Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-11-17, 10:25 AM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
They are both DI. Bazelak has been doing demos/throwing for the QB coaches/recruiters from Northwestern, Wisconsin, Western Michigan, Michigan State, Ball State, Air Force, and Kentucky.
Doing a demo? That's a new one. D1 coaches are not suppose to have contact with him until his jr year unless he comes to camp. I like his potential but he had about 400 yards passing this season and did he throw the ball at all in the playoffs? I'm certain his ability to run the option means nothing to those schools. But I'd like to hear more about these demos. With the exception being Air Force. Do they have actual offers?

Last edited by Use2ball; 05-11-17 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-11-17, 10:51 AM
Varsity

Armchairqb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
Doing a demo? That's a new one. D1 coaches are not suppose to have contact with him until his jr year unless he comes to camp. I like his potential but he had about 400 yards passing this season and did he throw the ball at all in the playoffs? I'm certain his ability to run the option means nothing to those schools. But I'd like to here more about these demos. With the exception being Air Force. Do they have actual offers?
Dont kid your self and make no mistake barring something crazy all 3 of these kids are on the recruiting radar and are D1 kids.
Old 05-11-17, 11:55 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Doing a demo? That's a new one. D1 coaches are not suppose to have contact with him until his jr year unless he comes to camp. I like his potential but he had about 400 yards passing this season and did he throw the ball at all in the playoffs? I'm certain his ability to run the option means nothing to those schools. But I'd like to hear more about these demos. With the exception being Air Force. Do they have actual offers?
Nope. Doesn't mean they won't though. Bazelak played a little less than part time and is attracting lots of attention. If DI coaches are coming by every day and these kids are sophomores, it'll only be a matter of time before they get the offers. Bivens was probably one of the best running backs in the area this year. Kid ran all over the playoff teams and cruised through the regular season.
Old 05-18-17, 10:39 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Fun factoid. Guess which 3 D#3 schools have the lowest actual students enrolled at their schools? Give you a hint they are all Catholic schools and 2 played in state D#4 semifinals last year. State champ has lowest actual students enrolled. It will be interesting to see how they fare this year in D3
Old 05-18-17, 08:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac57 View Post
Fun factoid. Guess which 3 D#3 schools have the lowest actual students enrolled at their schools? Give you a hint they are all Catholic schools and 2 played in state D#4 semifinals last year. State champ has lowest actual students enrolled. It will be interesting to see how they fare this year in D3
Interesting I recently had a conversation with someone over Hartley, A very interesting conversation. I guess the lines are much wider than I thought. You get a lot of digs thrown at you when you're a GCL guy, but even I was left shaking my head.
Old 05-18-17, 08:40 PM
All Region

While on subject. Is it possible to finish your core requirements out of district and online and remain athletically eligible?
Old 05-19-17, 01:42 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While on subject. Is it possible to finish your core requirements out of district and online and remain athletically eligible?
An example like Student A does ECOT and lives in School District A but plays at District B?
Old 05-19-17, 08:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
An example like Student A does ECOT and lives in School District A but plays at District B?
Let's say a student lives beyond a reasonable commuting distance. His only physical presence in during football season.
Old 05-22-17, 03:51 PM
Freshman

xumuskie is on a distinguished road
Snivley quits at Fenwick.

Any ideas who could be candidates?
Old 05-22-17, 05:47 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xumuskie View Post
Snivley quits at Fenwick.

Any ideas who could be candidates?
Can anyone confirm this? Haven't seen anything on twitter or the Journal -News?
Old 05-22-17, 11:24 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Hear the new offensive coordinator is the new head coach. Mark Mooney? Previously the offensive coordinator at Hamilton. Can any one confirm this?

Really find this hard to believe this late in the year, but who knows.
Old 05-23-17, 07:27 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Hear the new offensive coordinator is the new head coach. Mark Mooney? Previously the offensive coordinator at Hamilton. Can any one confirm this?

Really find this hard to believe this late in the year, but who knows.
Just found out from a very reliable source that Coach Snively will be coaching at Fairfield as a line coach next season.

Not sure what led to this but I'm sure there will be something in the newspaper soon.
Old 05-23-17, 08:14 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
Just found out from a very reliable source that Coach Snively will be coaching at Fairfield as a line coach next season.

Not sure what led to this but I'm sure there will be something in the newspaper soon.
Does Snively teach at Fenwick?
Old 05-23-17, 08:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Does Snively teach at Fenwick?
He taught Phys Ed.

I cant be sure about this but it appears he has a kid that either goes to Fenwick or was enrolling at Fenwick and there may have been a misunderstanding about tuition. Dont take that to the bank but that is what I'm hearing.
Old 05-23-17, 08:44 AM
Freshman

Tbirds is on a distinguished road
As for now, Snively is remaining at Fenwick as PE teacher. His son will be freshman next year and supposedly will attend Fairfield. Snively and Fairfield HC Krause are close friends. Sounds like he wants to take a step back and watch his son play HS football. Good for him. During the offseason, Fenwick hired former Franklin HC John Aregood and former Hamilton OL coach Matt Money. They were with the team yesterday following Snively's team meeting, and during lifting session, as were some of the other asst. coaches.
Old 05-23-17, 08:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
He taught Phys Ed.

I cant be sure about this but it appears he has a kid that either goes to Fenwick or was enrolling at Fenwick and there may have been a misunderstanding about tuition. Dont take that to the bank but that is what I'm hearing.
I certainly understand tuition issues having just put my 3rd child through McNick. He can't be making a ton of cash as a PE teacher at a Private school. I know at one time it was common for teachers at Catholic schools to have their kids go for free or at a greatly reduced cost. Not sure if that happens anymore (pretty sure not @ McN).
Old 05-23-17, 09:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I certainly understand tuition issues having just put my 3rd child through McNick. He can't be making a ton of cash as a PE teacher at a Private school. I know at one time it was common for teachers at Catholic schools to have their kids go for free or at a greatly reduced cost. Not sure if that happens anymore (pretty sure not @ McN).
Well thehawg definitely respects a guy who puts watching his kid over his own personal ambitions as a head coach
Old 05-23-17, 09:12 AM
All District

20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
RUMORMILL: What's the word on Roger Bacon getting some stud RB transfer? Something about him playing in an All Star game and will be attending RB next year?
Old 05-23-17, 09:20 AM
Freshman

xumuskie is on a distinguished road
I've heard Keith Rucker mentioned as a possible candidate along with Aregood. His son goes there
Old 05-23-17, 01:43 PM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
My sources tell me that Snively signed his contract to teach next school year at Fenwick then resigned from HC. From my understanding he's not even certified to teach physical education, but you know how private schools work when it comes to that. Looks like he was smart by signing the teaching contract first then bolted from the HC job.
Old 05-23-17, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Feel bad for football players at Fenwick it is tough time to change HC. If Snively is moving on for family first have to respect him for it. Catholic schools generally do give big discount to full time teachers on tuition, that is one of the benefits of the job. Let's face it salary at Catholic school's is more about teaching the kids, spiritual culture and the faith not the pay.

If not offering a discount shame on the school, they should make every effort to make it feasible for the children of teachers to attend the school if they want to attend. I am sure the football team will pull together and have a great season. Wish the Fenwick football team and Snively the best.

Last edited by kmac57; 05-23-17 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-25-17, 10:11 AM
All American

So it appears 3 GCL-CoEd schools will have a new HC in 2017:

Badin=Nick Yordy
Purcel Marian=Dave Wirth
Fenwick= ???? (Hearing current OC???)
Old 06-08-17, 10:59 AM
Freshman

1spatrick0 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Fenwick went with John Aregood (former head coach at Franklin HS several years ago).
Old 06-08-17, 11:07 AM
Freshman

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearcoach View Post
RUMORMILL: What's the word on Roger Bacon getting some stud RB transfer? Something about him playing in an All Star game and will be attending RB next year?
kids first name is Corey Kiner, he is an absolute stud. Good size for a freshman, great spead and a beast to stop. played on the West Chester OUtlaws 8th Grade team last year.

Last edited by 2020Dad; 06-08-17 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-08-17, 11:27 AM
Freshman

Old 06-08-17, 02:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
kids first name is Corey Kiner, he is an absolute stud. Good size for a freshman, great spead and a beast to stop. played on the West Chester OUtlaws 8th Grade team last year.
I'm a GCL Coed guy. My son had a very successful run with a Coed team but I'm wondering, why if this kid is so good is he playing for D4 Roger Bacon? If its a family thing, alumni thing I get that...does he have some connection to RB?
Old 06-08-17, 02:44 PM
Freshman

not sure what the connection is but he needs to be at a powerhouse, I tried to post a youtube video but it doesnt seem to be working. put his name in youtube and you can get an idea of what he is. He is "special"
Old 06-08-17, 08:01 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Does he play basketball? Maybe that's his tie to the football program.
Old 06-09-17, 07:51 AM
All District

AHS74 is on a distinguished road
Why does he have to be at a powerhouse? If he is that good colleges will know about him. People c/o elite programs attracting/recruiting top talent, now you indicate that is the way it should be.
Old 06-09-17, 08:43 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS74 View Post
Why does he have to be at a powerhouse? If he is that good colleges will know about him. People c/o elite programs attracting/recruiting top talent, now you indicate that is the way it should be.
Doesnt have to be a power house, but if you have a stud running back as a son, I would want to try to set him up for success. He will go there start varsity as a freshman and probably play on both sides of the ball not be surrounded by the talent that you typically see at some of the better GCL schools in football. That could lead to a lot of wear and tear on a young body which can lead to injury at a young age. You can get injured at any program. With all things being somewhate comparable surrounding quality of education with the other GCL schools, there are some better options. ultimately it is the parents decision so we all do what we think is best.