Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-18-17, 08:47 AM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Billed Cap During CC Race

My son suffers from horrible migraine headaches that is triggered by exercise/sunlight so he always wears a baseball cap and sunglasses every time he runs. Reading the uniform regulations the only cap that can be worn is a non billed cap. Am I reading this correctly? If so is there anyway to get an exception to this rule for medical reasons.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-17, 10:49 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
My son suffers from horrible migraine headaches that is triggered by exercise/sunlight so he always wears a baseball cap and sunglasses every time he runs. Reading the uniform regulations the only cap that can be worn is a non billed cap. Am I reading this correctly? If so is there anyway to get an exception to this rule for medical reasons.

Thanks!
Have his doctor write an explanation then have the coach forward that explanation to Dale Gabor with a request for an exception. If it is granted Mr. Gabor will provide a letter that the coach can take to meets to give to the officials. (My recommendation is that you make a bunch of copies so that there is definitely one there.)
Old 08-25-17, 06:15 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mathking. I sent an e-mail to Dale and he said they grant waivers to bill cap rule but he need the request from school admin (no Dr. note needed). So I ask our AD to make the request and received the waiver back today so my son will be able to where the cap tomorrow for his race so one less thing for him/us to worry about. The waiver is good all school year so if still needed he can were one during track.
Old 08-25-17, 06:50 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Billed Cap During CC Race

Glad to hear it! Good luck tomorrow.