Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-17, 09:41 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Marion Local would win consistently against at least half the OCC, and they'd finish in the top half of regions 2 and 3 most seasons. Region 1 and 4 - definitely not. In 2017, they'd be around 12 in region 4 if they played only a partial GWOC or GMC schedule. In region 1, playing a non conference schedule, they'd get mauled by basement dwellers like Glen Oak and Shaker Heights.
If they'd "get mauled" by GlenOak and Shaker Heights, there's no way they're finishing in the top half of any DI region.
Old 12-12-17, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Going by Harbins only:
Marion Local would be
8th in Region 1
5th in Region 2
8th in Region 3 and
3rd in Region 4.
Old 12-12-17, 01:51 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
MAC = Mediocre Athletic Conference (where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous)

D1 & D2 state titles are real...... all others are "fake news"
Old 12-12-17, 01:56 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
MAC = Mediocre Athletic Conference (where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous)

D1 & D2 state titles are real...... all others are "fake news"
What about when a d3 state champ beats the D1 state champ?
Old 12-12-17, 02:21 PM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
And the D3 champs gave up 14 points to a team the D6 champs held to 7 points.
Old 12-12-17, 02:33 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Old 12-12-17, 02:38 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, I repeat, please list all the MAC players who got D1 scholly offers. Uh I believe it is only one. Uh Moeller who finished near the bottom of the GCL south, will have 3 or 4 kids go D1.
Pretty scary how a league could be so "down" by having only 1 D1 Scholarship player this year and still dominate the way they did.

Maybe that 2014 MSML really could have beaten any team in the state.
Old 12-12-17, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Uh, after Marion Local put a beatdown on a pretty darned good CJ team in week 1, I can guarantee you there would be very few D3 or D4 schools who would be real interested in playing Marion Local. A win over a D6 isn't great for the Harbin points....and a loss throws you into the "oh but they lost to a D6 team" storyline that you know will last for quite a while
A win over a 9-1 D6 team would bring harbin points that D1 schools would love. 9-1 teams regardless of division are huge harbin point getters.
Old 12-12-17, 02:47 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Hoser probably thinks the juggernaut Edgewood would beat MSML.
Old 12-12-17, 02:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
36-29 is getting drilled ....
No But 50-36 is when 14 points came from kick returns. One the punter was told to punt it out of bounds with 8 seconds on clock before half, the other was a short kickoff that Big Red just did a terrible job of covering. The vaunted Massie rushing “attack” gained 114 yards, and they got another 110 by throwing ducks up for grabs that their great player Richardson made plays on. Big Red totaled over 500 yards on The again “vaunted” Massie defense. That score wasn’t close in indicating the actual beat down that took place. And if our top rusher was hurt to start the second quarter it would have been real ugly. Hell, he had 97 yards in the first quarter on maybe 8 carries, one of which I think all 11 Massie players touched him, plus 2 on the bench, a majorette, the band director and the booster club president and he still rumbled his way into the end zone.

Last edited by Crimson and Black; 12-12-17 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-12-17, 03:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Don't believe that ever happened. Was that the bad Lima Senior team that won the state championship? No one is afraid to schedule Mooney. Give Massillon a call. Let's see, Jackson has never beat Massillon, and Perry has a not so good record against the Tigers.
No one is afraid to schedule Mooney......your joking right. They can’t get a local team to play them to save their butts. That’s why they have to play a schedule much, much more demanding than Massillon plays. It’s easy for you guys to get games. I think you have it backwards. People are dodging Mooney much more so than Massillon. You had several common opponents.....which in itself says something when WHS is D2 and Mooney is D4. Fitch beat you guys without much trouble and Mooney Beat Fitch. As much as I admire the Tiger program, Tiger fans cannot toss Stones at Mooney......my god they’ve got what, 8 state titles since the playoff era began, to how many for Massillon?
Old 12-12-17, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Pope Francis 1;6941700]MAC = Mediocre Athletic Conference (where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous).../QUOTE]

You might be able to speak to this. Is your statement true because there is a paucity of Catholic churches in MAC country so the priests don't have choir boys to prey on?
Old 12-12-17, 03:43 PM
All World

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
No But 50-36 is when 14 points came from kick returns. One the punter was told to punt it out of bounds with 8 seconds on clock before half, the other was a short kickoff that Big Red just did a terrible job of covering.
Wow, Steuby sounds undisciplined or maybe they aren't coached very well?
Old 12-12-17, 03:49 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=USA70PP;6941770]
Quote:
MAC = Mediocre Athletic Conference (where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous).../QUOTE]

You might be able to speak to this. Is your statement true because there is a paucity of Catholic churches in MAC country so the priests don't have choir boys to prey on?
Tit for Tat on that. Sheep and priests in a football discussion. Pretty ugly guys. But then again us Catholics can be major hypocrites. Like when the different dioceses got together to discuss a boycott of playing Big Red because of ďthe incidentĒ a few years back. Can you imagine talking boycott over a single criminal case........I sure donít condone one, but a boycott could be called for to not play any parochial schools as long as they simply move guilty priests from parish to parish.
Old 12-12-17, 03:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Wow, Steuby sounds undisciplined or maybe they aren't coached very well?
Naw, undisciplined teams do not win championships and with a 27-6 lead midway second quarter I think they boys may have let their foot off the gas. Great coaching got them back on track at the half. I guess ML has never given up a kick return TD.....otherwise they would be undisciplined.
Old 12-12-17, 04:00 PM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
undisciplined teams do not win championships
Some middle division private teams have won titles while being undisciplined. Heck I'm pretty sure Ursuline averaged 115 yards in penalties per playoff game for their last title run.
Old 12-12-17, 04:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
Some middle division private teams have won titles while being undisciplined. Heck I'm pretty sure Ursuline averaged 115 yards in penalties per playoff game for their last title run.
Let me revise.."...GENERALLY, undisciplined teams do not win championships....when they do, it is because they possess more talent at every position.....like Ursuline did during their run of state titles. Big Red on the other hand is rarely a superior team when it comes to talent.
Old 12-12-17, 04:12 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=USA70PP;6941770]
Quote:
MAC = Mediocre Athletic Conference (where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous).../QUOTE]

you are a sick sob.......sleep well tonight......
Old 12-12-17, 04:13 PM
All American

Any MAC team vs. a schedule of Eds, Iggy, X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle, Colerain & Winton Woods goes maybe 1-7 or at best 2-6. This is a typical schedule of GCL-S schools. Seriously, you guys have nice little teams, but let's not kid ourselves.
Old 12-12-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
No one is afraid to schedule Mooney......your joking right. They canít get a local team to play them to save their butts. Thatís why they have to play a schedule much, much more demanding than Massillon plays. Itís easy for you guys to get games. I think you have it backwards. People are dodging Mooney much more so than Massillon. You had several common opponents.....which in itself says something when WHS is D2 and Mooney is D4. Fitch beat you guys without much trouble and Mooney Beat Fitch. As much as I admire the Tiger program, Tiger fans cannot toss Stones at Mooney......my god theyíve got what, 8 state titles since the playoff era began, to how many for Massillon?

If you are going to take a swipe at the Tigers, get your facts straight. The Tigers defeated Fitch this past season. By the way, I understand that Steubey is open for game 8 in 2018. So are the Tigers. Please tell Reno. You remember, Reno promised a return trip to Massillon after we agreed to visit Steubenville in 2015. Before you question my statement, the first game of the renewed series between the Tigers and Big Red was in 2009. There were three 2 year contracts from 2009-2014. Then the Tigers returned to Steubey in 2015. No games since.
Old 12-12-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Any MAC team vs. a schedule of Eds, Iggy, X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle, Colerain & Winton Woods goes maybe 1-7 or at best 2-6. This is a typical schedule of GCL-S schools. Seriously, you guys have nice little teams, but let's not kid ourselves.
Well, OK but lets make just one MAC team out of the MAC schools so that would even out the huge enrollment difference... Basically, an all star MAC team as the private schools that are mentioned are also all-start teams...

I would like the chances that the MAC team could play with any of those teams in a given year....
Old 12-12-17, 04:29 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
TOUCHE~ Pope ! And a big AMEN
Old 12-12-17, 04:39 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No one is afraid to schedule Mooney......your joking right. They canít get a local team to play them to save their butts. Thatís why they have to play a schedule much, much more demanding than Massillon plays. Itís easy for you guys to get games. I think you have it backwards. People are dodging Mooney much more so than Massillon. You had several common opponents.....which in itself says something when WHS is D2 and Mooney is D4. Fitch beat you guys without much trouble and Mooney Beat Fitch. As much as I admire the Tiger program, Tiger fans cannot toss Stones at Mooney......my god theyíve got what, 8 state titles since the playoff era began, to how many for Massillon?
Yea, we have played Ignatius a dozen times, Elder, Mentor, St ED, not to mention some other great teams, but we are afraid to schedule Mooney. You are on drugs. We have a couple of openings, and I don't hear the phone ringing. They might already be booked, but I am sure something could be worked out. Maybe lately their schedule is tougher, but if you do some research, the Tigers have had some tough schedules. No one is tossing stones at Mooney, I just think it is crazy to thing they are the team of the past. Just like the Tigers. I don't know how many titles Mooney has won, but I would be surprised if it is eight. Further more, I don't know why you are so defensive about Mooney. Call Reno and tell him to call. He owes us a home date. He's the one that don't want to play Massillon. He said on the radio in an interview that after they play us, win or lose, that they are beat up, and don't have the depth to play us every year.
Old 12-12-17, 04:42 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
i for on ewould love (if it made harbin sense) for edgewood to play some MAC schoools
Old 12-12-17, 05:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Yea, we have played Ignatius a dozen times, Elder, Mentor, St ED, not to mention some other great teams, but we are afraid to schedule Mooney. You are on drugs. We have a couple of openings, and I don't hear the phone ringing. They might already be booked, but I am sure something could be worked out. Maybe lately their schedule is tougher, but if you do some research, the Tigers have had some tough schedules. No one is tossing stones at Mooney, I just think it is crazy to thing they are the team of the past. Just like the Tigers. I don't know how many titles Mooney has won, but I would be surprised if it is eight. Further more, I don't know why you are so defensive about Mooney. Call Reno and tell him to call. He owes us a home date. He's the one that don't want to play Massillon. He said on the radio in an interview that after they play us, win or lose, that they are beat up, and don't have the depth to play us every year.

Go to sleep Joe, we don’t need you guys. You should stop trying to goad D4 teams into a game and play some better D2 and D1 teams. We all know why you don’t....because you get embarrassed when you do. What’s the record against mentor, Iggy, St Ed’s. We are just a little ole D4 team, who hung half a hundred on you last time we played. Besides, we like to play in nice facilities. Your joint is old and tired. The mystique has been gone for years. It’s hard for you and you4 fan base to accept, but this generation only sees Massillon as a pretty good D2 team who has yet to win anything between the lines. Think about it....The playoffs started in 1972, that’s 45 YEARS. 4 decades, half a century minus 5, since you have been recognized as a champion. You have to be in your late 50’s to even remember when they won something. Trust this, when a conversation about Ohio high school football comes up, amongst people 25 to 50, it is The Mighty Big Red they will remember before Massillon. You guys have to identify these days as Washington High School, because you dont even have the best program in Massillon. D1 Perry holds that distinction. The more I think, WHS is pretty irrelevant at this day and time. Jeeze, it took THE WEAKEST REGION IN THE STATE FOR YOU GUYS TO WIN A LITTLE HARDWARE. Win @ championship then start calling folks out. Until then shut the F up Apologies for my Fitch mistake.

PS: Not sure if Mooney has won 7 or 8 titles, but I am sure it’s 7 or 8 more than Washington High School has won. And why do I defend Mooney: in the words of the Great Aretha Franklin R E S P E C T bro RESPECT.
Old 12-12-17, 05:21 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Going by Harbins only:
Marion Local would be
8th in Region 1
5th in Region 2
8th in Region 3 and
3rd in Region 4.
The premise was that they'd be playing a very different schedule than the one they are playing right now as well. Presumably, they would be playing a mostly DI schedule if they were going to be in a DI region.
Old 12-12-17, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Go to sleep Joe, we don’t need you guys. You should stop trying to goad D4 teams into a game and play some better D2 and D1 teams. We all know why you don’t....because you get embarrassed when you do. What’s the record against mentor, Iggy, St Ed’s. We are just a little ole D4 team, who hung half a hundred on you last time we played. Besides, we like to play in nice facilities. Your joint is old and tired. The mystique has been gone for years. It’s hard for you and you4 fan base to accept, but this generation only sees Massillon as a pretty good D2 team who has yet to win anything between the lines. Think about it....The playoffs started in 1972, that’s 45 YEARS. 4 decades, half a century minus 5, since you have been recognized as a champion. You have to be in your late 50’s to even remember when they won something. Trust this, when a conversation about Ohio high school football comes up, amongst people 25 to 50, it is The Mighty Big Red they will remember before Massillon. You guys have to identify these days as Washington High School, because you dont even have the best program in Massillon. D1 Perry holds that distinction. The more I think, WHS is pretty irrelevant at this day and time. Jeeze, it took THE WEAKEST REGION IN THE STATE FOR YOU GUYS TO WIN A LITTLE HARDWARE. Win @ championship then start calling folks out. Until then shut the F up Apologies for my Fitch mistake.

PS: Not sure if Mooney has won 7 or 8 titles, but I am sure it’s 7 or 8 more than Washington High School has won. And why do I defend Mooney: in the words of the Great Aretha Franklin R E S P E C T bro RESPECT.

I don't think you really believe the things you post. However, since you asked, you mentioned the Tigers record with Mentor, St. Ed's and St. Ignatius. Of these schools, Iggy is the only team that has a winning record against the Tigers. The Wildcats have dominated the Tigers, but it doesn't come close to Steubey's 6-41-2 record against Massillon.
Old 12-12-17, 06:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Well, OK but lets make just one MAC team out of the MAC schools so that would even out the huge enrollment difference... Basically, an all star MAC team as the private schools that are mentioned are also all-start teams...

I would like the chances that the MAC team could play with any of those teams in a given year....
I agree that a Big MAC all star team would be very competitive in the GCL. However, I was responding to the suggestion that a top tier Big MAC team could compete at D1. And maybe they could compete in a miserable league like the GMC, but certainly not the GCL-S.
Old 12-12-17, 06:39 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree that a Big MAC all star team would be very competitive in the GCL. However, I was responding to the suggestion that a top tier Big MAC team could compete at D1. And maybe they could compete in a miserable league like the GMC, but certainly not the GCL-S.
Who made that claim?
Old 12-12-17, 06:44 PM
All American

darbydavidsonfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Marion Local would win consistently against at least half the OCC, and they'd finish in the top half of regions 2 and 3 most seasons. Region 1 and 4 - definitely not. In 2017, they'd be around 12 in region 4 if they played only a partial GWOC or GMC schedule. In region 1, playing a non conference schedule, they'd get mauled by basement dwellers like Glen Oak and Shaker Heights.
The only Region 1 teams in the argument of being better than Region 3 teams are St. Ignatius, Mentor & St. Edward.

Region 3 has Pickerington North, Pickerington Central, Hilliard Davidson (down this year), Gahanna Lincoln, Huber Heights Wayne, Centerville, etc.

You’re severely underestimating Region 3 while overstating Region 1.