Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-15-17, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Acupuncture

Anyone out there have had this procedure? Did it help with your underlying problem? I had my first session today and wonder if it's going to do me any good.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-17, 06:50 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Anyone out there have had this procedure? Did it help with your underlying problem? I had my first session today and wonder if it's going to do me any good.
Did your acupuncturist find any cactus needles, or assume that you had previously seen Mr Magoo for acupuncture ?

I have no experience with it. My dad tried it for a while after a bad carpal tunnels surgery, as kind of a last-ditch effort to restore a more reasonable level of function. Any gains were minimal.
Old 12-15-17, 10:23 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Snake oil.
Old 12-15-17, 10:29 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
I'v been struck with an entremely painful illness that hinders my ability to walk, neuropathy, and there seems to be no conventional treatment that relieves the pain. Hence my search for unconvential means like acupuncture so I can walk again.
Old 12-15-17, 10:40 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear Arizona. It's not going to hurt anything to try. Keep trying things until you find something that helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 12-16-17, 05:26 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
I have had acupuncture several times. It does relieve the pain for a couple days, but is certainly not a cure. Its effectiveness is probably determined more on what the problem is. The procedure itself is very relaxing.
Old 12-16-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
I'v been struck with an entremely painful illness that hinders my ability to walk, neuropathy, and there seems to be no conventional treatment that relieves the pain. Hence my search for unconvential means like acupuncture so I can walk again.
I hope it helps you. Have you looked at chiropractic treatment as well ? I'm guessing that may have been the stop before acupuncture, but if you have not, it may be worth a look.

If you have a diabetic component to peripheral neuropathy, the dietary changes are obviously paramount. If so, I might also remind you that many are now referring to Alzheimer's as "type 3" diabetes, old man. I hope you're taking care of yourself with your diet. I take it that your mind is your greatest asset after your stunning good looks, Counselor.

We even have a take-out Paleo kitchen here in the Sagamore Hills area. If you don't have healthy cooking "chops" in your household, there has to be something near you with a similar set of offerings.
Old 12-16-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Snake oil.
ronnie sez opiates ?

Have you ever abused Lyrica ? They say that can be fun for some people, and it's a nerve pain choice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: