Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-02-18, 08:56 AM
All District

claynation is on a distinguished road
Disappointed that Kreft and Johnson are ducking each other at the OATCCC meet.

That is all. Would have liked to see both attempt a 1600/3200 double, or a Showcase rematch in the 3200. To be fair, this feels more like Johnson ducking Kreft than vice versa.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-18, 09:03 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Its March for one.

Also I doubt they planned it
Old 03-02-18, 09:04 AM
Freshman

OhioXC17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by claynation View Post
To be fair, this feels more like Johnson ducking Kreft than vice versa.
Kreft is listed on Buckeye Valley’s 4x8 and it’s difficult to double with that and the mile at Indoor states with the short time between the events. I definitely would’ve liked to see them finally go head to head at a state championship but team comes first.
Old 03-02-18, 09:47 AM
Freshman

Gwfrick21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by claynation View Post
That is all. Would have liked to see both attempt a 1600/3200 double, or a Showcase rematch in the 3200. To be fair, this feels more like Johnson ducking Kreft than vice versa.

I disagree. Chad had announced his intentions of running the 16 on Twitter in early January. I believe Kreft could do the 4x8, 16, and 32 triple and WIN the 16 and 32 also. I think it's possible.

Either way, I don't think either are ducking each other. Just how it turned out. However, Johnson knew what he wanted to do ahead of time. Kreft didn't make an impact on his decision. Kreft was the one who didn't run against Johnson.

Last edited by Gwfrick21; 03-02-18 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Error
Old 03-02-18, 10:52 AM
Varsity

galesxc is on a distinguished road
Come on guys, this kind of talk is unproductive at best. Both are super athletes and (from what I've seen) very confident in their abilities. I've seen them race each other... I've seen Kreft dual Horter, and win! I don't know either personally, but I would be very surprised if either was "ducking" the other.

Further, why in the world should we expect either to triple, in March, on a schedule where athletes have ~45min from the end of the 4x8 to the 1600M gun; then ~1:20 from The end of the end of the 1600M to start of the 3200M; especially in a setting where recovery is even more difficult as the guys are staged and then stand on the podium, eating into the already short recovery time we allow them.

Of greater concern is why we run the 4x8 out of order in the indoor championship... I suppose it's designed to give the sprinters more rest... but the order is wrong and clearly influences the competitiveness of the championship.

If you want to know why we can't even fill the 1600; can't get 24 of the top 40 guys to commit... if you want to know why a few more guys will typically scratch after running the 4x8... if you want to know why some teams will substitute significantly in their 4x8s, reducing the competition in this event, you only need to look at the placement of the 4x8 in the schedule.
Old 03-02-18, 08:08 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Agreed. The schedule forced me to choose between a team that might score with our best runner and his chance to run a fast 1600.