Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-17, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
North Canton Hoover Football

Anyone have any predictions this year? This will be Coach Baum's 3rd year and they got better last year. I know they lost a lot on Defense, but they have some talent coming back on the offensive side of the ball. According to people I've talked to the QB has some DI offers from MAC schools and they have a Jr O Lineman getting some MAC looks as well.
The league will be hard as always. I know they play Brush and East again this year so that is 2 non league wins. Louisville is always a good game. I don't know who the 4th game is with. I like to see them bring back CCC on the schedule.
The biggest bright spot I've seen is the freshman class, extremely talented group, they've had success in football, basketball and baseball. Hopefully it will carry over to the high school levels.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-17, 11:09 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
I like to see them bring back CCC on the schedule.
Bishop Hartley is coming up week 9. Close enough!
Old 06-12-17, 11:18 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't pencil Akron East in as a win. They were a playoff team last year and there has been talk on here that some kids have left Hoban and gone to East. I'm thinking about skipping Louisville v Fitch in week 3 and going to Hoover v East instead.
Old 06-12-17, 12:16 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I wouldn't pencil Akron East in as a win. They were a playoff team last year and there has been talk on here that some kids have left Hoban and gone to East. I'm thinking about skipping Louisville v Fitch in week 3 and going to Hoover v East instead.
Hoover by 40. You are welcome.
Old 06-12-17, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Bishop Hartley is coming up week 9. Close enough!
That will be a tough test, which is good.
Old 06-12-17, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
East graduated some key pieces from last year's team, but anything is possible. Maybe they'll draw some talent from other areas of the city as well.
East got a lot better over the 3 years that Canton CC played them from 2013-2015, so I'd like to see East build on last season's accomplishments.

As for Hoover's week 9 matchup with Hartley, you've probably seen them play before, but you better be able to stop the run on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down if you want to beat them. They'll try to beat you up physically, but playing them can be mentally taxing as well.
Old 06-12-17, 02:40 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Hoover by 40. You are welcome.
You giving me those points?
Old 06-12-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
You giving me those points?
Last year was the best East team in decades...it was 30-0 before East had a 1st down I believe. Sure it's a new year....but Hoover wins comfortably again.
Old 06-12-17, 10:59 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Hoover's had 1 winning season, since 2010, why are you expecting such a powerhouse this season ? No disrespect, just curious.
Old 06-13-17, 08:08 AM
All Ohio

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
Hoover's had 1 winning season, since 2010, why are you expecting such a powerhouse this season ? No disrespect, just curious.
No one's claiming powerhouse. Anyone can beat anyone, and East is definitely improving. But if I had to set a line for that game it'd be Hoover -21, at least.

As far as the Vikings in general go -- they're definitely getting to where they need to be offensively, and I expect they'll have that unit operating efficiently with the experience the QB has and talented players returning. They're going to have to do something defensively though. They haven't done well against teams with multiple rushing threats in recent years, although last year they did shutout Green and played their best defensive game of the season against McKinley before busted special teams plays buried them. If there is continued improvement defensively, I like them at around 7 wins. But if they regress, it'll probably be another .500 or lower affair with a tough schedule from week 4 onward.
Old 06-13-17, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
Powerhouse no. Playoff team absolutely.

3 year starting QB, Baums program should be established in year 3. No excuse to win less than 7.
Old 06-13-17, 10:55 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Last year was the best East team in decades...it was 30-0 before East had a 1st down I believe. Sure it's a new year....but Hoover wins comfortably again.
I still don't know if I'm getting the points or not. LOL.
Old 06-13-17, 05:26 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Gotcha. Best of luck, be nice to see someone give Perry and McK a run for their money. If GlenOak and Lake field good teams, should be 1 hell of a season, in the Fed.
Old 06-15-17, 09:29 AM
Varsity

Money Ball is on a distinguished road
Akron East won't be a pushover, but they probably wont have the depth to play with Hoover for 4 quarters. They lost a lot of offensive weapons in their RB and a receiver, but they loved to pound it, like I do, and word on the streets is that they are getting some decent transfers from Kenmore, Garfield and even Hoban
Old 06-15-17, 04:53 PM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
No one's claiming powerhouse. Anyone can beat anyone, and East is definitely improving. But if I had to set a line for that game it'd be Hoover -21, at least.

As far as the Vikings in general go -- they're definitely getting to where they need to be offensively, and I expect they'll have that unit operating efficiently with the experience the QB has and talented players returning. They're going to have to do something defensively though. They haven't done well against teams with multiple rushing threats in recent years, although last year they did shutout Green and played their best defensive game of the season against McKinley before busted special teams plays buried them. If there is continued improvement defensively, I like them at around 7 wins. But if they regress, it'll probably be another .500 or lower affair with a tough schedule from week 4 onward.
this is it in a nutshell. offense will have plenty of weapons, but will they have the thumpers? I'm going with 7-3 and a win over the Jax cupcakes
Old 06-15-17, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
this is it in a nutshell. offense will have plenty of weapons, but will they have the thumpers? I'm going with 7-3 and a win over the Jax cupcakes
Hoover's secondary has been another strong point in recent years, they've just been in the wrong league for it with Wakefield coming back plus GO & McK. The Vikings' path to the postseason is probably going to have to run through a win over one of those teams. My money is on Hoover downing GlenOak with Elijah Ladson departing.

And if any Jackson coaches are lurking, just give that 450 lb. lineman the ball and a big headstart. Temper Palotta's audition for UMass QB for one game. No more problems against NCH.
Old 06-20-17, 02:47 PM
Freshman

Ohhighschoolfb is on a distinguished road
How can North Canton Hoover possibly be so bad at football lately? The alumni and boosters have to be hiding there heads in shame. They have looked like a legitimate D5 team the past few years.
Old 06-22-17, 07:43 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Ohhschoolfb, I think that a lot North Canton people would agree that is has been a major lack of talent. If you think about it the best player on last year's team was from Fredricktown and this year's best player the QB didn't come till he was a soph. This year will be better. In the next few years there will be a major upswing in talent. I think you'll see Football and Basketball makes some big improvements overall.
Sounds like Baum made some changes to his coaching staff. I think this year GlenOak and McKinley will be good. But I wouldn't count out Perry either.