Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-01-18, 08:59 AM
All District

starcatcher8 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Cancelled- Cross Country Coaches Retreat

Due to lack of interest! The Cross Country Coaches Retreat for July 20-22nd has been cancelled!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-18, 12:52 PM
Freshman

coachwhitman is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, but 3 days sure seemed to be a long time to talk about issues pertaining to CC. I'm pretty sure it would have been better suited for a one day thing.
Old 07-02-18, 04:59 AM
All World

SOTT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwhitman View Post
Sorry to hear that, but 3 days sure seemed to be a long time to talk about issues pertaining to CC. I'm pretty sure it would have been better suited for a one day thing.
Itís less about the official ďtalkingĒ and more about having the opportunity to have some camaraderie, pick each otherís brains, and just enjoy each othersí company. Thatís good feedback for Ron, though, if he tries it again next year.
Old 07-02-18, 10:08 AM
All American

madman is on a distinguished road
I had been dragging my feet on this a bit, but my assistant coach and I were planning to attend.

3 days did seem a bit long. Maybe an evening, overnight, and most of the next day?
Old 07-02-18, 11:45 AM
All District

PatHelgerman is on a distinguished road
I think a Saturday Sunday would have been more doable. I wanted to come, but taking a vacation day and cancelling a day of conditioning would have added to the costs.
Old 07-02-18, 01:36 PM
All District

tmk is on a distinguished road
I was sorry to hear this was cancelled as well. I wanted to come as well, just couldn't make the dates work this time around.

Ron has done so much for so many of us over the years, and this was another outstanding idea on his part. The opportunity to soak up wisdom from such a successful group of coaches is always a positive.

The shame is that we don't have these kinds of platforms more often to discuss not just training but the other aspects of coaching. I've been lucky enough to come across coaches over the years (and I include Starcatcher8 in that group) that not only try to give us those chances, but are more than willing to talk about how they have approached things. Incredibly valuable experiences, for sure.
Old 07-02-18, 07:59 PM
Freshman

coachwhitman is on a distinguished road
Sorry for opining on a site populated by so many sage distance coaches. I forgot I'm just a sprint coach. My bad