Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-09-17, 11:56 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Green Bulldogs getting field resurfaced

Green is getting their turf field resurfaced for the 2017 season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170609_124328.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1656   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170609_123952.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1657  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-17, 06:36 PM
All Region

chito is on a distinguished road
Nice. The old stuff looked pretty worn down.
Old 06-10-17, 01:30 PM
Go Buckeyes

Haven't been there for a while but I remember the turf going in over a decade ago. It's a shame that with the cost, it doesn't last a little longer.
Old 06-10-17, 02:00 PM
All Region

It was 10 years old I believe. It gets a lot of use though with football on it every day, boys and girls soccer and boys and girls lacrosse and who knows what else.
Old 06-11-17, 01:24 PM
Go Buckeyes

That sounds about right. When they upgraded the stadium, they did a great job. Plenty of good seats to watch football from both sides of the field.
Old 06-11-17, 03:14 PM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Now if they can just fill Week 2 or reconcile with Riverside
Old 06-11-17, 05:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Now if they can just fill Week 2 or reconcile with Riverside
They have.
Old 06-13-17, 02:13 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, they have had a great facility for 10 years now, it is time they put a product on the field that lives up to its facilities. Too many spoiled kids in Green to be really good. Plus, they had to go and get in the FED, which will beat them up even more each year.
Old 06-15-17, 12:06 PM
All Region

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Jackson just won the state title in both basketball and baseball, Hudson has been pretty solid in football the past few years, are Green kids more spoiled than those communities? It makes for a good story but I don't believe they are. Its simply that they just don't have the talent lately. They seem to be able to compete in a sport here and there but not overall and yes the Fed is tough but the kids will start seeing what needs done there to compete and will have to step up. I just don't see them having the overall numbers and talent for football just yet. The last 2 years they competed well, especially last year but then the bottom falls out in towards the end of the 3rd and 4th quarters. The community is still growing so hopefully they get better numbers.
Old 06-15-17, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Some communities just don't seem to be football communities. The school's big enough that it ought to have some uptick in talent every once and a while, but Green has been a model of mediocrity for some time.

Jackson is even more perplexing than Green. Athletes everywhere yet persistently bad or average football squads.
Old 06-15-17, 02:53 PM
All District

Green didn't compete in football on an annual basis in the former Suburban League, which was nowhere near as tough physically as the Fed is. They like to claim it is for logistics why they joined the Fed, but they will be looking to leave again within 3-4 years. Football -wise, there are too many physical teams for Green. Basketball, Jackson has owned it recently. Baseball, Jackson again. Hoover has been there too. Green just doesn't have an in with the male sports. They will be begging shortly to get back in the SL.
Old 06-15-17, 03:33 PM
All World

oldline70
My, how times have changed. I admit I'm close to a million years old-I went to high school in the late 1970s-but back then Green had a very good football program which used to be in the running for, or winning, the SL championship nearly every year. Times change, demographics change-it's weird to me how up is down and down is up these days. Marty Rogers? Ty Grady? Anyhow...
Old 06-16-17, 06:59 AM
All District

Don't get me wrong, I think Green is a great community with a great school system, I just think that the $$$ that has moved into the area over the past 2 decades has really changed the makeup of the kids. You will have the every once in while classes where the kids stick together and come through the ranks, but overall, a bit soft. Plus, they do lose quite a few to Hoban, which I am certain doesn't help their cause.
Old 06-16-17, 08:58 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Ball View Post
Plus, they do lose quite a few to Hoban, which I am certain doesn't help their cause.
This plus there are a couple coaches in other sports advising kids to concentrate on their sport. If things are to change at least one of those two things has to change first.
Old 06-16-17, 01:04 PM
All Region

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
This plus there are a couple coaches in other sports advising kids to concentrate on their sport. If things are to change at least one of those two things has to change first.
We just had a kid play QB, starting 2 guard, and starter in baseball, coaches can advise all they want but if the kid wants to play multiple sports they can and do. I have never noticed kids that truly wanted to play 2 or 3 sports quit because of the pressure from a coach. Once again Green just doesn't have the numbers of kids coming out that it takes to compete at a higher level. The ones that are playing I don't consider soft just wore out in the second half, but heh, whatever.
Old 06-16-17, 01:45 PM
All District

Agree on the multiple sport thing 100%. These kids have to realize, that for 95% of them, they have only these few years to play sports. If a kid is in his senior year, has a scholarship for a sport locked up in a different sport and doesn't want to risk an injury or just enjoy themselves, I understand, but to have a coach pressuring them to not play another sport and to "specialize", THAT is BS. ANy coach I had always pushed us to play other sports for multiple reasons, primarily because student-athletes tend to do better in school while involved in a sport because of the demands on their time and their limited free time to get lazy; it helps them become a much more well-rounded athlete, and that these are the years they can actually enjoy the games with their classmates and friends.
Old 06-16-17, 06:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
We just had a kid play QB, starting 2 guard, and starter in baseball, coaches can advise all they want but if the kid wants to play multiple sports they can and do. I have never noticed kids that truly wanted to play 2 or 3 sports quit because of the pressure from a coach. Once again Green just doesn't have the numbers of kids coming out that it takes to compete at a higher level. The ones that are playing I don't consider soft just wore out in the second half, but heh, whatever.
Yes you did, and he was good at all three. I understand that Green even has a special award for three sport athletes but some coaches aren't fuly on board with that concept.
Old 06-17-17, 04:33 PM
Junior Varsity

cinco is on a distinguished road
Like who?
Old 06-19-17, 12:50 PM
All District

IN my experience, it is usually the basketball coaches who don't like the hoopers playing multiple sports. They like to keep them to themselves. But I don't know about the situation at Green, I just know they have had a few nice teams in the past few years in hoop. They must have some ballahs!!!
Old 06-20-17, 09:57 AM
Go Black and Gold!

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
I'm looking forward to our week 2 trip to Green and see the new turf! It's been a long time since we've seen a team from the Fed (GlenOak in late 90s/early 00s and Boardman in early 00s) and we haven't faired well.