Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-27-18, 09:31 AM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,029
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan1969 View Post
With 24 hurdlers. How many qualify to finals on a ten lane track. I can't find that information anywhere. I would think they do three heats of eight, leave lane 1 and ten open of hurdles, and qualify top two in each heat, then the next two fastest times. That gives you a eight person final. But they do have a ten lane track. Anybody know if this is what is happening. I can't find prelim qualifying information anywhere.
A lot of missing information for this state meet in 2018.

Heats--what order....

What about the infamous red line on Milesplit? In years past, if you entered into an event and the limit was reached then if your athlete was passed that limit you would be infamously crossed off. I see no such line this year...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 02-27-18, 09:59 AM
ENA2 ENA2 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-06-16
Posts: 112
ENA2 is on a distinguished road
I would think the top 10 times in the semis of the 60 and 60 Hurdles will move to the finals...coming from 3 heats of 8. Last year it was just on times and that's how most indoor meet are set up.... ones at the spire have 10 in the finals
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-27-18, 01:03 PM
Spartan1969 Spartan1969 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Posts: 17
Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
Does it shock anyone that we have no idea the week of a Championship what the perameters are for said such meet. Feels like Ohio, LOL. I know it doesn't seem like it should matter, that the kids should run fast no matter what the rules, but as a coach I can tell you it eats away bit by bit at confidence. The not knowing dummies down the importance of the event at hand. Hoping somebody ends up knowing for sure and posting on here.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-27-18, 09:53 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,029
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
40

Anyone else wonder where and how they say the top 24 must come from the top 40? Where did they get 40?

Anyone else able to enter kids beyond the top 40 list? I was able to enter a boy 1600 runner that ran 4:58. In years past it was declined.

40? Why 40? Why not just the top 24 marks entered?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-27-18, 10:44 PM
Finishtiming Finishtiming is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 391
Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
Anyone else wonder where and how they say the top 24 must come from the top 40? Where did they get 40?

Anyone else able to enter kids beyond the top 40 list? I was able to enter a boy 1600 runner that ran 4:58. In years past it was declined.

40? Why 40? Why not just the top 24 marks entered?
They are SUPPOSED to allow the top 40 to enter as that will allow them to get the top 24 since not all will actually enter. there may be kids in the top 40 of lets say the 1600 but they may also be in the 3200 and the 800 but they are most likely not going to run all 3 so if they allow the top 40 to enter then it is more likely they will get a top 24. We have always had problems in the past filling a few events when taking the top 16 from the top 35 allowed to enter. I used to go in and decline those as it hit the limits. I am guessing that no one listened to me when I told them the process when I found out it was moving to the new location and I would no longer be helping this process.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-28-18, 07:59 AM
bgtri11 bgtri11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-08
Posts: 113
bgtri11 is on a distinguished road
When is the list of qualifiers going to be posted or am I am missing something? Am I the only one wishing finishtiming was still involved with this?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-28-18, 08:34 AM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtri11 View Post
When is the list of qualifiers going to be posted or am I am missing something? Am I the only one wishing finishtiming was still involved with this?
Same.....someone on the computer system of delegations could have this done quickly. Same about Finishtiming.

I am sure that when the performance list comes out it will be posted at OATCCC.org or milesplit.

What timing group is doing the meet?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-28-18, 08:48 AM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,029
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtri11 View Post
When is the list of qualifiers going to be posted or am I am missing something? Am I the only one wishing finishtiming was still involved with this?
When it comes to making sane decisions in track you should not be questioning the ultimate authority...

The lowest bidder in timing is NOT the best...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-28-18, 08:56 AM
Gwfrick21 Gwfrick21 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-23-17
Posts: 7
Gwfrick21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Same.....someone on the computer system of delegations could have this done quickly. Same about Finishtiming.

I am sure that when the performance list comes out it will be posted at OATCCC.org or milesplit.

What timing group is doing the meet?
Lightning Timing, I believe. Majority of the events held at Spire uses it.

Last edited by Gwfrick21; 02-28-18 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-28-18, 09:18 AM
SOTT SOTT is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-06
Posts: 3,051
SOTT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtri11 View Post
When is the list of qualifiers going to be posted or am I am missing something? Am I the only one wishing finishtiming was still involved with this?
I wish both FinishTiming AND the University of Akron were still at the helm. I get it, Spire is a beautiful facility with an 8 lane track...but they seem to have proven time and again that they are inept and lacking in many other ways. I hope this doesn't prove to be true Saturday.

My guess is it was moved mainly because they can seat more people with the added "bonus" that they could also take 24 athletes; to me, that's not necessarily an added bonus. The 4x800 teams and 800 kids who are in the 13th-18th position and would have normally competed with all the faster kids are now "punished" because they are running two sections of those events and will be (based on what I've heard, I could be wrong) in the second section if they split them evenly: 12 and 12.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-28-18, 09:24 AM
Spartan1969 Spartan1969 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Posts: 17
Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
I just hope we find out sooner than later. I know its not important to them, but I need to schedule travel. I need a bus if everyone makes it, a car, if only an individual makes it. I also have parents and athletes who need to change their schedules accordingly. As I said, hopefully sooner than later. Tons to do!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-28-18, 10:56 AM
Seppo Kaitainen Seppo Kaitainen is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-10
Posts: 132
Seppo Kaitainen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTT View Post
The 4x800 teams and 800 kids who are in the 13th-18th position and would have normally competed with all the faster kids are now "punished" because they are running two sections of those events and will be (based on what I've heard, I could be wrong) in the second section if they split them evenly: 12 and 12.
Most years those kids weren't really going to "compete" with the faster kids anyway. I really like splitting the 800. I think we'll see two much better races because of it. If I had a choice to be 12th in the fast heat or first in the slow heat, I'd take the slow heat every time. Last year you had 16 or 17 kids all within a few seconds of each other trying to run in the exact same spot on a 6 lane track. Hopefully spreading things out leads to better racing conditions for the kids and less falls.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-28-18, 11:09 AM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwfrick21 View Post
Lightning Timing, I believe. Majority of the events held at Spire uses it.
do they have a website like finishtiming?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-28-18, 11:11 AM
Gwfrick21 Gwfrick21 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-23-17
Posts: 7
Gwfrick21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
do they have a website like finishtiming?
Somewhat. Not as fast in my opinion but still handy. If you look the website up, you can judge for yourself. In my opinion though, I like Finishtiming better
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-28-18, 11:24 AM
SOTT SOTT is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-06
Posts: 3,051
SOTT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppo Kaitainen View Post
Most years those kids weren't really going to "compete" with the faster kids anyway. I really like splitting the 800. I think we'll see two much better races because of it. If I had a choice to be 12th in the fast heat or first in the slow heat, I'd take the slow heat every time. Last year you had 16 or 17 kids all within a few seconds of each other trying to run in the exact same spot on a 6 lane track. Hopefully spreading things out leads to better racing conditions for the kids and less falls.
That may be true for the open 800, but definitely not in the 4x800. There are plenty of teams who have done enough to qualify but not with their absolute best team for one reason or another. Thus, they get put in a slower section when they would be better served in the faster. The big issue in the case of the 4x800 is that the information was never conveyed that there would be two sections. That should be upfront information at the beginning of the season so coaches can plan accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-28-18, 12:16 PM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
http://oh.milesplit.com/articles/234...rformance-list

DI is up
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-28-18, 12:30 PM
psycho_dad psycho_dad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-17-10
Posts: 2,971
psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
For Crying Out Loud!!! It just closed at 6pm last night and D1 is up and I'm sure D2/D3 will be up soon. You people are insane. OVER COACHING. OVER THINKING. OVER REACTING.

So, tell me how all of this would work for outdoor if we had qualifying standards? You all would be losing your minds.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-28-18, 01:30 PM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
For Crying Out Loud!!! It just closed at 6pm last night and D1 is up and I'm sure D2/D3 will be up soon. You people are insane. OVER COACHING. OVER THINKING. OVER REACTING.

So, tell me how all of this would work for outdoor if we had qualifying standards? You all would be losing your minds.
So an hour and 15 minutes later DII-III is not up.

Psycho,

I have rooms to reserve, checks from school that need cut if we are going, parent meeting to have, school vehicle to schedule..........Just stop your trolling. It is a major undertaking to get done on short notice when you have a 5 hour drive.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-28-18, 01:52 PM
SOTT SOTT is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-06
Posts: 3,051
SOTT is on a distinguished road
psychodad forgot that not everyone lives in Peninsula.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-28-18, 02:01 PM
bgtri11 bgtri11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-08
Posts: 113
bgtri11 is on a distinguished road
cccrunner 609..... You are 100% right. I could be wrong, but don't remember this being an issue with finishtiming in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-28-18, 02:07 PM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
http://lightningtiming.com/

here is the site........i will be flooding the phone line real soon if they dont get this up.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-28-18, 02:35 PM
ENA2 ENA2 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-06-16
Posts: 112
ENA2 is on a distinguished road
Finishtiming did a nice job in the past, but it was still Wednesday after school before I saw heat sheets. granted, I never had to worry about hotel and such as I am only 40 minutes from Akron U, but The timing for the heatsheets and for knowing if those "on the bubble" made it in, is not much different.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-28-18, 02:53 PM
SOTT SOTT is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-06
Posts: 3,051
SOTT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENA2 View Post
Finishtiming did a nice job in the past, but it was still Wednesday after school before I saw heat sheets. granted, I never had to worry about hotel and such as I am only 40 minutes from Akron U, but The timing for the heatsheets and for knowing if those "on the bubble" made it in, is not much different.
They would actually cross people off on Milesplit once it was determined that event was filled or enough people in front of them had declared their intent to race.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-28-18, 02:56 PM
Finishtiming Finishtiming is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 391
Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENA2 View Post
Finishtiming did a nice job in the past, but it was still Wednesday after school before I saw heat sheets. granted, I never had to worry about hotel and such as I am only 40 minutes from Akron U, but The timing for the heatsheets and for knowing if those "on the bubble" made it in, is not much different.
You may have seen heat sheets then but the accepted entries where online in real time on milesplit site as I would go thru and reject an entry outside the top 16 entered. Also as soon as it closed it was then posted for all to see as accepted entries. I had the full list of final entries and payment info for each team listed by 3pm along with heat sheets as we cannot post heat sheets until all accepted entries were posted for errors. Meet program was sent to printers by 10am so I know for a fact it was done and all entries were listed immediately after deadline as I would seed and actually have it done by the time I went to bed on tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-28-18, 04:07 PM
Spartan1969 Spartan1969 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Posts: 17
Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
My 4x800 was so close...got my other kids in...funny thing is my bill still shows the 4x800 being in the meet. Wishful thinking, and no, they will not be getting that 20 bucks, lol. Whoever Psycho is can't be a Head Coach. The amount of work that still needs to be done, and I only have a few, is pretty intense. The money, the busses, the parents, the other coaches, the food. Gotta get this all done quick, which Ad's just love. Psycho has to be an assistant at best. Such an angry person. Lol. Good Luck to all who made it, it should be a fun meet.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-01-18, 11:46 AM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,998
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Will we see heat sheets today?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-01-18, 12:15 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,458
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan1969 View Post
My 4x800 was so close...got my other kids in...funny thing is my bill still shows the 4x800 being in the meet. Wishful thinking, and no, they will not be getting that 20 bucks, lol. Whoever Psycho is can't be a Head Coach. The amount of work that still needs to be done, and I only have a few, is pretty intense. The money, the busses, the parents, the other coaches, the food. Gotta get this all done quick, which Ad's just love. Psycho has to be an assistant at best. Such an angry person. Lol. Good Luck to all who made it, it should be a fun meet.
I wish your Spartans the best of luck. I wish I could get more of my comets interested in indoor track, but alas, many of ours are too busy playing Basketball or Wrestling to be bothered with indoor track.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-01-18, 12:51 PM
Finishtiming Finishtiming is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 391
Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Will we see heat sheets today?
I saw them last night somewhere but I forget where. I think it was in a link on discussion boards on milesplit.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-01-18, 12:56 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,029
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Will we see heat sheets today?
http://oh.milesplit.com/articles/234...rformance-list

D2/D3 Came out yesterday afternoon.

You would think there would be something on OATCCC or emailed to the coaches for who was in and who was out.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-01-18, 01:04 PM
Finishtiming Finishtiming is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 391
Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
No he meant the actual heat sheets

http://lightningtiming.com/results/2.../meetprog2.pdf

http://lightningtiming.com/results/2.../meetprog1.pdf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perrysburg D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 1 11-17-17 02:02 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 9 09-03-17 05:38 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz