Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-17, 08:24 AM
All Ohio

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
My oldest son was an all star and captain under Bohren at Lakeview. Bill, in fact, still lives in Cortland ever since. Even as he coached at different schools. The rumor mill has him being hired at an area school AFTER a school fires their coach following the opening game.

No idea what his Canfield record was.
Old 06-12-17, 09:18 AM
All District

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
That is not what I am referring to. Although I'd be interested to hear more about it. I did not know or think he ever coached at Canfield. Anyone else want give it a shot? I figure niles folks might know since I believe Niles may have been his longest stay in 1 place..... maybe boardman..... I do think it is telling that this is so difficult to figure out in this day and age of big, fast and for the most part accurate data
Old 06-12-17, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

I also am not aware of Bohren at Canfield. I believe he spent one year at Butler, Pa.
Old 06-12-17, 11:22 AM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
I also am not aware of Bohren at Canfield. I believe he spent one year at Butler, Pa.
I think Butler, PA came right after Boardman. Then Salem as he didn't like PA.

At Boardman, his first season was 84 I believe. Last was the 1992 season.
Old 06-12-17, 01:46 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
How old is he these days
Old 06-12-17, 02:53 PM
Freshman

uschudson is on a distinguished road
He is approx. 82 years old/young; depends on his bday, but when he took over at Southington in 2015, he was 80 years old.
Old 06-12-17, 05:51 PM
All Ohio

I think Bill turned 83. He rides a bike around the area for exercise, so he is seen often. He should "like "Pa." As he was from Ambridge, lol

BTW, C &B, I see you have posted that Bohren was at Portsmouth and went 0-10 on another site. I'm not aware of that. Proof ?

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 06-12-17 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 04:31 AM
All District

Cool

Quote:
I think Bill turned 83. He rides a bike around the area for exercise, so he is seen often. He should "like "Pa." As he was from Ambridge, lol

BTW, C &B, I see you have posted that Bohren was at Portsmouth and went 0-10 on another site. I'm not aware of that. Proof ?
Paladin, you are correct that I posted that regarding Portsmouth. I believe the year was 1979. Your question of proof..... therein lies the rub. I cannot find anything that shows who Portsmouth's head football coach was. I can't find anything showing where Coach was employed that year. And believe it or not I cannot find anything on this vast World Wide Web any information for the 1979 Portsmouth Trojan squad, except for Big Red's results for that year showing a 21-0 victory over Portsmouth. Bohren did seem to like to schedule Big Red at a couple of his stops along the way, Namely Niles and Boardman and I think Portsmouth. Maybe there's a Portsmouth football historian or fan out there who can confirm or deny if Bohren ever coached at Portsmouth. I could be wrong.... it happened once before Almost like a twi-light zone mystery! If he wasn't at Portsmouth in 1979 where was he? Maybe we can back into the truth that way.
Old 06-13-17, 06:36 AM
All District

Quote:

I just found evidence that he did spend at least one year at Portsmouth. On the OHSAA web site, they have "records" section. One of the records listed is Alltime coaching victories Ohio and other states and one that is Ohio wins only. Bohren was listed in the former category. I think it showed 295 wins in 38 years with the Ohio stops listed as......Ottawa Glandorf...Steubenville.....Portsmouth.....Cortland Lakeview.....Boardman......Niles.....Labrae.....Ch alker...... I also thought he had a brief stop at Salem.......does anyone find it odd that nowhere in any bio of his showing his coaching career, that an 0-10 one year stint is never mentioned. I would love to be proven wrong by anyone who can post a school issued bio appearing in a program, a banquet award program etc. I guess Coach feels like failure can just be erased or simply not mentioned during job interviews.
Old 06-13-17, 06:50 AM
All District

Quote:

I just found evidence that he did spend at least one year at Portsmouth. On the OHSAA web site, they have "records" section. One of the records listed is Alltime coaching victories Ohio and other states and one that is Ohio wins only. Bohren was listed in the former category. I think it showed 295 wins in 38 years with the Ohio stops listed as......Ottawa Glandorf...Steubenville.....Portsmouth.....Cortland Lakeview.....Boardman......Niles.....Labrae.....Ch alker...... I also thought he had a brief stop at Salem.......does anyone find it odd that nowhere in any bio of his showing his coaching career, that an 0-10 one year stint is never mentioned. I would love to be proven wrong by anyone who can post a school issued bio appearing in a program, a banquet award program etc. I guess Coach feels like failure can just be erased or simply not mentioned during job interviews.
Old 06-14-17, 12:28 AM
Freshman

Nilesflash95 is on a distinguished road
I imagine you list all of your failures on your job resume.
Old 06-14-17, 01:03 AM
All District

No, I wouldn't, but this is a little different. Remember George O'Leary and ND?
Old 06-14-17, 01:14 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjoe View Post
not true both players were starters last year both playing reciever this year for niles
Doubtful
Old 06-14-17, 07:01 AM
All Region

Dawgpound31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjoe View Post
qb is a stud think his name is soda
hahahahaha
Old 06-14-17, 09:34 AM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Starting RB Savin broke his collarbone playing 7 on 7. Could be out for a while.
Old 06-14-17, 01:00 PM
All Region

Dawgpound31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Starting RB Savin broke his collarbone playing 7 on 7. Could be out for a while.
Now that's a loss they cant afford
Old 06-14-17, 01:21 PM
Freshman

Nilesflash95 is on a distinguished road
Yep my thoughts exactly, best player on both sides of the ball.
Old 06-15-17, 03:39 PM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post

10 weeks tops....unless a compound fracture