Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-30-18, 10:54 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Big win for FF. Poor shooting night for Deifel and OH doesn't have many other weapons. Mason bounces back pretty well! Middies win again and will have a few more coming down the stretch. East handles a Colerain team that will a couple more. Love jimmers giving credit to the West coaches, they are the least talented team in the league. jimmers should go to a D 3 game and watch how 18-23 year olds play for the love of the game and have a good deal of talent and skill.
Old 01-30-18, 10:58 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEye88 View Post
67-39 final middies win
I don't know if there is some minimum game rule, but EJ Williams should end up on the GMC 1st team after only playing half the season. Just my opinion.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-18, 11:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I don't know if there is some minimum game rule, but EJ Williams should end up on the GMC 1st team after only playing half the season. Just my opinion.

They win 1-2 more games he will be.
Old 01-30-18, 11:31 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This came up a few years ago in a debate about Kelsey Mitchell, then a junior, garnering post season honors despite missing half the season with an injury. Was told it was an unwritten rule that missing more than half of the conference games for any reason would prevent POY, but not necessarily first/second team honors. Kelsey was GMC POY 3 out of 4 years, and earned first team her junior year despite missing more than half of the seasons conference games.
Old 01-30-18, 11:33 PM
All World

More than anything it comes down to the coaches in the room that day.
Old 01-30-18, 11:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
I don't think there is a coach in the league that won't say he completely changes every game he's in.

Old 01-31-18, 03:30 PM
All Region

BasketballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
I saw that two GMC players were nominated for player of the week - EJ Williams and Jarrett Cox.

We should all go out there and vote us a GMC winner.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...29/1080390001/
Old 01-31-18, 03:58 PM
All Region

basketballjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Big win for FF. Poor shooting night for Deifel and OH doesn't have many other weapons. Mason bounces back pretty well! Middies win again and will have a few more coming down the stretch. East handles a Colerain team that will a couple more. Love jimmers giving credit to the West coaches, they are the least talented team in the league. jimmers should go to a D 3 game and watch how 18-23 year olds play for the love of the game and have a good deal of talent and skill.
Good point. It is for the love of the game for sure. I have watched plenty to tell you the talent is equivalent to JV level of high school.
Old 01-31-18, 04:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1982 View Post
Looks like olí VW got smacked by 27. I was hoping the paper would interview him so I could get professional take on all Princeton does well. I really hope they dump this clown after the season! I just looked and the Blue stands 9-7 while playing a soft non-league schedule. This program has some great players we need help with coaches.
VW and Price have some of the best talent year in and year out and never produce. Hamilton made a huge mistake bringing in this clown and Oak Hills is just plain ignorant to tolerate losing year and year out with the talent they have in the system.
Old 01-31-18, 04:05 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=basketballjim;6975161]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
My power rankings after week 9

1. Princeton - Clear #1 team in the GMC and City. The city belongs to Moeller and Princeton.

2. Mason - Not a typical year for the best coached team in the league. Mason will still finish the year #2 due to outstanding coaching and culture.

3. Lakota East
- Barely got past a mediocre Oak Hills team. Cox stepped up down the stretch to escape the upset.

4. Oak Hills[/B] - Worst coached team in the GMC beside VanStinky from Hamilton. Oak Hills is smoke and mirrors. Oak Hills will assume the fourth position in the league.

5. Sycamore - Most improved team in the GMC.

6. Hamilton - One of the more talented teams in the GMC who can't seem to win due to horrendous coaching.

7. Fairfield - This team has fight left and will pull an upset Tuesday night over Oak Hills.

8. Colerain - Why can't football players contribute to the basketball program?

9. Middletown - Well coached team trying to get the program and culture in order.

10. Lakota West - LW has been down for many years. Credit to coaching staff for taking care of issues off the floor and handling the program professionally.

SAY SOMETHING RICKY BOBBY/ MR KNOW IT ALL. READ AND LEARN!
Old 01-31-18, 04:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
Great insight Coach Price
Old 01-31-18, 04:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
A TO and take the lead with 16 seconds is mismanagement? Physical mistake and only make 1 of 2 FT's. Not sure why that is mismanaged basketball?
Why hold the ball for a last second shot and take the shot with 16 seconds to go in the game? Seems like a total mismanagement to me.
Old 02-01-18, 10:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
Why hold the ball for a last second shot and take the shot with 16 seconds to go in the game? Seems like a total mismanagement to me.
Easy to say take the last shot. A TO when OH was working the clock down then when an opportunity to take the lead with 16 seconds presented itself they did.
How would non/nevercoached/bitter jimmers have handled it, assuming you were there the way you matter of fact the last shot comment? That answer along with the top players list is awaited.....
Sincerely,
Coach Price
Old 02-01-18, 10:32 PM
All World

Quote:
I don't think there is a coach in the league that won't say he completely changes every game he's in.

No doubt, but if you don't finish in the top 6-7 or so in the league it can be tough to get someone 1st team. In this seasons situation I think he makes 1st team.
Old 02-02-18, 02:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Easy to say take the last shot. A TO when OH was working the clock down then when an opportunity to take the lead with 16 seconds presented itself they did.
How would non/nevercoached/bitter jimmers have handled it, assuming you were there the way you matter of fact the last shot comment? That answer along with the top players list is awaited.....
Sincerely,
Coach Price
Cute Coach. Just watched the tape. An opportunity presented itself several times throughout the one minute of holding the ball. Why not take the opportunity to score throughout the one minute delay. Why hold the ball period? The purpose was to take the last shot and win it or go to O.T. It was a clear mismanagement. Look at your career record Coach Price. It speaks for itself.
Old 02-02-18, 02:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl rick View Post
no doubt, but if you don't finish in the top 6-7 or so in the league it can be tough to get someone 1st team. In this seasons situation i think he makes 1st team.
no way!
Old 02-02-18, 03:21 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
VW and Price have some of the best talent year in and year out and never produce. Hamilton made a huge mistake bringing in this clown and Oak Hills is just plain ignorant to tolerate losing year and year out with the talent they have in the system.
You severely overrate the talent at Oak Hills over the years trying to grind your ax.

Last edited by yj_runfan; 02-02-18 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 08:19 PM
Freshman

TigerEye88 is on a distinguished road
27-17 middies at the half
Old 02-02-18, 08:35 PM
All World

Quote:
27-17 middies at the half
Middletown is going to be a sleeping troublemaker in the playoffs

Old 02-02-18, 09:13 PM
Freshman

49-46 sycamore middies donated that game
Old 02-02-18, 09:48 PM
All World

Quote:
49-46 sycamore middies donated that game
Yes, they gifted that game to Sycamore. My assessment of Middletown right now is they are going to get a horrible seed and probably upset 2 teams, especially if they get an ECC or SWOC team. They can upset a GMC team, but it will be harder since they will be ready for EJ.

Where Middletown falls short is their discipline during clutch time. I have zero confidence in their ability to control a game with a lead and their ability to run an effective set when a score is needed. It also appears they are never going to come out of a zone even if they are losing. Good luck winning games against most teams with that strategy.

First time watching Sycamore this year. I wasn't impressed. They have one shooter...........and that's about it. I will say that the overall talent of the team is a tick higher than what they seem to have in years past, but it's still not all that great. I'll clump them right there in the middle of the league with Fairfield, Hamilton and Middletown. Hamilton and Middletown have the most talent of the 4, but don't seem to have very good coaching.

Old 02-03-18, 02:20 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton-Lakota East

Big Blue's Benson becomes a rejecter, seals win over Lakota East

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...jC1oFoJhHqMgJ/
Old 02-03-18, 12:38 PM
All World

The Blue get the win over the Hawks. The Blue coach respects the East offense so that is a minor victory for East Cox obviously injured a bit however East not looking great. Didn't think the game was well played. Only the Blue victory is surprising in the GMC.
Old 02-03-18, 12:41 PM
All World

Philly, the Aviators aren't that talented and clearly a middle of the pack GMC but compared to previous years when I saw them this year they are playing better defense and just all around better effort. Doesn't that reflect the coaching? Did you think their strategy was poor against the Middie zone?
Old 02-06-18, 11:51 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
My Power Rankings after week 10 of the season

1. Princeton(14-3)(11-0)
Clear cut #1 all season long in the GMC. If Princeton wins @ LW, @ Middletown and at home on Saturday against Sycamore they will be outright GMC champs. If I'm not mistaken, if they win out they will be the 2nd GMC team to go undefeated in league history. The other team was Mason in 2016

2. Mason(13-3)(9-3)
After a tough loss to Middletown the Comets have been looking good against teams they should beat, but have turned their season back around. They can be in a good position to lock up that #2 spot with a win against Lakota East tonight

3. Lakota East(11-7)(8-4)
Lakota East lost a game they should of won against Hamilton this past Friday at home. Cox has to carry the load if they have any shot at beating Mason tonight. If they do beat Mason, they will be my new #2 in the GMC

4. Oak Hills(12-6)(8-4)
Losing to Lakota East by 1 point and Princeton by 20 is one thing, but to get beat by a bad Fairfield team by double digits is a issue. They still have some chances to move up in my rankings against @ Hamilton, @ Middletown, and at home with Mason

5. Hamilton(11-7)(6-6)
Hamilton had a good week outside of losing to Princeton by 27 points. The win against Lakota East was their best win on the season. If the Big Blue are going to show any fight this post-season they have to win out against @ Sycamore, Oak Hills, @ Mason, and @ Lakota West.

6. Sycamore(10-7)(6-5)
I thought this team had a real shot at beating Mason last Tuesday. But they got beat by 32 points at home. They did just beat a improving Middletown team in a ugly game. If they can win 4 of the next 5 games, they can make some movement in the rankings

7. Fairfield(7-11)(5-7)
I just can't read this team right now. The Indians had a great week with wins at Oak Hills and Colerain. This week might be a problem for the Indians with games against Middletown and @ Mason

8. Middletown(4-13)(3-9)
I know the record does not show how much this team has improved the last 2 weeks with EJ Williams in the mix now. They do have a tough finish coming up with @ Fairfield, Princeton, Oak Hills, and @ Springfield

9. Colerain(5-12)(2-10)
Tough loss to Fairfield last Friday night by 2 points. For Colerain basketball standards this team is much improved and at least competes. Maybe they can get 2 more wins @ Sycamore and against Lakota West or Middletown

10. Lakota West(3-14)(1-11)
All you can say good about this team is that they play hard in every game this year. The talent is just not coming anytime soon. Just wanted to know why they scheduled Moeller this year. But I can tell you that they will play hard
Old 02-06-18, 12:03 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Leading area scorers

Who are the top five scorers in the Journal-News coverage area? The GMC is well represented

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...gaGapEkNgW98O/
Old 02-06-18, 02:13 PM
All World

Will the #2-#7 positions change in the next two weeks? Should be a good number of close ones. Can't wait for jimmers hindsight analysis on players, coaches, and clock management.
Old 02-06-18, 09:56 PM
All American

oxat622
Bazley goes scoreless against West and played only 16 minutes. He get hurt or something?
Old 02-06-18, 11:04 PM
Freshman

Middies win 58-44
Old 02-06-18, 11:19 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
Bazley goes scoreless against West and played only 16 minutes. He get hurt or something?
Mercy?