Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-17, 09:32 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
congrats to incoming junior QB Connor Bazelak from Alter picking up an SEC offer from Kentucky. Alter is going to be very good this year. Senior running back has been picking up several DII offers, the MLB has 2 DI offers already, the FS and other underclassmen are being recruited by various B10 schools.
Old 06-13-17, 07:35 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
congrats to incoming junior QB Connor Bazelak from Alter picking up an SEC offer from Kentucky. Alter is going to be very good this year. Senior running back has been picking up several DII offers, the MLB has 2 DI offers already, the FS and other underclassmen are being recruited by various B10 schools.
Are you talking about Bivens? He is a junior. Not as close to program.Is there a senior RB picking up DII offers? Skill positions are strong, but worry about the offensive and defensive line. Will be interesting year going into DIII division. Can't wait for football season.
Old 06-13-17, 07:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac57 View Post
Are you talking about Bivens? He is a junior. Not as close to program.Is there a senior RB picking up DII offers? Skill positions are strong, but worry about the offensive and defensive line. Will be interesting year going into DIII division. Can't wait for football season.
senior RB Trevor Smith, a three year starter, has offers from Mount Union, Ashland, ODU, and a couple of others. O-line will be fresh, same with the interior d-line. Plenty of big boys on the team. Domsitz will have them ready to go...
Old 06-13-17, 09:32 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
If I'm not mistaken didn't Alter just lose a class of over 30 seniors? I'm pretty certain they didn't field a freshman team either? For most schools (not named Alter) that would be a tough situation to be fired up about
Old 06-13-17, 11:54 AM
All District

20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Doesnt have to be a power house, but if you have a stud running back as a son, I would want to try to set him up for success. He will go there start varsity as a freshman and probably play on both sides of the ball not be surrounded by the talent that you typically see at some of the better GCL schools in football. That could lead to a lot of wear and tear on a young body which can lead to injury at a young age. You can get injured at any program. With all things being somewhate comparable surrounding quality of education with the other GCL schools, there are some better options. ultimately it is the parents decision so we all do what we think is best.
RB has some good colleges looking at their players. Blaut promotes these kids and has them excel in the classroom. Probably not the school I would of picked but not a bad choice to get all the playing time he wants from day one.
Old 06-13-17, 12:25 PM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Regardless of where the kid is D1-D6 it depends who's in front of you. If he goes to a program that has a jr or sr that may not be a record breaker but a solid ncaa 2-3 RB recruit a freshman will not be prepared to over take him due to maturity alone, even if the kid is ready to play and contribute he could still find himself with limited opportunities.
Old 06-13-17, 12:26 PM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Exciting season for the Knights! A lot of firepower!
Old 06-14-17, 07:46 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
If I'm not mistaken didn't Alter just lose a class of over 30 seniors? I'm pretty certain they didn't field a freshman team either? For most schools (not named Alter) that would be a tough situation to be fired up about
Their senior class right now isn't particularly too big but they have about 12 players including several DI recruits that will be very good. Junior class is loaded and is very big. Yes they didn't have a frosh team, but they will this year with about 23 including a frosh who benched 285 at liftathon.
Old 06-15-17, 12:38 PM
All Ohio

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Fenwick update

Fenwick will name interim head coach after Snively's resignation

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...K84F9MBZwm8PN/
Old 06-15-17, 01:26 PM
Junior Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Fenwick will name interim head coach after Snively's resignation

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...K84F9MBZwm8PN/
I thought the coach had already been announced at Fenwick.
Old 06-17-17, 12:28 PM
All American

QB Bazelak picked up another another from Toledo yesterday
Old 06-20-17, 03:42 PM
Junior Varsity

GclKing is on a distinguished road
If Fenwick has a chance to dethrone Alter it will be this year. Next few years not looking bright for the Falcons.
Old 06-20-17, 03:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GclKing View Post
If Fenwick has a chance to dethrone Alter it will be this year. Next few years not looking bright for the Falcons.
It won't be
Old 06-26-17, 03:36 PM
All Ohio

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Aregood Now Leading Fenwick

Fenwick makes it official: Aregood is interim head football coach

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/h...3EOLCKDV8Wz0K/

Last edited by SouthwestOhioGuy17; 06-27-17 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 03:20 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Good decision by Fenwick. Coach Aregood is a class act.
Old 07-01-17, 06:54 PM
All World

jwuerth is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure PM is losing their top RB. Going to a public school with a very good football pedigree
Old 07-02-17, 11:03 AM
All American

Is he the one playing basketball too? Heard from a good coaching friend of mine that Purcell lost a pretty good basketball player as well
Old 07-11-17, 09:34 PM
All World

jwuerth is on a distinguished road
Much better at baseball than hoops.
Old 07-14-17, 11:28 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Started thread about this but probably better fits here:

The City of Cincinnati has set the hearing date for Archbishop McNicholas High School’s request for a conditional variance for lights for the stadium. McNicholas needs as many supporters as possible to attend this meeting at the Hearing Examiners office downtown. This will be important for our ability to succeed with our initiative. Hearing Date: Wednesday, July 26 at 1:30 p.m. Hearing Location: 805 Central Avenue, Suite 500, Cincinnati, OH 45202 Reference Request: Archbishop McNicholas High School requests conditional use approval to construct lighting at the stadium on the property, variances from height regulations to construct the associated light poles, and any other related relief required under the Zoning Code.

My understanding is McNick has the funds to get the lights installed. Hopefully this foolishness will end and they will be able to install the lights. I expect this could be done in time for the Anderson home game (second game of the season). I wish them luck . I was hoping my last child would get to play her Sr year of soccer under the lights. This started when my son was a Sophomore and he will be a College JR in the Fall.
Old 07-14-17, 12:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Started thread about this but probably better fits here:

The City of Cincinnati has set the hearing date for Archbishop McNicholas High School’s request for a conditional variance for lights for the stadium. McNicholas needs as many supporters as possible to attend this meeting at the Hearing Examiners office downtown. This will be important for our ability to succeed with our initiative. Hearing Date: Wednesday, July 26 at 1:30 p.m. Hearing Location: 805 Central Avenue, Suite 500, Cincinnati, OH 45202 Reference Request: Archbishop McNicholas High School requests conditional use approval to construct lighting at the stadium on the property, variances from height regulations to construct the associated light poles, and any other related relief required under the Zoning Code.

My understanding is McNick has the funds to get the lights installed. Hopefully this foolishness will end and they will be able to install the lights. I expect this could be done in time for the Anderson home game (second game of the season). I wish them luck . I was hoping my last child would get to play her Sr year of soccer under the lights. This started when my son was a Sophomore and he will be a College JR in the Fall.
McNicholas is my favorite GCL Coed field in the league. Nice venue and has been great to watch my nephews play there. I still have one left at Alter, so hopefully next year when Alter is on the road, it'll be on Friday night. Wishing the best that McNicholas can get it done.
Old 07-14-17, 12:25 PM
All World

McNick has made more improvements since you last visited. Entry way upgraded, better bathroom and snack bar facilities. Its been a process.
Old 07-17-17, 10:11 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
senior RB Trevor Smith, a three year starter, has offers from Mount Union, Ashland, ODU, and a couple of others. O-line will be fresh, same with the interior d-line. Plenty of big boys on the team. Domsitz will have them ready to go...
Just heard Trevor Smith is leaving Alter to go to Fairborn. Do not know any details, but know he is great kid and wish him well.
Old 07-18-17, 09:45 AM
Freshman

KAP'N KRUNCH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac57 View Post
Just heard Trevor Smith is leaving Alter to go to Fairborn. Do not know any details, but know he is great kid and wish him well.
Wow, wasn't he elected a captain for this upcoming season.
Old 07-19-17, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
McNick has made more improvements since you last visited. Entry way upgraded, better bathroom and snack bar facilities. Its been a process.
Hope they can finally get the lights done. Penn Station Stadium would look great with the lights on and those those trees in the west end zone in the background.

As for the Alter RB. Maybe the financial strain of a 9k tuition bill caught up to the family. It happens. Wish him the best.
Old 07-19-17, 08:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
Hope they can finally get the lights done. Penn Station Stadium would look great with the lights on and those those trees in the west end zone in the background.

As for the Alter RB. Maybe the financial strain of a 9k tuition bill caught up to the family. It happens. Wish him the best.
I can promise you it wasn't because of that...
Old 07-19-17, 09:41 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post

Trevor Smith who was on scholarship at Alter left due to his mother's health. She could no longer make the two 70 mile round trips a day to Alter and is going to have to have another surgery in the near future. Supposedly he is only 1 or 2 credits from being able to graduate and Fairborn HS a STEM school also offers College Credit Plus so he can get college credits in high school in addition to checking out the Engineering & Bio-medical fields through the schools collaboration with WSU and WPAFB.
Old 07-19-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Trevor Smith who was on scholarship at Alter left due to his mother's health. She could no longer make the two 70 mile round trips a day to Alter and is going to have to have another surgery in the near future. Supposedly he is only 1 or 2 credits from being able to graduate and Fairborn HS a STEM school also offers College Credit Plus so he can get college credits in high school in addition to checking out the Engineering & Bio-medical fields through the schools collaboration with WSU and WPAFB.
you can't be on scholarship.... I bet your the guy in charge of the Fairborn Operations social media page on twitter though...
Old 07-19-17, 02:06 PM
All World

Quote:
you can't be on scholarship.... I bet your the guy in charge of the Fairborn Operations social media page on twitter though...
Is it 35 miles from Fairborn to Alter? Its 54 miles from Anderson Twp. The scholarship thing threw me as well.
Old 07-19-17, 04:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Just repeating what I was told. He didn't have to pay to go to Alter due to his mothers low income from what I was told, so for lack of a better word I guess they used the word/term scholarship. I know the guy that runs their Football Operations site pretty well. Fairborn has several nice twitter sites for getting information out and promoting their students including that one.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 07-19-17 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 04:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Is it 35 miles from Fairborn to Alter? Its 54 miles from Anderson Twp. The scholarship thing threw me as well.
I think she was driving more like 45 miles round trip(90 a day) from the area she lived in my opinion. Depends on the route chosen. Still a long way & time consuming if your not in good health & working around doctors appointments etc.