Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-17, 11:54 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
Yes, and Hamilton won as well. A decent night for Moe football.
Does anyone know if Trinity and Scoot Co. come to Lockland next year to return a home-home?
Old 09-09-17, 12:08 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes. I heard they return those games so both come to Lockland next year. Big computer point win last night.
Old 09-09-17, 12:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Yes. I heard they return those games so both come to Lockland next year. Big computer point win last night.
Good to hear that they return the game. Yes, Moe loses last night they were doomed!
Old 09-09-17, 01:09 PM
All American

Quote:
One more...Any Hawkins updates on his return?
Old 09-10-17, 04:19 PM
Varsity

It would be nice to have him back for next week against X but I haven't heard anything on his return.
Old 09-11-17, 01:48 AM
Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
Not sure how hawkins fits in to the lineup anymore. Dline looks fine without him. Good win this weekend! GBM
Old 09-11-17, 07:57 AM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
Hawkins always has a spot on the D-Line. He is that good! Is this another Hamilton game this Friday with Moe getting on top early and ending this game with a running clock?
Old 09-11-17, 11:28 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Don't look now, but Big Moe's final 6 games are against teams with a combined record of 18-0. Rut Roh! GBM
Old 09-11-17, 12:45 PM
Varsity

Big point games coming up after this week. It would be nice to win all 6 of those games but I would take a sweep of the GCL games (GCL Champs), a split with Iggy's and Ed's and a win over Winton Woods. 8-2 will give us one of the top spots in the Region and a home game. GBM.
Old 09-11-17, 04:47 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
Hawkins always has a spot on the D-Line. He is that good! Is this another Hamilton game this Friday with Moe getting on top early and ending this game with a running clock?
When he comes back, I'm sure there will be some rust to knock off for a few games, but a positive is that he won't be beat to hell physically come November , granted we are still playing.
Old 09-11-17, 10:24 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Foot injuries are tough especially for bigger players- heard it was pretty bad. Would be surprised to see Hawkins back any time soon, but am sure when he is ready he will be welcomed back in the lineup.
Old 09-12-17, 08:05 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Foot injuries are tough especially for bigger players- heard it was pretty bad. Would be surprised to see Hawkins back any time soon, but am sure when he is ready he will be welcomed back in the lineup.
Remember when Moeller big man Nate Fowler broke his foot he missed his entire senior year and wasn't back up to basketball speed for about 10 months.
Old 09-12-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Remember when Moeller big man Nate Fowler broke his foot he missed his entire senior year and wasn't back up to basketball speed for about 10 months.
I thought of him, too. That was such a bummer for both him and the program. He had battled foot issues for a couple of years, came back too early and then ultimately had to miss his whole Senior year. Certainly worth the wait though- love watching him play at Butler!
Initially heard Hawkins needed screws in his foot, which if that's what ended up being the case, means it is unlikely to see him much if at all this season. Again, from good source but was before surgery so could have changed.
Old 09-14-17, 02:15 PM
All Ohio

1. Lafeyetee is not going to be a push over. They were in their state title game last year, lost to Scott County by 10 this year.

2. I would be surprised if Hawkins plays a snap this year.

3. Carpenter picked up an offer from Indiana U. on tuesday. Great kid. He looks like a man among boys as a junior. I'm assuming they are having him help our smaller center every snap.

Last edited by LEONARD; 09-14-17 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 07:16 AM
All American

Great job last night. Good showing by student section as well. Quite a bit of enthusiasm brewing. Offensive juggernaut in the making. Back to work on Monday. I think the visitors coming in on Friday will have some serious issues awaiting them. GBM
Old 09-19-17, 11:43 AM
All Ohio

sig4969 is on a distinguished road
With a win on Friday (15)
Two more games to go 500 this year....

Which two games will Moeller win ?

I said Elder and Winton Woods....
Old 09-19-17, 04:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig4969 View Post

So your on here saying Moe cant be X? I say first team to 30 wins Friday. Moe Secondary needs to bring its A game. Last yrs game was decided on turnovers. Gotta protect the ball this year. Note to Moeller coaches; Dont be aftaid to make adjustments to stop the bubble screen this year.
Old 09-19-17, 07:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig4969 View Post

Big Moe defense is really gonna have to get pressure on QB and hope secondary can hold their own. Gonna be a great game.

I think Moe beats both LaSalle and Elder as well as WW. Can we find a W out of X, Iggy, Ed's to go 6-4? Hope So.
Old 09-20-17, 08:53 AM
Varsity

A win this week will give us a lot of MOEmentum going into LaSalle and Elder. We beat LaSalle and Elder and sweep the GCL (GCL Champs). Hope for a split with I's and Ed's and beat Winton Woods to finish 7-3. You can't complain with a 7-3 record with the schedule that we have this year. I think the schedule this year is equal to last years schedule. GBM!
Old 09-20-17, 06:56 PM
Varsity

8 - 2 if we run the table in the GCL, beat Winton Woods and split with I's and Ed's. If we don't split with I's and Ed's I'll take 7-3. I would love to know with MoeJo83 thinks. GBM!
Old 09-21-17, 03:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
8 - 2 if we run the table in the GCL, beat Winton Woods and split with I's and Ed's. If we don't split with I's and Ed's I'll take 7-3. I would love to know with MoeJo83 thinks. GBM!
All i ask for is a W on friday. GBm!
Old 09-22-17, 12:34 PM
All District

Hope the Crusaders drink plenty of pickle juice. its hot hot hot out there today.
Old 09-22-17, 10:40 PM
All American

MOEFAN
At best, Moeller wins one more game this year, maybe.
Old 09-23-17, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEFAN View Post
At best, Moeller wins one more game this year, maybe.
It would be hard to argue with you on that one.
Old 09-25-17, 01:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
It would be hard to argue with you on that one.
Very disappointing Friday night at Lockland. Both on and off field performances were hard to watch. This can't be all on the kids. What I witnessed in the stands was truly awful. GBM
Old 09-25-17, 03:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Very disappointing Friday night at Lockland. Both on and off field performances were hard to watch. This can't be all on the kids. What I witnessed in the stands was truly awful. GBM
Unfortunate that it happened. Stuff happens. Frustrations must have boiled over? It's been a frustrating 2.5 years of Moe football for fans, player and coaches. Sounds like Moe AD took care of it. Hopefully something good will come from this? Time to move on.

This team can win 2-3 more games and easily make the playoffs. Lets focus on that and hope this team can salvage the season. They have some really good players who are fun to watch and deserve a playoff spot!
Old 09-26-17, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Is McBride done for the season?
Old 10-01-17, 10:23 AM
All American

This is getting old. 12 up and 15 down in the last 27 games. In the GCL 1 up and 7 down in the last 8 games. Last victory was a gimpy legged QB now at Pitt leading the Big Moe at the Pit. Anybody have any insight why we had to use 2 timeouts when LaSalle was in a fourth and 3 mid way through the final quarter? They lined up like they were going for it and so coach called a time out. Presumably he wanted to get the right personnel on the field. Probably wanted to warn against getting drawn off sides as well with a hard count. LaSalle then changes their mind and comes out in punt formation. Coach calls another time out. Come on Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was not hard to recognize they were going to punt since they jogged their punt team on to the field after the first time out. Did any of the coaches or players not recognize the punt formation and drop someone back? Was it necessary to call another time out? I'm just looking for answers here. It would seem to me that part of the discussion after calling the first time out would be to instruct your team to watch for a possible change of heart by LaSalle and if they run the punt team on to the field drop someone back for crying out loud. Don't waste another time out.

I'm just venting here. By the way, did you notice the exchange of pleasantries by the head coaches after the game? Colder than a Siberian snowman. Oh well, time to move on. Can't wait for Friday
Old 10-01-17, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
This is getting old. 12 up and 15 down in the last 27 games. In the GCL 1 up and 7 down in the last 8 games. Last victory was a gimpy legged QB now at Pitt leading the Big Moe at the Pit. Anybody have any insight why we had to use 2 timeouts when LaSalle was in a fourth and 3 mid way through the final quarter? They lined up like they were going for it and so coach called a time out. Presumably he wanted to get the right personnel on the field. Probably wanted to warn against getting drawn off sides as well with a hard count. LaSalle then changes their mind and comes out in punt formation. Coach calls another time out. Come on Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was not hard to recognize they were going to punt since they jogged their punt team on to the field after the first time out. Did any of the coaches or players not recognize the punt formation and drop someone back? Was it necessary to call another time out? I'm just looking for answers here. It would seem to me that part of the discussion after calling the first time out would be to instruct your team to watch for a possible change of heart by LaSalle and if they run the punt team on to the field drop someone back for crying out loud. Don't waste another time out.

I'm just venting here. By the way, did you notice the exchange of pleasantries by the head coaches after the game? Colder than a Siberian snowman. Oh well, time to move on. Can't wait for Friday
Things will continue to slide until a change is made. The only question will be is how bad will the administration let things get before they finally pull the plug on Rodenburg.
Old 10-01-17, 04:29 PM
All Ohio

The Game
That was another tough loss on Friday. It seems if something can go wrong with this team.....it goes wrong. They just can't seem to turn the corner. On a positive note, I think the kids played hard and put up a good fight. I like how they put Wills and Khayo on defense to take away LaSalle's big weapons. Carpenter is playing both ways too. The negative...it was the second week in a row they allowed a kick off return for a touchdown that totally swung the momentum in the 2nd half. The wasting of time outs for not having special teams personnel on the field and the devastating blow was allowing a 98 yard drive for a td to end the game. Like I said, they just can't seem to turn the corner and close out the game.