Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-17, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
OSSCA State Poll

http://www.ossca.info/index.php/poll...oll-2017-09-18
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-17, 11:18 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
No love for CJ in D2. Thought for sure they would have been on the list someplace.
Old 09-18-17, 12:06 PM
All American

Gview
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
No love for CJ in D2. Thought for sure they would have been on the list someplace.
Can't happen. #3 Alter, then Tippecanoe and Bellbrook too. Can only nominate 3 teams.
Old 09-18-17, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gview View Post
Can't happen. #3 Alter, then Tippecanoe and Bellbrook too. Can only nominate 3 teams.
Yes. Thought CJ would have taken bellbrooks spot after wins over Wyoming and bacon. Especially since bellbrook lost to Wyoming. Cj & bellbrook tied head to head.
Old 09-18-17, 12:33 PM
All American

Gview
Quote:
Yes. Thought CJ would have taken bellbrooks spot after wins over Wyoming and bacon. Especially since bellbrook lost to Wyoming. Cj & bellbrook tied head to head.
You would have thought so.
Old 09-18-17, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gview View Post
You would have thought so.
LOL. I think a lot of things. Not most are correct though.

PS...I like the D3 poll this week!
Old 09-18-17, 01:59 PM
All American

Gview
Quote:
PS...I like the D3 poll this week!
I bet you do.

Just a few more weeks then someone else gets to answer all the questions.
Old 09-22-17, 01:04 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
DeSales 7-0-1 and not even in those receiving votes. LOL IN D2
Old 09-22-17, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Won't open?
Old 09-22-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post
DeSales 7-0-1 and not even in those receiving votes. LOL IN D2
They were #2 last week. Looks like no Columbus schools this week so I wonder if the rep for the area forgot, was late, or had technical difficulties that prevented him/her from nominating for this week.
Old 09-22-17, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Won't open?
Just tried again and it worked for me.
Old 09-22-17, 01:51 PM
All American

Gview
It's always listed on the landing page.

http://ossca.info
Old 09-25-17, 12:11 PM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Perhaps Dayton Carroll is a fine team but their schedule to date has not been difficult ....how do they get in the top 10 in state if their toughest game to date resulted in a 2-2 tie with Springboro? At least Centerville's played a more challenging schedule and they've only lost once... if in fact Carroll must be replaced by a team from the Dayton area. Seems to me that spot should be occupied by the Elks. The schedule for this week looks customarily soft again this week....too they're ranked in the Dayton poll so I'm not sure why they get consideration as being part of the Cincinnati poll.
Old 09-25-17, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
Perhaps Dayton Carroll is a fine team but their schedule to date has not been difficult ....how do they get in the top 10 in state if their toughest game to date resulted in a 2-2 tie with Springboro? At least Centerville's played a more challenging schedule and they've only lost once... if in fact Carroll must be replaced by a team from the Dayton area. Seems to me that spot should be occupied by the Elks. The schedule for this week looks customarily soft again this week....too they're ranked in the Dayton poll so I'm not sure why they get consideration as being part of the Cincinnati poll.
LOL. Centerville also tied Springboro 2-2. Carroll beat Wayne 2-0. Centerville beat Wayne 2-1. For common opponents pretty similar results. Carroll still has to play Fairmont, Alter & Lebanon who Centerville has already played. I am sure a part of their ranking is their history.

Carroll just moved to D1. I am sure their schedule was set prior to the move to D1. They are in the GCL so some games can't be changed but there are good teams in that league. I bet they add more D1 teams going forward.

As far as why they are ranked in both Cincy & Dayton....I don't know. I've asked that before as other GCL Dayton teams are in the Cincy poll too. Someone said Dayton Christian & Yellow Springs have also been voted into the Cincy polls in the past. So....I don't know why Cincy coaches vote for non-Cincy teams.
Old 09-25-17, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Most teams schedules are done by October/November, at least the vast majority of it. There was probably no thought of Carroll moving up to D1, so they scheduled to being a high-end D2 team. Now that it's likely they're going to stay D1, they'll schedule to that. Same thing with other teams that bumped up due to the multiplier.

Easy to figure out Dayton Carroll's ranking. History of success, very strong record, you're going to get ranked.
Old 09-26-17, 06:28 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL. Centerville also tied Springboro 2-2. Carroll beat Wayne 2-0. Centerville beat Wayne 2-1. For common opponents pretty similar results. Carroll still has to play Fairmont, Alter & Lebanon who Centerville has already played. I am sure a part of their ranking is their history.

Carroll just moved to D1. I am sure their schedule was set prior to the move to D1. They are in the GCL so some games can't be changed but there are good teams in that league. I bet they add more D1 teams going forward.

As far as why they are ranked in both Cincy & Dayton....I don't know. I've asked that before as other GCL Dayton teams are in the Cincy poll too. Someone said Dayton Christian & Yellow Springs have also been voted into the Cincy polls in the past. So....I don't know why Cincy coaches vote for non-Cincy teams.
My thought on Centerville being ranked higher comes from the fact they beat Mason and tied Lakota West so by comparison I think they've got a stronger resume. I didn't really compare common opponents to date...we'll see how they fair come tournament time.
Old 09-26-17, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
My thought on Centerville being ranked higher comes from the fact they beat Mason and tied Lakota West so by comparison I think they've got a stronger resume. I didn't really compare common opponents to date...we'll see how they fair come tournament time.
But the loss to Lakota East probably didn't help either.

Centerville is ranked. They just aren't getting enough votes to be in the top 10. Few weeks left to see if that changes. And if they still feel slighted, prove it in the tournament where it matters most!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: