Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-17, 05:55 PM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Antwuan Johnson transfers to Wayne!

This is Antwuan 3rd school, in 3 years. After leaving Springfield he decommitted from Michigan. I don't think his list of suitors has grown since the transfer which maybe the reason behind the move. But to get a chance at a state title would also be a big plus.

Last edited by Use2ball; 06-12-17 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-17, 07:20 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
You mean he DE-committed , so you think you get more offers if you simply transfer to another school ? How does that work exactly ? Do you immediately get a bit stronger and faster and your tape and camp performances are instantly elevated just saying you are going to a better high school football team ?

Yes before you go crazy , I am being facetious. So he transferd from Springfield to Dunbar is that right ? So it's clearly Dunbar 's fault that his list hasn't grown? So now that he is going to Wayne as a Senior the list may grow now ?

Again , not being serious here , but explain to me how this works exactly , does he move each time he goes from Dunbar to Springfield then back to Dunbar , now to Wayne , or does the whole family pack up the station wagon and also have to change schools so big brother can go chase a ring ? a HIGH SCHOOL RING ? Or does he think he really gets a longer list simply playing in a different uniform in his Senior year?

Or does he as I always here just want to play with his " COUSINS " lol and he moves in with them SMH.
Old 06-12-17, 07:28 PM
All American

May be it's academics , Dunbar has a most recent great school rating of ONE that's out of 10{ Not good } , Wayne is at a 3{ Also very low performing } , Springfield is the academic king of that trio at a 5 , seeing what they have coming in over there, my advice would have been for him to head back to SWEET MO D and his former mates when he was a Sophomore .

Good luck to Mr. Johnson , hope he finds what he is looking for at Wayne , probably won't get the ring or a huge offer that he doesn't have just because he is going to Wayne , but he'll certainly be well versed in various programs he can compare whatever that's worth .
Old 06-12-17, 07:34 PM
All Region

Decommited was when I meant. I'm examining all possibilities that may have led to his decision to transfer to Wayne. He will play a higher level competition at Wayne. That's a fact! Dunbar has no competition in the public school division. So if he performs at a high-level against high competition then absolutely he could attract more suitors. So is 6'1 238 pound linebacker who plays dominant at Dunbar versus a 6'1 238 pound linebacker that plays dominant in the Gwoc and possibly makes a statement in the playoffs. You're kidding yourself if you don't think better competition bigger stage wont attract more schools.
Old 06-12-17, 07:37 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
Decommited was when I meant. I'm examining all possibilities that may have led to his decision to transfer to Wayne. He will play a higher level competition at Wayne. That's a fact! Dunbar has no competition in the public school division. So if he performs at a high-level against high competition then absolutely he could attract more suitors. So is 6'1 238 pound linebacker who plays dominant at Dunbar versus a 6'1 238 pound linebacker that plays dominant in the Gwoc and possibly makes a statement in the playoffs. You're kidding yourself if you don't think better competition bigger stage wont attract more schools.
I thought two Dunbar kids had Ohio St and Alabama offers?
Old 06-12-17, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
If I am a college coach, should I question his sense of commitment?
Old 06-12-17, 08:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
I thought two Dunbar kids had Ohio St and Alabama offers?
Yes, and he walked in with a Michigan offer, so obviously he feels Wayne may be a chance to open a few eyes. I don't think these days Coaches think twice about kids jumping schools when you got kids left and right leaving their homes and hometowns to play IMG. I believe he will get better hands on positioning coaching at Wayne. He will absolutely play tougher competition. I don't know why he left but he left for a reason. That reason may be that his parents moved or live in another district I don't know I'm just doing out possibilities highlighted by a few facts.
Old 06-12-17, 08:41 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
yes....... I wouldn't offer the kid....
Old 06-12-17, 09:29 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
yes....... I wouldn't offer the kid....
same lol
Old 06-12-17, 10:18 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, but only after you've quietly interviewed for two better-paying jobs while denying any interest in leaving your football family.
Old 06-13-17, 03:54 AM
All American

he's got that size he has started for a few years , he has produced , he I assume goes to camps where hey shows his stuff, but at this point having already bene offered at a program like Michigan , has to go to Wayne as a SENIOR? to prove he can paly7 well against a few other good teams ?

Come on man , if you are a baller and have the measureables like this kid , you don't have to change schools every year , it's OK it's a sign of the times, if your recruiting stalls, or isn';t where you8 want it to be you SIMPLY LEAVE the school and go someplace else , it's the schools coaches and even the building's fault right?

Good point , 'SOME" colleges would assume this kid may just get up and leave in college if things aren't going his way
Old 06-13-17, 06:23 AM
Varsity

KneeJerk96 is on a distinguished road
According to Moe Doug and Dee Powell the kids parents are micromanagers and tough to deal with.
Old 06-13-17, 07:10 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
A couple of years ago, I saw a ESPN 30 for 30 show or something about a family that held their son back in the 8th grade so he could mature physically to give him a better shot at a college scholarship. The kid ended up getting a scholarship at, I believe, Duke. You hear stories about kids moving around all the time, partly to put them in better stead to get more or better college offers. And as expensive as college has become, I cannot fault the parents one bit. You have to do what you feel is best for your children. But the numbers are against them. And for those parents who view this not as an educational opportunity, but as a pipeline to NFL riches, then the odds are REALLY long! I would hope that every parent of a high school athlete would take note of the following well-known chart from a 2013 study.

Maybe the kid would have gone to Duke otherwise, who knows. Maybe this young man would have received as many offers if he stayed at Dunbar as he may by transferring to Wayne. Again, who knows. But parents have to have the right to place what they perceive as their child's best interests over those of any high school. It is ultimately their prerogative.

High school sports are GREAT! But the chances of football being a viable path to college is slim, at best. And the chances of going beyond to make money at the pro level is even far more remote. But parents, being parents, will say, "But MY son is different!" Still, I urge parents to use high school sports as way to enhance your child's high school experience. If he or she is fortunate enough to beat the odds to play in college, then use it as a means to get an education. And if you are one of the very fortunate and talented few who move on to the pro level, then you will have an education to fall back on once your short playing career is over.
Old 06-13-17, 07:38 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
My thoughts exactly Clark.
Old 06-13-17, 07:59 AM
All Region

One of the biggest things for me is given up five games your senior year. I can't imagine he's going to get a free pass on this one. But I do think weaver transferred from TWood and played from the start. Savarda at Madison was at multiple schools but only got hit with a 2 game. Real head scratcher how they decide how many games.
Old 06-13-17, 08:17 AM
All American

No one is saying parents don't have the right to shuttle their kids around for a decade if they think it is beneficial , but you have to wonder in this case anyway , why in the world would a parent put their kid back at Dunbar after leaving after Frosh year , in his Junior year , especially seeing as how low performing it is academically.

yes Wayne clearly is no academic juggernaut themselves , but never staying in one high school for even a two year stretch raises some questions or would with some college programs.

Often when you see these multiple transfers high school kids , you see them transfer at least once in college and sometimes multiple times , not ALL of course , but like quitting things which becomes easier and easier once you quit that first time , transferring becomes easier each time you do it .

Again good luck to the kid hope it works out for him
Old 06-13-17, 09:37 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
College coaches are no better at commitment than anyone else.
Old 06-13-17, 09:46 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He will play a higher level competition at Wayne. That's a fact! Dunbar has no competition in the public school division. So if he performs at a high-level against high competition then absolutely he could attract more suitors.
I'm skeptical about that. He's a 3/4 star according to the services. There are zero schools unaware of his existence or potential.
Old 06-13-17, 10:01 AM
All American

Quote:
One of the biggest things for me is given up five games your senior year. I can't imagine he's going to get a free pass on this one
I think everybody transferring out of Dunbar gets the 4-7-5 academic performance exception free pass unless he already used it to go to Springfield.
Old 06-13-17, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
I think so. I think this is a major concern for some of the schools recruiting him from what I've read on sites like 247.
Old 06-13-17, 10:59 AM
All Region

dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeJerk96 View Post
According to Moe Doug and Dee Powell the kids parents are micromanagers and tough to deal with.
Correct .
Old 06-13-17, 11:47 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
According to Blue Smith both Johnson and Tavion Thomas are transfering to Wayne.
Old 06-13-17, 11:55 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
According to Blue Smith both Johnson and Tavion Thomas are transfering to Wayne.
Oh my! If Tavion came to Wayne I would definitely clear a couple Friday nights. I have yet to hear that. But if so, wow!
Old 06-13-17, 01:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Wow.
Old 06-13-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I love these ignoramuses that think the school makes a difference in the kid's recruitment. In today's day and age, if you are a D1 player you will be found whether you're playing at Wayne, Ignatius, Akron North or Malvern.
Old 06-13-17, 02:13 PM
Varsity

KneeJerk96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thomas ain't going nowhere.
Old 06-13-17, 03:02 PM
Freshman

Captain Obvious is on a distinguished road
Let's not forget Dunbar players were asked to throw a game by their coaches and administrators. I would have a hard time representing any school that asked me to compromise my integrity.
Old 06-13-17, 03:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Let's not forget Dunbar players were asked to throw a game by their coaches and administrators. I would have a hard time representing any school that asked me to compromise my integrity.
Good point. Couple post back didnt someone say Dunbar staff thought his parents was overbearing. Hard to take criticism from Coaches that asked kids to throw a game.
Old 06-13-17, 03:37 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Harry has a negative take no matter the circumstance:

for instance when a kid can walk to a Private School , but his Public HS is in one of the
worst City School District's in the State. and kid gains a voucher and passes any testing
needed to go to the Private School he rattles they get kids from a wide area. LOL
He's never happy .
Old 06-13-17, 03:45 PM
All District

Percy Dovetonsils is on a distinguished road
Two thoughts from the DDN article..."They have established residence in Huber Heights, but may have to sit out five games." If they establish bona fide residence in the district, then you do not have to sit. Secondly, he enrolled on Friday, and was at workouts on Monday, but coach has not met him yet. Coach does not attend summer workouts?