Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-17, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
And that Iowa beat-down is unforgivable. Never, ever should have happened. Better show against USC to get back some mojo heading into 2018.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-17, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Carman picks Clemson. I had wondered this whole time why the experts all expected him to choose OSU.
In general, most recruiting services think all 4/5* Ohio kids will end up at OSU. Just looking at some kids in the class of '19, about every Ohio kid is picked to end up at OSU.
Old 12-20-17, 01:38 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I know, but it was just dumb in his case. Every public comment/interview he had really indicated he was not leaning toward OSU.
Old 12-20-17, 01:38 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure Urban is thrilled with this: https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ive-recruiting
Old 12-20-17, 01:41 PM
All World

In brighter news, OSU did flip 4* WR Cameron Brown, teammate of commit Kamryn Babb.
Old 12-20-17, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
How stupid are Herbstriet and George? Or am I just reading that situation wrong?
Old 12-20-17, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I'm sure Urban is thrilled with this: https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ive-recruiting
Trust me when I tell you, tOSU is better off
Old 12-20-17, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This goes on all the time, with every major coach (including Urban) during recruiting battles. Carman erred in making it public.
Old 12-20-17, 07:02 PM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
How stupid are Herbstriet and George? Or am I just reading that situation wrong?
Blame coach Terwilliger for parading Parsons around them. As soon as he introduced all of them Herbie and George were in a no win situation with the rules.
Old 12-20-17, 09:15 PM
All World

Georgia has taken over the top spot, and that’s before Woodbey officially flips to FSU.
Old 12-20-17, 10:01 PM
All Yappi

I was thinking... Is there any rule that prevents kids from getting paid by these National Recruiting experts for inside info? They're not affiliated with the schools, or the NCAA. I'm sure there's something in place that prevents this, but interesting thought.
Old 12-21-17, 07:16 AM
All World

I was kind of wondering something similar yesterday, PBoy. How do these guys all find out a couple hours ahead of time which school the kid is going to pick?
Old 12-21-17, 07:59 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
A disappointing last month or so, but still a great class with a chance at Rasheed Walker, Tyreke Smith and probably a couple names that haven't been talked about much yet.
Old 12-21-17, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
A disappointing last month or so, but still a great class with a chance at Rasheed Walker, Tyreke Smith and probably a couple names that haven't been talked about much yet.
If they can pull in Walker and/or Petite-Frere and Tyreke Smith and/or Oweh, it would take the class back up to awesome.

I just pray that Urban allows Wilson to design the offense around Haskins strengths, and does not force him into the read option like he tried to do with Cardale. For some reason, itís never clicked in Urbanís brain that the best the offense has ever looked during his time at OSU was during the three game bonanza with Cardale running a basic pro style attack that culminated in a natty.

Unfortunately, with Martell there Urban will not scrap the Tebow offense and will probably ruin Haskins and then insert Martell to be the new Tebow/Braxton/JT.
Old 12-21-17, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I just pray that Urban allows Wilson to design the offense around Haskins strengths, and does not force him into the read option like he tried to do with Cardale. For some reason, itís never clicked in Urbanís brain that the best the offense has ever looked during his time at OSU was during the three game bonanza with Cardale running a basic pro style attack that culminated in a natty.

Unfortunately, with Martell there Urban will not scrap the Tebow offense and will probably ruin Haskins and then insert Martell to be the new Tebow/Braxton/JT.
I'm kind of pessimistic in this regard too. Hope we are wrong
Old 12-21-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see how Urban plays out this dust up with Dabo. Some national guys that are not fans of his are all giddy about him losing a lot of flips at the end of the early signing process and see this as possibly the beginning of the end for his dominance on the national recruiting trail. Next year will be a big transition year for tOSU and Urban on and off the field.
Old 12-21-17, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
It will be interesting to see how Urban plays out this dust up with Dabo. Some national guys that are not fans of his are all giddy about him losing a lot of flips at the end of the early signing process and see this as possibly the beginning of the end for his dominance on the national recruiting trail. Next year will be a big transition year for tOSU and Urban on and off the field.
He still might finish with the top class. I have no problem not getting Jones or Carman, as long as they can bring in one of the remaining elite OT’s. They look the part, while Carman looks like a sloppy fatazz. I can live with losing out on Woodbey, because he always seemed a long shot. It’s not landing either Cox or Parsons, or both, that stung. They must at least get Smith at DE, and if they also pull off Oweh or Friday too...the class will be back to awesome.
Old 12-21-17, 11:52 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Carman could be the next Orlando Pace, but he could also be a kid whose big mouth stands in the way of a meaningful college and pro career.
Old 12-21-17, 12:03 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Carman could be the next Orlando Pace, but he could also be a kid whose big mouth stands in the way of a meaningful college and pro career.
If this was the '90s Jackson could have this type of body at OT and be at an Orlando Pace type level>

But in the late 2010s read-option package Dabo runs do you honestly believe he could block this type of DE alone on the edge?

OT might be the toughest position to project to the next level in all of football. Could be wrong but I really could see Carman moving inside and being a decent Guard but a high level OT? Unless he gets more athletic that may be a stretch.
Old 12-21-17, 12:21 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
If they can pull in Walker and/or Petite-Frere and Tyreke Smith and/or Oweh, it would take the class back up to awesome.

Apparently the Buckeyes have moved in the lead with Smith, pulled even with Oweh and look good with Friday should either (or both) of those two go to PSU. Hopefully with losing out on Carman that bolsters OSU's pitch with any of Walker, PF and the other OT they are after. Can't think of his name but he's the longest shot of all.

Agreed with you and Bluth. Since Meyer seems too stubborn to totally change his offense, asking him to totally scrap it and let Wilson have free reign seems like a nonstarter. So I'm hoping he runs something more like he did with Leak/Tebow where it's a more pro/pass first offense with Haskins for the first 80 yards and incorporates special red zone packages with Tate.
Old 12-21-17, 02:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I was kind of wondering something similar yesterday, PBoy. How do these guys all find out a couple hours ahead of time which school the kid is going to pick?
If you're a top recruit and have a wide open recruitment, you could tip one or two of these guys off a week or so in advance of your "big" decisions, which usually are usually the following: cutting the list of choices to 8-10 schools, then to 3-4 where you take your OVs, and finally your selection. I bet a savvy recruit could squeeze a few grand out of these guys over the course of a 1.5-2 years.
Old 12-22-17, 03:06 PM
All World

Trevon Grimes transfers to Florida. Seems like he just got home sick or something when he left the team mid-year.

Dan Mullen is on a roll.
Old 12-22-17, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
If I'm a receiver I don't think I'd want to be on an Urban Meyer team
Old 12-22-17, 03:18 PM
All World

I’d feel the same way. I think it’s starting to show. Important year for Urban and the OSU offense next year.
Old 12-22-17, 04:29 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cabe won't send his home schooled kid to play QB for Meyer, and now Bluth won't play receiver for him. OSU might be in trouble.
Old 12-22-17, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Trevon Grimes transfers to Florida. Seems like he just got home sick or something when he left the team mid-year.

Dan Mullen is on a roll.
I read his mom has health issues.
Old 12-25-17, 06:51 AM
All Region

IronEagle82 is on a distinguished road
Grimes left at the midpoint of this season to be with his ill mother. His switching to a school closer to home is no surprise.
Old 12-26-17, 08:40 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
If I'm a receiver I don't think I'd want to be on an Urban Meyer team
Mike Thomas has 98 receptions for over 1150 yds. for the Saints this year. Thomas played for Urban Meyer.
Old 12-26-17, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Amari Cooper played for Nick Saban but that doesn’t mean Alabama is a particularly great place to hone one’s WR skills. Big time programs attract big time talent and sometimes the talent shows up in spite of the inherent weaknesses of the coaching staff and scheme. Percy Harvin would be another Meyer example.

If I’m a blue chip WR and I had the choice between Ohio State, Clemson, and Oklahoma, OSU would easily be #3 because the system there treats WRs as complimentary to a read-option running game. On the other hand, of I’m a big time RB or a mobile QB, I’m praying everyday OSU gives me a call.
Old 12-27-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Mike Thomas has 98 receptions for over 1150 yds. for the Saints this year. Thomas played for Urban Meyer.
Thomas also biatched that he was underused at OSU, and he was right.