Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-01-17, 01:07 PM
All World

SOTT is on a distinguished road
Week Two Thread

What's everyone looking forward to this weekend?

Looks to be pretty good weather again across the state.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-17, 02:15 PM
All American

yj_runfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Any race across the southern end of the state will be drenched.
Old 09-01-17, 02:44 PM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Already worried that our meet is going to get cancelled
Old 09-01-17, 02:59 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
NW should be cool/dry/fast and there are some meets on fast course so expect lots of PR's.
Old 09-01-17, 04:47 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
Any race across the southern end of the state will be drenched.
Really? While I don't live in SW Ohio anymore that's where I grew up and check the weather there regularly. It says rainfall may "reach a quarter of an inch" and that tomorrow morning is off and on showers. Maybe not exactly ideal, but far from terrible conditions.
Old 09-01-17, 06:02 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
The weather report I am looking at right now says it is going to start raining here in Columbus about 8:00 tonight and keep raining for at least 24 hours as Harvey moves through.
Old 09-01-17, 08:28 PM
All American

yj_runfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTT View Post
Really? While I don't live in SW Ohio anymore that's where I grew up and check the weather there regularly. It says rainfall may "reach a quarter of an inch" and that tomorrow morning is off and on showers. Maybe not exactly ideal, but far from terrible conditions.
The remnants of the hurricane will dump 3-4" on the Cincinnati area. There is a flash flood watch issued
Old 09-01-17, 08:46 PM
Varsity

jakeburg is on a distinguished road
We pray for those in the Houston region. But as for racing tomorrow, I say, "Bring it."
Old 09-02-17, 06:09 AM
All World

getting ready to leave for a hilly course in the rain. should be fun
Old 09-02-17, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Coventry raced at the Hoover invitational today. Our 1-2 gap dropped to the point where they were in contact the entire race. 2 and 3 gap stayed the same but 1-3 gap dropped about 40 seconds. 3-4-5-6 were still in relative contact with each other. We are also building some depth with our 7, 8, and 9 positions. Not 100 percent pleased with the results today, I hate that we lost again to Chippewa, but I feel like we're making progress. I believe that how the remainder of the season unfolds will be entirely decided by how much 3,4,5 can close the gap between 2 and 1.

Next week we will be in an easier invitational, Dover, where the best team from last year is Tuslaw by far, and last year coventry took 2nd place. Its a painfully rugged/ hilly course, but a course we can learn how to throw watch onto trash can and race.

Yes Coventry girls team has been restored. Infact Coventry now posesses a middle school girls team. Progress.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-17, 08:22 PM
Varsity

Shelby boys raced really well at Ashland today. NP girls also had a very nice showing, something I haven't seen from them since the late 1980s.
Old 09-02-17, 09:05 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeburg View Post
Shelby boys raced really well at Ashland today. NP girls also had a very nice showing, something I haven't seen from them since the late 1980s.
Lots of good young talent at NP right now for both girls and boys. They'll be tough to handle in dual meets this spring on the track.
Old 09-02-17, 09:06 PM
All World

Not that anyone puts too much stock into polls at this time of year, but the Brunswick girls look to be the second best team behind Centerville right now and I think they were ranked in the high teens or even twenty. One under 18, two more under 19 and their fourth in the low 19s. Their fifth was in the low 20s but as well as they're coached I'm sure she'll close the gap some.
Old 09-02-17, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
GlenOak boys and girls swept the overall team titles at Marlington today. DII-DIII titles went to Marlington girls and Field boys. Conditions were quite good: cool, cloudy, and breezy. Course was damp but firm. Rain stayed away during the HS races but rolled in during the MS races.

Dylan Bailey of Alliance won the boys race in 16:45 while Madelyn Bartolone of Perry won the girls race in 19:31 where the top 3 finishers were separated by 1 second.

Psycho_dad would be proud of Bartolone. She ran with a teammate for the 1st 3/4 of a mile, was 20 sec. behind the leader at the mile mark, was still 12 sec. behind at the 2 mile, yet was able to come forward and get the win.
Old 09-02-17, 09:40 PM
All Region

peebles is on a distinguished road
Salem boys were second to Field at the Marlington White-Stumpf Invitational thanks to a 1-2 finish in the Div II-III race. Salem actually beat Field in the overall scoring when combined with the Div I teams. They finished third behind Glen Oak and Mass Perry, with Field finishing fourth. Bailey from Alliance finished first overall, just ahead of Salem's two sophomores. I'm looking forward to the competitive Walsh Jesuit Invite next week. Salem's Rozeski won the girl's II-III and the team finished second.

Last edited by peebles; 09-02-17 at 09:52 PM..
Old 09-03-17, 07:18 AM
All World

Greenon dropped to DIII and ran well yesterday. They are likely a top 15 boys team. Their top guy went 1616 on a hilly course
Old 09-03-17, 12:39 PM
All Region

LoveCrossCountry is on a distinguished road
Duals at the Dewine's in Cedarville was perfect. Just cool and overcast with no real wind and no rain. The brainchild of TWHS boy's coach Bill Darling, this is truly a unique meet. If I were a coach of a team in Ohio, I would plead to be allowed entry. A well-maintained course with two creek crossings.
Old 09-03-17, 02:09 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCrossCountry View Post
Duals at the Dewine's in Cedarville was perfect. Just cool and overcast with no real wind and no rain. The brainchild of TWHS boy's coach Bill Darling, this is truly a unique meet. If I were a coach of a team in Ohio, I would plead to be allowed entry. A well-maintained course with two creek crossings.
I will second this. It is a very nice course, and for many teams dual meets are thing of the past. The conditions were nearly perfect. The course was in great shape and it's a very nice atmosphere.
Old 09-03-17, 06:41 PM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Greenon dropped to DIII and ran well yesterday. They are likely a top 15 boys team. Their top guy went 1616 on a hilly course
They look to have a solid squad, no doubt.
Old 09-05-17, 06:42 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
For the Poll Voters, D2 girls. CVCA beat Chagrin Falls rather soundly at Kenston. CVCA's 6 was ahead of CF's 4.

At Avon Lake, $V$M would have bested Padua Franciscan, but PF would have beaten Bay and Beaumont had they been in the same race. Padua Franciscan has a nice team.
Old 09-05-17, 08:45 PM
Varsity

Tuslaw (DII #11) edged Smithville (D3 #4) in boys action at Univ. of Akron - Wayne College in Orrville tonight. Pretty intense race. Nice pack for almost 2 miles, before McKeal and Clark stretched it out. Tuslaw's great pack won the day.

It's a more challenging course than people realize. Definitely doesn't set up for teams that focus on times. Second and third miles are tactical meatgrinders. Good stuff. Tuslaw's girls won, as well, with Smithville taking second in that race, as well.

http://www.baumspage.com/cc/ccevent....id=212&table=C