Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-22-18, 12:32 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
LeBron getting out of his lane

Shut up and dribble.

It will be interesting to hear what, if anything, comes from LeBron James' latest self-important, naive', and potentially inflammatory musings from his HBO Barber Shop show.

I see snippets of video that ESPN is humping where Mr. KingJames is holding court with Todd Gurley and another guy, talking about the freedom afforded players in the NBA and comparing it to the oppressive "old white dudes" lording it over their players with a "slave-owner mentality" in the NFL.

Two different worlds, one racist millionaire.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 12-22-18 at 03:18 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-18, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
As long as whitey dominates ownership in the NBA, NFL these comments will resurface every few years.
Just the nature of the what is going on.

Everyone needs to be patient. Not nearly as many old black dudes who have the means and family history to be able to own teams. Going fwd this will change but it will be a slow process.
Old 12-22-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Count me in as wanting to be a "slave" making millions a year. Idiot.
Old 12-22-18, 01:57 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Sign me up to be a slave then
Old 12-22-18, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
As long as whitey dominates ownership in the NBA, NFL these comments will resurface every few years.
Just the nature of the what is going on.

Everyone needs to be patient. Not nearly as many old black dudes who have the means and family history to be able to own teams. Going fwd this will change but it will be a slow process.
I would love to watch the inner workings of LeBron's business enterprises evolve over the next few years, especially after he isn't competing on the floor and is unable to control the flow of 100 games a year.

Judging by his "little brother" crap pulled on the guy that sunk the Championship winning shot and his penchant for d1cking around servers in restaurants, he'll be a real gem. He undoubtedly will run his businesses with a "slave-owner mentality".
Old 12-22-18, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Count me in as wanting to be a "slave" making millions a year. Idiot.
They lynch and murder these guys if they refuse to play in the NFL, right ? Chase 'em down if they try to get away, right ?
Old 12-22-18, 02:32 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
The same guy who doesnt tip and has pretty much owned the front office of cleveland wants to talk about slave owner mentality. He basically ran the cavs. Better not look in the mirror

I honestly cant wait until he buys into a team and tries to run it like MJ. Just a terrible assessor of talent and i would imagine salary cap management will be equally bad.

Never understood why people think he is smart.
Old 12-22-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

The NBA is going to be a joke in a few years. Looking forward to watching the players ruin pro basketball with their revolution.
Old 12-22-18, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
The NBA is going to be a joke in a few years. Looking forward to watching the players ruin pro basketball with their revolution.
It's been a joke for like ten years now
Old 12-22-18, 03:03 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
LeBron thinks it's 1968.
Old 12-22-18, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Lebron will have the means to buy an NFL team and change the narrative if he wants. The Browns will be for sale in a decade after Haslam goes with they buy low, sell high mentality when the Browns win a few SBs.
Old 12-22-18, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
It's been a joke for like ten years now
Still profitable, though. The time is coming when the public won't shell out the same amount of cash for 70 games of Globetrotters v. Generals, the TVs will tune away as I have already, and it will collapse under its own weight. Or at least contract in a very ugly fashion
Old 12-22-18, 03:22 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Still profitable, though. The time is coming when the public won't shell out the same amount of cash for 70 games of Globetrotters v. Generals, the TVs will tune away as I have already, and it will collapse under its own weight. Or at least contract in a very ugly fashion
I want to watch the NBA but I just can't. The competitiveness of the game has become quite boring. The league has been built on player personalities. Right now, it's a pretty boring landscape. Too bad Lonzo Ball isn't a better player because his Dad makes in interesting.

The NFL is a team sport where fans live and die with their teams. Basketball is more entertainment. The NBA seems to be a cross between the NFL and WWE. Not quite a team based sport but not the scripted personality driven entertainment of professional wrestling.
Old 12-22-18, 03:24 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
I think LeBron is finally starting to alienate some of his fanbase with his racist rhetoric. Jordan took alot of heat because he didn't get deep into politics. LeBron would have been better off following his lead.
Old 12-22-18, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think LeBron is finally starting to alienate some of his fanbase with his racist rhetoric. Jordan took alot of heat because he didn't get deep into politics. LeBron would have been better off following his lead.
I dont think so.
This is one of those instances where people will react depending on if they have already liked or hated him.

Those who hated him will, and are, coming out of the woodwork but this isnt going to do a damn thing to alienate his fans whatsoever. There may be a small backlash but he wont be losing any sleep over this, nor will his Empire be tarnished or hurt by this.
Old 12-22-18, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I dont think so.
This is one of those instances where people will react depending on if they have already liked or hated him.

Those who hated him will, and are, coming out of the woodwork but this isnt going to do a damn thing to alienate his fans whatsoever. There may be a small backlash but he wont be losing any sleep over this, nor will his Empire be tarnished or hurt by this.
Not true of me, at all. My overall impression of the man has degraded steadily since the Kyrie complaints came out.

I still admire that he is continuing to reach back and lift up the local community from which he came. He does have an us v. them mentality that follows racial lines rather than economic ones at times, and he has had several moments that he shows himself as a racist. This is one.

Maybe he wants to start the "FUBU"FL, with a season that competes with the NFL's, and run it at a loss for a few years ? When players eschew the "slave masters' league" for FUBUball, I'll respect them all more.
Old 12-22-18, 08:49 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Where is LeBron wrong about NBA players having way more freedom than NFL guys?
Old 12-22-18, 08:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The NBA is on a much better trajectory than NFL or MLB. Itís more likely that it will pass the NFL than become a joke
Old 12-22-18, 09:03 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I am not disagreeing with that part.
Old 12-22-18, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Heís not wrong.
Old 12-22-18, 11:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He's not incorrect in that observation at all. I don't think anyone will argue against the obvious, but maybe 14red will show up itt.... It's obviously a cheap, race-baiting way to say it, though. It's pandering to one group and purposefully inflammatory toward a different group.

Maybe his show isn't drawing enough eyeballs ?
Old 12-22-18, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The NBA is on a much better trajectory than NFL or MLB. Itís more likely that it will pass the NFL than become a joke
They all have their own issues, but if you find the average NBA exhibition entertaining, then enjoy it
Old 12-23-18, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

The talent level is so high in the NBA right now that I find almost any game entertaining.

The NFL isn't a great long-term buy, but the foreseeable future looks bright with all the young QBs
Old 12-23-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They all have their own issues, but if you find the average NBA exhibition entertaining, then enjoy it
It's not really about whether he finds the current product entertaining, it's about your claim that the NBA will be a "joke" in a few years. It's kind of amusing watching old white men get butthurt about comments about old white men. Reminds me of lotr getting his feelings hurt last year over the anthem/Trump issue and predicting the demise of the NFL.
Old 12-23-18, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The talent level is so high in the NBA right now that I find almost any game entertaining.

The NFL isn't a great long-term buy, but the foreseeable future looks bright with all the young QBs
Individual plays or series of plays in a run are impressive, but so many contests just suck in the NBA. May as well just watch a highlight reel.....Globetrotters, meh

The decline in football participation isn't good for the NFL, but the parity in the construction of teams leads to a far better product for my viewing.
Old 12-23-18, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
It's not really about whether he finds the current product entertaining, it's about your claim that the NBA will be a "joke" in a few years. It's kind of amusing watching old white men get butthurt about comments about old white men. Reminds me of lotr getting his feelings hurt last year over the anthem/Trump issue and predicting the demise of the NFL.
ho-hum

You are such a zero. Truly useless.
Old 12-23-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
I don't think the NBA will be a "joke" as long as there are Millennial jersey chasers to root for players instead of teams. The fans of that sport imo, aren't team fans as much as they are player fans. As long as there are dynamic players, fans will follow that sh!tty sport.
Old 12-23-18, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't think the NBA will be a "joke" as long as there are Millennial jersey chasers to root for players instead of teams. The fans of that sport imo, aren't team fans as much as they are player fans. As long as there are dynamic players, fans will follow that sh!tty sport.
It is flourishing and will continue to flourish.

I do think we will see less team loyalty and more player loyalty.

I remember always following my fav players when they would move around, but I would never become a FAN of that team like we see now.

Going to my first NBA game in deades today. ANyone know a good bookie to place money on the Pacers? Face the BUllets whom went 2-3 OT last night!
Old 12-23-18, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah it holds little for me. Nothing is real until the playoffs. It's a joke to me.
Old 12-23-18, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ho-hum

You are such a zero. Truly useless.
Could be worse...
So 5 years from now when the NBA is still doing just fine, you'll admit that you're a moron and was wrong? Sorry Lebron hurt your feelings.