Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
La Salle by 17+ 2 2.30%
La Salle by 8-16 3 3.45%
La Salle by 1-7 31 35.63%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 19.54%
Winton Woods by 8-16 26 29.89%
Winton Woods by 17+ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-17, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
#DonDancingRon
Old 11-16-17, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
You guys aren't going to let me just quietly step off.
Old 11-16-17, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

Seriously...when you have to resort to bragging about how much you make and how great your life is, it probably is best to retire from Yappi.
Old 11-16-17, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Seriously...when you have to resort to bragging about how much you make and how great your life is, it probably is best to retire from Yappi.
I figured it would be irritating to you. Obviously I struck a nerve. There's a culture in this country where a segment hates to see successful people of color. I've felt that undercurrent when it comes to Winton Woods and some others.
Old 11-16-17, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I figured it would be irritating to you. Obviously I struck a nerve. There's a culture in this country where a segment hates to see successful people of color. I've felt that undercurrent when it comes to Winton Woods and some others.
And there's an even bigger, younger segment who don't give a flying f.
Old 11-16-17, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
And there's an even bigger, younger segment who don't give a flying f.
I hope you are right.
Old 11-16-17, 03:40 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Extra Point, I hope you are going to the game supporting our Lancers because of your handle on Yappi. We missed our first extra point attempt last week. Winton Woods lost to Elder because of a missed extra point. We need you at the game to make sure we make all of our extra points and Da Woods misses a few.

Last edited by Lancermania; 11-16-17 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 04:09 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Parking at Withrow:

On Campus lots open at 5:00 p.m.
All traffic must enter campus off Dana.
All vehicles will be charged $3.00.
Shuttles between P.F. Chang and Gap from Rockwood to the stadium begin at 5:30 p.m.
Shuttles will pick up/drop off on Madison and will not enter the stadium.

Last edited by Lancermania; 11-16-17 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 04:19 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Seating at Withrow:

As the designated home team, Lancer fans will occupy the sideline grandstand behind the Lancers bench, nearest the stadium entrance. Winton Woods fans will sit farther down away from the entrance toward the "J". Stadium seating view is here:

http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Ch...%20Stadium.jpg

Last edited by Lancermania; 11-16-17 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 06:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Old 11-16-17, 06:37 PM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Seating at Withrow:

As the designated home team, Lancer fans will occupy the sideline grandstand behind the Lancers bench, nearest the stadium entrance. Winton Woods fans will sit farther down away from the entrance toward the "J". Stadium seating view is here:

http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Ch...%20Stadium.jpg
You Lancers are really serious about this stadium seating/parking thing? Parking isn't the greatest, but I'd walk through Hyde Park before crossing through the corner of Crack Alley and Meth Lane behind Elder. Damn.
Old 11-16-17, 06:42 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Then pay $5. Only $2 more than withrow and get a garage space at seton with police and security cameras. Or are you not smart enough to find your way into that?????? Damn
Old 11-16-17, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
You guys aren't going to let me just quietly step off.
Uh Woods loses 20 seniors, 15 starters and is looking at 3-7 next season. UH a D1 running back and almost nothing else coming back. Uh a great time to "step off."
Old 11-16-17, 08:35 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Parking at Withrow:

On Campus lots open at 5:00 p.m.
All traffic must enter campus off Dana.
All vehicles will be charged $3.00.
Shuttles between P.F. Chang and Gap from Rockwood to the stadium begin at 5:30 p.m.
Shuttles will pick up/drop off on Madison and will not enter the stadium.
Shuttle??? Sounds like the Lasalle folks want no parts of parking around Withrow
Old 11-16-17, 08:42 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Shuttle??? Sounds like the Lasalle folks want no parts of parking around Withrow
Its being offered by Withrow.
Old 11-16-17, 08:45 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I'm just trying to provide information. I won't be using the shuttle bus. I used to make deliveries to all of Hyde Park, so I personally know where to go to park. Btw, the shuttle buses are for Winton Woods fans also, not just La Salle fans.
Old 11-16-17, 09:01 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancers are out practicing now to get their bodies, minds, and emotions in sync to play at this time tomorrow night
Old 11-16-17, 09:18 PM
All American

Quote:
I'm just trying to provide information. I won't be using the shuttle bus. I used to make deliveries to all of Hyde Park, so I personally know where to go to park. Btw, the shuttle buses are for Winton Woods fans also, not just La Salle fans.
Thanks for the info, my apology to the Lasalle faithful for talking junk about the parking.
Old 11-16-17, 09:55 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
This thread is the worst big game thread ever lol.
What a snoozer.
Proof that there is not much left to but settle it once and for all.
Old 11-16-17, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lancers are out practicing now to get their bodies, minds, and emotions in sync to play at this time tomorrow night
Way to find an edge! Business as usual for the Warriors. Same easy Thursday practice need by a team dinner.
Old 11-16-17, 10:53 PM
All American

I wonder if Lasalle will be forced to get out of it's base defense.
Old 11-16-17, 11:08 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
If elder could score 35 then I LaSalle will put up points and match WW. This will enable them to okay their defense
Old 11-17-17, 12:30 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
This thread is the worst big game thread ever lol.
What a snoozer.
Proof that there is not much left to but settle it once and for all.
Funny you call this a big game. DII is the minor leagues according to DI posters.
Old 11-17-17, 01:07 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Winton Woods has a big load to carry. This is a referendum on what Winton Woods is doing to try to counter the so called advantage private schools hold in their open school enrollment policies. Winton Woods counters this by allowing their school to have state wide open enrollment not just enrollment within their school district or enrollment with adjacent school districts. We have been told by fish that Winton Woods has more out of district students than any other public school in Ohio save for Glendale in Cleveland. Winton Woods is carrying the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of all public schools in Ohio that they can compete with the privates if they follow the privates policy of open enrollment.

In this regard, Winton Woods is a test case to see if their blueprint works and can they compete against the top private schools in their enrollment bracket. Over recent years, Winton Woods has played most of the top private schools in the state save for the privates with enrollments at or above 1,000 such as St. Xavier, St. Ignatius, and St. Edward. WW has played and beaten Elder, La Salle, Moeller, Bishop Chatard, Canton Central Catholic, St. Francis DeSales, St. Vincent-St. Mary, and Bishop Watterson.

Winton Woods is now poised to knock out a DII 17 game playoff winner and three time consecutive state champion (2014, 2015, 2016) in La Salle. They could then possibly face a 14 game playoff winner and two time consecutive state champion (DIII 2015 and 2016) in the DII finals in Archbishop Hoban. If successful and I like their chances, Winton Woods would debunk the hypothesis held by many public schools that we need separate tournaments for the public schools and the private schools. This game has more meaning to it than just winning a regional championship whether Winton Woods wants take on that responsibility or not. In this regard they are playing for all the public schools in DII to set the template on how to beat the privates at their own policy of open enrollment and erase that advantage that they hold over the public schools in Ohio.

Last edited by Lancermania; 11-17-17 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 07:12 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Winton Woods has a big load to carry. This is a referendum on what Winton Woods is doing to try to counter the so called advantage private schools hold in their open school enrollment policies. Winton Woods counters this by allowing their school to have state wide open enrollment not just enrollment within their school district or enrollment with adjacent school districts. We have been told by fish that Winton Woods has more out of district students than any other public school in Ohio save for Glendale in Cleveland. Winton Woods is carrying the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of all public schools in Ohio that they can compete with the privates if they follow the privates policy of open enrollment.

In this regard, Winton Woods is a test case to see if their blueprint works and can they compete against the top private schools in their enrollment bracket. Over recent years, Winton Woods has played most of the top private schools in the state save for the privates with enrollments at or above 1,000 such as St. Xavier, St. Ignatius, and St. Edward. WW has played and beaten Elder, La Salle, Moeller, Bishop Chatard, Canton Central Catholic, St. Francis DeSales, St. Vincent-St. Mary, Bishop Watterson, and Jonathan Alter.

Winton Woods is now poised to knock out a DII 17 game playoff winner and three time consecutive state champion (2014, 2015, 2016) in La Salle. They could then possibly face a 14 game playoff winner and two time consecutive state champion (DIII 2015 and 2016) in the DII finals in Archbishop Hoban. If successful and I like their chances, Winton Woods would debunk the hypothesis held by many public schools that we need separate tournaments for the public schools and the private schools. This game has more meaning to it than just winning a regional championship whether Winton Woods wants take on that responsibility or not. In this regard they are playing for all the public schools in DII to set the template on how to beat the privates at their own policy of open enrollment and erase that advantage that they hold over the public schools in Ohio.
Pure toss up here, but reading through this I can't help but wonder who Jonathan Alter is. I'm sure WW hasn't played Archbishop Alter recently, if at all, and Jonathan Alder is public.
Old 11-17-17, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

In this regard, Winton Woods is a test case to see if their blueprint works and can they compete against the top private schools in their enrollment bracket. Over recent years, Winton Woods has played most of the top private schools in the state save for the privates with enrollments at or above 1,000 such as St. Xavier, St. Ignatius, and St. Edward. WW has played and beaten Elder, La Salle, Moeller, Bishop Chatard, Canton Central Catholic, St. Francis DeSales, St. Vincent-St. Mary, Bishop Watterson, and Jonathan Alter.

R5 -- Hoban (private) vs Barberton (open enrollment public)
R6 -- Avon (closed enrollment public) vs Olmsted Falls (closed enrollment public)
R7 -- Massillon (open enrollment public) vs New Albany (closed enrollment public)
R8 -- LaSalle (private) vs Winton Woods (open enrollment public)

3 open enrollment publics
3 closed enrollment publics
2 privates

Pretty much a mixed bag left in D2.
Old 11-17-17, 08:36 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancermania View Post
seating at withrow:

As the designated home team, lancer fans will occupy the sideline grandstand behind the lancers bench, nearest the stadium entrance. Winton woods fans will sit farther down away from the entrance toward the "j". Stadium seating view is here:

http://www.swotccca.com/documents/ch...%20stadium.jpg
quid nunc mr. Simpson?
Old 11-17-17, 08:47 AM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Extra Point, I hope you are going to the game supporting our Lancers because of your handle on Yappi. We missed our first extra point attempt last week. Winton Woods lost to Elder because of a missed extra point. We need you at the game to make sure we make all of our extra points and Da Woods misses a few.
I will be there Lancerman to mind-melt my expertise with the LaSalle kicker and to put a mojo hex on the Winton Woods kicker.

Although my handle is witty and original (haha) I did kick for the Lancers waaaaay back in the day on grass cow pastures and mud.,,,,,

Get this done Lancers.....Send DMR into a long, cold winter........
Old 11-17-17, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:

In this regard, Winton Woods is a test case to see if their blueprint works and can they compete against the top private schools in their enrollment bracket. Over recent years, Winton Woods has played most of the top private schools in the state save for the privates with enrollments at or above 1,000 such as St. Xavier, St. Ignatius, and St. Edward. WW has played and beaten Elder, La Salle, Moeller, Bishop Chatard, Canton Central Catholic, St. Francis DeSales, St. Vincent-St. Mary, and Bishop Watterson.

Very interesting read. Also very iinformative. But most school officials and coaches at WW aren'tworried about separating pubic and private schools. The sysrem is what it is sl they deal with it. The BIGGEST concern in sports for the WW District is being a independant.. With WW being d 2, helps out tremendously with the competitive balance. At WW, it's hard to get into the playoffs because of the tough schedule. Once in, they feel like they have a chance to win it.
Old 11-17-17, 08:54 AM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And if WW can catch a couple breaks and win? What do you predict I will do?
Crow like never before....with a subtle mix of this being an example of people of color working in harmony to overcome the barriers that are erected by the hands of the man......