Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-13-17, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
My personal thoughts....

Free pass, I believe the OHSAA should give a free pass to anyone who wants to leave Dunbar. The AD Baker should not even have a job yet we are talking about a district that rewarded their AD by extending his contract after it was known that he purposely tried to throw a game. Lots on controversy going on and it would not surprise me to see many Dunbar players transferring out..... simple solution, FIRE BAKER.
Old 06-13-17, 03:59 PM
All Yappi

Also, anyone upset that Wayne got another transfer well, Wayne has already lost 4 kids who transferred out to go to Springfield including at least 1 D1 recruit.... Like it or not it is the direction of high school sports. I do not have a problem with transfers when there is a physical move from one district to another.
Old 06-13-17, 04:57 PM
All Region

Prodigyson78 is on a distinguished road
So if 4 kids from Wayne transferred to Springfield and I know of 2 Kids transferring from Trotwood to Springfield (Caleb Johnson and Tyler Britt) Springfield is going to be loaded this year. I also heard couple more was leaving Dunbar.
Old 06-13-17, 05:48 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Any reason those two players are leaving Trotwood? Losing a D1 reciever hurts, but will it affect them much?
Old 06-13-17, 06:00 PM
All District

dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Also, anyone upset that Wayne got another transfer well, Wayne has already lost 4 kids who transferred out to go to Springfield including at least 1 D1 recruit.... Like it or not it is the direction of high school sports. I do not have a problem with transfers when there is a physical move from one district to another.
Agree , Springfield is getting transfers left an right. , unfortunately This is the nature of high school sports , this goes on Everywhere. , heck look what KD did ,kids want to win .I can't knock Moe at Springfield or Wayne because kids are in a winning program, some get a free education playing the game they love..
Old 06-13-17, 06:13 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
So am I to think Springfield is now even with Wayne personnel wise or much closer because of the rash of kids sauntering in? , moving in , PO Boxing in or how ever they are coming in ?

I would think there has to be some kind of eye brow raising going on at OHASSA , but then again probably not , seeing as in D-1 football the schools that win and compete at the state final are overwhelmingly private schools overall so may be the blind eye approach to public shuffling around may be prudent to " EVEN IT UP " lol .

This particular kid seems to be offered at a bunch of schools , so this he needs to or is smart to go to Wayne to improve his recruiting position seems ridiculous or at least silly , no need for him to move along again for the 4th straight year , but again the decision to go back to Dunbar a ONE on the great school scale as one of the worst performing high schools { Academically course which we know means little to some } in Ohio is beyond curious so consider the source of this thread I suppose .

No disrespect but RING CHASING in high school ? really ?
Old 06-13-17, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Wow! Just think of the uproar that would have erupted had they transferred to a private school.
Old 06-13-17, 06:48 PM
All American

privates already have that advantage of getting players from more vast geographical areas, , be happy for the inherent advantages and the success that comes with it
Old 06-14-17, 09:57 AM
Varsity

Ohioprep2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
So am I to think Springfield is now even with Wayne personnel wise or much closer because of the rash of kids sauntering in? , moving in , PO Boxing in or how ever they are coming in ?

I would think there has to be some kind of eye brow raising going on at OHASSA , but then again probably not , seeing as in D-1 football the schools that win and compete at the state final are overwhelmingly private schools overall so may be the blind eye approach to public shuffling around may be prudent to " EVEN IT UP " lol .

This particular kid seems to be offered at a bunch of schools , so this he needs to or is smart to go to Wayne to improve his recruiting position seems ridiculous or at least silly , no need for him to move along again for the 4th straight year , but again the decision to go back to Dunbar a ONE on the great school scale as one of the worst performing high schools { Academically course which we know means little to some } in Ohio is beyond curious so consider the source of this thread I suppose .

No disrespect but RING CHASING in high school ? really ?
Do you remember Robert Landers? If so, you may remember he was going to attend West Virginia until his dominance during that playoff run allowed him to show what some bigger schools missed. If he was not at Wayne his senior year he would not be at Ohio State today.
Old 06-14-17, 10:04 AM
Varsity

That being said, I am not saying Wayne is the reason. I am simply saying being on a team that went on a deep run allowed Ohio State to see him up close. He deserved to be there either way.
Old 06-14-17, 10:31 AM
All American

Yes being in a few more play-off games on average each year than mere mortal programs or UNWAYNE like programs can be helpful , but guys like DeWeaver and this kid aren't going to Wayne to dramatically increase their recruiting profiles , you can make the exceptions the rule if you would like, but transferring your Senior year in this day and age is very rarely a difference maker .

Landers had offers before Ohio State came on late right?

I KNOW HE SAW SOME ACTION , for the Buckeyes, but not sure getting or taking the Buckeye offer in some cases unless you are one of their main targets , is always the wisest decision , great for the ego and publicity , but playing time? For Landers it is working out he has done well in the two years he has bene there playing well in his Red shirt Frosh season , may be he gets no love if didn't show up at Wayne but likely he gets offers and palys D-1 no matter where he played
Old 06-14-17, 10:55 AM
Varsity

Yes, he had other offers. I would say playing at Ohio State is a step up from the schools that were interested in him before. No disrespect to WVU. He did a little more than see some action, he was leading the team in tackles for loss the majority of the season. Yes, I am a huge Robert fan.

I am not talking about people transferring in general. I was simply responding to your comment about going to a school like Wayne would not improve your recruiting position. I think we have seen plenty of situations that prove otherwise. Robert was just the first one that came to mind.
Old 06-14-17, 11:41 AM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I love these ignoramuses that think the school makes a difference in the kid's recruitment. In today's day and age, if you are a D1 player you will be found whether you're playing at Wayne, Ignatius, Akron North or Malvern.
I find it comical when an ignoramus thinks that an OT 6'5 280 dominating people at centerville won't be giving much more recruiting attention,grade out higher, and be given preferential treatment if there's a scholarship to be offered than the identical 6'5 280 OT dominating his competition at tri county north. If you're the coach Clark and you can only bring 1in, who do you offer? The centerville kid every time.
Old 06-14-17, 12:08 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you serious?! Wayne has been recruiting Springfield kids forever! Braxton Miller and his cousins. Heck, they even tried to get Trey DePriest to come to Wayne. Gezzz o pete, quit complaining.

The shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it. ROTFLMAO! Karma baby!
Old 06-14-17, 12:14 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
And Braxton Millers move wasn't a physical one. He and his cousins/friends shared an apartment.
Old 06-14-17, 12:22 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
transferring your Senior year in this day and age is very rarely a difference maker.
Could be if Jay Minton has Kerry Coombs and Bill Davis' cell phone numbers and Darran Powell doesn't.

Sometimes, it's all about the connections.

La'Veon Bell would have disappeared off everyone's radar if his principal's dad hadn't coached Mark Dantonio.

Landers didn't reenter the tOSU radar until Mark Crabtree called his old lineman who asked Crabbie if he was calling to say that he finally learned his lesson and was switching the scheme to veer or triple option or something smart like that next season.
Old 06-14-17, 12:22 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
This transfer mess in Dayton is an absolute joke. Just flat out crazy.
Old 06-14-17, 01:27 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyson78 View Post
So if 4 kids from Wayne transferred to Springfield and I know of 2 Kids transferring from Trotwood to Springfield (Caleb Johnson and Tyler Britt) Springfield is going to be loaded this year. I also heard couple more was leaving Dunbar.
Britt is still at Trotwood, do workouts and all. So that is false. I heard Caleb has but will have to sit 5 games
Old 06-14-17, 01:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
Are you serious?! Wayne has been recruiting Springfield kids forever! Braxton Miller and his cousins. Heck, they even tried to get Trey DePriest to come to Wayne. Gezzz o pete, quit complaining.

I read his post several times, do you really feel he is complaining? Or are you just trying to make this more interesting?
Old 06-14-17, 02:57 PM
All American

Yes early in your career going to Wayne or another solid program can be helpful from a publicity coaching play-off action standpoint , but I am not sure there are a ton of examples of a rising SENIOR transferring all of a sudden getting major love because he now has a Warrior on the side of his helmet .

I am not against transferring , especially QB'S who sometimes are in a district that isn't at all conducive to developing a potential college QB, and others can and have benifitted, Coffman has gotten some transfers , not to this level and they have none that have have come this year { QB Potential; starter Brown came form Marysville last year , my previous point exemplified} and other parts of the country have seen this thing happen at a much higher rate, it is relatively new to Ohio in General .

Johnson is a big thumper, I don't remember him making a ton of plays when I saw him as a Soph at Springfield palying at Coffman { Not a lot of defensive stops for SF that night as Rocks won 41-7} but can't judge by Soph year in game one at a new School , guys were out of position al night in that one, much improved team last year even without Johnson .

Kid is a prospect and will start at some point at a good D-1 program, only knock I have seen on him is may be because he was so physically developed at a young age, he may have limited growth potential physically , may be tapped out a bit. Looks like a full grown man right now .
Old 06-14-17, 04:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post

Wait a minute here.... are you being serious. I was not complaining what so ever so maybe you should reread my post.

One more time... Braxton Miller WAS NEVER going to go to Springfield. Miller would of been at Kenton Ridge but they did not play freshman on varsity at that time. Springfield WAS NEVER an option.

Wayne got kids from Springfield because at the time Springfield was a mess. Now that has been cleaned up so I doubt too many will head back over....

and finally, once again.... I do not have a problem with any Wayne kids transferring to Springfield as long as they move or transferred in for their freshman year. That goes both ways....

2 of the Wayne kids left because they wanted to be QB's and that position was not open. Another moved as they lost the house they were in.... not sure of the 4th but whatever....

Ask any Springfield fans on this site, I root for the CATS when they do not play Wayne so I am all for them getting stronger.....
Old 06-14-17, 04:24 PM
Varsity

KneeJerk96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Could be if Jay Minton has Kerry Coombs and Bill Davis' cell phone numbers and Darran Powell doesn't.

Sometimes, it's all about the connections.

La'Veon Bell would have disappeared off everyone's radar if his principal's dad hadn't coached Mark Dantonio.

Landers didn't reenter the tOSU radar until Mark Crabtree called his old lineman who asked Crabbie if he was calling to say that he finally learned his lesson and was switching the scheme to veer or triple option or something smart like that next season.
Connections are not an issue with Powell.... the two studs on his rooster has a combined 40 offers. Powell talks to McCollugh at USC, coach Ansley from Bama coaches Stud and Alford at OSU with regularly. Johnson parents are the issue from what I'm told from both Springfield and Dunbar people. They believe that he should have as many offers and as much notoriety as Thomas.
Old 06-14-17, 05:04 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Wait a minute here.... are you being serious. I was not complaining what so ever so maybe you should reread my post.

One more time... Braxton Miller WAS NEVER going to go to Springfield. Miller would of been at Kenton Ridge but they did not play freshman on varsity at that time. Springfield WAS NEVER an option.

Wayne got kids from Springfield because at the time Springfield was a mess. Now that has been cleaned up so I doubt too many will head back over....

and finally, once again.... I do not have a problem with any Wayne kids transferring to Springfield as long as they move or transferred in for their freshman year. That goes both ways....

2 of the Wayne kids left because they wanted to be QB's and that position was not open. Another moved as they lost the house they were in.... not sure of the 4th but whatever....

Ask any Springfield fans on this site, I root for the CATS when they do not play Wayne so I am all for them getting stronger.....
Uh every first round draft choice should be guaranteed at least a couple of million. Uh kids jump from school to school, cant imagine how the coaches can rationalize this behavior. Uh guess winning justifies everything.
Old 06-15-17, 12:57 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
I have to think his transfer has NOTHING to do with recruitment. He has two players at DUNBAR....Tavion http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f.../tavion-thomas and JoJo http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jos...cruitInterests who has coaches from OSU, BAMA, LSU and all the Big Ten walking Dunbar halls. Dunbar comp didnt stop Bama,Oklahoma, and LSU among others to offer them BOTH. 3 schools in 3 yrs is a bit much IMO
Old 06-15-17, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh every first round draft choice should be guaranteed at least a couple of million. Uh kids jump from school to school, cant imagine how the coaches can rationalize this behavior. Uh guess winning justifies everything.
True, but whats a 3rd rounder worth.?
Old 06-17-17, 06:23 AM
All Region

Prodigyson78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
I have to think his transfer has NOTHING to do with recruitment. He has two players at DUNBAR....Tavion http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f.../tavion-thomas and JoJo http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jos...cruitInterests who has coaches from OSU, BAMA, LSU and all the Big Ten walking Dunbar halls. Dunbar comp didnt stop Bama,Oklahoma, and LSU among others to offer them BOTH. 3 schools in 3 yrs is a bit much IMO
But won't go to any of those schools because they can't keep their grades up and stay out of trouble.
Old 06-19-17, 10:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Any reason those two players are leaving Trotwood? Losing a D1 reciever hurts, but will it affect them much?
They have another WR with D1 offers not losing anything, but a headache that's all.
Old 06-19-17, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
They have another WR with D1 offers not losing anything, but a headache that's all.
Was it parents? Hate to see a top talent surrounded with baggage.
Old 06-20-17, 11:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Was it parents? Hate to see a top talent surrounded with baggage.
Heard the kid was selfish. Heard the reason he transferred was that Moses Douglass picking up power 5 offers and he think he should have some and also heard he have grade problems.
Old 06-20-17, 12:09 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyson78 View Post
But won't go to any of those schools because they can't keep their grades up and stay out of trouble.
Typical hater, you have no clue of what you speak