Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-17, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Toledo signed it's highest rated QB ever. Not that high rated recruits stay around more than they don't or succeed more than they don't. At a D1, I think he's in for a four year process to get D1 time, particularly at 6'1" and those programs will be every year trying to top with the next recruit.

I truly do hope ten years from now we read how well it all worked out. At the same, there's no guarantee everything would have worked perfectly at Va. Still hoping a high academic school comes calling with a football opportunity. He'll fit in somewhere on the team.
Old 12-29-17, 02:05 AM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Joey...Been watching this kid wrestle since he was a youngster, and a high state level at that.

Good luck to whatever he ends up doing !
Old 12-29-17, 07:37 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Early signing day has pretty much come and gone, it is going to get harder and harder from here on out to secure a scholarship to a D1. A quick check on scoutingohio.com shows a ton of D2 offers and 3 walk on offers to D1s. I sure hope he made the right decision in decomitting from UVA for wrestling. That education is sure hard to beat, Tiffin or IUP certainly aren't on the same caliber.
Not so sure about that. IUP is very highly regarded in many areas and I know from when my older children were looking at their options, it had some advantages over UVA and other such schools in a lot of areas. Tiffin is also a very good fit for some kids and would make more sense for certain areas of study over UVA. I'm not sure saying they aren't on the same caliber is accurate.

It's all about fit and what you are looking to get out of it. Given the three choices, I have two children that would probably have fit in well and been a better choice at UVA and two that would have been better at Tiffin or IUP.
Old 12-29-17, 10:08 AM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Virginia ranks in the top 25 nationally academically, IUP is in the 300's and Tiffin doesn't rank nationally. Yes there may be a program or two that may be better at the other two but the weight of a diploma from UVA is substantial. College is all about fit, and maybe he didn't feel like he did, who knows. The topic of tgis thread is that he was flodded with D1 offers and thats not the case. He gave up the opportunity to attend a top tier institution and it looks like he will end up at a lower tier one. I wish him the best.
Old 01-15-18, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Elon university where he going.
Old 01-15-18, 01:12 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Elon is a great school. Congratulations to him. Seems to have all worked out for the best.