Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-17, 06:55 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Have to keep Bruce and Jackson,goodbye Santana your just another Thome...Bam!..Greed $,$$$,$$$.$$
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-17, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Yonder alonso good signing.
Old 12-21-17, 02:14 PM
All District

J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
Alonso is typical yet good Tribe signing. He is cost efficient at 2yr-16M with no long term commitment. Coming off best year with 28 homers. Does not hit lefties well at all so I bet he will only face righty pitching mostly. EE or someone else will play 1st against lefties. Still trying to figure out what to do with Kipnis. I bet they have to eat some of that salary to get a team to trade for Kip.
Old 12-22-17, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
I actually like the Alonso signing.
Old 12-23-17, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

signed free agent RHP Lisalverto Bonilla
signed free agent RHP Alex Ogando
free agent LF Melvin Upton Jr.
Old 12-29-17, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

signed free agent 1B Yonder Alonso
Old 12-31-17, 07:12 AM
All American

JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Buckeyes done for the year means bring on pitchers and catchers reporting! I like the Yonder signing would have preferred Morrison but not much difference. Still think we need a little more help in the bullpen. Go Tribe!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-18, 06:26 AM
All Yappi

They still have Kipnis for bait,could get a couple in the Pen for him.
Old 01-03-18, 11:54 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
I've seen posts here and elsewhere suggesting to trade Kipnis. Not criticizing, but want to know why. For a team that will contend again, to me he seems like the best choice on the infield with Lindor and Ramirez. Do others think that Yandy Diaz or Urshela are better choices to be regulars?
Old 01-03-18, 03:20 PM
All District

Kipnis has battled injuries and is set to make 30M over the next two years so if Tribe can trade him it may allow them to spend elsewhere. Other issue is that 2b is Ramirez best position and he and Frankie turned a lot more DP's than with Kip at 2b. Jose more range too. Plus Diaz would give them a righty bat in lineup too. You may be right though that if Kip is not traded then he may be at 2b and Jose shipped back to 3b. I would love to see Kip healthy and produce like he did a couple years ago.
Old 01-04-18, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

I understand the $$ side of the discussion about Kipnis. And he was not himself last year due to injuries. But he'll be only 31 this spring, and the 5 seasons prior he averaged 140 games. 2015 and 2016 was 150 games and great production. I'd start him at 2B (or 3B?) if he is healthy and push for another WS appearance. Tribe has the team for it.
Old 01-05-18, 03:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Probably no one wants Brantley but him and Kipnis for a good bat,really need Bruce or Jackson.
Bam?

This is an English-speaking site. Try to be more clear. If I un-garble your gibberish, I think you are saying trade Brantley and Kipnis for a good hitter. I would defy you to propose one trade where the Tribe sends Brantley and Kipnis someplace and gets anything close to proper value back. And it has to be a trade that actually has a chance of happening.

I would argue that except for 2017, Kipnis has been healthy and productive, and if Brantley can somehow stay on the field the Indians have one of the best 3or 4 lineups in the AL. Combine that with their rotation, and they should be done with big player moves.
Old 01-05-18, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Hey teacher,get this pal...neither will ever play a full season again,time Dump them Both...BAM!
Old 01-06-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Raymo flexing his inner 1227 ........BAM!
Old 01-08-18, 07:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hey teacher,get this pal...neither will ever play a full season again,time Dump them Both...BAM!
So again I ask...

I would defy you to propose one trade where the Tribe sends Brantley and Kipnis someplace and gets anything close to proper value back. And it has to be a trade that actually has a chance of happening.
Old 01-08-18, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Good for you,Kipnis is on second till he gets hurt running to first base...BAM!
Old 01-08-18, 02:18 PM
All District

Yep, Tito confirmed what we thought last week. Could not trade Kip so he will be at 2b and Jose back to 3rd. We got to 7th game of WS like that in 2016 so let's hope for a repeat. I would imagine Diaz may platoon with Alonso at 1b since Alonso cannot hit lefties too well. Piece together OF until Brantley is ready around May 1 hopefully. I think they are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with Melvin Upton as righty bat in OF too. They have gotten lucky last two years with Davis and Jackson as one year pickups. Counting on pitching of course!
Old 01-10-18, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

Jay bruce is gone, cheap owners it sad.
Old 01-11-18, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

A) Jay Bruce was already gone - its called being a free agent
B) "Cheap Owners" - LOL.

Indians were 18th in the MLB in overall team payroll in 2017, and 13th in payroll for the 25 man roster.

This is despite them being 29th in attendance in 2015 and 28th in attendance in 2016, when they went to the World Series!! And they are very below average in their local cable TV revenue also. The fact that they spend on the roster at all for fans who never show up is impressive.
Old 01-12-18, 12:17 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Swish View Post
Yep, Tito confirmed what we thought last week. Could not trade Kip so he will be at 2b and Jose back to 3rd. We got to 7th game of WS like that in 2016 so let's hope for a repeat. I would imagine Diaz may platoon with Alonso at 1b since Alonso cannot hit lefties too well. Piece together OF until Brantley is ready around May 1 hopefully. I think they are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with Melvin Upton as righty bat in OF too. They have gotten lucky last two years with Davis and Jackson as one year pickups. Counting on pitching of course!
I really am sorry to see Ramirez headed back to third. Lindor and Kipnis are serviceable, but Lindor and Ramirez were sensational when they played the middle together. The middle is the heart of any team, and the Indians, with their outstanding pitching, two excellent defensive catchers who, combined put up decent power numbers, Zimmer ready to play a full season in center, and a Gold Glove shortstop, have a formidable core up the middle. To take Ramirez out of the mix, I believe, diminishes that. Kipnis just isn't in Ramirez' league as with the glove or turning two. Guess we'll have to see how this plays out.
Old 01-13-18, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Jay bruce is gone, cheap owners it sad.
Crazy money these guys are getting,Tribe can't give that for what he'll do...BAM!
Old 01-14-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I really am sorry to see Ramirez headed back to third. Lindor and Kipnis are serviceable, but Lindor and Ramirez were sensational when they played the middle together. The middle is the heart of any team, and the Indians, with their outstanding pitching, two excellent defensive catchers who, combined put up decent power numbers, Zimmer ready to play a full season in center, and a Gold Glove shortstop, have a formidable core up the middle. To take Ramirez out of the mix, I believe, diminishes that. Kipnis just isn't in Ramirez' league as with the glove or turning two. Guess we'll have to see how this plays out.
this
Old 01-14-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Crazy money these guys are getting,Tribe can't give that for what he'll do...BAM!
and this
Old 01-14-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
A) Jay Bruce was already gone - its called being a free agent
B) "Cheap Owners" - LOL.

Indians were 18th in the MLB in overall team payroll in 2017, and 13th in payroll for the 25 man roster.

This is despite them being 29th in attendance in 2015 and 28th in attendance in 2016, when they went to the World Series!! And they are very below average in their local cable TV revenue also. The fact that they spend on the roster at all for fans who never show up is impressive.
Isn't he special ?

His avatar is the helmet my kids and neighbors' wear They earn the right to wear it on the field. He got his from Yappi, and slams the kids in the HS football forum like they were pro players being paid to entertain him. One 17-yr old QB punched him in the face once.

My town has HIM as a free agent from Twinsburg, literally. We paid nothing for him. He's a local celebrity!!
Old 01-15-18, 12:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Isn't he special ?

His avatar is the helmet my kids and neighbors' wear They earn the right to wear it on the field. He got his from Yappi, and slams the kids in the HS football forum like they were pro players being paid to entertain him. One 17-yr old QB punched him in the face once.

My town has HIM as a free agent from Twinsburg, literally. We paid nothing for him. He's a local celebrity!!
You know that guy? I presumed it was an ignorant troll or child who can't spell. Wow.
Old 01-22-18, 06:41 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Isn't he special ?

Heaven forbid there's another one like him out there!
Old 01-23-18, 06:24 PM
All Yappi

Cleveland Indians signed free agent LHP Adam Wilk to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
Cleveland Indians signed free agent C Jack Murphy to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Logan Franco to a minor league contract.
Old 01-23-18, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

Cleveland Indians invited non-roster 1B Bobby Bradley to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster RHP Cameron Hill to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster 1B Nellie Rodriguez to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster RHP Cole Sulser to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster RHP Louis Head to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster RHP Josh Martin to spring training.
Cleveland Indians invited non-roster OF Richie Shaffer to spring training.
Cleveland Indians signed free agent LHP Robert Zarate to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
Old 01-24-18, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Austin hackson gone what a chesp owner, championship window is over.
Old 01-27-18, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

1/20/18 Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Samuel Vasquez to a minor league contract.
1/20/18 Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Robert Cruz to a minor league contract.
1/22/18 Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Juan Zapata to a minor league contract.

1/22/18 Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Logan Franco to a minor league contract.

1/26/18 Cleveland Indians signed free agent RHP Preston Claiborne to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: