Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-11-17, 04:27 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
That's stupid
Game. Set. Match.

And STILLLLLLLLL Yappi champion of the football forum, your very own East Youngstown!
Old 01-11-17, 04:30 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where do you send St X?
Packing. Doh. Them first. The rest later.
Old 01-12-17, 03:19 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where do you send St X?
To the MAC East. Send Buffalo to the GCL
Old 01-12-17, 07:42 AM
Junior Varsity

VVboys32 is on a distinguished road
The way a catholic school can control their own enrollment, why would they choose to go to a tougher division and play tougher schools when they can dominate the higher divisions by adjusting their enrollment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-17, 08:01 AM
Junior Varsity

VVboys32 is on a distinguished road
Also, Marion Local is a great program, but they absolutely could not beat 95% of D1 schools!

Old 01-12-17, 08:07 AM
Varsity

nc_green_wave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVboys32 View Post
The way a catholic school can control their own enrollment, why would they choose to go to a tougher division and play tougher schools when they can dominate the higher divisions by adjusting their enrollment?

Which catholic schools are controlling their enrollment to stay in a division for football?
Old 01-12-17, 10:37 AM
Varsity

ctowner is on a distinguished road
To answer the original question, ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Why on earth do we what to punish success and reward mediocrety?

I don't want to see public and private tournaments either.

No school is entitled to a football championship! If your school can't be good enough in football, then find something else to be good at. And get behind that program and root the kids on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-17, 12:18 PM
All District

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowner View Post
To answer the original question, ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Why on earth do we what to punish success and reward mediocrety?
Because people are soft and they are making their kids soft. Can't wait to see what kind of milktoast pansies kids will be in 20 years.
Old 01-12-17, 01:07 PM
Varsity

ctowner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
Because people are soft and they are making their kids soft. Can't wait to see what kind of milktoast pansies kids will be in 20 years.
Amen brother. Watch out for calling snowflakes

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-17, 01:18 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Make it in D 1 that if you win, you cannot compete the following year. Stupid you say? It is just as stupid to punish a team for being good and make them move up. I can hear the announcer saying to the team congratulations and here is your trophy and the screw job you will get next year.
Old 01-12-17, 02:48 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
It's funny how we see the same thing but have completely different outtakes.

I look at having multiple divisions and watering down the competition as an appeasement to the smaller schools that can't compete with the larger schools. Basically, give out more trophies.

I understand why we do it. You said it's because people are soft and are making their kids soft. Why should a division 3 school be afraid to play a division 2 schedule the year after they win a championship? We have SEVEN divisions!! It's way too many.

The arbitrary enrollment numbers dividing divisions is inexact at best. Moving up a champion would not be a punishment. It would just prevent a team from winning back-to-back championships in a lower division.
Old 01-12-17, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_green_wave View Post
Which catholic schools are controlling their enrollment to stay in a division for football?
none

that's the most idiotic conspiracy theory on here
Old 01-12-17, 05:28 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
none

Now just hold on one minute there, we have not yet had hoser's contribution for this day. I have faith he can top it.
Old 01-12-17, 06:19 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Now just hold on one minute there, we have not yet had hoser's contribution for this day. I have faith he can top it.
Uh, hold on there Dr. know-nothing.Dont use the Hosers name in vain. It is hilarious to read all these posts from the private school crowd trying to justify the obvious advantage they have had for years.Stevie Wonder could see it and anybody with a neutral vantage point would say the same thing. Uh lets see what happens the next couple of seasons . Maybe this will work, maybe not.One thing is for sure, the status quo sucks.
Old 01-12-17, 06:35 PM
All American

Quote:
In any football forum populated by former players, it's inevitable that the long term effects and symptoms of concussion damage will present themselves.
Old 01-12-17, 06:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_green_wave View Post
All the ones that figured out how to use the zone blitz to shut down the run and shoot and ended Valley View's brief and enjoyable period of success under the tremendous leadership and inspired ingenuity of Coach Niswonger.

Bishop Watterson. Archbishop Baughman. Our Lady of Lemon-Monroe. Cardinal Eaton. Blessed Canal of Winchester. Monsignor Eastmoor Academy. Saint Mauk. Sacred Carlisle. Archbishop Alter. Father Bellbrook. Mother of Wyoming. The usual gang of cheating thugs.
Old 01-12-17, 11:59 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I look at having multiple divisions and watering down the competition as an appeasement to the smaller schools that can't compete with the larger schools. Basically, give out more trophies.
Is it that big of a stretch to think that schools with more kids to work with might have a better chance at having a better football team? If you were starting a football team would you rather have 100 kids to pick from or 300?

You call them 'arbitrary enrollment numbers' yet they're anything but arbitrary. 'Arbitrary' would be be picking schools out of a hat to make divisions; using enrollment numbers isn't arbitrary.

What is your goal? Do you want to have more champions? What sort of advantage do champions have over non-champions? If they won state with the existing rules why make it more difficult the next year? No matter how you phrase it, you are punishing a group of kids for another group's previous success.
Old 01-13-17, 11:08 AM
All Ohio

coachOS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Should State Champions have to move up one division the following season?

This is one rule that I would like to see put into place.

Since the enrollment cutoff numbers are so arbitrary, if you are able to win in a division, I feel the next year you should have to move up to the next highest division (with the exception of DI obviously).

Thoughts?
No..they should instead reduce to 3 divisions...7 is just too many.
Old 01-18-17, 12:29 PM
Varsity

stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
How about we just give everyone a participation trophy, and abolish the playoffs?
That way no one will have their feelings hurt about not being good enough to win a state championship.
On second thought, we should probably just abolish football as a sport. Between the kids(and their parents) having their feelings hurt, and the potential for actual injuries, it is just too dangerous to the kid's mental and physical well being.
Old 01-18-17, 04:43 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Is it that big of a stretch to think that schools with more kids to work with might have a better chance at having a better football team? If you were starting a football team would you rather have 100 kids to pick from or 300?

You call them 'arbitrary enrollment numbers' yet they're anything but arbitrary. 'Arbitrary' would be be picking schools out of a hat to make divisions; using enrollment numbers isn't arbitrary.

What is your goal? Do you want to have more champions? What sort of advantage do champions have over non-champions? If they won state with the existing rules why make it more difficult the next year? No matter how you phrase it, you are punishing a group of kids for another group's previous success.
I look at it as more of a challenge than punishment. Personally would rather have Marion Local in D-6 than D-7. In the Flyers 2 D-7 state championship games Marion Local won by a combined score of 74-0. Last 2 seasons in D-6 ML is 1 and 1. I like competitive games even if it means a play-off loss now or than and yes I would rather have ML move up to D-5 than drop back down to D-7. However do believe teams should have the option of moving up a division if they would want to.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 01-18-17 at 05:21 PM.