Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-09-17, 06:49 PM
All American

SVillegrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
The new drawing shows the field back to back with the existing gym.How can it be more cost effective to excavate a new site which is a parking lot and needed for exit space for the gym.Install the entire infrastructure running track etc,etc.New lighting press box,etc,etc.Rather than modify or build the agreed upon plan that voters VOTED ON AND APPROVED.The parking would be completely ridiculous.Then excavate and tear out the existing field.I notice they show a practice field in the drawing.Like the stadium jumped from one side of the field to the other and landed in the parking lot.Typical Euclid cluster *u%k.Where will the new parking go?Up against the houses that line the current visiters side.Those homeowners will love that.Walk even farther to the school for basketball parking.The idea looks silly.Hope they don't build that mistake.Now pay more consultants 6 figures to modify the plan to the point its nowhere near what was VOTED UPON.Sounded to good and to awesome to be true when I saw the propaganda....ooops...I mean original rendition.Glad I told the administration at the Euclid Glenville game that this will never get built cuz this city cant get out of its own way.How about getting Lincoln Electric to show Euclid some love.Strongsville,North Royalton,and Mentor have corporate donors. Maybe if they would lower the tax rate from 2.85% and attract some industry fix the renter sec.8 crap they could MAYBE fix this kind of crap.A marina? How is that coming along?
I have no dog in the fight, but what if the parking is moved between the stadium and the new soccer/practice fields are moved closest to the street that now abuts the visitors side of the stadium. Would that really be a huge deal?

Walking around the stadium won't be as ideal as it is now during the winter for basketball games, but it's not like you are moving a new lot 1/2 mile away, it will just be at the other side of the stadium.

Overall, that looks like a great stadium. I personally would take a shorter horseshoe stadium over one with a huge home side and a smaller-to-miniscule visitors side (see pretty much every stadium in greater Cleveland). If this gets done like the renderings show, I think it's bye-bye Byers and Bedford and hello Euclid for any big playoff game in Cuyahoga County if there is an east-side school involved.

EDIT: From looking at the renderings, it shows the practice field directly next (east) of the stadium. Just move that to the furthest eastern portion of school property and I don't see an in issue ... Essentially moving east from 222nd Street (the physical HS building), you would have HS/football stadium/parking lot/practice field/232nd Street....

As it is now, you have HS/parking lot/practice field/football stadium/232nd Street.

Last edited by SVillegrad; 05-09-17 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 08:55 PM
All Region

James x2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The parking lost by that stadium being moved into the existing parking lot might not be replaced by a new lot.That makes it ridiculous.If they do add parking then it can work.
Old 05-11-17, 11:10 PM
All American

SVillegrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
The parking lost by that stadium being moved into the existing parking lot might not be replaced by a new lot.That makes it ridiculous.If they do add parking then it can work.
From looking at a map of the land they are working with, I don't see why parking would need to eliminated (just shifted)

But I also don't know what the people in Euclid are thinking, lol.
Old 05-12-17, 07:44 AM
All Region

eucwrestler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVillegrad View Post
From looking at a map of the land they are working with, I don't see why parking would need to eliminated (just shifted)

But I also don't know what the people in Euclid are thinking, lol.
As one of those people in Euclid, I am saving my opinion on the renovations until it is finished. Its a wait and see thing for me.
Old 05-12-17, 08:09 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
The visiting end is completely gone and the excavator and bulldozer are waiting to be used for the next tear out which is the track and the grass field.
Old 05-16-17, 03:23 PM
All American

Tearing out the visiting bleachers support beams foundation, goal posts and grass today.
Old 05-16-17, 10:16 PM
All Region

James x2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thank you for the picture updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Tearing out the visiting bleachers support beams foundation, goal posts and grass today.
keep posting if you can.
Old 05-17-17, 11:20 AM
All American

Euclid's DiBiasio Stadium renovations

Grass is all ripped out and a mountain of dirt and sod is all that is left of the playing surface is at midfield also a new pathway is being made north of the practice field.
Old 05-18-17, 03:53 PM
All American

Not much done on the inside of the stadium from yesterday, however they are currently working on the new driveway in front of the stadium with another huge pile of sod and dirt in front of the visiting Locker room
Old 05-18-17, 04:42 PM
All American

The DiBiasio Stadium renovation will be complete by August 15th and the new stadium's ground breaking will be May 30th and would be finished by October 17th which would mean Euclid and VASJ will still play at the renovated DiBiasio Stadium "Field" as it will become until the new stadium is completed from what it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-17, 05:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
This project is very puzzling. Why tear apart the existing stadium that will be needed for most of the upcoming season before breaking ground on the new one?? Why not start construction on the new facility so it is done sooner and leave the old one intact for the start of the season? The visiting stands weren't the greatest in the world but they would have sufficed for part of one more season. Also if they are building a new turf stadium what is the need to keep Dibiasio at all. Seems like a huge expense to renovate a facility that will barely be used after 2017???
Old 05-19-17, 10:08 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night light View Post
This project is very puzzling. Why tear apart the existing stadium that will be needed for most of the upcoming season before breaking ground on the new one?? Why not start construction on the new facility so it is done sooner and leave the old one intact for the start of the season? The visiting stands weren't the greatest in the world but they would have sufficed for part of one more season. Also if they are building a new turf stadium what is the need to keep Dibiasio at all. Seems like a huge expense to renovate a facility that will barely be used after 2017???

That's Euclid for you, always a cluster f---. DiBiasio Stadium is being used for the middle school I believe once the new stadium is built. They're waiting till school lets out to break ground on the new stadium.

Old 06-07-17, 10:57 AM
All American

The new stadium officially broke ground last week, it will be open by mid October with the 1st part of the season will be played at DiBiasio Stadium

Old 06-12-17, 06:47 AM
All American

The stadium is coming along so far, the new stadium field is being prepped for the turf to be laid out in front of Daugherty Gym as the practice fields are being ripped up in front of DiBiasio Stadium
Old 06-15-17, 03:30 PM
All American

A look at the new stadium site, pavement already busted up and being hauled away while the practice fields in front of the stadium has been ripped up. It's coming along rather quickly.
Old 07-30-17, 04:55 PM
All American

Some updates on the construction going on at Euclid. Turf is ready to be rolled out at Sparky D and temporary bleachers will be put up on the visiting end for the upcoming season. VASJ will play the most at Sparky with Euclid only having 1 game at Sparky before the new stadium opens in October. The new stadiums light fixtures are being prepped to go out as ground work for the fields drainage is being put in as the turf will be laid out then the surrounding grandstand will be up by October 1st. And the new practice field on the opposite end of Westport where diamond 6 used to be is almost ready to go.
Old 08-02-17, 03:55 PM
All American

Turf being installed at Sparky D
Old 08-03-17, 08:13 AM
All American

Update on the projects from Euclid's athletic page: Light towers going up at the new stadium site as turf is being installed at Sparky yesterday. The Memorial Park practice field is done as Euclid held their first practice on the new field.
Old 08-03-17, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Looks good

Old 08-04-17, 10:38 PM
All American

Fields are coming along great, temporary bleachers will be going up at Sparky D for the visiting end as the turf installation is almost finished.
Old 08-04-17, 10:53 PM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
The place is coming along great.
Looks fantastic
Old 08-06-17, 11:51 PM
All American

The almost finished product at Sparky D