Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-16, 11:10 PM
All Ohio

BwickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
Brunswick football 2017-18

with High school football season now over, Brunswick is currently searching for a new head coach..what is the outlook for next years squad. this past years squad was one of the most talented teams ive seen in a long time.

2017-18 Schedule:
Aug 25. @ Highland
Sept 1. Vs Austintown Fitch
Sept 8. Vs Shaker Hts
Sept 15. vs Canada Prep (ON)
Sept 22. @ Mentor
Sept 28. @ Solon
Oct 6. Vs Elyria
Oct 13. @ Euclid
Oct 20. @ Medina
Oct 27. Vs Strongsville

NOTE: Brunswick is no longer playing Brecksville as the bees have scheduled Willoughby south for week 3 next year. also the GCC schedule was shaken up a bit with Medina and Strongsville now being played weeks 9 and 10.

Last edited by BwickBlueDevil; 08-28-17 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-16, 08:42 AM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Who is the school looking at as Head Coach? The O Coordinator from Medina would be a Great Choice. Mike Zogrofos.
Old 12-09-16, 04:28 PM
All Ohio

i heard Brunswick is hiring former Buckeye HC Mark Pinzone.
Old 12-09-16, 05:17 PM
Varsity

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Hope they announce something soon! New coach who ever it ends up being needs to get his off season program going. I know the kids are working hard in the weight room but they need to know who the leader is going to be.
Old 12-10-16, 12:51 AM
All Ohio

bluedevilblitz is on a distinguished road
Reports say Pinzone will be hired as the head coach. I think it's a great hire and I believe he deserves a chance to prove himself on this level.
Old 12-10-16, 07:19 PM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
What type of offense does Pinzone run or will he run at Brunswick? Do they have any type of a QB pipeline?
Old 12-12-16, 09:22 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Does he still teach at Brunswick? I know he used to be on the football staff as an assistant and be in the building. Makes sense to hire him if he's in the building.
Old 12-12-16, 10:43 AM
All Ohio

Pinzone is still a teacher at Brunswick High. my guess is Pinzone will run a Spread offense but we'll see.
Old 12-12-16, 02:27 PM
All Ohio

Moozedad is on a distinguished road
And the Pinzone hiring was announced in the Sunday edition of the Plain Dealer!
Old 12-12-16, 04:15 PM
All Ohio

Why hire a guy that wasn't good enough to be HC when Beal was hired? Pinzone was an assistant at Brunswick with the old regime. He won at Buckeye with a weak schedule. Let's see what happens now that he's with the big boys. One plus he is a teacher at the school already.
Old 12-13-16, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwickBlueDevil View Post
Pinzone is still a teacher at Brunswick High. my guess is Pinzone will run a Spread offense but we'll see.

Does that mean he'll spend his first season trying to wean his offensive players off the Beal-bone?
Old 12-14-16, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

Findy15, the excuse that Pinzone was not offered the job first, when Nowak retired, is that he had no HC experience. He now has 7 years experience as a HC including 4 consecutive years in the playoffs. But frankly, the no HC experience was an excuse, the real reason he didn't get the job 7 years ago was politics, and the politics have changed!

Metacomet, I would expect that he'll spend his first year re-teaching techniques that have been lost during the Beal era. I expect that the first visible difference between the Pinzone coaching and Beal coaching is that Brunswick will return to the Spread Offense as it's basic formation.

Having followed what his teams did at Medina Buckeye, running the spread does not necessarily mean it will be a pass first offense. My expectation is that he and his staff will evaluate the talent differently, and then refine both the offense and defense to put the kids into position to be most efficient. If you look at Buckeye 2 years ago they had a QB who was a great passer and they threw a lot. In 2016, the QB was more of a runner and ball handler, and they had both the QB and their running back with over 1000 yards of rushing. The key is, with any offensive formation, to get your playmakers in space and set them up to make plays.

Another consideration that we have yet to hear about is which assistant coaches will he retain from Beal's staff (if any) and who will follow him to Brunswick from Buckeye.... Pinzone is an Offensive leaning HC, it will be interesting to find out who will be his Defensive Coordinator.

Until we hear what they are doing in off season conditioning, how they are progressing through 7 on 7's, and preseason scrimmages it will be difficult to estimate what the coaching change means as far as next year's record, but I would expect a quick turn around.

The other thing I expect to hear again is Brunswick Tradition, and Tradition Never Graduates! I would expect to see more alumni involvement than we have seen in the last 7 years!

Go Blue!
Old 12-14-16, 06:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozedad View Post
Findy15, the excuse that Pinzone was not offered the job first, when Nowak retired, is that he had no HC experience. He now has 7 years experience as a HC including 4 consecutive years in the playoffs. But frankly, the no HC experience was an excuse, the real reason he didn't get the job 7 years ago was politics, and the politics have changed!

Metacomet, I would expect that he'll spend his first year re-teaching techniques that have been lost during the Beal era. I expect that the first visible difference between the Pinzone coaching and Beal coaching is that Brunswick will return to the Spread Offense as it's basic formation.

Having followed what his teams did at Medina Buckeye, running the spread does not necessarily mean it will be a pass first offense. My expectation is that he and his staff will evaluate the talent differently, and then refine both the offense and defense to put the kids into position to be most efficient. If you look at Buckeye 2 years ago they had a QB who was a great passer and they threw a lot. In 2016, the QB was more of a runner and ball handler, and they had both the QB and their running back with over 1000 yards of rushing. The key is, with any offensive formation, to get your playmakers in space and set them up to make plays.

Another consideration that we have yet to hear about is which assistant coaches will he retain from Beal's staff (if any) and who will follow him to Brunswick from Buckeye.... Pinzone is an Offensive leaning HC, it will be interesting to find out who will be his Defensive Coordinator.

Until we hear what they are doing in off season conditioning, how they are progressing through 7 on 7's, and preseason scrimmages it will be difficult to estimate what the coaching change means as far as next year's record, but I would expect a quick turn around.

The other thing I expect to hear again is Brunswick Tradition, and Tradition Never Graduates! I would expect to see more alumni involvement than we have seen in the last 7 years!

Go Blue!
Mooz, is Pinzone the best choice in your opinion? Would Zogrofos, currently at Medina, a resident & lifer in the Brunswick football scene been a better choice?
The entire Brunswick staff, including Nowak, went to Holy Name with Pinzone. Did they go to Buckeye with him? If so will they all be back at Brunswick in the fall?
Old 12-15-16, 01:07 PM
Freshman

DUDE22 is on a distinguished road
Coach Pinzone

he will run the offense based on the talent and strengths of the kids, not pigeon hole kids into a system that he stubbornly wants to make work. I believe kids that are athletes will come out for football based on him being hired. he did keep a lot of the staff together. in my opinion, excellent hire, and yes, you will see fans and alumni come back and support this team. the past 7 years have been a mess.
Old 12-17-16, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

i heard a rumor that Nowak will be on Pinzone's staff as the OC. not sure of its true or not.
Old 03-24-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

Now that Wrestling and Basketball season are over, it is probably time to start discussing the 2017 Brunswick Blue Devil Football team.

We have our Head Coach in Mark Pinzone, as a long time fan that makes me happy. I have heard many rumors about the staff but have seen no official announcements. Does anyone have the facts?

How about players? Will most of the underclassmen from last year return, or are there some boys disgruntled about the coaching change?

Will either QB from last year step up and run the Spread Offense, or is there another option we do not know about?

What are the expectations for 2017? Last year's senior class was small, but fairly talented. I feel badly that group of young men did not get to play under the new coaching staff.

We only have 4 Home games in 2017, is that because we are setting up for a big year in 2018, or was it just the only quality opponent we could find for week 3? (@Green)
Old 03-24-17, 05:59 PM
Varsity

Green is no longer on the schedule. Replaced by a home game against Collinwood. Players are all on board with the change and the coaching staff looks to be set and ready to put in the new systems. Should be an interesting season to see how the team adapts. A lot of young players saw time last year so Brunswick should field a pretty good team. A very talented junior class should get some much needed experience this year and be ready to really make a playoff run in 2018
Old 03-25-17, 01:56 PM
All Ohio

I had not heard about the Collinwood game, I guess the new staff felt they needed a Home game.

From last year's roster I see both QBs are back, Stacho was the starter and will be a junior next year, and Zamiska was the backup and will be a senior. He was also the punter.

Vadini wasn't the starter at FB but got a lot of playing time. I thought he was too small as a FB in the Bealbone but I suspect he will do fine as a RB in the spread. Flanigan should move off the slot back in the Beal bone and be a WR in the spread. I know Beal was using him as a DB, but I would love to see Clark as a WR in the spread as well.

The O line returns 2 starters in Spickler and Kall, both were about 240 pounds. One of the major issues is getting a Center who can do the long snap.

The defense has a lot of talent coming back at LB and DB, but will need to come up with a D-line. Beal always favored small D-Linemen and it always hurt the team as the season wore on. I show Lemons, Harter, and Romano coming back at Linebacker, I always thought Harter would be better utilized at Safety or Monster Back.

I show Mooney, Lavinder, and Clark all returning as DB's.

I watched the Frosh team a couple times. A couple of players caught my eye. RB Billy McKee who also wrestled varsity at 160, and NT Eddie Sevastos who also wrestled at 220. I saw some nice size in 2 lineman, Siurek and Saris, and I saw nice speed in Hamrick and Trnka. We don't normally project rising sophomores to get much varsity playing time, but with a new system and a new coaching staff some things might happen.

So who is the new DC? I think a big part of this change will be the coaching staff's ability to evaluate the athletes, get them in the right positions, then coach them up to be successful.

Go Blue!
Old 03-26-17, 06:43 PM
All Ohio

according to the Brunswick Athletics website, the DC will be Joe Yarwood..
Old 03-28-17, 12:19 PM
All Region

Spike9 is on a distinguished road
The whole staff is online at Brunswick football.
Old 06-08-17, 10:05 AM
All Ohio

Region 2
Brunswick (Brunswick)
Delaware Hayes (Delaware)
Dublin Coffman (Dublin)
Dublin Jerome (Dublin)
Elyria (Elyria)
Findlay (Findlay)
Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna)
Lorain (Lorain)
Marysville (Marysville)
Medina (Medina)
Newark (Newark)
Olentangy (Lewis Center)
Olentangy Liberty (Powell)
Olentangy Orange (Lewis Center)
Start (Toledo)
Thomas Worthington (Worthington)
Upper Arlington (Columbus)
Westerville Central (Westerville)
Whitmer (Toledo)
Old 06-08-17, 11:01 AM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
What does schedule look like? Fill Week 3 yet?
Old 06-12-17, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What does schedule look like? Fill Week 3 yet?
our 2017-18 schedule
Aug 25. @ Highland
Sept 8. Vs Collinwood
Sept 15. vs Shaker Hts
Sept 22. @ Mentor
Sept 28. @ Solon
Oct 6. Vs Elyria
Oct 13. @ Euclid
Oct 20. @ Medina
Oct 27. Vs Strongsville
Old 06-16-17, 08:13 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwickBlueDevil View Post
our 2017-18 schedule
Aug 25. @ Highland
Sept 8. Vs Collinwood
Sept 15. vs Shaker Hts
Sept 22. @ Mentor
Sept 28. @ Solon
Oct 6. Vs Elyria
Oct 13. @ Euclid
Oct 20. @ Medina
Oct 27. Vs Strongsville
Ricky River is playing Collinwood, per an insider, on 9/8. Check with your coach/AD
Old 06-26-17, 12:58 PM
Retired

Clarity on Week 3 open week yet?
Old 08-28-17, 11:39 AM
Retired

Brunswick 2017

Aug 25. @ Highland
Sept 1. vs Austintown Fitch
Sept 8. vs Shaker Heights
Sept 22. @ Mentor
Sept 28. @ Solon
Oct 6. vs Elyria
Oct 13. @ Euclid
Oct 20. @ Medina
Oct 27. vs Strongsville
Old 08-28-17, 03:25 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Brunswick 2017

Aug 25. @ Highland
Sept 1. vs Austintown Fitch
Sept 8. vs Shaker Heights
Sept 22. @ Mentor
Sept 28. @ Solon
Oct 6. vs Elyria
Oct 13. @ Euclid
Oct 20. @ Medina
Oct 27. vs Strongsville
John Hay in week 4 not Canada
Old 08-28-17, 03:28 PM
Varsity

Just saw an updated schedule I stand corrected
Old 08-28-17, 03:38 PM
All Ohio

Brunswick has gone from playing Collinwood...to John Hay..to Canada Prep (ON) week 4!
Old 08-28-17, 08:58 PM
Retired

John Hay likely offered much better computer points. Not sure why that plan was scrapped and by who.