Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-16, 02:02 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Kremer and Scott were both kids who were at Franklin at least 4 years, White moved to Franklin because his families house burned down from my understanding.

Franklin has lost a ton of talent to transferring Standifer was Springboro's leading tackler. Dylan Jones would have been a star at Franklin but was behind Foley at Springboro.

Losing the Bowermaster's will hurt more when the sophomores are seniors as they were two of the better players in their class and would have been on the field next year somewhere.

I'm sure Franklin wouldn't mind if they get another transfer or two, not like Valley View didn't make a living on it in the Niswonger years, same with Carlisle when they were rolling with Jewell.
Just like Franklin try to re-define how it's OK for them to get transfers but nobody else. Here's how you Should answer that question yes those boys did transfer in from another school district at one point or another yes they did help us make an average team a great team. Has Valley view got transfers in the past that help them win games absolutely! Has Carlisle got transfers in the past and help them win games including several boys from Valley view absolutely! White Kramer and Scott made the difference between your team going to the playoffs or staying at home all born and bred somewhere else. The jones kids came from Springboro. And you're making a statement about a couple kids Who hasn't played A down the varsity football yet. A lot of kids perform dominantly in junior high and never separate themselves from the rest in high school. A kid still stands a much better chance of getting recruited an offer coming out of Centerville in the Gwoc then they do Franklin in SWBL.

Last edited by Spartan119; 12-13-16 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-15-16, 09:12 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Heard Montgomery received his first D1 offer from Ball St.
Old 12-15-16, 03:56 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
Heard Montgomery received his first D1 offer from Ball St.
Uh, Ryan Montgomery was the best player I saw last year. A great safety who can run, cover, and tackle. Runnerup was the 245 lb RB from Columbus Desales, a real horse with breakaway speed. It will be interesting where he ends up at the next level.
Old 12-16-16, 01:37 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Well to the posters who said Montgomery couldn't play division 1 football, I guess people who get paid to make those decisions think he can play at that level. Should be the first of many offers.
Old 12-16-16, 04:29 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Kremer and Scott were both kids who were at Franklin at least 4 years, White moved to Franklin because his families house burned down from my understanding.

Franklin has lost a ton of talent to transferring Standifer was Springboro's leading tackler. Dylan Jones would have been a star at Franklin but was behind Foley at Springboro.

Losing the Bowermaster's will hurt more when the sophomores are seniors as they were two of the better players in their class and would have been on the field next year somewhere.

I'm sure Franklin wouldn't mind if they get another transfer or two, not like Valley View didn't make a living on it in the Niswonger years, same with Carlisle when they were rolling with Jewell.
Uh dude you are right the White family home burned down a real tragedy . In fact I donated to the fund started by concerned Edgewood parents to rebuild their house. Uh didn't happen. Uh Braden is a good athlete, but he was stuck behind the best QB in Edgewood history. May not have been the major factor in moving to Franklin, but I'm sure it had some influence in that decision.
Old 12-22-16, 08:10 AM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
Good for him. You mean guys that are paid not guys like you that probably struggled to be mediocre to get some playing time their senior year. I just have a hard time listening to somebody that couldnt Play beyond high school tell me who is and isn't a Division I football player. I was surprised by how he. Perform this year but I still believe his best chance for quality career beyond high school is a school like Ashland which is a great program. In fact that's where ohios 2015 mr football Keishaun Sims is at. I see ball has offered 3 Rb 7 wr 3 athletes 4 safeties in the class of 2018 but I don't see him included in that group by rivals or 247 that number will double by camp. I have yet to see them post his offer yet but I do think he and a handful of others from this area are deserving. Thing is those offers are set in stone until his name is on the dotted line. My biggest concern with him is when he goes to camp and he will have to go to camp and let them see him in person when they put the stopwatch on him. Someone might want to ask Danny Clark about this. I think the kid is very good but I don't think you realize the talent out there.

Agreed, he is a fantastic area player and will continue to get his, but it's a big ole world out there filled with players who can match him pound for pound and cut for cut. It's only going to get tougher from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-16, 08:46 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
Agreed, he is a fantastic area player and will continue to get his, but it's a big ole world out there filled with players who can match him pound for pound and cut for cut. It's only going to get tougher from here.

Very true.
Old 12-22-16, 09:17 AM
All District

new2this is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
Is the interim coach staying at Waynesville? Is Philpot coming back? What is going on down there? I can not imagine that he will keep his position as Head Coach or AD after the negative press that he has provided the school does he?
Philpot is not coming back- that is the word. The attached article was within the last couple weeks that states he isn't returning, and that Waynesville is looking in a different direction.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...v6bo6wrhq7fZJ/

They were down in talent this year for sure, but with all due respect- they had enough talent to win one game. And certainly enough talent to keep the score close- but that was rarely the case. If you watched one of their games- they looked physically small, slow, confused, lazy, unmotivated.....and add to that the lack of game preparation and planning on the coaches part- they were doomed. They never made an adjustment offensively or defensively!

With that being said, what direction they will go is about tight lip as I have seen. Rumors have surfaced that the intern coach will be promoted to head coach- and he will bring one coach back with him for next season. Word from the players were that the coaches didn't get along, and often argued in front of them. Matter of fact, one coach stated that their coaches meetings were a finger pointing nightmare- each coach blaming the other. Which makes sense why the team never seemed prepared. Hopefully- if the intern coach is promoted as the rumor has it- he will surround himself with coaches that support him and the players.

As for what they have to work with coming back next year offensively:
-Two very capable QB's (Bloom and Carmichael)- rumors of one leaving are false
-Majority of their line (4 of 5 starters return) Pyburn, Shaffer, Duncan, Little
-Experienced receivers: Blankenship, Butterball,
- Running backs: Daniels and Marshall
- And their most dynamic playmaker this season- Collins
So offensively they should be much improved- which I would be hard pressed to say that it could possibly be worse than what we saw this year

Defensively, they lost a lot. But honestly, the defense was atrocious anyway. So, even new starters can't be any worse than what was on the field last season.

A very talented group of incoming freshman who are accustomed to winning will be interesting. I see two, maybe three of them battling for starting positions from day one( Bloom, Amburgy, and Osborn). Bloom and Amburgy can really move- I can definitely see them on special teams, and possibly seeing a lot of time on defense. Osborn dominated both sides of the ball- we will have to see if he gets stronger, but I see him rotating early- especially defensive line.

I see the team being improved overall- maybe 4-5 wins. But its the following year that they get much better. We will wait and see.
Old 12-22-16, 09:34 AM
All District

new2this is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's all I heard I just put it on here to see if anyone had any further information. I was caught off guard by it too because Colin Wood is only junior

Neither QB is going anywhere. Makes for yet another interesting battle this coming season. Both are capable in their own right. One is a about 6'2" and 230 pounds who can run the ball and wear defenses down, but can throw the ball decent. He is a quiet leader who I hear the players prefer. The other is a passer first who is pretty accurate but folds under the rush. He can run the ball when he needs to, but cannot take a ton of hits. I hear he is pretty cocky and the players do not care for his attitude. It will be interesting
Old 12-22-16, 11:41 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Valley View will be playing Wilmington and Fort recovery next year. Should be good games
Old 12-23-16, 02:59 AM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
Valley View will be playing Wilmington and Fort recovery next year. Should be good games

I've really liked VV Non-conf scheduling the past several years.

Old 12-23-16, 07:23 AM
All District

Hornetfan16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
VV always has scheduled great non conference games.
Old 12-23-16, 10:56 AM
Varsity

Ramrod413 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've really liked VV Non-conf scheduling the past several years.

Except for Dixie!!!
Dixie & VV fans would both be happy to see that game off the schedule.
I know the league requires a crossover game but like Cris Carter would say...
C'mon Man!

Btw, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays SWBL

Old 12-23-16, 11:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod413 View Post
Except for Dixie!!!
Dixie & VV fans would both be happy to see that game off the schedule.
I know the league requires a crossover game but like Cris Carter would say...
C'mon Man!

Btw, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays SWBL

The league makes Valley view play Dixie as part of the stupid crossover game. The game gets switched up every few years
Old 12-23-16, 11:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
The league makes Valley view play Dixie as part of the stupid crossover game. The game gets switched up every few years

Yes & I believe it was just "renewed" for 2-4 more years. I'm upset with the Dixie side of it because we already play Brookville. I guess that's not enough. I'd rather play a team I'm competitive with & not one that I'm outnumbered 3-1 & only beat once in the past 30+ years.

Old 12-25-16, 02:37 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bellbrook returns basically everything ! Let's go! Merry Christmas swbl!
Finished 7-3 with 3 straight wins to end season including a 28-0 win the last game over an oak wood team that scored over 42 points in back to back weeks against valley view and franklin, maybe even 50 on franklin!
Need to prepare for genslinger and Montgomery or we'll be 8-2,7-3 again
No Waynesville this year , we replaced them with tipp, and I expect tecumseh to be better then their 5-5 team this year as they were pretty young and Fairborn brings a d1-d2 team to the field even if their not the best, they still bring size advantage and points . so we will be much more prepared for the the view and franklin! Should be a great year!
Old 12-26-16, 12:50 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
The Hornets return a good quarterback in Osterman, and a good amount of starters. This junior and senior classes won a lot of games through Pee Wee and Junior High so maybe they put something together. The Oline and Dline will make or break a Hornet Resurgence. Alex Page should be a very good 2 way player for the Hornets.

Valley View and Franklin are my front runners with Bellbrook and Brookville as potential challengers. Montgomery, Genslinger, and Wallen are all studs.
Old 12-29-16, 11:48 AM
Varsity

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
There are some unhappy people in hornet country about the current coach/coaching staff. Parents have been having meetings with the SI and AD. Seems a little late for them to make a coaching change, but I guess it could still happen. Anyone else heard anything?
Old 12-29-16, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig1 View Post
There are some unhappy people in hornet country about the current coach/coaching staff. Parents have been having meetings with the SI and AD. Seems a little late for them to make a coaching change, but I guess it could still happen. Anyone else heard anything?
I haven't heard anything. Monroe did let Meibers go the last week of April. That was a different situation for sure. Tenore just came available. Wouldn't be a bad hire.
Old 12-29-16, 05:00 PM
All American

Quote:
So you guys let the parents run things? Wow
Old 12-29-16, 08:06 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
I haven't heard anything. Monroe did let Meibers go the last week of April. That was a different situation for sure. Tenore just came available. Wouldn't be a bad hire.
Not to bring back bad memories of that particular situation but I think most agree Meibers was a great coach and great man. Sad the people above him didn't think so. Letting a coach go is much more convenient in November and December since the weight programs start in January. I think Tenore would be a great hire the man brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm with him. Ultimately up to the AD.
Old 12-29-16, 08:22 PM
All District

Quote:
So you guys let the parents run things? Wow
One thing I've noticed is that since Singleton's first stint as Monroe's coach ended in 1995 every coach Monroe's had never survives an average of 4-5 years! Joe McDonough (1996-2000) 17-32. Berry Pettyjohn 2001 3-6. Singleton 2nd stint (2002-2003) 1-19. Jason Krause (2004-2007) 35-15 3 league titles, 2 regional titles, 2 state semis. Ken Meibers (2008-2009) 14-8 2009 SWBL champs Playoff win vs CJ 12-7. Brett Stubbs (2010-2012) 13-17 and of course Billy Leach heading into his 5th year next season 17-24 so far. You could make the case Monroe is one of those short stop along the way schools which coaches come to build a program then move on to bigger things.

Last edited by Hornetfan16; 12-29-16 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-29-16, 08:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Where'd you hear about these meetings you say? Yes there are some unhappy people here. Some certain prominent people in the community trying to keep the Titanic from sinking?
Old 12-29-16, 10:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetfan16 View Post
Where'd you hear about these meetings you say? Yes there are some unhappy people here. Some certain prominent people in the community trying to keep the Titanic from sinking?
Who cares it just kids playing football. Ppl and parents need to chill and the so call prominent people. lol ppl are nuts. It's not professional football
Old 12-30-16, 12:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not to bring back bad memories of that particular situation but I think most agree Meibers was a great coach and great man. Sad the people above him didn't think so. Letting a coach go is much more convenient in November and December since the weight programs start in January. I think Tenore would be a great hire the man brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm with him. Ultimately up to the AD.
The Meibers situation was very unfortunate! He brought a Colerain attitude to Monroe and had the program built for the long haul.

Tenore would be great hire, Snively wouldn't be bad either....
Old 12-30-16, 05:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
One thing I've noticed is that since Singleton's first stint as Monroe's coach ended in 1995 every coach Monroe's had never survives an average of 4-5 years! Joe McDonough (1996-2000) 17-32. Berry Pettyjohn 2001 3-6. Singleton 2nd stint (2002-2003) 1-19. Jason Krause (2004-2007) 35-15 3 league titles, 2 regional titles, 2 state semis. Ken Meibers (2008-2009) 14-8 2009 SWBL champs Playoff win vs CJ 12-7. Brett Stubbs (2010-2012) 13-17 and of course Billy Leach heading into his 5th year next season 17-24 so far. You could make the case Monroe is one of those short stop along the way schools which coaches come to build a program then move on to bigger things.
Monroe has excellent facilities, arguably the best in the SWBL, there is usually an abundance of athletes, and with open enrollment Monroe could be attractive to Lakota and Middletown transfers. There is a lot to sell about Monroe.

Also, Monroe needs to accept the reality that it is a stepping stone job because it is D4. I would rather have a highly successful coach who leaves after 4-5 years than someone who is average but wants to stay forever!
Old 12-30-16, 05:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Monroe has excellent facilities, arguably the best in the SWBL, there is usually an abundance of athletes, and with open enrollment Monroe could be attractive to Lakota and Middletown transfers. There is a lot to sell about Monroe.

Also, Monroe needs to accept the reality that it is a stepping stone job because it is D4. I would rather have a highly successful coach who leaves after 4-5 years than someone who is average but wants to stay forever!
Agreed. Would be nice to get some kids from Lakota or hence Middletown if they could stay out of trouble. Middletown has good athletes but their best players can't keep their heads on straight.
Old 01-03-17, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Agreed. Would be nice to get some kids from Lakota or hence Middletown if they could stay out of trouble. Middletown has good athletes but their best players can't keep their heads on straight.
Monroe has got a few players from Lakota that i can remember, I can't remember many that came from Middletown. Monroe sits in a position where if the program is successful on a consistent basis then those open enrollees could come. The biggest problem for Monroe since 2009 (Meibers last year) has been physicality in the trenches, the athletes have been there. The incoming Junior and Senior classes are talented and could be successful under the right circumstances.
Old 01-23-17, 07:29 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Montgomery getting looks from the Sec???
Old 02-01-17, 07:11 AM
Varsity

It's NSD!!! Anyone joining in the fun today from the SWBL? Congrats to those moving on to the next level.