Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-29-16, 09:50 AM
All District

Rusty_Shackleford is on a distinguished road
GCL Coed 2017

Thought I would start the off season thread.

Hopefully last year was rock bottom for the league.

What do you guys think/like to see?

Badin surprisingly let go of Tenore.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-16, 11:00 AM
Junior Varsity

Tailwhip56 is on a distinguished road
I think Fenwick will be back in contention with Alter for the title. Their Junior and Sophomore classes are good.
Old 11-29-16, 11:46 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Alter returns very good juniors and plenty of sophomore studs including a quarterback that will be someone that will make a name for himself. I think Fenwick will be #2 and these juniors and sophomores both beat Fenwick by 40 as freshmen.
Old 11-29-16, 01:02 PM
Junior Varsity

Wrestleorgohome91 is on a distinguished road
Cj loses very few starters. I honestly see them beating Fenwick 2017(if the o and d line can get better at assignments/technique over the summer). Alter stays on top (reloading year like 2015). Carroll is going to be down for the next couple of years.

as in the central. I see PM and Badin on top. The Rockets lose Haynes and Carmonsino which will hurt greatly with not a strong o-line. Bacon loses #3 who I saw basically do everything for them.
Old 11-29-16, 01:16 PM
Freshman

canofchew is on a distinguished road
Alder is gonna have that brickwall middle backer (Alden Simms) coming back.
Old 11-29-16, 02:16 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Surprised Tenore is out at Badin too. Any thoughts on who would replace him?

As far as next year, Alter should be good but lose some excellent seniors, offense line and D line will need to have kids step up. BH loss still hurts.

CJ could have a good year agree with other poster, think they need stronger line play to make it happen.

McNick? not sure do not know what upcoming classes bring,.

Fenwick will be in the hunt, they were young last year and came on as a team at year end.

Carroll are trending in right direction but losing some key seniors
Old 11-30-16, 03:37 PM
Junior Varsity

AlphaPhetaPhenwick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canofchew View Post
Alder is gonna have that brickwall middle backer (Alden Simms) coming back.
Here we go again with an Alter linebacker.. Is he the new Reuth now that he's gone? Is he the next Borland too? Lol. Fenwick has the best linebacker coming back ,but the OC had his way and put him on the o line. That's right I'll take #55 Durham. Comes from a great bloodline dad won a state championship at Moe , two brothers play D1 ball. They have a little cousin who might be leaving sycamore for Fenwick, heard he's the best yet. I just wanna know what their mother feeds these big boys...

Last edited by AlphaPhetaPhenwick; 11-30-16 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-30-16, 04:34 PM
Varsity

Armchairqb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPhetaPhenwick View Post
Here we go again with an Alter linebacker.. Is he the new Reuth now that he's gone? Is he the next Borland too? Lol. Fenwick has the best linebacker coming back ,but the OC had his way and put him on the o line. That's right I'll take #55 Durham. Comes from a great bloodline dad won a state championship at Moe , two brothers play D1 ball. They have a little cousin who might be leaving sycamore for Fenwick, heard he's the best yet. I just wanna know what their mother feeds these big boys...
Hard to believe that the best LB on A team would be moved to OL might explain The Falcons poor year. Why did he play both ways? IMO Simms Alter's best LB this year and will be next.
Old 11-30-16, 09:00 PM
All District

Gunfire09 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPhetaPhenwick View Post
Wheaties and Red Bull 4locco!
Old 12-01-16, 11:03 AM
All American

Fun2Bme
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
I think this is too early. Two schools, maybe eventually more are looking for new coaches. Kids leave, transfer in, etc. throughout the year. I think Alter, like every season, should go in as the favorite but they are the exception. I'm sure Badin has an A-list of candidates, I know Purcell has a list of HC candidates that include HC's who have won state championships and college national championships.
Old 12-01-16, 11:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Bme View Post
I think this is too early. Two schools, maybe eventually more are looking for new coaches. Kids leave, transfer in, etc. throughout the year. I think Alter, like every season, should go in as the favorite but they are the exception. I'm sure Badin has an A-list of candidates, I know Purcell has a list of HC candidates that include HC's who have won state championships and college national championships.
such as?
Old 12-01-16, 11:12 AM
All American

Fun2Bme
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
such as?
In due time.
Old 12-01-16, 11:24 AM
Freshman

sportsfan300 is on a distinguished road
Alter returns a lot of players. Weakness seems to be o-line and d-line though.
Old 12-01-16, 12:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan300 View Post
Alter returns a lot of players. Weakness seems to be o-line and d-line though.
O-line was all seniors however, there are three juniors who saw plenty of playing time and there are a couple of big boy sophomores that will step up next year as juniors and start
Old 12-01-16, 12:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Homan, the junior pretty sure started 5 or more games due to an injury at center. Its Alter... and they are loading up all of their weapons once again. But I do see closer games for them in 2017.
Old 12-01-16, 02:09 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestleorgohome91 View Post
Homan, the junior pretty sure started 5 or more games due to an injury at center. Its Alter... and they are loading up all of their weapons once again. But I do see closer games for them in 2017.
they should be just as good honestly
Old 12-02-16, 03:02 PM
All District

If I were a coaching looking for a job I would obviously look at Badin before PM
Old 02-01-17, 10:34 AM
Freshman

What is Fenwick looking like this upcoming season??
Old 02-01-17, 01:05 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan300 View Post
What is Fenwick looking like this upcoming season??
I'm sure the Fightin Snivelys will be formidable
Old 02-01-17, 01:12 PM
Junior Varsity

CJs big offensive tackle 6'3 270 pounder transferred to trotwood last week.

Meaning Cj will only be returning 2 offensive lineman. Also meaning in their defense 3 front, all d lineman will be starting both ways.
Old 02-01-17, 01:19 PM
All District

WHATS_the_MML? is on a distinguished road
Talking to their OC of late, Fenwick should be back in the playoffs. A name you will soon hear a lot is a Jr. RB Jack Fessler. The kid has wheels.
Old 02-02-17, 09:00 PM
All Region

GWOCing is on a distinguished road
Alter returns 3 linebackers, I would have to imagine they will be making an impact.
Old 02-07-17, 11:12 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOCing View Post
Alter returns 3 linebackers, I would have to imagine they will be making an impact.
# 6, Alden Simms is coming back next year and he was their leading tackler
Old 02-21-17, 10:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Tailwhip56 is on a distinguished road
Fenwick OC

Just heard that the OC for Fenwick is coaching at Lakota East next season. Whos taking the reigns next year for the falcons? Maybe go back to the Wing-T?
Old 02-23-17, 11:02 AM
All District

WHATS_the_MML? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwhip56 View Post
Just heard that the OC for Fenwick is coaching at Lakota East next season. Whos taking the reigns next year for the falcons? Maybe go back to the Wing-T?
That's probably for the best right? Who will replace him? Have they brought anyone in yet?
Old 03-10-17, 08:47 AM
Freshman

Big Lunch is on a distinguished road
All this talk going around about Fenwick, Alter, and CJ. I personally see Carroll stepping up big (lunch) and taking the GCL COED this year. They have a bunch of young talent. Will Severt and Patrick Keller are an unstoppable duo. Also, look for Tommy Lowe to go both ways this coming season. Guy is a player. He's starting to look a little bit like that David Rueth Alter had this past season. Also with the return of Dominic Fernandez this season the D-Line will be much improved. It was so tough to watch him go down with that ACL injury last year. I guess we will see how good of a job the surgeon did when he is back in action this season. Pressure is on the HC at Carroll this coming season. Seems like he is in the hot seat with the AD unhappy with their performances the past 2 seasons.
Old 03-10-17, 03:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lunch View Post
All this talk going around about Fenwick, Alter, and CJ. I personally see Carroll stepping up big (lunch) and taking the GCL COED this year. They have a bunch of young talent. Will Severt and Patrick Keller are an unstoppable duo. Also, look for Tommy Lowe to go both ways this coming season. Guy is a player. He's starting to look a little bit like that David Rueth Alter had this past season. Also with the return of Dominic Fernandez this season the D-Line will be much improved. It was so tough to watch him go down with that ACL injury last year. I guess we will see how good of a job the surgeon did when he is back in action this season. Pressure is on the HC at Carroll this coming season. Seems like he is in the hot seat with the AD unhappy with their performances the past 2 seasons.
Which one are you?
Old 03-12-17, 01:31 AM
Varsity

Armchairqb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All this talk going around about Fenwick, Alter, and CJ. I personally see Carroll stepping up big (lunch) and taking the GCL COED this year. They have a bunch of young talent. Will Severt and Patrick
are an unstoppable duo. Also, look for Tommy Lowe to go both ways this coming season. Guy is a player. He's starting to look a little bit like that David Rueth Alter had this past season. Also with the return of Dominic Fernandez this season the D-Line will be much improved. It was so tough to watch him go down with that ACL injury last year. I guess we will see how good of a job the surgeon did when he is back in action this season. Pressure is on the HC at Carroll this coming season. Seems like he is in the hot seat with the AD unhappy with their performances the past 2 seasons.
GCL North
2017 predictios
Alter 42 CJ 13
Alter 45 Fenwick 14
Alter 49 Carroll 7
Alter JV eill give up 20 points in these 3 games.
Old 03-12-17, 12:25 PM
All American

Quote:
lol
Old 03-12-17, 01:15 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I expect McNick to be similiar to last year 4-6, 5-5. Again they have 3 difficult OOC foes (Turpin, Anderson, Wyoming) which could put them behind with an 0-3 start. If they are going to win any of those games most likely Turpin. Probably 3-0 in GCL Central and a win against somebody in the North.