Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-14-17, 07:51 AM
Junior Varsity

OHVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Canton McKinley O tackle leaving for IMG

Canton McKinley lost its best offensive lineman to IMG Academy in Florida. 😱Wow what a great opportunity for the young man . Best of luck "tank".
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-17, 08:24 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
This is a trend may predicted would ramp up over the last 10 years, but it is still fairly rare.
We will see if more IMG-type schools (SPire?) grow and take all the better athletes.
Old 06-14-17, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
I don't know how I would feel sending my high school son or daughter away from the family for high school. I know some guys from work that went to prep schools and like it, but as a parent it would not be for me.
Old 06-14-17, 11:55 AM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Maybe this unnamed player is suppose to be the best of what's there but I didn't see any real good lineman on last years team to be honest with you. In fact come to think of it I haven't seen one in a while at McKinley.
Old 06-14-17, 02:01 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
I'm hoping this doesn't become a common occurrence. I'm guessing that their games are lightly attended by the IMG parents and fans. Maybe the other schools get fired up for the games by playing a recruited all-star team but it has to be a hollow feeling playing against such a meaningless program.
Old 06-14-17, 02:18 PM
All Yappi

y2h is an unknown quantity at this point
What a joke. No pride anymore.
Old 06-14-17, 02:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Bigpup330 is on a distinguished road
This is false if it's not false then show me proof
Old 06-14-17, 02:47 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
What a joke. No pride anymore.
No pride and no loyalty anymore. People are not really loyal to much other than themselves anymore.
Old 06-14-17, 02:51 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
No pride and no loyalty anymore. People are not really loyal to much other than themselves anymore.

The school exists for the kids, not vice-versa. If a family believes another school will better serve the kid, they should go for it.
Old 06-14-17, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
The school exists for the kids, not vice-versa. If a family believes another school will better serve the kid, they should go for it.
Like you, I'm not judging the parents nor that this is "disloyal." But is there advantage to schools like IMG or is it bells and whistles?

What university is beyond the reach of a Canton McKinley educated kid? They have and will continue to send players to top athletic schools and students to top academic schools. They serve a wider range of the population than an IMG I imagine. I see that in Canton's favor?
Old 06-14-17, 04:29 PM
All American

BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHVA View Post
Canton McKinley lost its best offensive lineman to IMG Academy in Florida. 😱Wow what a great opportunity for the young man . Best of luck "tank".
It's a good thing we're deep @ that position this year!
Old 06-14-17, 04:48 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Teams don't schedule them and are they even allowed to play in the playoffs ?
Old 06-14-17, 05:40 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Have you researched them at all? Last year they played Bishop Gorman H.S. Las Vegas, NV, Bergen Catholic H.S. Bergen, NJ, Paramus Catholic H.S. Paramus, NJ, Corona Centennial (CA) and Long Beach Poly (CA) to name a few. They finished the year 11-0 and ranked #2 nationally, and that is w/o playoffs, as they don't play in FL H.S. playoffs. They graduated 30 Seniors from the football team and all 30 went to college to play football, 25 with full ride scholarships. They have possibly the most top-notch H.S. sports facilities in the country. I'd imagine playoffs don't matter much to the team as they play nationally ranked top 10 teams virtually every week, they are getting plenty of football excitement. It's not like I am on the whole University School bandwagon but what they are doing works, and it's not just working for football, they field numerous different teams from team sports to individual sports. As for amount of fans attending, well, in the videos I've seen for their home games it sure looks like a similar amount of people that I've seen for other FL schools football games.
Old 06-14-17, 05:41 PM
Junior Varsity

OHVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpup330 View Post
This is false if it's not false then show me proof
call your head coach to confirm plus who needs to be loyal that terrible staff.
Old 06-14-17, 05:49 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Have you researched them at all? Last year they played Bishop Gorman H.S. Las Vegas, NV, Bergen Catholic H.S. Bergen, NJ, Paramus Catholic H.S. Paramus, NJ, Corona Centennial (CA) and Long Beach Poly (CA) to name a few. They finished the year 11-0 and ranked #2 nationally, and that is w/o playoffs, as they don't play in FL H.S. playoffs. They graduated 30 Seniors from the football team and all 30 went to college to play football, 25 with full ride scholarships. They have possibly the most top-notch H.S. sports facilities in the country. I'd imagine playoffs don't matter much to the team as they play nationally ranked top 10 teams virtually every week, they are getting plenty of football excitement. It's not like I am on the whole University School bandwagon but what they are doing works, and it's not just working for football, they field numerous different teams from team sports to individual sports. As for amount of fans attending, well, in the videos I've seen for their home games it sure looks like a similar amount of people that I've seen for other FL schools football games.
Uhhh yeah. I have. I was saying their local teams don't schedule them as it is only other all star teams from around the country. Didn't think that was so hard to understand.
Old 06-14-17, 06:22 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
I've seen a few games of theirs on TV and they were rather boring. The crowds were small and the environment was equal to that of a Summer 7-on-7 scrimmage.

From my perspective, if I want to watch great football players, I'll turn on the NFL. If I want to watch great HS football, there is plenty of that through all seven divisions in Ohio High School football. Sure, the kids may not be as fast, big, or strong, but it's still the basic community game that we've been playing for over 100 years. Community is what makes High School sports great. No matter how much money they throw at their sports, IMG Academy will never have a community that compares to even the most average fanbases in Ohio.

Good luck to the kids that go to work on their craft at these sports factories. Congratulations to all the lucky kids who get to continue to play for their communities in Ohio.
Old 06-14-17, 06:43 PM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Teams such as IMG are not going to be that common. Even if the 'top 500' prospects got split up into ten teams.... that's the entire country. It's not like fans and players at Hubbard are going to stop going to their high school's games just because some super team (that I don't even think should qualify as 'high school football') has a few high school aged kids from the area.

If that's why you're going to high school games, you probably need to reevaluate why you're watching. If the athleticism of the athletes is what mattered, as Yappi said, watch the NFL.

As for IMG in general, there's a limit to their ability. And teams across the country are becoming aware of them when they start calling looking for games. Interesting it's only private schools willing to play them. But that's just because they work harder, right?
Old 06-14-17, 07:00 PM
All World

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
If that's why you're going to high school games, you probably need to reevaluate why you're watching. If the athleticism of the athletes is what mattered, as Yappi said, watch the NFL.

As for IMG in general, there's a limit to their ability. And teams across the country are becoming aware of them when they start calling looking for games. Interesting it's only private schools willing to play them. But that's just because they work harder, right?
Post of the year candidate!
Old 06-14-17, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Teams do schedule them and no, they cannot compete in the state playoff system.
Old 06-14-17, 08:41 PM
All Ohio

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's novel coming from you. Didn't have that opinion when Saint Edward was crushing Fitch.
Old 06-15-17, 04:59 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
That's novel coming from you. Didn't have that opinion when Saint Edward was crushing Fitch.
I have no memory of commenting on any game between these schools, or why I would. I'm sure if I did, my position was consistent.
Old 06-15-17, 05:17 AM
Fan of Eagle

IMG's schedule includes a mix of public and private schools.

8/26 @ Chandler(AZ)
9/2 Centennial (CA)
9/8 @ St. Frances Academy (MD)
9/15 St. John's (DC)
9/29 Miami Northwestern (FL)
10/6 @ Venice (FL)
10/20 @ Salt Lake City East (UT)
11/3 @ Hoover (AL)
11/11 Bishop Sullivan (VA)
Old 06-15-17, 05:17 AM
Fan of Eagle

They also must be growing because they added a second Varsity team this year.

IMG "Blue"

8/25 Nature Coast Tech (FL)
9/1 @ St Stephen's Episcopal (FL)
9/8 @ West Oaks Academy (FL)
9/15 @ Gateway Charter (FL)
9/23 Kingdom Prep (FL)
10/6 @ Trinity Catholic (FL)
10/20 @ Berkeley Prep (Tampa, FL)
11/3 @ Key West (FL)
Old 06-15-17, 07:02 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Congrats to this kid! Good for him for wanting to be pushed by the best talent in the country week in and week out while broadening his horizons and getting to see more of the country in one season than most on this site see in their life.
Old 06-15-17, 10:01 AM
All Ohio

JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the young man! Hope everything works out for him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-17, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This is a trend may predicted would ramp up over the last 10 years, but it is still fairly rare.
We will see if more IMG-type schools (SPire?) grow and take all the better athletes.
I will be surprised if we don't have one in Ohio within the next ten years, probably sooner. Columbus would be the logical location. Attract the best from everywhere in Ohio, the Indy area, western PA, Kentucky, Detroit, etc. They could produce a formidable program. I'm sure Urban, and any future OSU coach, will be thrilled if it happens.
Old 06-15-17, 10:24 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
One kid from one team decides to go to IMG and suddenly it's 'no pride and no loyalty anymore'?

Lol, there is plenty of pride and loyalty.
Old 06-15-17, 10:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I will be surprised if we don't have one in Ohio within the next ten years, probably sooner. Columbus would be the logical location. Attract the best from everywhere in Ohio, the Indy area, western PA, Kentucky, Detroit, etc. They could produce a formidable program. I'm sure Urban, and any future OSU coach, will be thrilled if it happens.
Maybe.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Seaso...tion.Key=23884

Here's IMG's senior class of 2017. Only three ended up staying in FL. Two to FSU, one to UCF. Not sure what ranking system was used (247 or the 247 Comp).
Old 06-15-17, 10:34 AM
All American

Quote:
Pathetic how many adults believe these kids owe them and the school system anything. Hopefully Summa hasn't ever quit a job. What a disloyal person Summa would be!
Old 06-15-17, 01:22 PM
Moderated User

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Post of the year candidate!
Yep. Totally agree. When my daughter played soccer against them the attendance was higher than any football game they played. By far.