Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-18, 08:17 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Ohio Track Sizes

After an exhaustive review of facilities from various websites, I've put together the following compilation in response to another thread;


Current Facilities In Use (Hosts Meets)

Total: 21 + 2 others underway or in planning
Standard Size (200m): 17 +1 in planning
Oversized (> 200m): 3 + 1 underway


Breakdown by Affiliation

Affiliation School Conference Size # lanes Type Material / Info
NCAA Div. I University of Cincinnati American Athletic Conference 175m 4 lane Flat Practice Only
NCAA Div. I University of Dayton Atlantic 10 Conference NONE
NCAA Div. I Xavier University Big East Conference NONE
NCAA Div. I The Ohio State University Big 10 Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. I Cleveland State University Horizon League NONE
NCAA Div. I Wright State University Horizon League NONE
NCAA Div. I Youngstown State University Horizon League 300m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. I University of Akron Mid-American 300m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. I Bowling Green State University Mid-American 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. I Kent State University Mid-American 292m 6 lane Flat Mondo FTX
NCAA Div. I Miami University Mid-American NONE
NCAA Div. I Ohio University Mid-American 316m 4 lane Flat Practice Only
NCAA Div. I University of Toledo Mid-American NONE

NCAA Div. II Ashland University Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference ? Practice Only
NCAA Div. II Tiffin University Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. II Cedarville University Great Midwest Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Flat Connor ProTraxx
NCAA Div. II University of Findlay Great Midwest Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. II Lake Erie College Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Malone University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Ohio Dominican University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Ursuline College Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Walsh University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Notre Dame College Mountain East Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Urbana University Mountain East Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NCAA Div. II Central State University Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference NONE

NCAA Div. III Franciscan University of Steubenville Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Bluffton University Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Defiance College Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Mount St. Joseph University Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Denison University North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Hiram College North Coast Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NCAA Div. III Kenyon College North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III Oberlin College North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Ohio Wesleyan University North Coast Athletic Conference 200m ? 4 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Wittenberg University North Coast Athletic Conference NONE * - 300m 6 lane Flat UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NCAA Div. III College of Wooster North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Baldwin-Wallace University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Capital University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat SRI Sports Floor
NCAA Div. III Heidelberg University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III John Carroll University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Marietta College Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III University of Mount Union Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Muskingum University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Ohio Northern University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Otterbein University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III Wilmington College Ohio Athletic Conference NONE * - 200m 8 lane Flat SLATED FOR CONSTRUCTION 2018-19
NCAA Div. III Case Western Reserve University University Athletic Association 200m 6 lane Flat

NAIA Wilberforce University Association of Independent Instittutions DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NAIA Mount Vernon Nazarene University Crossroads League NONE
NAIA Shawnee State University Mid-South Conference NONE
NAIA Cincinnati Christian University River States Conference NONE
NAIA Ohio Christian University River States Conference NONE
NAIA University of Rio Grande River States Conference NONE
NAIA Lourdes University Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NAIA University of Northwestern Ohio Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD

USCAA University of Cincinnati Clermont College Ohio Collegiate Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
USCAA Southern State Community College Ohio Collegiate Athletic Conference NO SPORTS PROGRAMS

INDEPENDENT SPIRE Institute 300m 8 – lane Flat

If anyone see another facility that is not listed here, please chime in.

Last edited by JAVMAN83; 03-06-18 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-06-18, 09:03 PM
galesxc galesxc is online now
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-18-10
Posts: 82
galesxc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
After an exhaustive review of facilities from various websites, I've put together the following compilation in response to another thread;


Current Facilities In Use (Hosts Meets)

Total: 21 + 2 others underway or in planning
Standard Size (200m): 17 +1 in planning
Oversized (> 200m): 3 + 1 underway


Breakdown by Affiliation

Affiliation School Conference Size # lanes Type Material / Info
NCAA Div. I University of Cincinnati American Athletic Conference 175m 4 lane Flat Practice Only
NCAA Div. I University of Dayton Atlantic 10 Conference NONE
NCAA Div. I Xavier University Big East Conference NONE
NCAA Div. I The Ohio State University Big 10 Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. I Cleveland State University Horizon League NONE
NCAA Div. I Wright State University Horizon League NONE
NCAA Div. I Youngstown State University Horizon League 300m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. I University of Akron Mid-American 300m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. I Bowling Green State University Mid-American 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. I Kent State University Mid-American 292m 6 lane Flat Mondo FTX
NCAA Div. I Miami University Mid-American NONE
NCAA Div. I Ohio University Mid-American 316m 4 lane Flat Practice Only
NCAA Div. I University of Toledo Mid-American NONE

NCAA Div. II Ashland University Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference ? Practice Only
NCAA Div. II Tiffin University Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. II Cedarville University Great Midwest Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Flat Connor ProTraxx
NCAA Div. II University of Findlay Great Midwest Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. II Lake Erie College Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Malone University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Ohio Dominican University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Ursuline College Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Walsh University Great Midwest Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Notre Dame College Mountain East Conference NONE
NCAA Div. II Urbana University Mountain East Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NCAA Div. II Central State University Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference NONE

NCAA Div. III Franciscan University of Steubenville Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Bluffton University Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Defiance College Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Mount St. Joseph University Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Denison University North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Hiram College North Coast Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NCAA Div. III Kenyon College North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III Oberlin College North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Ohio Wesleyan University North Coast Athletic Conference 200m ? 4 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Wittenberg University North Coast Athletic Conference NONE * - 300m 6 lane Flat UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NCAA Div. III College of Wooster North Coast Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Baldwin-Wallace University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Capital University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat SRI Sports Floor
NCAA Div. III Heidelberg University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III John Carroll University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Marietta College Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III University of Mount Union Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat
NCAA Div. III Muskingum University Ohio Athletic Conference NONE
NCAA Div. III Ohio Northern University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo
NCAA Div. III Otterbein University Ohio Athletic Conference 200m 6 lane Flat Mondo Super-X
NCAA Div. III Wilmington College Ohio Athletic Conference NONE * - 200m 6 lane Flat SLATED FOR CONSTRUCTION 2018-19
NCAA Div. III Case Western Reserve University University Athletic Association 200m 6 lane Flat

NAIA Wilberforce University Association of Independent Instittutions DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NAIA Mount Vernon Nazarene University Crossroads League NONE
NAIA Shawnee State University Mid-South Conference NONE
NAIA Cincinnati Christian University River States Conference NONE
NAIA Ohio Christian University River States Conference NONE
NAIA University of Rio Grande River States Conference NONE
NAIA Lourdes University Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
NAIA University of Northwestern Ohio Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD

USCAA University of Cincinnati Clermont College Ohio Collegiate Athletic Conference DOES NOT SPONSOR TRACK & FIELD
USCAA Southern State Community College Ohio Collegiate Athletic Conference NO SPORTS PROGRAMS

INDEPENDENT SPIRE Institute 300m 8 lane Flat

If anyone see another facility that is not listed here, please chime in.

Going way back here, but I recall the Ashland track was 160M, banked and (maybe) boards in the late 70's. ...have been there recently and the track still exists, coated with some type of "rubberized" surface. No longer suitable for competition.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-18, 09:10 PM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Miami university had a wooden banked track back in the late 80's. Ran a race on it. It couldn't have been 200.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-18, 09:16 PM
Finishtiming Finishtiming is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 391
Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Bowling green is mondo surface.
Wilmington will be 200 - 8 lanes
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-18, 09:21 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finishtiming View Post
Bowling green is mondo surface.
Wilmington will be 200 - 8 lanes
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-18, 09:22 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Miami university had a wooden banked track back in the late 80's. Ran a race on it. It couldn't have been 200.
I vaguely recall it...in Millet Hall?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-18, 10:37 PM
KevinL KevinL is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-18-15
Posts: 129
KevinL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by galesxc View Post
Going way back here, but I recall the Ashland track was 160M, banked and (maybe) boards in the late 70's. ...have been there recently and the track still exists, coated with some type of "rubberized" surface. No longer suitable for competition.
Ashland indoor track was 11 laps to the mile, banked, solid surface (not boards) except for one section where they took the bank out to create a flat straightaway (that finished out the garage door) to run the 55m dash.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-18, 11:21 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
Ashland indoor track was 11 laps to the mile, banked, solid surface (not boards) except for one section where they took the bank out to create a flat straightaway (that finished out the garage door) to run the 55m dash.
Not sure if its still there, but I have been told (recently) that they do have a practice facility, but not meet worthy anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-18, 12:44 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,458
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
11 laps to the mile. The 2 mile must be a blast on there...not. They couldn't pay me to run 2 miles around that thing, heck no. Much less a 5k. Id lose count of my lap number before I get through the 1st mile.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-18, 08:08 AM
ENA2 ENA2 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-06-16
Posts: 112
ENA2 is on a distinguished road
I didn't see: Div. III Mt. Union...200 meter flat, Mondo,
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-18, 08:13 AM
galesxc galesxc is online now
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-18-10
Posts: 82
galesxc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
Not sure if its still there, but I have been told (recently) that they do have a practice facility, but not meet worthy anymore.
Thanks for the clarification on Ashland... that's right, I remember the thump-thump-thump passing the garage door and the spot where the post was so close to the track that you would hit your shoulder if you weren't paying attention.

The track is still there... the pole vault for Ashland's late April outdoor meet was contested indoors twice in the last few years; we sat on the track to watch. It would not be suitable for competition.

11 laps to the mile was better than some places. It was 13 laps to the mile at Hobart Arena, on drywall sheets laid down on the floor/ice?. The cardboard facing on the drywall would rub off into little beads which accumulated in the corners... very slippery.

And then there was the fairgrounds building in Pittsburgh, with earth piled up at either end to create "kind-of" banking. Also 13 laps to the mile... 26 for the 2 for me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-07-18, 08:59 AM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
I vaguely recall it...in Millet Hall?
yes
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-07-18, 09:39 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,758
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
The City of Independence has the Indy Fieldhouse with a 6-lane 200 meter track. The surface is rubberized though I am not sure if it is a Mondo product. They do host a small high school meet.

The Village of Mayfield has a rec center at Mayfield High School. It has been renovated and primarily serves as a rec center for residents of Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Mayfield Village. There is a 4 lane track that is something like 1/10 or 1/11 to the mile. The track is for recreational purposes only and not competition.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-18, 10:16 AM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENA2 View Post
I didn't see: Div. III Mt. Union...200 meter flat, Mondo,
It's in there...University of Mount Union...about 3/4 way down the DIII list.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-18, 10:24 AM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
The City of Independence has the Indy Fieldhouse with a 6-lane 200 meter track. The surface is rubberized though I am not sure if it is a Mondo product. They do host a small high school meet.

The Village of Mayfield has a rec center at Mayfield High School. It has been renovated and primarily serves as a rec center for residents of Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Mayfield Village. There is a 4 lane track that is something like 1/10 or 1/11 to the mile. The track is for recreational purposes only and not competition.
Thanks for the info. I just looked at the facility details online; however, I don't think I'll included it in the list above as the above list is targeted towards larger meets, and the surface of that Indy facility would never hold up to spikes. The floor reminds me of the old Denison facility, except Denison's was an inky-dinky 133m/lap as I recall...barely enough for the pole vault back in the day!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-18, 11:57 AM
panott panott is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-23-07
Posts: 464
panott is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
Thanks for the info. I just looked at the facility details online; however, I don't think I'll included it in the list above as the above list is targeted towards larger meets, and the surface of that Indy facility would never hold up to spikes. The floor reminds me of the old Denison facility, except Denison's was an inky-dinky 133m/lap as I recall...barely enough for the pole vault back in the day!
Denison's track was dirt until 1974. It was one of the only indoor tracks around and the OAC was there every year. They would water it down a couple times every meet to try to cut down on the dust.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-18, 12:03 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by panott View Post
Denison's track was dirt until 1974. It was one of the only indoor tracks around and the OAC was there every year. They would water it down a couple times every meet to try to cut down on the dust.
Glad that was before my time. I competed on it when they had the rubberized surface...no spikes allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-18, 12:14 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by panott View Post
Denison's track was dirt until 1974. It was one of the only indoor tracks around and the OAC was there every year. They would water it down a couple times every meet to try to cut down on the dust.
I grew up in Granville and watched a bunch of track meets there on the dirt floor at Denison in the 70s as a kid. Ran on the synthetic 133 m surface in the early to mid 80s as a high school athlete and mid to late 80s as a collegiate athlete. I remember run4life telling me to make sure to count laps (22.5) correctly for my first 3000. One of my college teammates called it "the teacup." I always liked that they rolled up the garage door for the short sprinters so they could run out of the field house when they decelerated.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-07-18, 06:24 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
I grew up in Granville and watched a bunch of track meets there on the dirt floor at Denison in the 70s as a kid. Ran on the synthetic 133 m surface in the early to mid 80s as a high school athlete and mid to late 80s as a collegiate athlete. I remember run4life telling me to make sure to count laps (22.5) correctly for my first 3000. One of my college teammates called it "the teacup." I always liked that they rolled up the garage door for the short sprinters so they could run out of the field house when they decelerated.
I remember the pole vault runway being maybe 100' before you were back onto the turn due to how short the track was.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-07-18, 06:33 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
I remember the pole vault runway being maybe 100' before you were back onto the turn due to how short the track was.
Yeah, there was not a lot of space.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-08-18, 03:37 AM
peebles peebles is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-09
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 561
peebles is on a distinguished road
A bit off topic, but thought y'all might find it interesting that our old junior high had a 75yd wooden track elevated above the basketball court. It was banked and was basically one continuous curve. If I remember correctly, you had maybe two or three strides of straight and then had to start leaning again. 440 was just under six laps and mile was just over 23. Talk about getting dizzy! 150 meters would have been nirvana to us.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-08-18, 03:43 AM
peebles peebles is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-09
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 561
peebles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
I grew up in Granville and watched a bunch of track meets there on the dirt floor at Denison in the 70s as a kid. Ran on the synthetic 133 m surface in the early to mid 80s as a high school athlete and mid to late 80s as a collegiate athlete. I remember run4life telling me to make sure to count laps (22.5) correctly for my first 3000. One of my college teammates called it "the teacup." I always liked that they rolled up the garage door for the short sprinters so they could run out of the field house when they decelerated.
I remember running on that dirt track when we went to Denison for an FCA camp just before my senior year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-08-18, 07:59 AM
starcatcher8 starcatcher8 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-09-10
Posts: 118
starcatcher8 is on a distinguished road
Crazy indoor tracks on which yappi readers has competed

I ran at college out-of-state in the early 70s. At that time our indoor facility had a track that we thought was "state of the art." It had a worn-out astroturf surface. It was 12 laps to the mile and was only three lanes wide. Off to the side was a 6 lane straight for the short sprint events. Even the distance runners felt sorry for the guys running the 440 yard dash. Anyone in lane one would slide into the outer two lanes on the curves. We had a national champ in the indoor 440 who for some unexplained reason could lean his body at a crazy angle and hold the turns running in lane one. After the first lap of the 440 the outside runners would cut in and run in lane one the rest of the way for the final two laps. I remember watching a runner veer into a spectator who was watching from outside of lane three. As hard as that event was, none of the 440 runners would have wanted to run the two mile (24 laps). Oh, all of this took place at 7560 feet above sea level.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-08-18, 12:57 PM
tmk tmk is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-07-11
Posts: 113
tmk is on a distinguished road
JAVMAN83-

I would throw in that there are several high schools around the state that have indoor tracks - most notably the 200m Mondo track Wooster High School has - yet never use them for competition. Perry (150m), Twinsburg... also Lorain County Community College has a 200m track upstairs that was used once for a meet in the 90's (hurdles and 60m were downstairs).

I also remember racing on Denison's 133m track in HS and college... and their kids trying to ride you into the jump pit that always seemed to stick out into lane one.

Which was better than the Kenyon kids edging you towards the 4 I beams on the inside of their old track...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-08-18, 07:46 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,419
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmk View Post
JAVMAN83-

I would throw in that there are several high schools around the state that have indoor tracks - most notably the 200m Mondo track Wooster High School has - yet never use them for competition. Perry (150m), Twinsburg... also Lorain County Community College has a 200m track upstairs that was used once for a meet in the 90's (hurdles and 60m were downstairs).

I also remember racing on Denison's 133m track in HS and college... and their kids trying to ride you into the jump pit that always seemed to stick out into lane one.

Which was better than the Kenyon kids edging you towards the 4 I beams on the inside of their old track...
This is great information, but not for the list above. I compare the information you cite as comparable to the indoor "track" that was used at the Univ. of Tennessee years ago. Yeah, it functioned as a facility for meets, but given it was a basketball arena primarily and the 55yd dash was run diagonally in the middle of the field, I don't compare it to the facilities listed above. The purpose of the list above is to provide a breakdown of 200m & >200m facilities that are commonly used today in Ohio and those universities/colleges that don't have a functioning track. It is not an inclusive list of all facilities that might have some configuration of a track. You are certainly welcome to list what I consider to be ancillary facilities in this thread, however.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association to Welcome Brown, Harrison and Juniewicz to HOF Yappi Football 0 02-01-18 02:30 PM
Ironman bdhof Wrestling 120 12-11-17 09:15 PM
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz