Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-27-18, 10:15 AM
U. S. American

MasonComet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
EJ is a big factor, pun intended. Not surprised the Middies got one.
Having EJ in the middle of that zone disrupted things. Mason had a good first quarter, but credit the Middie defense after that: Mason would pass it until they could get the Middie defense off-balance enough that Mason guards could dribble-penetrate so that they could kick out for an open shot, but either the guards would penetrate too deep and get in trouble and not get a good pass, or, it would work to perfection with a good kick-out pass and Mason would miss the shot. The Comets shot 31% for the game; Middletown shot 51%.

Fairly sloppy game, but lots of hustle and bodies on the floor. Back-and-forth 4th quarter.

Last edited by MasonComet; 01-27-18 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-27-18, 11:16 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonComet View Post
Having EJ in the middle of that zone disrupted things. Mason had a good first quarter, but credit the Middie defense after that: Mason would pass it until they could get the Middie defense off-balance enough that Mason guards could dribble-penetrate so that they could kick out for an open shot, but either the guards would penetrate too deep and get in trouble and not get a good pass, or, it would work to perfection with a good kick-out pass and Mason would miss the shot. The Comets shot 31% for the game; Middletown shot 51%.

Fairly sloppy game, but lots of hustle and bodies on the floor. Back-and-forth 4th quarter.
Looks like Mason took a ton of 3s too. Live by the 3 die by the 3.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-18, 01:50 AM
All World

https://twitter.com/Alex_Meacham/sta...954043393?s=09

Old 01-28-18, 09:01 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Why not take the very last shot and not give the the best player in the gym the ball on a silver platter, with 16 seconds? I am not trying to argue. It just seems obvious.
I wasn't there and you make a good point. If a scoring opportunity presented itself many coaches want the points and trust the defense.
Old 01-29-18, 10:13 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
My power rankings after week 9

1. Princeton - Played some really good teams the last 2 weeks and went 0-3. But 2 of them went to the last minute. I do think they need to play Bazley in the paint more on offense and give big O'Neal some more looks and playing time. He went 5 for 5 in the first half against Wayne and didn't play that much in 2nd half

2. Oak Hills
- Best coached team and maybe best defensive team. Took a tough loss to LE by 1 point but still #2 in the GMC in my book. They have a big chance this week against Princeton to make a statement that they will be a tough out come tourney time

3. Lakota East
- Great win against OH after a tough loss to Princeton. LE has made a statement that they will be a force come tourney time. Cox and Hunter from Princeton are my leading POY in the GMC so far

4. Mason - Moved down in my rankings due to the loss to Middletown. They have trouble with teams with size and length. If Mason is shooting at a high level they can beat a lot of good teams, but if they struggle from the field, they are vulnerable

5. Sycamore - The biggest surprise team in the league. I just don't think they have enough to compete with the top 4 teams in the GMC. They do have a great chance against Mason on Tuesday to move in the top 4

6. Hamilton - I know a lot of people can not stand the coach, but they have been on a small streak of wins. They do need a signature win against Princeton on Tuesday so people can start taking them more serious

7. Colerain - Most improved team, but still lacks any type of threat to any of the teams above them. But they are out of my GMC sellar

8. Fairfield - This team has fallen apart the last couple of weeks. They can maybe finish with 7 or 8 wins on the season

9. Middletown - Great win against Mason on Friday. The emergence of E.J has definitely improved this teams chance to win games. They have to beat FF and show up against Sycamore this week to move up in my rankings

10. Lakota West - Lack of talent has this team in the sellar. But they will play you hard as any team I have seen. They have to find more talent in West Chester to compete in the GMC
Old 01-29-18, 11:10 AM
Junior Varsity

bcounty1954 is on a distinguished road
What baffles me is that all these other players are mentioned but the two kids from Hamilton that are in the top 3 in scoring? I know the league has a lot of animosity towards this coach but I think we need to give these two kids a little credit. I do agree a win against Princeton would be nice for this team. I also heard they were beating oh and mason last week at More than one point in the game. They need a big win for some respect for these guys
Old 01-29-18, 11:33 AM
All World

Good job vike, at this point the standings tell 90% of the story. What isn't always there is who is improving and still playing to win and what teams aren't?
Old 01-29-18, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcounty1954 View Post
What baffles me is that all these other players are mentioned but the two kids from Hamilton that are in the top 3 in scoring? I know the league has a lot of animosity towards this coach but I think we need to give these two kids a little credit. I do agree a win against Princeton would be nice for this team. I also heard they were beating oh and mason last week at More than one point in the game. They need a big win for some respect for these guys
Jalen Robinson and D'Marco Howard are both having a great year so far. But you can't just score a lot of points and just beat bottom feeders and lose to above average or good teams. It's not all about the win factor when it comes to POY but it has some grit to it.

Most likely top POY candidates

Bazley- Princeton
Hunter- Princeton
Cox- Lakota East
Deifel- Oak Hills
Robinson- Hamilton
Howard- Hamilton

My top POY candidates

Cox- Lakota East
Hunter- Princeton
Bazley- Princeton
Deifel- Oak Hills
Robinson- Hamilton
Howard- Hamilton
Old 01-29-18, 12:52 PM
All World

The POY will come from a top 3 team
Old 01-29-18, 03:27 PM
All World

JBaller
Bazely will be the POY. Only way he won't be is if Cox goes for like 30 in an upset win over Princeton. Otherwise, the McDonald's All American on the best team in the league will win it.
Old 01-29-18, 04:30 PM
Freshman

Indian77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You have to realize that being one of the top players you have to factor in more than just how many points you score. The two hamilton boys are with out a doubt talented players but they are not on the same level as Bazley, Cox and Hunter. Bazley is in the top five of just about every single category. From what I hear cox had a excellent game against Princton and defended Bazley well. I believe he only had seven points. You also have to take into consideration that all the other gmc schools play a lot tougher non conference games. The Princeton boys are playing one of the best teams in the state of Indiana and scoring twenty or more points while the hamilton boys are playing teams like tallawanda and northwest. Mason is not as good as what they usually are. They just got beat by Middletown. Ff was played mason very close and they are not good this year. Almost beating teams doesnít really mean anything you have to pull out the win get that respect.

I do think next year howard and Robinson could be considered for POY but def not this year. I think right now demarco is the better of the two. He plays better defense than the Robinson kid.

Next year Hamilton should be really good with these two coming back and with the Reid kid. I was surprised he was only a freshman. He impressed me the times I have seen him play this year. He is always playing hard and is a very physical and athletic kid. The Blue has to be excited to have him coming back for three more years.
Old 01-29-18, 04:40 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
Bazely will be the POY. Only way he won't be is if Cox goes for like 30 in an upset win over Princeton. Otherwise, the McDonald's All American on the best team in the league will win it.
I agree Bazley should be player of year. He has had an amazing year
Old 01-29-18, 06:55 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian77 View Post
You have to realize that being one of the top players you have to factor in more than just how many points you score. The two hamilton boys are with out a doubt talented players but they are not on the same level as Bazley, Cox and Hunter. Bazley is in the top five of just about every single category. From what I hear cox had a excellent game against Princton and defended Bazley well. I believe he only had seven points. You also have to take into consideration that all the other gmc schools play a lot tougher non conference games. The Princeton boys are playing one of the best teams in the state of Indiana and scoring twenty or more points while the hamilton boys are playing teams like tallawanda and northwest. Mason is not as good as what they usually are. They just got beat by Middletown. Ff was played mason very close and they are not good this year. Almost beating teams doesnít really mean anything you have to pull out the win get that respect.

I do think next year howard and Robinson could be considered for POY but def not this year. I think right now demarco is the better of the two. He plays better defense than the Robinson kid.

Next year Hamilton should be really good with these two coming back and with the Reid kid. I was surprised he was only a freshman. He impressed me the times I have seen him play this year. He is always playing hard and is a very physical and athletic kid. The Blue has to be excited to have him coming back for three more years.

I never said either should be poy I just said they should get mentioned when people talk about the team thatís all. The Howard kid is a lot more athletic than Robinson but better defense I donít this so I have watched them play quite a few times so far. Robinson plays with a lot of intensity. But they play well together so next year should b good for the blue. I like the Reid kid he plays hard but I think people r sleeping on the sophomore on the team. I think heís Robinsonís brother the kid is tall and productive when he gets minutes Not sure he is being used rt this year to be honest. Watch out for him though. There is also a freshman that I have heard should have got some minutes this year but havenít seen him much
Old 01-29-18, 07:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian77 View Post
I agree Bazley should be player of year. He has had an amazing year
I agree with you guys about Bazely heís an all American. I donít think the two Hamilton kids should be poy just thought they should be mentioned. Hey Iím a bing blue guy though.
Old 01-29-18, 07:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballer View Post
bazely will be the poy. Only way he won't be is if cox goes for like 30 in an upset win over princeton. Otherwise, the mcdonald's all american on the best team in the league will win it.
100%%
Old 01-29-18, 07:48 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I never said either should be poy I just said they should get mentioned when people talk about the team thatís all. The Howard kid is a lot more athletic than Robinson but better defense I donít this so I have watched them play quite a few times so far. Robinson plays with a lot of intensity. But they play well together so next year should b good for the blue. I like the Reid kid he plays hard but I think people r sleeping on the sophomore on the team. I think heís Robinsonís brother the kid is tall and productive when he gets minutes Not sure he is being used rt this year to be honest. Watch out for him though. There is also a freshman that I have heard should have got some minutes this year but havenít seen him much
I can only speak from the few games that I have seen hamilton play this year but my opinion is howard is better on D. He averages more defensive rebounds and steels than Robinson too. Both are good players but for Robinson to pass him up he has to produce on defense too. I have seen his younger brother play. He has a nice shot but needs to work on his ball handeling. Seems uncomfortable at times. He has great size but needs to get stronger. He is only a sophomore, if he gets stronger I could see him being Hamiltonís big guy. As for the freshman I am assuming you are talking about the one that is on jv. Saw him play a little bit against Ff. He is a good player. Will def be good in the future. I donít see him playing over anyone that played either. As a freshman if you arenít going to get a ton of minutes you need to play jv. No need to sit up on varsity. Next year hamilton could have a really good team. I hope the coach schedules some better non conference games to help you prepare for the tournament playing teams like tallawanda isnít going to help much
Old 01-30-18, 12:56 PM
All Region

basketballjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Pedelty has enough size to get some D 2 interest. Knue is a D 3 player and D 3 players are very good!!!!! Most HS players don't have a clear understanding of how good D 3 really is. They are great Seniors for Mason.
D3 is glorified high school only worse. D3 is basically competitive ball for kids who want to play beyond high school

Both mason kids are d3 players
Old 01-30-18, 12:58 PM
All Region

Bazley- Princeton - co poy -top and clear cut
Hunter- Princeton - co poy - top and clear cut

Deifel- Oak Hills - excellent year and runner-up.
Old 01-30-18, 01:13 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Vike16;6974004]My power rankings after week 9

1. Princeton - Clear #1 team in the GMC and City. The city belongs to Moeller and Princeton.

2. Mason - Not a typical year for the best coached team in the league. Mason will still finish the year #2 due to outstanding coaching and culture.

3. Lakota East
- Barely got past a mediocre Oak Hills team. Cox stepped up down the stretch to escape the upset.

4. Oak Hills[/B] - Worst coached team in the GMC beside VanStinky from Hamilton. Oak Hills is smoke and mirrors. Oak Hills will assume the fourth position in the league.

5. Sycamore - Most improved team in the GMC.

6. Hamilton - One of the more talented teams in the GMC who can't seem to win due to horrendous coaching.

7. Fairfield - This team has fight left and will pull an upset Tuesday night over Oak Hills.

8. Colerain - Why can't football players contribute to the basketball program?

9. Middletown - Well coached team trying to get the program and culture in order.

10. Lakota West - LW has been down for many years. Credit to coaching staff for taking care of issues off the floor and handling the program professionally.
Old 01-30-18, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=basketballjim;6975161]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
My power rankings after week 9

1. Princeton - Clear #1 team in the GMC and City. The city belongs to Moeller and Princeton.

2. Mason - Not a typical year for the best coached team in the league. Mason will still finish the year #2 due to outstanding coaching and culture.

3. Lakota East
- Barely got past a mediocre Oak Hills team. Cox stepped up down the stretch to escape the upset.

4. Oak Hills[/B] - Worst coached team in the GMC beside VanStinky from Hamilton. Oak Hills is smoke and mirrors. Oak Hills will assume the fourth position in the league.

5. Sycamore - Most improved team in the GMC.

6. Hamilton - One of the more talented teams in the GMC who can't seem to win due to horrendous coaching.

7. Fairfield - This team has fight left and will pull an upset Tuesday night over Oak Hills.

8. Colerain - Why can't football players contribute to the basketball program?

9. Middletown - Well coached team trying to get the program and culture in order.

10. Lakota West - LW has been down for many years. Credit to coaching staff for taking care of issues off the floor and handling the program professionally.
I swear OH beat Mason head to head. Maybe I'm wrong but did a 2 win Middletown team just beat Mason by 5 points, but you got them over OH and LE
Old 01-30-18, 01:52 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post

Bazley- Princeton - co poy -top and clear cut
Hunter- Princeton - co poy - top and clear cut

Deifel- Oak Hills - excellent year and runner-up.
Now we know Basketball Jim is Deifel's dad....or brother....or grandpa....too bad that kid has to deal with that crap.
Old 01-30-18, 03:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
D3 is glorified high school only worse. D3 is basically competitive ball for kids who want to play beyond high school

Both mason kids are d3 players
I'm willing to bet you never even played high school sports, let alone any college.

Old 01-30-18, 07:30 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree with you guys about Bazely heís an all American. I donít think the two Hamilton kids should be poy just thought they should be mentioned. Hey Iím a bing blue guy though.
All American?
Old 01-30-18, 08:09 PM
Freshman

TigerEye88 is on a distinguished road
Middies 41-16 at the half
Old 01-30-18, 08:16 PM
U. S. American

Comets 47
Aves 21

Half
Old 01-30-18, 08:44 PM
U. S. American

Comets 70
Aves 38

End of 3
Old 01-30-18, 08:49 PM
Freshman

TigerEye88 is on a distinguished road
67-39 final middies win
Old 01-30-18, 08:56 PM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
67-39 final Middies over West. West likely wonít win another game this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-18, 09:00 PM
U. S. American

Mason 82
Sycamore 50

Final
Old 01-30-18, 09:10 PM
Freshman

Fairfield 56
Oak hills 43