Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Mason Comets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-23-17, 04:54 PM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
Mason Starters for Week 1

I just heard Mason declared a starting QB and the kid that didn't get the nod quit. this true? Hope its not. both were seniors I believe.
Old 08-27-17, 09:27 AM
Freshman

Never Punt is on a distinguished road
You are correct......he learned he was not going to be the starter and left the facility and let all of the players know we was quitting. It was in colorful language and to many. He must of thought about it over the weekend and was back at practice on Monday.
Old 08-27-17, 03:51 PM
All District

grappledude is on a distinguished road
I guess daddy ball is over.
Old 08-28-17, 10:01 PM
Varsity

RUKidding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by grappledude View Post
I guess daddy ball is over.
Or just another Castner screw job ! Which I might add , he is known for ! A person like him should not be in control of a young mans destiny... But he is ! I think he has young ones and some day Kharma will evolve. And wait .. You havent seen daddy ball till his boys arrive. Heck its still daddy ball with the WR .
Old 08-31-17, 09:00 PM
Freshman

Snowfor4fun is on a distinguished road
Daddy Ball would be a drastic improvement to the crap that Castner continues to plague the community and team with.
Old 09-03-17, 10:25 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfor4fun View Post
Daddy Ball would be a drastic improvement to the crap that Castner continues to plague the community and team with.
He rules our school and our community.Not only does he decide what kids will play at the next level but where they will continue.Soon he will have the power over the parents as to where they will work and if you should be fired.If you abide by his heirarchy you have no problems. Disagree, he ruins your sons life and yours.Im sure a call to the colleges to tell them jr should not be recruited follows.
Old 09-03-17, 06:12 PM
All District

Sorry to hear that your kid didn't get as much playing time as he did when you coached in MYF.
Old 09-04-17, 12:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Sorry to hear that your kid didn't get as much playing time as he did when you coached in MYF.
Not sure who you think I am.Remember, I have no boys . Just girls in my family.As far as coaching, never had that oppurtunity. Im glad to see you stand behind your buddy eventhough he has been outed.
Old 09-05-17, 08:11 AM
All District

I find it very difficult to believe that someone like yourself who continually bashed this coach has had no boys in the program. There is simply too much activity and passion.

I have actually never met the coach but I do enjoy following the program. What I do tire of is the arrogance and demanding attitude of many selfish Mason parents. I tire of it at sporting events. I tire of it on social media. I tire of it at Bw3's etc. etc. etc. It's a big reason that other communities can't stand Mason.
Old 09-05-17, 11:36 AM
All Region

The G Man is on a distinguished road
He definitely had a kid in the system who he feels got slighted by Castner. To boot, his posting style and comments are so eerily similar to another disgruntled parent, Ohiorunner. It's a shame though that Ohiorunner mysteriously stopped posting after becoming a moderated user, which was just before this guy showed up. Such odd timing. I bet they'd have been fast friends. Oh, well!
Old 09-05-17, 11:36 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I find it very difficult to believe that someone like yourself who continually bashed this coach has had no boys in the program. There is simply too much activity and passion.

I have actually never met the coach but I do enjoy following the program. What I do tire of is the arrogance and demanding attitude of many selfish Mason parents. I tire of it at sporting events. I tire of it on social media. I tire of it at Bw3's etc. etc. etc. It's a big reason that other communities can't stand Mason.
If you never met the coach and you simply follow the program than you and I share that in commom. However, I reside in the community and I believe you do not otherwise you would be all too familiar with Castners stunts. I know families whose kids have gone thru the program and were very good athletes and contributed on the field. They have filled me in on all the comings & goings. What I dont like is the control he casts over players and faculty.
Old 09-05-17, 12:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUKidding View Post
If you never met the coach and you simply follow the program than you and I share that in commom. However, I reside in the community and I believe you do not otherwise you would be all too familiar with Castners stunts. I know families whose kids have gone thru the program and were very good athletes and contributed on the field. They have filled me in on all the comings & goings. What I dont like is the control he casts over players and faculty.
And you have taken your concerns about the coach to the AD and/or school board how many times? I think I already know the answer.
Old 09-05-17, 09:38 PM
Varsity

Quote:
And you have taken your concerns about the coach to the AD and/or school board how many times? I think I already know the answer.
I have not personally attended or addressed the board but have heard in passing they are all scared of Castner. With that being said , what good would it do for me to address anything or anybody.Nothing will ever happen.
Old 09-06-17, 07:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUKidding View Post
I have not personally attended or addressed the board but have heard in passing they are all scared of Castner. With that being said , what good would it do for me to address anything or anybody.Nothing will ever happen.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It's much easier to rally against someone on a sports forum than to address your grace concerns of controlling the students and faculty in an open forum or face to face with the AD.

I find your claim that the AD and school board are afraid of a football coach laughable. I would bet that the school board has never even met this football coach.

Again, sorry that football didn't work out for your son as you'd hoped. Fortunately there are many other extra curricular activities at his disposal.
Old 09-07-17, 12:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. It's much easier to rally against someone on a sports forum than to address your grace concerns of controlling the students and faculty in an open forum or face to face with the AD.

I find your claim that the AD and school board are afraid of a football coach laughable. I would bet that the school board has never even met this football coach.

Again, sorry that football didn't work out for your son as you'd hoped. Fortunately there are many other extra curricular activities at his disposal.
Its very clear you have no clue about anything in Mason. Probably be best that you troll another sight. Maybe one that you actually know something about instead of your clueless comments.
Old 09-07-17, 03:28 PM
All District

On to Sycamore. Looks like this will be the biggest test for the comets thus far. I feel they will woop up on the aves this year. politics aside, the boys on the field seem to play hard. Mason 17, Sycamore 7.
Old 09-09-17, 12:10 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
On to Sycamore. Looks like this will be the biggest test for the comets thus far. I feel they will woop up on the aves this year. politics aside, the boys on the field seem to play hard. Mason 17, Sycamore 7.
Well you witnessed it again.. Castner outcoached again.. People are you ready to move on yet ?
Old 09-09-17, 08:16 AM
All District

Sycamore definitely more prepared to play. Heard a lot of parents saying it was an old fashioned butt whooping after the game. Mason's O-Line got dominated. Not good when you have 21 getting stuffed in backfield when he is 60% of the offense.
Old 09-09-17, 08:19 AM
All District

I also heard that Mason played some new kids last night. Injuries or changes? 17 at MLB and 2 at safety and KR.
Old 09-09-17, 09:18 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I also heard that Mason played some new kids last night. Injuries or changes? 17 at MLB and 2 at safety and KR.
Eagle, injuries happen and its next man up. The injuries they have were not game changers. Our Comets were 2-0 ! Why were we trying to fix something that was not broken especially with Sycamore looming?
Old 09-09-17, 03:56 PM
All District

that's my point, unless something was really wrong with the kids that got you to 2-0 why start your punter at MLB?
Old 09-09-17, 06:31 PM
Freshman

Never Punt is on a distinguished road
#17 played middle linebacker and led teams in tackles ........4 solo and 3 assists. That is what is on GMC site. #2 had been in trouble and just got back into playtime.
Old 09-11-17, 07:15 AM
All District

Looks like the comets have a new MLB. Way to go #17. Keep up the good work. Hamilton should be a get well game as the comets have too much for Hamilton. thoughts???
Old 09-11-17, 05:10 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Looks like the comets have a new MLB. Way to go #17. Keep up the good work. Hamilton should be a get well game as the comets have too much for Hamilton. thoughts???
I watched Hamiltucky play Moeller. Though they were beat pretty good,the QB and RBs were not too bad. They do have some skilled kids . If Mason doesnt take this seriously, the outcome could be bad.
Old 09-11-17, 05:33 PM
All District

Agreed that Mason should not take Hamilton lightly. I think it would be wise for the comets to figure out a way to give Sora more then 14 carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-17, 11:07 AM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
I am not a Castner fan but I would like to know from those who do support Castner why you think he is the right person for the position? What makes you think he is going to get Mason to the level of Colerain where the Comets can compete at the elite level. And don't tell me Mason is competing at the Elite level now or in the past, Mason has never won consistently against the big time D1 programs. But if there is something going on that you can share with us which makes you think Castner is the right person please share.

Last edited by College#19; 09-19-17 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-19-17, 04:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
I am not a Castner fan but I would like to know from those who do support Castner why you think he is the right person for the position? What makes you think he is going to get Mason to the level of Colerain where the Comets can compete at the elite level. And don't tell me Mason is competing at the Elite level now or in the past, Mason has never won consistently against the big time D1 programs. But if there is something going on that you can share with us which makes you think Castner is the right person please share.
Seems like it always comes back to BC. I submit it doesnt matter who u have in Mason. Popovich couldnt do it Castner cant do it. Demographics are too soft to produce a colerain type football program in Mason. Swimming soccer golf track and occassionally baseball is Masons gig. For football, mason families need to move to colerain or pay up and pick a GCL school.
Old 09-19-17, 07:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Seems like it always comes back to BC. I submit it doesnt matter who u have in Mason. Popovich couldnt do it Castner cant do it. Demographics are too soft to produce a colerain type football program in Mason. Swimming soccer golf track and occassionally baseball is Masons gig. For football, mason families need to move to colerain or pay up and pick a GCL school.
Really? Mason seems to have the demographic for tough wrestlers.
Old 09-20-17, 08:49 AM
All District

Quote:
Really? Mason seems to have the demographic for tough wrestlers.
not many 240 lb and up kids walking the halls of Mason. never gonna dominate without size and speed. Colerain usual has a lot of speed and more size then everyone else in GMC. GCL schools usually have both. Tough Wrestlers usually get you to where Mason is at right now in football. good luck on the mats this winter.
Old 09-20-17, 11:01 AM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is weak. There are plenty of bodies at Mason to run an elite program. Mason is one of the largest high schools in the State of Ohio. So I guess Sycamore (which is a smaller school) just has tougher kids with all the same other options for activities.

Get a great a coach and the kids will come. Mason needs to hire a big name. The Administration has to make Football a priority and it should be because what else in the community gets 7000 people in one place on Friday night.

Castner is not detail oriented enough

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: