Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-17, 07:53 PM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
2017 Canton Central Catholic Crusaders

After two attempts we were finally able to get over the hump, and beat coldwater in the championship. This coming season might be a rebuilding season but who knows. Does anybody know who is returning next season, or what teams will be filling weeks 6,10

2017 schedule
08/25 A Bellevue
09/01 H Massillon Perry
09/08 A Strongsville
09/14 A Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas
09/22 H New Philadelphia
09/29 N. Akron Ellet(?)
10/06 H Winton Woods
10/13 H Massillon Jackson
10/20 H Wooster
10/27 N Erie PA

Last edited by andre; 05-13-17 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-17, 07:53 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
That already is an insane schedule for any D5 team. They need to fill the remaining games with some cupcakes.

Last edited by Crimson and Black; 01-09-17 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-11-17, 04:57 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Andre... can't we just call it that we are State Champions and call it a day... haha

It never ends boys.. "What have you done for me lately" - get use to it!

What a 2017 schedule!!! How bout Crenshaw, Lehman, and Summit Grade school for 3 open dates?
Old 01-11-17, 06:57 PM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
I heard that Dover might be on the 2017 schedule? Is there any talk between the two
Old 01-12-17, 12:28 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Massillon has an open week #7? So does Mooney, what are supposed to be like?
Old 01-12-17, 01:21 PM
All Region

Terrible TD is on a distinguished road
They lose a lot on defense and overall speed and length. They do have some nice players coming back and an offensive line that got better each game last year. The schedule is a bear already, but I would expect the coaches will find the right mix and get them rolling after a few games. Will they have the same success as the last 3 years? Who knows, but success breeds success and I am sure they don't want to lose that momentum.
Old 01-12-17, 02:43 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
I heard that Dover might be on the 2017 schedule? Is there any talk between the two
Yes, there is talk...
Old 01-12-17, 04:36 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Yes, there is talk...
Usually, Dover tries to avoid scheduling us because we do not travel well and they believe we cost them revenue at the home game at Dover. I totally agree that if they can get as school with a big fan base to come to Crater, they ought to do that. However, when you are playing out of state/country teams, Cleveland Central Catholic, etc., that starts to erode that argument. Of course, if those schools come to your place every year, then maybe it makes more sense to have two home games as opposed to a home and home but, again, the economics would depend on your home game fan base and the guarantee you agree to pay.

I know the last contract negotiation went south when Dover demanded that they be permitted to keep their pre-sale for the game at Central and split the gate. Central found that demand to be a bit out of line and the schools went their separate ways.

Would love to be playing Dover again, personally.
Old 01-12-17, 04:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible TD View Post
They lose a lot on defense and overall speed and length. They do have some nice players coming back and an offensive line that got better each game last year. The schedule is a bear already, but I would expect the coaches will find the right mix and get them rolling after a few games. Will they have the same success as the last 3 years? Who knows, but success breeds success and I am sure they don't want to lose that momentum.
I think that next year will be full of growing pains and this alleged schedule is not leaving a lot of room for those growing pains. It will be a baptism by fire for a lot of these kids. However, if they stay healthy and keep getting better, who knows? I think they have the potential to have a real nice team in 2018 but my expectation for 2017 are low. Of course, I had low expectations this year, as well, and that worked out just fine.
Old 01-12-17, 04:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Andre... can't we just call it that we are State Champions and call it a day... haha
I am all for going out on top . . . of course, I was ready to shut down the season on a high note after the win over Jackson. We would have missed out on all the fun.
Old 01-13-17, 03:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I am all for going out on top . . . of course, I was ready to shut down the season on a high note after the win over Jackson. We would have missed out on all the fun.
You Betcha....

Jackson
Perry
Coldwater
end of football
Old 01-13-17, 03:23 PM
All World

and before I go into hiding during Cavs repeat run...

The Kick
The Drive
The Pick
in my memory bank forever - now happy hibernation time - cya
Old 01-13-17, 04:35 PM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Week 7: Winton Woods @ CCC
confirmed?
Old 01-14-17, 12:48 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Week 7: Winton Woods @ CCC
confirmed?
Haven't found anyone to say that game isn't happening.

Weeks 3, 6, and 10 are still in limbo.
Old 01-14-17, 09:08 AM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Wheelersburg and Heath's Arbiter website show they are playing each other Week 3, so it doesn't look like that matchup is happening.
Old 01-15-17, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
Wheelersburg and Heath's Arbiter website show they are playing each other Week 3, so it doesn't look like that matchup is happening.
I was looking forward to that match-up with Wheelersburg , thought it would have been a good game for both teams early in the season.
Old 01-15-17, 04:39 PM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
As far as I know of, Steubenville is OPEN Week 3. Would like to get this series going again
Old 01-16-17, 04:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
As far as I know of, Steubenville is OPEN Week 3. Would like to get this series going again
My friend RollRed...

The last time you guys came into our stadium, might have been the Best Football game I EVER saw... and we lost because for some reason the scoreboard froze at 1 second - darn it!... HA-HA... and we gave you our best again in Playoff game - what battles!

so... Why don't you just go beat up Massillon Tigers again and we will see you in like 5 years... or so....
Old 01-17-17, 01:54 PM
All American

Stizostedion
7-3 or 8-2 and another march through Region 17.
Old 01-17-17, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
7-3 or 8-2 and another march through Region 17.
Would be nice, but we dont even have 8 games on the schedule yet.... and from what we do know, im not seeing any easy wins at this point. 5 of the 7 we do have, made the playoffs last season.

D1 Jackson (7-3 regular season, lost to Iggy 1st round. Not going to take us lightly in 2017) )
D2 Perry 12-3 (Runner Up D2, always tough game)
D2 Win Woods (5-5 ... No blowout losses)
D2 Wooster (8-2 Last Season, just missed playoffs)
D3 New Philly (10-3, Regional Finals)
D4 Bellevue (7-3 Regular Season, lost to OG in 1st round)
D6 St Thomas (9-3, 2nd round loss in playoffs, Rivalry)

We need to fill holes in Week 3,6 and 10. Mooney looks to be open week 6.

One question... the OHSAA open dates website is showing CCC looking for a week 9 opponent, not week 10. Anyone have any info on that or are we sure Wooster isn't week 10?

Last edited by The Veer; 01-18-17 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-17-17, 04:28 PM
All District

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
As an alumnus of the school I have loved the recent success of the school, but I think it would crazy to schedule Big Red, Wheelersburg and any other power at this point. Central will be replacing a plethora of starters this upcoming year, and have one of the most difficult schedules in division five. As it stands, the easiest game on the schedule will be a rivalry match up with Aquinas, which we all know will never be an easy game. So, as a fan it would be great to schedule these powerhouse teams, but for a team with forty or so kids in uniform, it makes zero sense to obliterate your depth throughout the season.

I am guessing that Central is now experiencing the difficulty of being successful in that they are unable to find games against teams that are of comparable size. And before the brilliant trolls get on here and claim that is what a private gets for recruiting, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I hope that the new AD finds reasonable match ups for weeks three, six and ten that will allow coach Lindesmith the time to season some younger players. I think this team will probably take a step or two backwards from the past couple of years, but given the coaching and extra practices, they will be just fine. That is, provided they avoid the injury bug.
Old 01-17-17, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
As an alumnus of the school I have loved the recent success of the school, but I think it would crazy to schedule Big Red, Wheelersburg and any other power at this point. Central will be replacing a plethora of starters this upcoming year, and have one of the most difficult schedules in division five. As it stands, the easiest game on the schedule will be a rivalry match up with Aquinas, which we all know will never be an easy game. So, as a fan it would be great to schedule these powerhouse teams, but for a team with forty or so kids in uniform, it makes zero sense to obliterate your depth throughout the season.

I am guessing that Central is now experiencing the difficulty of being successful in that they are unable to find games against teams that are of comparable size. And before the brilliant trolls get on here and claim that is what a private gets for recruiting, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I hope that the new AD finds reasonable match ups for weeks three, six and ten that will allow coach Lindesmith the time to season some younger players. I think this team will probably take a step or two backwards from the past couple of years, but given the coaching and extra practices, they will be just fine. That is, provided they avoid the injury bug.
CCC has been better than Wheelersburg the last two years, easily.
Old 01-18-17, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Would be nice, but we dont even have 8 games on the schedule yet.... and from what we do know, im not seeing any easy wins at this point. 5 of the 7 we do have, made the playoffs last season.

D1 Jackson (7-3 regular season, lost to Iggy 1st round. Not going to take us lightly in 2017) )
D2 Perry 12-3 (Runner Up D2, always tough game)
D2 Win Woods (5-5 ... No blowout losses)
D2 Wooster (8-2 Last Season, just missed playoffs)
D3 New Philly (10-3, Regional Finals)
D4 Bellevue (7-3 Regular Season, lost to OG in 1st round)
D6 St Thomas (9-3, 2nd round loss in playoffs, Rivalry)

We need to fill holes in Week 3,6 and 10. Mooney looks to be open week 6.

One question... the OHSAA open dates website is showing CCC looking for a week 9 opponent, not week 10. Anyone have any info on that or are we sure Wooster is week 10?
The Wooster game is week 9.

Weeks 3, 6, and 10 are still unfilled. It's a deal where they have some teams lined up for those weeks, but those teams aren't going to sign anything until they can't find someone they would rather play. After this 3-year run, most teams that CCC would want to play are not going to view CCC as their first choice. Filling out the entire schedule might take awhile longer, but you are correct that we are unlikely to see many "gimmes" on it...
Old 01-18-17, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The Wooster game is week 9.

Weeks 3, 6, and 10 are still unfilled. It's a deal where they have some teams lined up for those weeks, but those teams aren't going to sign anything until they can't find someone they would rather play. After this 3-year run, most teams that CCC would want to play are not going to view CCC as their first choice. Filling out the entire schedule might take awhile longer, but you are correct that we are unlikely to see many "gimmes" on it...
Thanks for the explanation Slip, i was just going off of the OHSAA Open Dates page which was showing CCC looking for a week 9 Opponent. Makes sense now
Old 01-18-17, 04:43 PM
All World

Guys...

thought - why don't we put Massillon on schedule?

and I am Dead Serious (Perry/Jackson are better than Massillon)
Old 01-18-17, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Guys...

thought - why don't we put Massillon on schedule?

and I am Dead Serious (Perry/Jackson are better than Massillon)
I suggested the same thing on the Massillon thread when we shared an open date, one and only game was 1997. We would be a better opponent for them vs Ursuline the past couple years.
Old 01-18-17, 05:16 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me explain this to you guys. Yes, it would be a great game and a logical choice. Won't happen. Why? Massillon is run by a bunch of delusional geriatrics in the Booster Club and the city that think they are still the program of the '70s. To schedule Central would be demeaning in their minds. They would much rather start out with a Mentor, get blown out by 30 or 40, and then claim it will help them down the line. Especially when they schedule and Ignatius or a St. Ed's in week seven and get torched by 40 more. Again.
Old 01-18-17, 05:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Let me explain this to you guys. Yes, it would be a great game and a logical choice. Won't happen. Why? Massillon is run by a bunch of delusional geriatrics in the Booster Club and the city that think they are still the program of the '70s. To schedule Central would be demeaning in their minds. They would much rather start out with a Mentor, get blown out by 30 or 40, and then claim it will help them down the line. Especially when they schedule and Ignatius or a St. Ed's in week seven and get torched by 40 more. Again.
Its OK to schedule Ursuline, who has won 5 and 3 games respectively the past 2 seasons, but not us?? I guess the Booster Club is still stuck in the 70's with that mindset. How has it changed so much in the past 20 years, they scheduled us once 20 years ago (1997) but wouldnt now? Got to be some of those same delusional geriatrics around today.

Usuline was in the bottom 4 in their region for Harbins this season, while Central was in the top 3 in theirs. Had Massillon played Central and won this year, they would have been ahead of Perry, and played the 1st round as the 1 Seed this year and played Lake.

It makes sense, better game, better crowd and atmosphere.
Old 01-18-17, 05:42 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Look my friend please don't try to put any logic around this. Look at the damn circus that transpired over there this year because of them. It started with the live tiger fiasco and just spiraled downhill from there. There is no logic. Believe me. Now, one of those geriatrics of whom I speak will be on here real soon chastising me, calling me a liar, saying I don't know anything, etc. And he will be dead wrong on all counts. The only thing is he has zero, and I mean ZERO power or influence. Believe me.
Old 01-18-17, 08:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Crystal clear my friend... well said!

Bring on the Tiger posters... I am well rested especially with another Title on the wall!!!