Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-18-17, 11:37 AM
Varsity

Franklin77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
not abc. Milton went from Brookville to Valley View. Valley View went from Dixie to Milton.
Thanks because I wasn't sure I just know that how wrestling does the league tournament every year
Old 10-18-17, 12:41 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Eaton-Carlisle

Eaton next as Carlisle tries to stay alive for the playoffs

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...4cmT31bgXZKIJ/
Old 10-18-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
You don't want to take the chance of losing to 2 swbl teams do you? Lol just poking fun. Honestly wish tipp would of joined the big side of swbl would of been great for conference
They tried and the SWBL rejected them. They joined the CBC.
Old 10-18-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
not abc. Milton went from Brookville to Valley View. Valley View went from Dixie to Milton.
What is Miltonís schedule next year?
Old 10-18-17, 01:02 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Ahh come on you don't want ridge? Bb has had them the past 4 years and in week 8 of all weeks that's a crucial one to get no points out of. We'd gladly send them your way !
As I've said before I really wish the leagues would either add a team or 2 to each side and do away with crossover or simply just add another ooc game and do away with crossover , for majority of the bigger side schools it's a waste of a game and opportunity at computer points
Can't get rid of crossovers when there's 7 schools in each division. 6 play each other each week, the 7th would have to find a game. Too hard to do when every other league is in conference play. You need even numbers in divisions to cancel crossovers.
Old 10-19-17, 09:44 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
A new SWBL should be:

Big:
Valley View
Eaton
Ross
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Bellbrook
Oakwood

Small:
Madison
Milton Union
Brookville
Carlisle
Waynesville
Northridge
Dixie
Preble Shawnee

Would like to see Northridge to the city league and add another school in their place, would love for them to add Wilmington and Clinton Massie some how, would also like to see Talawanda added, maybe they could make three divisions of 7 teams, but you still don't get rid off crossovers. Three divisions of 8 teams would be ideal, just don't see where you get 4 more smaller schools that fit in geographically.

Best Case:
D2/3
Franklin
Edgewood
Ross
Monroe
Talawanda
Valley View
Bellbrook
Wilmington

D4/5:
Milton Union
Brookville
Eaton
Oakwood
Madison
Clinton Massie
Carlisle
Waynesville

But that leaves,
Northridge
Dixie
Preble Shawnee

Why someone else gets to make the big bucks and big decisions, that would be a fun league though.
Old 10-19-17, 10:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Monroe17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
A new SWBL should be:

Big:
Valley View
Eaton
Ross
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Bellbrook
Oakwood

Small:
Madison
Milton Union
Brookville
Carlisle
Waynesville
Northridge
Dixie
Preble Shawnee

Would like to see Northridge to the city league and add another school in their place, would love for them to add Wilmington and Clinton Massie some how, would also like to see Talawanda added, maybe they could make three divisions of 7 teams, but you still don't get rid off crossovers. Three divisions of 8 teams would be ideal, just don't see where you get 4 more smaller schools that fit in geographically.

Best Case:
D2/3
Franklin
Edgewood
Ross
Monroe
Talawanda
Valley View
Bellbrook
Wilmington

D4/5:
Milton Union
Brookville
Eaton
Oakwood
Madison
Clinton Massie
Carlisle
Waynesville

But that leaves,
Northridge
Dixie
Preble Shawnee

Why someone else gets to make the big bucks and big decisions, that would be a fun league though.
Massie would dominate everyone each year. No one would have a chance. Although that would be a fun league to watch.
Old 10-19-17, 11:13 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
These get brought up every year and they are quite fun.

To me the ideal for the SWBL would be to add West Carrollton and Edgewood to the Southwestern Division and drop Brookville to the Buckeye where they fit better. I know WC is not good and is essentially Northridge but it keeps proximity and I would have to think they entertain the chance to actually compete in sports. Id argue they may make more money due to fans thinking they could compete some and actually showing up.

If they want to go 1 and 1 the target should be Edgewood for the Southwestern and Tipp City Bethel for the Buckeye. Edgewood has great proximity and matches the Southwestern. Bethel gives a great travel partner/proximity to the more N Buckeye and fits.

Southwestern: Valley View, Franklin, Bellbrook, Oakwood, Eaton, Monroe, Edgewood, WC.

Buckeye: Brookville, Carlisle, Dixie, Madison, Northridge, milton, Preble Shawnee, Waynesville
Old 10-19-17, 01:23 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Adding Clinton Massie and Wilmington would improve the quality of the league. At first Massie may take it to people but after a couple years I am sure teams would make strides towards competing. If there is a top dog, teams will work towards beating them. However I believe Massie and Wilmington are staying put. They are in close proximity to many schools in the new league. Could you imagine the travel from CM or Wilmington all the way out to Eaton???

Edgewood would be a great addition far as adding another competitive team to the SWBL but also they are in close proximity to Monroe/Franklin/Valley View and that has natural rivalries tied in. Talawanda is completely out of the way but gives Eaton a closer game. Talawanda is not good at football but is good at many other sports. West Carrolton I believe would gladly move to the SWBL, they have no chance of competing in the GWOC and moving to the SWBL opens an opportunity to be competitive. Tipp City Bethel and Tri County North could be good additions for the small school side as well.

Big School side:
Monroe
Edgewood
Talawanda
Eaton
Bellbrook
Franklin
Valley View
Oakwood

Small School Side

Madison
Preble Shawnee
Waynesville
Brookville
Carlisle
Milton Union
TC Bethel
Dixie

You could have 7 league matchups and eliminate the crossover.
Old 10-19-17, 02:16 PM
All American

Franklin-Oakwood

Franklin finding ways to shine despite injuries

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...HDp7gWl6Z7ySN/
Old 10-19-17, 02:21 PM
All American

Madison-Waynesville

Mohawks rolling in their quest for SWBL title, playoffs

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...vSZUQc5Ip1rNL/
Old 10-19-17, 03:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Franklin finding ways to shine despite injuries

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...HDp7gWl6Z7ySN/
All I got to say is WOW! 10 injuries and 4 kids out with acl. I'm sorry but something wrong. I understand there injuries in football but my 4 years of varsity football or wrestling we never had that many kids hurt. Do theI stretch or anything?
Old 10-19-17, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Carlisle 28
Eaton 20

Carlisle fumbled twice and one being a fumble return for a touchdown. The first quarter chambers fumbled and on the very next play, Eaton scored on a 14 yard run. Chambers had 34 and 33 yard touchdown runs called back on penalties. Eaton lost their QB early in the game. All in all Carlisle dominated the game on the ground.
Old 10-19-17, 09:26 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
I wanted to add that after watching Eaton play and how Brookville beat them by the same score, Valley View should win by at least 30 points against Brookville.
Old 10-20-17, 12:44 AM
Varsity

Ramrod413 is on a distinguished road
Whatís wrong with sending Dixie to the CCC seeing as how weíre the only D6 school in the league. Just a thought 🤷♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-17, 03:25 AM
All American

Carlisle-Eaton

Carlisle shrugs off rough start, handles Eagles 28-20

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...mZJSHP5qpVJ4J/
Old 10-20-17, 04:53 AM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Week 9 predictions
SW side
VV - 55
Brookville - 17

Franklin - 40
Oakwood - 21

Bellbrook - 45
Monroe - 13

Buckeye side
MU - 38
Dixie - 16

Madison - 50
Waynesville- 7

Preble Shawnee - 45
Northridge - 12

Congrats to Carlisle 28-20 over Eaton last night
Old 10-20-17, 07:08 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod413 View Post
Whatís wrong with sending Dixie to the CCC seeing as how weíre the only D6 school in the league. Just a thought 🤷♂️

Nothing at all BlessEm thinks that Milton Union will end up there, send Dixie and Milton Union there, and Northridge to the city league then you can have the league I mentioned above, that would be a fun league with some great football.
Old 10-20-17, 07:15 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin77 View Post
All I got to say is WOW! 10 injuries and 4 kids out with acl. I'm sorry but something wrong. I understand there injuries in football but my 4 years of varsity football or wrestling we never had that many kids hurt. Do theI stretch or anything?
Tipp has had similar issues with the injury bug, 2 broken arms, a torn meniscus, a broken ankle, and a blood clot. All to starters
Old 10-20-17, 08:50 AM
Varsity

Ramrod413 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Nothing at all BlessEm thinks that Milton Union will end up there, send Dixie and Milton Union there, and Northridge to the city league then you can have the league I mentioned above, that would be a fun league with some great football.

Sorry, didnít mean that in a bad way. I totally missed it in Blessíems post. Itís just that many people have been saying that since the late 80ís. It was much worse back then. If you didnít beat TVS. You were looking at an 0-10 season. I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 10-20-17, 11:17 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp has had similar issues with the injury bug, 2 broken arms, a torn meniscus, a broken ankle, and a blood clot. All to starters
That sucks! I hope the kids are okay never want to see a kid hurt no matter who or what it is. It part of the game too though you'll take those risk
Old 10-20-17, 11:22 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Franklin get into the playoffs if they lose the last two games? If they lose one game, do they travel round 1? I was hoping for an Alter/Franklin showdown but I don't think it would be as meaningful with the all the injuries the Wildcats have suffered now.
Old 10-20-17, 12:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Does Franklin get into the playoffs if they lose the last two games? If they lose one game, do they travel round 1? I was hoping for an Alter/Franklin showdown but I don't think it would be as meaningful with the all the injuries the Wildcats have suffered now.
Looking at Drew Pasteurs projections Franklin is in regardless and would even host at 7-3, looks like the top four are pretty set Trotwood, Goshen, Franklin, and Alter. Hopefully that order so if Franklin were to win that first game you at least dodge Alter and Trotwood. No one is gonna stop the Trotwood train in this region though, Franklin at full strength against Alter would have been fun though.
Old 10-20-17, 02:15 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
FRanklin will make playoff even with lost next two weeks but it will drop them to 5 or 6 and then that good chance for franklin alter game. I wouldn't put money on it because franklin game tonight should be a win and next week should be a win but you never know
Old 10-20-17, 07:19 PM
All District

SWBLFball is on a distinguished road
Oakwood up 19-7 on Franklin at half. For the past couple years Oakwood has played Franklin extremely well.
Old 10-20-17, 07:30 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Valley View 28
Brookville 14 in 3rd
Old 10-20-17, 07:56 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
42-21 VV start of the 4th
Old 10-20-17, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
bellbrook 35
hornets 0
Old 10-20-17, 08:40 PM
Freshman

Feral_Felines is on a distinguished road
Unfortunate season

Oakwood 35 Franklin 22. The injuries too much to handle. Montgomery out, white out, kepler out, winstead out. Not to mention others. That's too much to overcome. Proud of the young kids though who have stepped up and have done what they've done. And whether you love or hate Franklin, you gotta feel for the kids.
Old 10-20-17, 08:43 PM
Freshman

Feral_Felines is on a distinguished road
Not only is losing 4 of your top 5 players just inconceivable in terms of the talent lost on the field. But it's psychologically draining to the team...