Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-12-17, 01:52 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleford View Post
Which one are you?
Very good LOL.......
Old 03-13-17, 07:19 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I expect McNick to be similiar to last year 4-6, 5-5. Again they have 3 difficult OOC foes (Turpin, Anderson, Wyoming) which could put them behind with an 0-3 start. If they are going to win any of those games most likely Turpin. Probably 3-0 in GCL Central and a win against somebody in the North.
they could beat Wyoming. The Cowboys lose everyone and they had all those guys going both ways which is why they got gassed by Alter in the 2nd half in the regionals.
Old 03-13-17, 07:30 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
they could beat Wyoming. The Cowboys lose everyone and they had all those guys going both ways which is why they got gassed by Alter in the 2nd half in the regionals.
You might be right. Wyoming is usually pretty good but I don't know anything about them for 2017. McNick should have them at home which will help.
Old 03-13-17, 08:30 AM
Freshman

Big Lunch is on a distinguished road
Don't sleep on Carroll this season. Lots of young talent and strong senior class to lead the charge. I predict Carroll and Alter will share the GCL title this coming year. First playoff birth for the patriots in a long time this coming year. I foresee a 7-3, 8-2 season this year.
Old 03-13-17, 08:36 AM
Freshman

The_Polish_German is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lunch View Post
Don't sleep on Carroll this season. Lots of young talent and strong senior class to lead the charge. I predict Carroll and Alter will share the GCL title this coming year. First playoff birth for the patriots in a long time this coming year. I foresee a 7-3, 8-2 season this year.
Carroll is looking good this year, and will dominate the majority of the GCL. However, they aren't used to the league run and Alter is a contender every year. I think Carroll will have some experience in big time games to gain before making it big. Only loss this year for Carroll is Alter.
Old 03-13-17, 08:21 PM
Freshman

ricotree55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Polish_German View Post
Carroll is looking good this year, and will dominate the majority of the GCL. However, they aren't used to the league run and Alter is a contender every year. I think Carroll will have some experience in big time games to gain before making it big. Only loss this year for Carroll is Alter.
Yes, watch out for Carroll. They have a ton of talent, great coaching and a storied football history. The culture of winning is certainly at this high school!
Old 03-14-17, 09:13 AM
Junior Varsity

Wrestleorgohome91 is on a distinguished road
Is this the same Carroll? Butts was the only one I saw that had stand out talent. JV also did not look promising.
Old 03-14-17, 10:12 AM
Junior Varsity

Tailwhip56 is on a distinguished road
Carroll will be at the bottom of the North again this year. Fenwick and CJ will improve and Alter is Alter.
Old 03-14-17, 10:34 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like some GCL-CoEder's need to spend less time on Yappi and more time in their offseason programs
Old 03-15-17, 07:44 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestleorgohome91 View Post
Is this the same Carroll? Butts was the only one I saw that had stand out talent. JV also did not look promising.
Butts is a player that could get out and play DI some place but Carroll seems to not know how to make him better. He hasn't done a thing against Alter the last two years and has been pushed around.
Old 03-20-17, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

AlphaPhetaPhenwick is on a distinguished road
Carroll? C'mon guys...
Old 03-21-17, 05:14 PM
All Region

GWOCing is on a distinguished road
Carroll coming out of left field! C'mon guys, Alter and Carroll sharing the GCL Title? Get real. Fenwick, Alter, and maybe CJ in the mix. I still think this will be another Alter year.
Old 03-21-17, 07:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOCing View Post
Carroll coming out of left field! C'mon guys, Alter and Carroll sharing the GCL Title? Get real. Fenwick, Alter, and maybe CJ in the mix. I still think this will be another Alter year.
count CJ out. Until they develop some lineman that aren't marshmallows, they'll never beat Alter. Last four years they've been destroyed and can't pick up blitzes. If I recall from what my nephew told me, he said that they've had more sacks on CJ per game than against anyone else.
Old 03-23-17, 09:48 AM
Cooling Off

canofchew is on a distinguished road
I heard Alder has an incoming freshman who's 6'2 190 pounds named Richard Nolde who is an all around athlete. He comes from Incarnation and can play any position on the field. Remember the name, the kid is an absolute stud
Old 03-23-17, 01:19 PM
All District

Rusty_Shackleford is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canofchew View Post
I heard Alder has an incoming freshman who's 6'2 190 pounds named Richard Nolde who is an all around athlete. He comes from Incarnation and can play any position on the field. Remember the name, the kid is an absolute stud
Hey Richard Nolde, you might want to figure out that the school your going to next year is Alter not Alder.
Old 03-23-17, 03:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Hey Richard Nolde, you might want to figure out that the school your going to next year is Alter not Alder.
Richard Sr.?
Old 03-23-17, 03:29 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Uh now that is funny.
Old 04-25-17, 09:06 AM
Freshman

Big Lunch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canofchew View Post
This kid is a total beast. I've heard Carroll is in the mix to pick him up too. It'll be interesting to see what school he picks after all the news about Alter moving up a division due to "Competitive" Balancing.
Old 04-25-17, 11:14 AM
Varsity

FootballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lunch View Post
This kid is a total beast. I've heard Carroll is in the mix to pick him up too. It'll be interesting to see what school he picks after all the news about Alter moving up a division due to "Competitive" Balancing.
Uh, to quote Hoser, Carroll actually moved up two divisions to DII.
Old 04-25-17, 04:10 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan4Life View Post
Uh, to quote Hoser, Carroll actually moved up two divisions to DII.
Uh, nah max any team could move up is one division per those really smart guys at OSHAA.
Old 05-01-17, 08:37 AM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
I think the usual graduation/ reloading will affect Alter more than the division changes.
Old 05-01-17, 08:41 AM
All Region

I think Bivens, Trevor smith return to the backfield gives them building blocks and experience they haven't had since 2015 offensively speaking. Both looked solid in the Wyoming game.
Old 05-01-17, 12:18 PM
All Region

Alter and McNicholas
Old 05-05-17, 07:28 AM
Freshman

sportsfan300 is on a distinguished road
http://www.msrohio.com/two-alter-sophomores-to-watch/
Old 05-08-17, 06:56 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan300 View Post
Connor has a lot of tools. He's got pocket passer size, thought john should have talked more about Conner playing our scheme and what he may bring to the table. I'd like to hear more about Meyer, line is what I'm concerned about. Skill I feel good about.
Old 05-08-17, 07:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan300 View Post
Schools like McNick and probably the other Coed Central would likely not get players of this caliber. Unless they have some ties to the school (parents alumni etc) if they have D1 potential they would choose X, Moeller, Lasalle, Elder. There is not that option in Dayton so they choose the next best thing if they want a Private Catholic education, Alter.
Old 05-08-17, 07:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Schools like McNick and probably the other Coed Central would likely not get players of this caliber. Unless they have some ties to the school (parents alumni etc) if they have D1 potential they would choose X, Moeller, Lasalle, Elder. There is not that option in Dayton so they choose the next best thing if they want a Private Catholic education, Alter.
I won't call these kids D1 kids, I think he made a stop and liked what he saw. I think all the coed has their positive and negatives. In the Dayton area you have multiple gcl coed to battle for with kids, but the D1 caliber kids in our area will look at the big boys of the gwoc first. We develope more with less.
Old 05-08-17, 07:58 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
I won't call these kids D1 kids, I think he made a stop and liked what he saw. I think all the coed has their positive and negatives. In the Dayton area you have multiple gcl coed to battle for with kids, but the D1 caliber kids in our area will look at the big boys of the gwoc first. We develope more with less.
Alter has had more kids go to D1 schools in the past 3 years then McNick has had in 20 years. Since I started paying attention 8 years ago when my oldest started at McNick they have had one kid go to a D1 school as a long snapper. Some of Alters success might be development but I think they get some pretty strong kids walk in the door.
Old 05-08-17, 08:22 AM
All Region

Quote:
Alter has had more kids go to D1 schools in the past 3 years then McNick has had in 20 years. Since I started paying attention 8 years ago when my oldest started at McNick they have had one kid go to a D1 school as a long snapper. Some of Alters success might be development but I think they get some pretty strong kids walk in the door.
Without a doubt you are correct. You have to have that foundation. But I do think a historically strong program does a lot of its own recruiting. Kids want to win and if your goal is to be apart of a strong gcl program in Dayton chances are you lean towards Alter.
Old 05-11-17, 09:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
They are both DI. Bazelak has been doing demos/throwing for the QB coaches/recruiters from Northwestern, Wisconsin, Western Michigan, Michigan State, Ball State, Air Force, and Kentucky.