Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-23-17, 11:07 AM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods v. Northmont

I can never remember a more important season opener for my Warriors, this game is a tone sitter for the season. The Warriors are as talented as any team in the city and should win 6 games on that alone. Warriors by 10
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-17, 01:11 PM
All District

Pant512 is on a distinguished road
Yea. I say winton by 2 or 3 tds
Old 08-23-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I just remember last season's debacle with the back to back travel up to Clayton Northmont , due to the storm, that ended in a loss. Whats differences this season compared to last. Winton Woods at home? I need to think about this a little more.
Old 08-23-17, 01:48 PM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
The difference is I think they know their identity now. I don't think they will be pass happy but hey we will see
Old 08-23-17, 07:20 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Every game is key and I'm going with the Warriors by 2 touchdowns.
Old 08-23-17, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
We are WW so we have very good chance of winning! We are WW so we also have a chance of losing! Hoping for the best! One game at a time. Keep the ball on the ground! Go Warriors.
Old 08-24-17, 06:23 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
We are WW so we have very good chance of winning! We are WW so we also have a chance of losing! Hoping for the best! One game at a time. Keep the ball on the ground! Go Warriors.
Blue that is hilariously spot on.
Old 08-24-17, 06:31 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Was curious in the off season but never posted....

Were there any changes to the coaching staff this season?
New coaches?
How bout returning coaches with different responsibilities?
Old 08-24-17, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Was curious in the off season but never posted....

Were there any changes to the coaching staff this season?
New coaches?
How bout returning coaches with different responsibilities?
There is a different coach calling the offensive plays this season. I think thats 3 play callers in 4 season's. No other coaching changes at all. Gillespie has done a good job with the placekicker. The kid ain't bad.
Old 08-24-17, 09:47 AM
All Yappi

I would usually hit the freshman game just to take the edge off but I have too much to do in preparation for this weekend. I got the opener tomorrow, date night with Mrs. Magic on Saturday, and church on Sunday. But the Freshmen absolutely dismantled Sycamore in a scrimmage. 5pm at Northmont today.
Old 08-24-17, 06:43 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I would usually hit the freshman game just to take the edge off but I have too much to do in preparation for this weekend. I got the opener tomorrow, date night with Mrs. Magic on Saturday, and church on Sunday. But the Freshmen absolutely dismantled Sycamore in a scrimmage. 5pm at Northmont today.
that's good to hear that the talent is still coming in.
Old 08-24-17, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
that's good to hear that the talent is still coming in.
Yea man. Winton Woods freshmen beat Northmont 37-7 today. It amazes me how the Freshmen compete with large D1 schools. The freshmen schedule consist of ALL 4 GCL South schools, Springboro, Northmont, West Clermont. It wouldn't surprise me if the Freshmen finish unbeaten (Not a prediction). I hope they all get to play in the JV games, to really test them.
Old 08-24-17, 10:01 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Uh, DMR , that is a busy schedule. Uh the freshman game is to much. Uh stifle yourself and go to church on Sunday,it is always a plus.
Old 08-24-17, 10:07 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Yea man. Winton Woods freshmen beat Northmont 37-7 today. It amazes me how the Freshmen compete with large D1 schools. The freshmen schedule consist of ALL 4 GCL South schools, Springboro, Northmont, West Clermont. It wouldn't surprise me if the Freshmen finish unbeaten (Not a prediction). I hope they all get to play in the JV games, to really test them.
Uh, yeah, right Woods freshmen are all all-stars, the very reason Woods will never get in a league in SW Ohio. Uh West Clermont will dump you guys post haste. Uh GCL south schools will probably wear out soon.
Old 08-24-17, 10:10 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I hate that the majority of Warrior nation feels this way, that's why I think a week one victory is critical.
Old 08-25-17, 03:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, DMR , that is a busy schedule. Uh the freshman game is to much. Uh stifle yourself and go to church on Sunday,it is always a plus.
Uh, I didn't attend the Freshmen game. It was Thursday. Uh, I was sharing my weekend schedule. Uh the weekend consist of uh Friday, uh Saturday and uh Sunday. I spent all day Thursday cleaning the Magic fleet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170824_102753.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1758
Old 08-25-17, 06:13 AM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well if they're that good, let's hope they stay around the program for the long run and not transfer
Old 08-25-17, 07:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
There is a different coach calling the offensive plays this season. I think thats 3 play callers in 4 season's. No other coaching changes at all. Gillespie has done a good job with the placekicker. The kid ain't bad.
Different coach calling plays, 😳Not sure if I'm happy and relieved or frightened
And same old status quo. Play calling has been suspect the last few years to say the least. Very junior high, vanilla, basic , no originality. So we'll see and for goodness sake please change up the snap count coach. You have to keep the defense off balance.
Old 08-25-17, 07:43 AM
All Region

No more excuses!
Go warriors
Old 08-25-17, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
Different coach calling plays, 😳Not sure if I'm happy and relieved or frightened
And same old status quo. Play calling has been suspect the last few years to say the least. Very junior high, vanilla, basic , no originality. So we'll see and for goodness sake please change up the snap count coach. You have to keep the defense off balance.
I agree with your feelings on a different play caller. The coach thats calling the plays has to be always thinking about his next play and can't be caught up in the emotions of the ballgame. I don't mind if things are kinda vanilla because I don't want the offense behind the chains, or to put extra pressure on the special teams, or turn the ball over. Just be patient. And I totally agree with changing up the snap count.
Old 08-25-17, 08:27 AM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
Trust me I think they are in good hands
Old 08-25-17, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Almost game time. Warriors has to keep an eye on Perkins. We'll see at least 2 reverses to him, 4 jet sweeps. Secondary has to watch the double move.
Old 08-25-17, 10:30 PM
All Yappi

Why do we have so many guys on the sidelines in street clothes?
Old 08-25-17, 11:17 PM
All Region

WW-Northmont my two cents recap

Personal fouls
You can always count on WW to get 2-3 a game, this will/could bite us in the butt especially
Next week on the road with their home town refs, etc. you make a good play, great show excitement then get back in the huddle.

Play calling
I will give a c+ some questionable pass plays when should obviously be run, take time off the clock I see where you might be trying to fool the defense

Players still not knowing what down it is, who is coming in staying out on the field, coach had to call at least 2 timeouts because of organization on the field

QB play-
Struggled in first half, still just winging the ball instead of throwing the ball. See my moments of the game notes on QB play

Each week I will have my own two cents moments/ players of the game, etc

5- the running combo of our RB is very nice, fresh legs, hard runners, I believe each of these guys could have 700+ yards rushing this season

4- QB after first have struggles, didn't keep his head down and made some plays with his arm and legs, just needs to be more consistent, still he showed his mental toughness

3- #14 special teams player played well in putting pressure on their punter forcing rushed punts, actually besides giving up the TD run our special teams did okay.
We finally have a solid kicker- how refreshing to know we have that added weapon

2- Coaching staff , that's right I said it see #1 for reason

1- DB #5 Q. Smith
Northmont player number 1 was killing us, having his way doing whatever he wanted in first have, whoever on the coaching staff that made the halftime adjustment was the overall number one key for the game IMO

Our DB shut him down and lined up where ever he lined up and did outstanding one on one coverage. Our DBs just need to turn their heads and run with the receivers and you'll see more int, pass break ups, etc

Overall nice win and solid for a first game, clean up a few things and we could be talking about a special team , one game at a time

Did see some nice sized young men in street clothes, could use them for depth purposes for sure, looked like a couple of our guys were going both ways a lot

Oats showed why is is legit as they come and he wasn't alone really nice players who you can see have a lot of talent.

NO MORE EXCUSES
Go Warriors
Old 08-25-17, 11:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Why do we have so many guys on the sidelines in street clothes?
Yep be nice to get them on the field, but we all understand the well being of these young men comes first, our # 58 for one looked whooped going both ways we could use the depth
Old 08-26-17, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

CB Quinn Smith had a great game. He absolutely won the matchup with Perkins. I thought the coaches waited too long to make the switch but when they did, I don't think Perkins had another reception. Q knocked down 3 or 4 balls and had a pick six. Player of the game.
Old 08-26-17, 08:29 AM
Freshman

WWWarrior is on a distinguished road
WW #28 Miyan Williams is a beast. A determined runner. And a KICKER !!! Who closed out the first half with a 47 yard FG, with 5 sec. left and getting iced by Northmont. Romel Velasquez ? Is that right?

Warriors Win 45-36 (after being down 20-12 at the half)
Old 08-26-17, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Yea. Nice kicker. I don't know how many people will agree with me when I say that this game should not had been this close. We won the special teams battle overall but can't give up a kickoff return TD like we did. Plus two blocked extra points. That's 10 points between those events. Granted you have to give Northmont credit, they didnt lay down.

#7 Anthony Clark is a real nice 2nd RB. I liked how the coaches used him in the 3rd quarter then came back with Miyan Williams in the 4th quarter to close out the game. But again we really need those bodies in street clothes on the field. It's 2 starting defensive lineman and a offensive lineman. That would add great depth in the trenches. The coaches did a good job managing personnel last night. Didnt have all the horses.
Old 08-26-17, 10:10 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWarrior View Post
WW #28 Miyan Williams is a beast. A determined runner. And a KICKER !!! Who closed out the first half with a 47 yard FG, with 5 sec. left and getting iced by Northmont. Romel Velasquez ? Is that right?

Warriors Win 45-36 (after being down 20-12 at the half)
Without any doubt, he is a BIG TIME STUD
Old 08-26-17, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea. Nice kicker. I don't know how many people will agree with me when I say that this game should not had been this close. We won the special teams battle overall but can't give up a kickoff return TD like we did. Plus two blocked extra points. That's 10 points between those events. Granted you have to give Northmont credit, they didnt lay down.

#7 Anthony Clark is a real nice 2nd RB. I liked how the coaches used him in the 3rd quarter then came back with Miyan Williams in the 4th quarter to close out the game. But again we really need those bodies in street clothes on the field. It's 2 starting defensive lineman and a offensive lineman. That would add great depth in the trenches. The coaches did a good job managing personnel last night. Didnt have all the horses.
Good win!!! WW coaches made great adjustments at the half. Took an early lead at the start of the game only to lose it by halftime. Showed a lot of resiliency the second half. Quinn Smith should have shadowed #1 of Northmont all game not just the second half but it's the first game, coaches will continue to learn personnel.