Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-11-18, 10:26 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Ball finished 10/7/7 this year. Iíd say he evolves into a very good nba player. I mean, I donít like his dad either, but you have to be honest that the kid has talent and a lot of upside.
I question your definition of a very good NBA player. He played 34 minutes per game. 10/7/7 is very, very, very attainable, especially when you have the ball in your hands most of the time you are on the floor.
EP, I can only imagine you are trolling as you normally do. We've went over this countless times. Guys like LeBron, Westbrook, Simmons, Lonzo are going to compile alot of statistics because the most important stat for them is minutes played. There are so many possessions in NBA games, so many opportunities to stuff the stat sheet. Lonzo's main numbers you need to look at, FG% 36%, 3Pt FG% 30%, and FT% 44%.
Lonzo had the lowest FG% of players who took more than 10 shots per game. Two others were in the neighborhood. Justin Holiday of the Bulls, 72 games 10.9 shots per game 37%,(he did actually have a respectible 35% 3Pt%) and Isaiah Thomas - who took an incredible 13 shots per game, making only 37%. I'll also note that both of those guys also shoot free throws at over 80%.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-18, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Again, I guess I have to repost my original post since you're too stupid to remember what was said. I said he doesn't have the size or physicality to get to the rim like LeBron does. If you think that is the entirely of LeBron's game, you're dumber than I originally gave you credit for.

This has been told to you a million times: there are other aspects of the game than shooting. Tony Allen carved out a 14 year career without being able to shoot. And Lonzo is a significantly better passer, playmaker and rebounder than Tony Allen ever was. Jason Kidd couldn't shoot an an NBA level when he was drafted. Now he's one of the best 3pt shooters of all time. Lonzo will likely never reach that, but he can improve his shooting. And that doesn't change the fact you said all of this after one month. Which is exactly how many games Markelle Fultz has played, one month's worth.

When did I ever say Embiid played a full season before this year? I get 2 and 4 because that's how long they've been in the league. That's how many years of NBA practices, conditioning, strength training etc. How you can say that isn't experience is beyond me.
I would say that Embiid has probably been involved in less practices than games so far in his career.
Old 05-11-18, 10:32 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I would say that Embiid has probably been involved in less practices than games so far in his career.
You say a lot of things. They are almost always wrong.
Old 05-11-18, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I question your definition of a very good NBA player. He played 34 minutes per game. 10/7/7 is very, very, very attainable, especially when you have the ball in your hands most of the time you are on the floor.
EP, I can only imagine you are trolling as you normally do. We've went over this countless times. Guys like LeBron, Westbrook, Simmons, Lonzo are going to compile alot of statistics because the most important stat for them is minutes played. There are so many possessions in NBA games, so many opportunities to stuff the stat sheet. Lonzo's main numbers you need to look at, FG% 36%, 3Pt FG% 30%, and FT% 44%.
Lonzo had the lowest FG% of players who took more than 10 shots per game. Two others were in the neighborhood. Justin Holiday of the Bulls, 72 games 10.9 shots per game 37%,(he did actually have a respectible 35% 3Pt%) and Isaiah Thomas - who took an incredible 13 shots per game, making only 37%. I'll also note that both of those guys also shoot free throws at over 80%.
I see him having a career similar to Jason Kidd. Kiddís career eFG% was 460 and wasnít over 500 until he was 35. Ballís eFG% was 440 and I would expect heíll be around 500-520 range for his career.
Old 05-11-18, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

It’s interesting though. Simmons avg 16/8/8 on basically the same minutes and a much higher usage rate than Ball. Simmons basically is a non-threat from 3. So 6/1/1 is the difference and you’re a huge Simmons guy and think Ball doesn’t even deserve to be in the league. Lol.
Old 05-11-18, 10:57 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
I don't see Lonzo being as good as Jason Kidd ... Kidd was a much better athlete ... but I do think Lonzo will be a fairly decent player ... to me his best attribute is his play making abilities ... I just don't see him being elite because of his physical limitations ... the problem will be is that he most likely never live up to the hype around him.

PS - Taco ... while Jason Kidd improved his shooting greatly ... he will never be considered "one of the best 3 point shooter of all time" ... he has a career % of 34% and only shot above 40% 2 or 3 times in his career ... but I do get your point about his improvement in that area. Also, Tony Allen carved out a 14 year career based on being a solid defensive player ... journeyman at best ... hardly a good comparison for Lonzo.
Old 05-11-18, 10:59 AM
All World

Raptors fire Casey - going after Budenholzer?
Old 05-11-18, 11:02 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
I don't see Lonzo being as good as Jason Kidd ... Kidd was a much better athlete ... but I do think Lonzo will be a fairly decent player ... to me his best attribute is his play making abilities ... I just don't see him being elite because of his physical limitations ... the problem will be is that he most likely never live up to the hype around him.

PS - Taco ... while Jason Kidd improved his shooting greatly ... he will never be considered "one of the best 3 point shooter of all time" ... he has a career % of 34% and only shot above 40% 2 or 3 times in his career ... but I do get your point about his improvement in that area. Also, Tony Allen carved out a 14 year career based on being a solid defensive player ... journeyman at best ... hardly a good comparison for Lonzo.
Good call on Kidd not having a great 3pt shooting percentage. I just remember seeing his name on the top 10 of FGs made. But a lot of that has to do with the 3pt shot not being utilized until the late 80s, even though it was introduced much earlier than that. And I wasn't comparing him to Tony Allen. I said other players have carved out careers while not being able to shoot.
Old 05-11-18, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post

Kidd-like; similar to Kidd. Agree, he may not achieve Kiddís level, but I think he could be a solid 15/8/8 guy, which puts him in rare multi-skill territory. Just curious what does Ball lack that Kidd has athletically?
Old 05-11-18, 11:12 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kidd-like; similar to Kidd. Agree, he may not achieve Kidd’s level, but I think he could be a solid 15/8/8 guy, which puts him in rare multi-skill territory. Just curious what does Ball lack that Kidd has athletically?
I agree that he could be Kidd like (15/8/8) ... but Kidd was quicker and stronger, could take it to the hole better and much better defensively ... I do think Lonzo will improve on these, but still never be as good as Kidd.
Old 05-11-18, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Raptors fire Casey - going after Budenholzer?
Holy Schottenheimer, Batman! NBA Coach of the Year.....and fired
Old 05-11-18, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Anyone have the Vegas line on the two conference championships?
Old 05-11-18, 11:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Anyone have the Vegas line on the two conference championships?
GS are at -190 favorites to win the series.
Cavs are the favorites at -275
Old 05-11-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Cowherd calling BS on Griffin claiming the Cavs "were just about to get good" with Kyrie when LBJ returned. 17 games under .500 in the East.

While on Simmons' show, Griffin also claimed that he could have kept Kyrie in Cleveland. As far as I'm concerned, that's also BS. He didn't want to be in the shadow OR be left behind if LeBron split.
Old 05-11-18, 11:44 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Holy Schottenheimer, Batman! NBA Coach of the Year.....and fired
I had to read the headline twice. Has that ever happened before to win COY and get fired in the same year?
Old 05-11-18, 12:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Cowherd calling BS on Griffin claiming the Cavs "were just about to get good" with Kyrie when LBJ returned. 17 games under .500 in the East.

While on Simmons' show, Griffin also claimed that he could have kept Kyrie in Cleveland. As far as I'm concerned, that's also BS. He didn't want to be in the shadow OR be left behind if LeBron split.
Yeah, don't really buy either. But I did enjoy the bit about last year's playoff match up against Toronto and the Kyrie pre-LeBron era.

Toronto, according to David Griffin:
"There's no play that you;ll run against LeBron that he can't name. In 2017 vs Toronto he told Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play the Raptors called out of the time out. He said 'No Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pick for Demar.'"

Pre-Lebron Kyrie Era, according to David Griffin:
"Kyrie had recruited a lot of guys to build a team around him and even got commitments from Gordon Hayward, Trevor Ariza, and other guys who were waiting on LeBron's decision."

I think Hayward was a RFA so Utah would have matched but still interesting. IIRC, that is one thing LeBron didn't do in his first stint in Cleveland. He didn't, and I think refused to when asked, to recruit players to come. He felt that was the GMs job. Makes me wonder if that was part of Kyrie's frustration. He thought he was going into 2014-15 season as the guy, with a team built around him. Then LeBron comes and all that changes.
Old 05-11-18, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
I had to read the headline twice. Has that ever happened before to win COY and get fired in the same year?
George Karl was fired after winning COY in Denver, I believe.
Old 05-11-18, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
In 9 seasons with Denver, Karl made the playoffs every single year, but lost in the first round 8 times lol that's rough.
Old 05-11-18, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
In 9 seasons with Denver, Karl made the playoffs every single year, but lost in the first round 8 times lol that's rough.
Marvin Lewis is the George Karl of the NFL.

Btw, they fired him and haven’t made the playoffs since.
Old 05-11-18, 01:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Itís interesting though. Simmons avg 16/8/8 on basically the same minutes and a much higher usage rate than Ball. Simmons basically is a non-threat from 3. So 6/1/1 is the difference and youíre a huge Simmons guy and think Ball doesnít even deserve to be in the league. Lol.
Simmons shot 54% from the field, Ball 37% I rest my case...
Old 05-11-18, 01:57 PM
All World

So is the Cavs/ Celtics the JV championship and the Warriors/ Rockets the Varsity championship?
Old 05-11-18, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Simmons shot 54% from the field, Ball 37% I rest my case...
Clint Capela must be the best player in the league then.
Old 05-11-18, 02:12 PM
All World

Quote:
So is the Cavs/ Celtics the JV championship and the Warriors/ Rockets the Varsity championship?
No, all four teams play in the NBA, a professional league. This isn't high school.
Old 05-11-18, 02:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Clint Capela must be the best player in the league then.
Capela had .09 assists per game, Simmons 8.2.
Old 05-11-18, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Why pass it when you make it 70% of the time? Heíd only be passing to an inferior player.
Old 05-11-18, 06:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah, don't really buy either. But I did enjoy the bit about last year's playoff match up against Toronto and the Kyrie pre-LeBron era.

Toronto, according to David Griffin:
"There's no play that you;ll run against LeBron that he can't name. In 2017 vs Toronto he told Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play the Raptors called out of the time out. He said 'No Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pick for Demar.'"

Pre-Lebron Kyrie Era, according to David Griffin:
"Kyrie had recruited a lot of guys to build a team around him and even got commitments from Gordon Hayward, Trevor Ariza, and other guys who were waiting on LeBron's decision."

I think Hayward was a RFA so Utah would have matched but still interesting. IIRC, that is one thing LeBron didn't do in his first stint in Cleveland. He didn't, and I think refused to when asked, to recruit players to come. He felt that was the GMs job. Makes me wonder if that was part of Kyrie's frustration. He thought he was going into 2014-15 season as the guy, with a team built around him. Then LeBron comes and all that changes.
I always guessed that he had to be frustrated by first having his college career cut short and then briefly being the focus when drafted by the Cavs, suffering through dreck line-ups and bad draft picks in hopes of improvement, only to become instant-second-banana when the King returned.

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-new...ade-from-cavs/

Quote:
“I kind of want to put that to rest in terms of everyone figuring out or trying to continue to dive into a narrative they have no idea about and probably will never, ever be divulged because it’s not important,” Irving said. “This was literally just a decision I wanted to make solely based on my happiness and pushing my career forward. I don’t want to pinpoint anything, I will never pinpoint anything because that’s not what real grown-ups do. They continue to move on with their life and continue to progress and that’s what I’m going to continue to do.”
I give him credit for never really coming out and saying it, but I think everyone knew it was LeBron's shadow and as such, his threat to have knee surgery and sit out 17/18 was very believable.

It was also said that he vetoed two other trades before Boston with the same threat of knee surgery. Altman had to get value back for him, and the Nets pick was possibly the only real option.
Old 05-17-18, 09:17 AM
All World

Now we have a series! The Rockets looked great last night evening the series with the Warriors 1-1. The Warriors do have home court, but the Rockets showed that they have the firepower to hang with Golden State.
Old 05-17-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They do have the same range.