Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-05-17, 02:46 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=ElksDad;6760688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post

This guy has hated on the Elks for a long time, I guess when you have a winning program as long as Centerville has had and have a few rough years the sharks from lesser programs come out of the woodwork. Great hire Elks. Lets get it on.
When was Wayne a "lesser" program??
Old 05-05-17, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
...prior to the Coach Minton era.
Old 05-07-17, 11:45 AM
All District

Percy Dovetonsils is on a distinguished road
Try prior to 1981
Old 05-11-17, 05:39 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
I saw fairly recently that Elks had a job opening for the assistant WR/QB coach. Any word on who got that job? Also, who are some of the other assistant coaches on Coach Brent Ullery's staff? Thanks.
Old 05-19-17, 02:17 PM
Varsity

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Any update on rest of coaching staff? Only heard that Puckett is staying as DC.
Old 05-19-17, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElksDad View Post

This guy has hated on the Elks for a long time, I guess when you have a winning program as long as Centerville has had and have a few rough years the sharks from lesser programs come out of the woodwork. Great hire Elks. Lets get it on.
How is Wayne a lesser program to Centerville in Football?.... sorry, that is laughable and by the way, it is not the 70's anymore..... Centerville is a solid program but Wayne is a step ahead....
Old 05-19-17, 11:01 PM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
Gee...Really???
Old 05-24-17, 07:30 PM
All District

Falcon93 is on a distinguished road
Any word on the rumor Blue is transferring to IMG?
Old 06-07-17, 08:54 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 Schedule and predictions based on a pure guess and past history with some programs.

@Fairfield (toss up)
@Lakota West (L)
Pickerington North (L)
@Springfield (W)
Springboro (toss up)
@Wayne (L)
Lebanon (toss up)
@Northmont (W)
Fairmont (W)
Beavercreak (W)
Old 06-07-17, 09:00 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon93 View Post
why would he do that
Old 06-07-17, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Blue will be graduating in December at Wayne... so, he will be at Wayne during the football season. If Blue goes to IMG and I have never heard this rumor it would be as a post grad but I doubt that either since he will be graduating early.... which usually means he will be heading out for Spring ball at some University or College.... He is NOT playing basketball at Wayne for his senior year but we all kind of figured that one out a long time ago.
Old 06-07-17, 03:01 PM
All Yappi

Centerville fans.....

Are you happy to be out of region 4 and into region 3 for this season? The downside is that it is a bit tougher to qualify for the playoffs in R3 than R4 but once you are in there are no private schools in your way.....
Old 06-07-17, 09:00 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Centerville fans.....

Are you happy to be out of region 4 and into region 3 for this season? The downside is that it is a bit tougher to qualify for the playoffs in R3 than R4 but once you are in there are no private schools in your way.....
Probably have to go 7-3 to make playoffs in R3. Would rather have stayed in R4. Anything can happen in playoffs, but have to get in first. Don't like having to play anyone in conference twice. More fun to face new teams.
Old 06-09-17, 05:30 AM
All District

Falcon93 is on a distinguished road
I saw on another post that Springfield got a lot of Wayne transfers in. They should be real tough even with the loss of Danny Davis
Old 06-09-17, 06:36 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I saw on another post that Springfield got a lot of Wayne transfers in. They should be real tough even with the loss of Danny Davis
who transferred?
Old 06-09-17, 06:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
who transferred?
2 of Wayne's QB's Lesperance and Carter plus Brown and Dixon.
Old 06-12-17, 02:39 PM
Varsity

Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Heard a rumor from a Centerville parent that the player numbers are low this year
Old 06-13-17, 06:08 PM
Varsity

PantherTown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to PantherTown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
2017 Schedule and predictions based on a pure guess and past history with some programs.

@Fairfield (toss up)
@Lakota West (L)
Pickerington North (L)
@Springfield (W)
Springboro (toss up)
@Wayne (L)
Lebanon (toss up)
@Northmont (W)
Fairmont (W)
Beavercreak (W)
At Fairfield a toss up, that is funny. Fairfield will beat them by 28. Now I am on the ground and can't get up. @ Springfield another win? They have 6 D1 kids with 4 transfers from Wayne transfers. They will lose that one by 35!
Old 06-13-17, 07:50 PM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTown View Post
At Fairfield a toss up, that is funny. Fairfield will beat them by 28. Now I am on the ground and can't get up. @ Springfield another win? They have 6 D1 kids with 4 transfers from Wayne transfers. They will lose that one by 35!
It doesn't matter how many D1 kids are on the Springfield team, if they don't play as a team they don't win that's the problem in Springfield. And Fairfield who has won the last two games by either 3 points or 7 points is suddenly going to win by 28, now I'm on the floor laughing my arse off.
Old 06-14-17, 05:53 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
It doesn't matter how many D1 kids are on the Springfield team, if they don't play as a team they don't win that's the problem in Springfield. And Fairfield who has won the last two games by either 3 points or 7 points is suddenly going to win by 28, now I'm on the floor laughing my arse off.
You have a better chance of beating us this year then you do FF or SF. Hate to pick on any specifics, but this is the worst O-line you have had since I have been following HS football which is a long time. You have no speed on offense. No D-1 players on Offense. How are you going to score?

I hope you get back to the playoffs, but another 5-5 year is realistic and it may be worse.
Old 06-14-17, 09:14 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny, Springboro people are always so worried about Centerville teams, ability, and first to say how bad The Elks will be.....every year? But, with 50 years of football history and 1 playoff victory for the Panthers????????? Not sure why they have such a hard on year in and year out.

I asked before Panthertown. You have said the Elks will be lucky to be .500 this year.

What will your Panthers record end up and will all that superior talent make a long playoff run?
Old 06-15-17, 10:43 AM
Freshman

VictoriousSecret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
I saw fairly recently that Elks had a job opening for the assistant WR/QB coach. Any word on who got that job? Also, who are some of the other assistant coaches on Coach Brent Ullery's staff? Thanks.
PK Sam
Old 06-15-17, 04:19 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Funny, Springboro people are always so worried about Centerville teams, ability, and first to say how bad The Elks will be.....every year? But, with 50 years of football history and 1 playoff victory for the Panthers????????? Not sure why they have such a hard on year in and year out.

I asked before Panthertown. You have said the Elks will be lucky to be .500 this year.

What will your Panthers record end up and will all that superior talent make a long playoff run?
I am not talking History UB. I am responding to the prediction that Elks win 7, which IMO won't happen. Show me one post that is pie in the sky Springboro talk or our program is better? Elks are down and it is going to be a while before they are back. Everyone knows that. Why do you think Roberts bailed? You think he saw all the talent coming and said to himself, wow we are loaded I am staying? Why do you think you have an assistant coach, with no HC experience, as your new HC? The guy was not even a coordinator. Why did every big name coach either pull out of the coaching interviews or they did not apply?

You had two years with 3 studs who moved back and you still could not get it done. Had those 3 studs not moved back, it would have been very very ugly. Facts are Facts. You had a chance last year with the fast qb who is on his way to BG, and you could not make the playoffs. Put that kid on our team with Kovaks, and we don't lose any of those 3 games and probably win a few in the playoffs.

Facts are Facts. Anybody who sees the old days of Elk football is blind. The talent pool in elk city is lower than I can ever remember. Heck it is not even close to anything I can remember.

As for us, also realistic about 2017.

First, if you play in our Division and against our schedule and you win 6 maybe 7 games. But you are not in our division. You have a much tougher schedule.

And if you read my post, I said you have a better shot of beating us this year than the SF and FF games.
I predict 7 wins and a quick exit in the playoffs.

Now my question to you and E1. How are the Elks going to score points with no line and no speed?
Old 06-17-17, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Hey, I recorded most of the second half of last seasons exciting Centerville @ Springboro game. One video shows 3rd quarter action, and another shows the 4th quarter:
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.p...20#post6559220
Old 06-26-17, 10:35 PM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTown View Post
You have a better chance of beating us this year then you do FF or SF. Hate to pick on any specifics, but this is the worst O-line you have had since I have been following HS football which is a long time. You have no speed on offense. No D-1 players on Offense. How are you going to score?

I hope you get back to the playoffs, but another 5-5 year is realistic and it may be worse.
Good question, I guess we'll just have to see what materializes this fall. Good luck!