Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-18, 09:23 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

Going to be very missed. rip - John Corby.
And RIP, Billy Ray Vulgar.

Back when Robert Smith was feuding with Elliot Uzelac over chemistry class, Billy Ray weighed in one evening, calling him "Doctor Robert Smith". I was a big Robert Smith fan, but that was funny.

I grew up with WTVN-AM from the age of 3 on. They pretty much lost me when they switched to the all-talk format, but their sound is still a part of me. I did listen to John Corby from time to time, but my days of keeping the station on that frequency were over.

Speaking of which, I just remembered that John Fraim passed away a short time ago. Actually, 17 months ago.

I may break out a bottle of Hiney wine this evening and sip a glass while reflecting on those good times listening to 610 AM.
Old 01-23-18, 11:28 AM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Bucks win ugly but, a win, is a win, is a win... .

Also. for those of you in the Central Ohio area (and actually state wide), I was shocked and very saddened to learn of the death of afternoon drive guy on 6.10, John Corby. John passed away at 61 after a very rapid and short illness as he was just on the air before MLK day.

I am out a lot at that time in a vehicle so unless I want Sean Hannity or WKNR's afternoon sports' drive guys, it often came back to Corby. Sort of droll, laconic very common sense kind of guy with a good heart and a tongue planted securely in cheek and I learned to like him a lot.

Did a lot of good things for C-town and seemed to be on the right side of most issues and controversies.

Going to be very missed. rip - John Corby.
Thanks Bevo and I saw that Diva also mentioned John Corby's passing. I'm not familiar with him, but I think it's interesting how we (the public) sometimes feel like TV and radio personalities, and certainly sportscasters, are almost like personal acquaintances. I know that there are certain personalities that I like to follow. Who knows, maybe it's just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
And RIP, Billy Ray Vulgar. .
Sorry Zunardo - I just saw your post. Billy Ray would also fall into this category.

ROCK ON!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: