Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-17, 02:43 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
How can this program be this bad?

How does this program really get any better with a JV team consisting of 30 kids and currently 3-3?

This program needs completely gutted, but Iíd love to hear exactly why anyone thinks things should continue on as they are? What a dumpster fire.

I would never in my wildest dreams imagine that Football would be the least impressive and worst program in the athletic department.

If thereís not a major change made to this program, Iím done finally supporting it.
Time for you to relax. Everyone realizes there is a problem. You constantly crying on the main board is doing nothing to help the and making the situation look worse and embarrassing the school more than it already is.
Old 10-07-17, 04:17 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Time for you to relax. Everyone realizes there is a problem. You constantly crying on the main board is doing nothing to help the and making the situation look worse and embarrassing the school more than it already is.
Make it look worse and Iím the one making Moeller look bad? Haha, amongst the 30 of us who actually check out yappi. Iíve been asking these same questions since the off season. Sorry youíre bothered by it.
Old 10-07-17, 07:40 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
This is why Moeller had to make a change. It's that important to the life blood of the school and its future. Hyzdu knows what he has to do. It's gotta happen.
Maybe it is also an effect of other sports doing well and the over specialization that is ramped up in the past few years. When we first started following Moeller most of the kids played a couple of sports- now not so much! A few weeks ago they honored the state championship lacrosse team at half time- only 2 played football also. There are some really great athletes on the lacrosse team that should still be playing football. Same with the baseball and basketball teams- not much cross over anymore. At a school like Moeller where the football, basketball& baseball programs demand year round dedication to even be a part of the team, you are losing some incredible athletes who used to be able to contribute their talents to more than one sport at the varsity level.
Old 10-08-17, 04:18 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Maybe it is also an effect of other sports doing well and the over specialization that is ramped up in the past few years. When we first started following Moeller most of the kids played a couple of sports- now not so much! A few weeks ago they honored the state championship lacrosse team at half time- only 2 played football also. There are some really great athletes on the lacrosse team that should still be playing football. Same with the baseball and basketball teams- not much cross over anymore. At a school like Moeller where the football, basketball& baseball programs demand year round dedication to even be a part of the team, you are losing some incredible athletes who used to be able to contribute their talents to more than one sport at the varsity level.
Great points KBaller. This has to be factoring in for sure. The overall success of the athletic program are as good as it gets in Ohio HS sports. But when football struggles, it seems to down play the success of the other programs (maybe its just me?). FB is has always been the flagship sport, that is why it's important to fix things when they get broken.
Old 10-09-17, 04:45 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
You guys really think not having guys playing multiple sports causes all of this?

Isn't McBride a starter on the basketball team?

And im sorry even if your a d1 lacrosse recruit does not mean you can run great routes or cover some one.

Again, lack of talent especially skill positions is not the problem. If any thing we are hurting having enough linemen who can play at the varsity level. And excluding wrestling, I can't think of much better way to develop them then having them in a weight room 9 months a year.

But at least some of the other sports are doing well and are helping to attract students.
Old 10-09-17, 11:03 PM
All American

I never said that- was simply addressing a couple of points made about the numbers being down for Football, JV in particular. Also the doomsday predictions that without football being successful there is no reason to go on melodrama. There are plenty of linemen on Varsity- see a bunch of em standing around every week. Hawkins was a huge loss on D and Carp being out for a few weeks didn't help in getting everyone up to speed.
McBride is an exception, unfortunately that's moot as it's not even certain if he will be back for basketball now. The numbers of multi sport athletes are whittled down every year and at a place like Moeller that's not a good thing.
Old 10-09-17, 11:12 PM
All American

Also/ Stahanzyk, D1 lax recruit (Rutgers is a perennial top team) is a starter and very good football player.
Old 10-10-17, 08:52 AM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
Lets get to brass tacks here guys. If u have watched the games a few things have been exposed. Twice this year we have allowed a team to have a single receiver catch more then 10 balls against us for atleast 160 yds. (Trinity and Elder). In those games not one adjustment was made. Why not?? On offense we have two running plays. Our back crashes into the line at the same location or we run a sweep and u can tell both are coming. Why?? If this were a chess match match we would be told to take our checkers home. And lets not even mention the back to back games we gave up kick returns for tds.
Old 10-10-17, 09:28 AM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems to be one thing after another offensively, defensively and special teams. McKenzie played well against LaSalle but didn't look good against Elder. Who is the back-up to Mckenzie or isn't there one? Seems the QB is kiiling us running the football and dinking and dunking the ball. Very disappointing but I don't know the answer. I'm hoping we can beat Winton Woods to get in the Playoffs.
Old 10-10-17, 11:29 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Seems to be one thing after another offensively, defensively and special teams. McKenzie played well against LaSalle but didn't look good against Elder. Who is the back-up to Mckenzie or isn't there one? Seems the QB is kiiling us running the football and dinking and dunking the ball. Very disappointing but I don't know the answer. I'm hoping we can beat Winton Woods to get in the Playoffs.
What I saw was an OC that was far too conservative with McKenzie. Elder knew what we were doing. I feel we took a step backwards in letting McKenzie grow. He has the throws in him, set him up to make them. stop running the offense that relies on a running qb. but this is moeller so nothing changes. we just wait for the "right kid" to come along and run the only plays they have ever run at moeller.
Old 10-10-17, 11:38 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
We now know Jeff Neel is the defensive coordinator, who are the other coordinators?
Old 10-10-17, 11:44 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
We now know Jeff Neel is the defensive coordinator, who are the other coordinators?
O coordinator has changed from I saw. running backs coach was calling the game. it was someone else earlier in the year. not impressed with elder game plan.
Old 10-10-17, 01:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
O coordinator has changed from I saw. running backs coach was calling the game. it was someone else earlier in the year. not impressed with elder game plan.
And you know the running back coach was calling the game from watching?
Old 10-10-17, 02:04 PM
All District

Quote:
And you know the running back coach was calling the game from watching?

Yep. Not that hard. He was the guy with the play sheet and the two players signaling in the plays. Plus the boys told us that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-17, 02:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Yep. Not that hard. He was the guy with the play sheet and the two players signaling in the plays. Plus the boys told us that.

The only other thing that it couldíve been is that the OC was up in the box relating it down to the running back coach

Old 10-10-17, 04:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
There are plenty of linemen on Varsity- see a bunch of em standing around every week. Hawkins was a huge loss on D and Carp being out for a few weeks didn't help in getting everyone up to speed.
Then why can't we find a starting center over 200 lbs?

Why are they playing Carpenter non stop for the most part on both sides of the ball? I literally watched them leave him in on defense on 3rd and 16 last week. Maybe you should get out of a 4-3 on 3rd in long, if not at least bring in a fresh guy who can give more of a pass rush than the biggest guy on your team.

Obviously carp is very talented but I don't think he is that much better exhausted than someone fresh. Besides your asking to get him hurt.

Another thing that no one has addressed is the fact that the team is fading at the end of games. The Elder broadcast was mentioning that we just we gassed.
Old 10-10-17, 06:35 PM
All District

Any one go to film night tonight. wondering what the reasoning was to let the elder kid catch 13 passes for 160 yds and never change the D.
Old 10-10-17, 07:19 PM
All Ohio

The Game
I thought the OC was Majors and he calls the plays from the press box. In fairness, the defense attempted to make an adjustment with their pass defense starting with the X game. Khayo shadowed Specht most of the game. He did a nice job on him. I remember Specht making one big play on a perfectly thrown ball by the QB. Wills also started playing DB against the other teams top receiver. He did a nice job covering #81 on LaSalle and Khayo shut down LaSalle's #11. They don't play defense all the time, but at least they tried something different. For whatever reason....whether it's scheme, personnel, preparation...they just can't get it to work as a unit. I was never a big fan of the 4-4 defense, but maybe running Lippy off after his two year return and BACK to BACK state championships wasn't the best idea. I know they got torched in the state game against Mentor, but that team torched everyone that year. The "Michigan State" defense hasn't quite worked out. That was an ego driven decision.

Same on offense. They have a lot of weapons at the skilled positions, but just can't get them the ball. It's a shame Bates isn't getting the ball more. They rave about his blocking, but how about getting him the ball. McCracken has some of the best hands I've seen a Moeller WR have in a while and he rarely gets the ball coming his way. Wills...same thing. Khayo is having an outstanding season and is the team's MVP in my opinion....offense, defense, special teams. The kid does everything.
Old 10-10-17, 07:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I thought the OC was Majors and he calls the plays from the press box. In fairness, the defense attempted to make an adjustment with their pass defense starting with the X game. Khayo shadowed Specht most of the game. He did a nice job on him. I remember Specht making one big play on a perfectly thrown ball by the QB. Wills also started playing DB against the other teams top receiver. He did a nice job covering #81 on LaSalle and Khayo shut down LaSalle's #11. They don't play defense all the time, but at least they tried something different. For whatever reason....whether it's scheme, personnel, preparation...they just can't get it to work as a unit. I was never a big fan of the 4-4 defense, but maybe running Lippy off after his two year return and BACK to BACK state championships wasn't the best idea. I know they got torched in the state game against Mentor, but that team torched everyone that year. The "Michigan State" defense hasn't quite worked out. That was an ego driven decision.

Same on offense. They have a lot of weapons at the skilled positions, but just can't get them the ball. It's a shame Bates isn't getting the ball more. They rave about his blocking, but how about getting him the ball. McCracken has some of the best hands I've seen a Moeller WR have in a while and he rarely gets the ball coming his way. Wills...same thing. Khayo is having an outstanding season and is the team's MVP in my opinion....offense, defense, special teams. The kid does everything.
Sounds like Roddy's ego is a real problem. Another great trait of a leader of young men

Khayo has done alot. Glad to hear Northwestern is recruiting him. Hopefully they offer and he takes it. Grade A education.
Old 10-10-17, 09:53 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lets get to brass tacks here guys. If u have watched the games a few things have been exposed. Twice this year we have allowed a team to have a single receiver catch more then 10 balls against us for atleast 160 yds. (Trinity and Elder). In those games not one adjustment was made. Why not?? On offense we have two running plays. Our back crashes into the line at the same location or we run a sweep and u can tell both are coming. Why?? If this were a chess match match we would be told to take our checkers home. And lets not even mention the back to back games we gave up kick returns for tds.
This is a perfect analogy...against Trinity, X, Elder and soon Ignatius and St. Edís, were playing checkers on a chess board.

I just donít see how the results get any better in the last few games, anyone know where these kids heads are, because these results make it seem there isnít a whole lot of motivation.

Can anyone confirm if there will truly be a legitimate ďtalkĒ about this program after this season? The turnover on the coaching staff while Rodenberg has been here has been eyebrow raising.

And as a football alum, I have a major problem with what is now a list of incidents on and off the field while this current staff has been in charge that are embarrassing going back to the Middletown game years ago. Clean this program up!
Old 10-10-17, 10:34 PM
All District

Could Mclaughlin be leading his 4th program in 5 years next year and take Moeller back to the top?

Then does the LaSalle and Rodenburg bridge get mended?
Old 10-10-17, 10:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Could Mclaughlin be leading his 4th program in 5 years next year and take Moeller back to the top?

I wish man. Anyone know when John's contract is up?
Old 10-10-17, 10:53 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
I wish man. Anyone know when John's contract is up?
November 3rd?
Old 10-11-17, 07:24 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post

Good points in this reply. In the games they have done something different then sit back in a vanilla defense they have seen results. Lasalle was their best effort at adjusting and it showed. against Elder, they sat back and looked like a prep team for Elder to practice against and the same against Trinity. Khayo has had a great year and I am rooting for him but making him the focal point of the offense is obviously not working. spread that ball around as mentioned. Seems like teams have figured out what to do with Khayo on offense and they aren't kicking to him much on ST. Khayo is a game changer but not a bell cow. Just another example of mis managing your talent.
Old 10-11-17, 07:27 AM
All District

Lightbulb

Quote:

Has there ever been a coaching trade between GCL schools. Roddy for Coach M.
Old 10-11-17, 02:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
Then why can't we find a starting center over 200 lbs?

Why are they playing Carpenter non stop for the most part on both sides of the ball? I literally watched them leave him in on defense on 3rd and 16 last week. Maybe you should get out of a 4-3 on 3rd in long, if not at least bring in a fresh guy who can give more of a pass rush than the biggest guy on your team.

Obviously carp is very talented but I don't think he is that much better exhausted than someone fresh. Besides your asking to get him hurt.

Another thing that no one has addressed is the fact that the team is fading at the end of games. The Elder broadcast was mentioning that we just we gassed.
I don't have the answers on this- it's a bit boggling. There are guys standing around who appear to fit the bill, yet don't get in and instead a key starter gets used both ways.
Old 10-11-17, 08:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don't have the answers on this- it's a bit boggling. There are guys standing around who appear to fit the bill, yet don't get in and instead a key starter gets used both ways.
This demonstrates another issue I have with Roddy. He doesn't run our program like a major program. Leaving your stud in there non stop is pretty bush league. This isn't d3, Roger Bacon, McNick etc. You cant just find 5 real good dudes, throw them out there, make no adjustments and just expect them to produce at a high level.

And just putting your stud on their stud isn't exactly an adjustment.

Pretty sure anyone of us could tell you, play the four star prospect, and dial up the same 5 plays like your a 12 year old playing madden or NCAA.

I think our student section should dress up as clowns this week to honor the biggest clown in Moeller High, John Roddenburg!

Sh*t I think Todd Neumann (aka Power T) still teaches at Moeller. The dude without a doubt loves Moeller football. Maybe let him be an assistant on next years staff (if he is interested). Not the greatest x and o guy but a great weight coach, motivator perpetuates a culture you want in your program.
Old 10-11-17, 11:25 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
What are the credentials on McKenzie? How tall is he? How is his arm strength? What is his 40 time. Just curious if he has good measurables.

Does Moeller have good Receivers?
Old 10-12-17, 07:13 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
What are the credentials on McKenzie? How tall is he? How is his arm strength? What is his 40 time. Just curious if he has good measurables.

Does Moeller have good Receivers?
McKenzie stands about 6'2/6'3. IMO he has decent zip on the ball and has not had trouble running away from defenders. (don't think Moe times kids in the 40) Moe has not turned him loose as much as they should to win. Receivers are all very good. Wills going to Air Force, Khayo junior recruited heavily, McCracken is best kept secret - they don't throw to him enough. Bates going to UK. targeted very little as well.