Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 10-29-17, 07:31 AM
sehs sehs is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-07-03
Posts: 1,143
sehs
Exactly. The Eagles made more mistakes than the Wildcats and it cost them. Should have came away with points in the first half but two picks hurt us. Fumbled snaps/exchanges and penalties also killed drives. All Ignatius did was make us compete for four quarters and we were not ready for that. This might have been by design but I thought the the offensive game plan was pretty vanilla, deep posts, sideline routes, bubble screens and runs. Defense played well until the final drive when they gave up a deep ball to set up the game winning touchdown for Ignatius. Anyone know why Kent didn't play? Felt bad for Kincaid, got hurt on a tough run. We are situated well for the playoffs though and enough went right that I feel good in a rematch.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 10-29-17, 09:17 AM
fballfan fballfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-24-07
Posts: 425
fballfan is on a distinguished road
Turnovers and Injuries hurt. But you use this as a learning experience. It stinks to lose to your rival, but now that you have that taste in your mouth, it refocuses you and makes you even hungrier. It will be a tough first round match up with McKinley. Its been 50 years since these two teams met.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 10-29-17, 09:37 AM
AmpipeBDogs AmpipeBDogs is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-09-17
Posts: 83
AmpipeBDogs is on a distinguished road
Omar Fattah is one great player. Incredibly active.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 10-29-17, 10:14 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
What hurt was the Cats playing like their lives depended on it for the second week in a row and the Eagles being conservative and trying to squeak out a close win. Obviously a fumbled punt inside your own 20 doesn’t help and that was the difference.

Regional final
Eagles - 35
Cats - 10
Write it down
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 10-29-17, 10:16 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,586
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
What hurt was the Cats playing like their lives depended on it for the second week in a row and the Eagles being conservative and trying to squeak out a close win. Obviously a fumbled punt inside your own 20 doesnít help and that was the difference.

Regional final
Eagles - 35
Cats - 10
Write it down
That sounds about right. Eagles fans should be extremely confident in a result such as this coming to fruition.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 10-29-17, 10:26 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
That sounds about right. Eagles fans should be extremely confident in a result such as this coming to fruition.
Last season with a better Ignatius squad, and a not quite ready Eagle squad you still needed a front page worthy bad P.I. call to win the regional final.

Iím sure after the first Holy War you were confident in your chances.

Donít get your Depends in a twist. Weíll find out in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 10-29-17, 10:28 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,510
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
What I saw is a 3rd straight loss to the Wildkittens. Not sure why anyone should be confident in not losing a 4th in a few weeks. That is, if the Eagles are fortunate enough to advance past two tough opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 10-29-17, 10:33 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What I saw is a 3rd straight loss to the Wildkittens. Not sure why anyone should be confident in not losing a 4th in a few weeks. That is, if the Eagles are fortunate enough to advance past two tough opponents.
This is code for the Eagles will outscore their next three opponents 119 to 20.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 10-29-17, 10:40 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,586
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Last season with a better Ignatius squad, and a not quite ready Eagle squad you still needed a front page worthy bad P.I. call to win the regional final.

Iím sure after the first Holy War you were confident in your chances.

Donít get your Depends in a twist. Weíll find out in a few weeks.
Please talk to EagleFan, who actually knows what's going on in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 10-29-17, 10:46 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Please talk to EagleFan, who actually knows what's going on in the world.
Iíll talk to EagleFan when I want to know about the band and or a dislike of the first amendment.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 10-29-17, 02:14 PM
sehs sehs is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-07-03
Posts: 1,143
sehs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What I saw is a 3rd straight loss to the Wildkittens. Not sure why anyone should be confident in not losing a 4th in a few weeks. That is, if the Eagles are fortunate enough to advance past two tough opponents.
They moved the ball decently well while not really opening up the playbook, they were without one of their top offensive weapons as well. The defense owned their side of the ball most of the night and sacked the qb at least 4x. Winning next week is the most important but if there were to be a rematch, I trust eliminating the mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 10-29-17, 02:17 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,311
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Except for the muffed punt, I thought it was a pretty even game.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 10-29-17, 02:23 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,510
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
I’ll talk to EagleFan when I want to know about the band and or a dislike of the first amendment.
Band is still load with xylophones.

And you can speak you mind. Just remember the name-calling rule. You can be quite the pr!ck.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 10-29-17, 02:32 PM
NEOhioFootball NEOhioFootball is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-17
Posts: 69
NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Great atmosphere. Turnovers and injuries to the receivers hurt the Eagles.

Did The Eagles scrimmage McKinley in the preseason?
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 10-29-17, 03:00 PM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 609
SSS is on a distinguished road
Yes, McKinley scrimmaged both Edís and Ignatius. From what I read it appears McKinley got the better of the Eagles during the scrimmage. It will be interesting to see which team has improved the most.
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 10-29-17, 03:02 PM
Lefthook37 Lefthook37 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 94
Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
yea and they didn't win either...I'm sure every one thinks Ed's will blow McK off the field...But I'm sure Ed's would rather have an easer 1st round opponent then McK they are there worst opponent them selves keep shooting themselves in the foot Ed's better hope they don't get that fixed ...it could be a long night
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 10-29-17, 03:14 PM
NEOhioFootball NEOhioFootball is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-17
Posts: 69
NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
As with any team in the playoffs, injuries will be a factor. Is Channdler, the WV recruit for McKinley, back from injury?
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 10-29-17, 04:13 PM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 609
SSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthook37 View Post
yea and they didn't win either...I'm sure every one thinks Ed's will blow McK off the field...But I'm sure Ed's would rather have an easer 1st round opponent then McK they are there worst opponent them selves keep shooting themselves in the foot Ed's better hope they don't get that fixed ...it could be a long night


I donít think anyone from Edís thinks McKinley will be an easy game. Actually the opposite, the Bulldogs are a though first round opponent for anyone.

D1R1 is a very competitive region this year.
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 10-29-17, 04:53 PM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Band is still load with xylophones.

And you can speak you mind. Just remember the name-calling rule. You can be quite the pr!ck.


Fair enough
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 10-29-17, 04:54 PM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS View Post
I donít think anyone from Edís thinks McKinley will be an easy game. Actually the opposite, the Bulldogs are a though first round opponent for anyone.

D1R1 is a very competitive region this year.
This will be an easy game.
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 10-29-17, 05:12 PM
akronoldie akronoldie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Akron
Posts: 264
akronoldie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
This will be an easy game.
Please inform in regards to your playing and coaching expertise.
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 10-29-17, 05:29 PM
NEOhioFootball NEOhioFootball is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-17
Posts: 69
NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
What happened to Quintel Kent, he was healthy in week 9. Why didn't he play against Iggy?
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 10-29-17, 06:22 PM
jlp jlp is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-29-04
Location: 05,06,10 Hoop Champs
Posts: 1,324
jlp
Is the game at Lakewood High ?
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 10-29-17, 06:32 PM
bluengold bluengold is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-01
Posts: 1,935
bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
As with any team in the playoffs, injuries will be a factor. Is Channdler, the WV recruit for McKinley, back from injury?
Chandler had 107 yards rushing on 17 carries vs Massillon yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 10-29-17, 06:42 PM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 609
SSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp View Post
Is the game at Lakewood High ?


Yes, First Federal of Lakewood Stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 10-29-17, 07:43 PM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by akronoldie View Post
Please inform in regards to your playing and coaching expertise.
A higher level than you.

None.

That’s an incompletion sentence BTW.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 10-30-17, 07:54 AM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 6,053
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
What happened to Quintel Kent, he was healthy in week 9. Why didn't he play against Iggy?
Not sure, and you're not likely to hear the details about any injuries on this thread. No doubt his presence was missed, and then compounded by the losses of Freeman and Staples early in the game. I hope the staff was just being cautious and that none of the injuries are of the long-term variety. The road to a potential rematch with Ignatius is difficult, and they will certainly be needed against McKinley and the Mentor/Stow winner.
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 10-30-17, 08:09 AM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 6,053
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
Exactly. The Eagles made more mistakes than the Wildcats and it cost them. Should have came away with points in the first half but two picks hurt us. Fumbled snaps/exchanges and penalties also killed drives. All Ignatius did was make us compete for four quarters and we were not ready for that. This might have been by design but I thought the the offensive game plan was pretty vanilla, deep posts, sideline routes, bubble screens and runs. Defense played well until the final drive when they gave up a deep ball to set up the game winning touchdown for Ignatius. Anyone know why Kent didn't play? Felt bad for Kincaid, got hurt on a tough run. We are situated well for the playoffs though and enough went right that I feel good in a rematch.
Inopportune turnovers and mistakes have certainly plagued us against the Cats in recent years. As for the offensive game plan, while it may not have been a full playbook, it certainly didn't help that 3/4's of your receiving production were on the sideline. Losing Kincaid was also detrimental as Dzuro just didn't have his good stuff that night.

My glass-half-full look says that despite the injuries, turnovers, and spotting the Cats an early TD off the muffed punt, the defense still played nearly lights out and gave us an opportunity to win late. The only real concern I had was the inability to run between the tackles. Our run game is crucial to setting up the big pass plays we've been able to hit all year. And if we are lucky enough to get another shot at them, we probably want to account for that Joyce kid. I'm not sure what was going on (maybe a little assignment confusion with the 3-3-5 look), but that kid was running unimpeded to the backfield all game.
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 10-30-17, 11:08 AM
OldEagle71 OldEagle71 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-15
Posts: 101
OldEagle71 is on a distinguished road
Any thoughts on chances against Canton McKinley this week? I know they are usually pretty good. The game is Friday for sure, or Saturday when they usually play?
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 11-01-17, 04:42 PM
sehs sehs is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-07-03
Posts: 1,143
sehs
Should be a good game, I think the Eagles are a couple steps ahead of the Bulldogs but there is a lot of talent for McKinley.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 232 06-24-17 02:40 PM
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 57 03-20-17 09:41 AM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM
St. Edward @ St. Ignatius EagleFan Football 76 11-03-14 12:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz