Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-31-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
In what the media horde now calls a Friday tradition Urb releases statement clarifying findings of investigative report: https://twitter.com/OSUCoachMeyer

And in somewhat related news Kirk Herbstreit takes a dig at his employer about the MSU situation: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...state-coverage

Herbstreit fired off this missive in a now-deleted tweet: “Can't wait to watch, read, and listen to ALL the follow up stories from the same folks that had @MSUBasketball and @MSU_Football Guilty Until Proven Innocent. Is that one reporter that followed Coach Izzo around at post game pressers gonna chase him down now?!?”

And of course the reporter had to respond to Kirk via Twitter. ESPN really does seem to be developing into a "gotcha" type sports news operation.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-18, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
If the roles were reversed and this was a different school i dont think many on here would be as sympathetic to the "memory loss" and deleted texts.

The memory loss issue is believable IMO because he was recalling events from years ago. Urban lives a rather busy life (understatement of the year) and I dont think it is out of the question for him to forget certain details of his dealings with this issue and others.

The memory loss issue sounded like it was about a meeting , from a few years ago, he had and forgot who all was in the meeting, no big deal IMO.

However him seeking out how to delete texts from his phone is not a good look and coupled with the forgetting of certain events, it certainly can give the impression Meyer isnt being honest. Fair or not.

As stated earlier most important, busy men would have trouble recalling all events from years past. I have trouble remembering what i did yesterday lol
Wrong. Had this happened at any other school, even Michigan, I would give very little credence to the head coach’s role in a he said/she said toxic marriage between two loons. And Title IX holds my attention even less.
Old 08-31-18, 11:07 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Wrong. Had this happened at any other school, even Michigan, I would give very little credence to the head coach’s role in a he said/she said toxic marriage between two loons. And Title IX holds my attention even less.
My point of being sympathetic was towards the deletion of texts and memory loss. Dont kid yourself, you know many on here would crucify any other head coach if they deleted texts and suffered from memory loss.
Old 08-31-18, 11:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Recovering deleted text messages isn't exactly rocket science. If an appropriate party sees fit to retrieve them, they'll get them.

Whether he experiences it or not, "memory loss" is an actual documented side effect of one of his meds. Pretty hard to prove or disprove, I'd imagine, assuming there's no trail of texts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is specifically what I was referring to, the second paragraph. I doubt many would be understanding of memory loss in this situation.

I have already stated I think it is believable even without the medication side effects.

Literally just had a conversation with my boss about a specific horse that he sold over a month ago, he still thought it was on the property almost a weekly occurence with him forgetting things, but he is a busy man who owns five different businesses.
Old 08-31-18, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
My point of being sympathetic was towards the deletion of texts and memory loss. Dont kid yourself, you know many on here would crucify any other head coach if they deleted texts and suffered from memory loss.
Probably true in that respect, but I would still have some empathy toward the coach for even cooperating with the SJW poindexters who run the colleges.
Old 08-31-18, 11:18 AM
All World

What really irks me is it sounds like Mrs Smith is lying on many levels, which totally screws over others who want to honestly come forward with abuse claims.
Old 08-31-18, 11:20 AM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
And Zach Smith isn't just accepting everything that's happened and going away silently.

He is hammering the university and the suspensions - and his firing.

If the suspensions were for non-communication there's probably not much Meyer and G Smith can do.

If Z Smith's firing was due to DV, and there was no proven DV, this could get ugly yet for the university.

Agree with everyone that the university handled this poorly.
Old 08-31-18, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to see when...

... kicks in.

Like when OSU start $hit-canning Profs and Associate-Profs for DV
and/or Battelle finds some in it's own organization.

:>---

MARPAT
Old 08-31-18, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Well
I am an employer in the consteruction industry and that is a fact. If I would get in trouble for every DUI or Domestic that my employees have without ever being charged, I would have no one to help me. To me this Meyer thing has been outrageous and maybe a political backlash. Suspend me for 3 weeks and see how that goes with my employees. It is a good time to fish though!
Old 08-31-18, 02:00 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
I have a feeling that this won't end well for Urban Meyer. He will be hounded relentlessly by the media looking to uncover the next big issue.

They will also play a gotcha game with any information that they find. Instead of quietly letting the coach know of an incident, they will look for the time when releasing the information will do the most damage.

It feels like reporting on major sports and politics is merging in their sleaziness to get a gotcha moment so they can say they brought down someone significant.
Old 08-31-18, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It would be nice if the university had a backbone and told them in no uncertain terms to get lost. Unfortunately, I think will cave and Meyer will be gone after this season.
Old 08-31-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
From O'Brien to Meyer, I think that the OSU administration has not been getting the best legal advice.
Old 08-31-18, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I have a feeling that this won't end well for Urban Meyer. He will be hounded relentlessly by the media looking to uncover the next big issue.

They will also play a gotcha game with any information that they find. Instead of quietly letting the coach know of an incident, they will look for the time when releasing the information will do the most damage.

It feels like reporting on major sports and politics is merging in their sleaziness to get a gotcha moment so they can say they brought down someone significant.
Definitely has a lot more legs than the Izzo and Dantonio Michigan State fiasco. That was blown over pretty fast after all the hoopla. This is turning into a circus where people will start following the family into restaurants.
Old 08-31-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
In a few months no one will care. There will have been a dozen different new things for the sports media to focus on.

Assuming nothing further comes out, and OSU keeps winning, Urban will leave on his own terms.
Old 08-31-18, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
In a few months no one will care. There will have been a dozen different new things for the sports media to focus on.

Assuming nothing further comes out, and OSU keeps winning, Urban will leave on his own terms.
I think so too, though these national media types REALLY want Urban's head for some reason. A lot of willful ignorance happening right now.

Just need to lay low from here on out and ignore it. It will go away in time
Old 09-01-18, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post

It is their game. There are no laws requiring any deep level of cooperation with the media, but they realize that all that they have going for them as an offensive weapon is fear and intimidation. Those people that resist or disrespect them must be attacked. The modern bully media cannot permit others to be emboldened to also attempt to buck them. See: Donald Trump

When the media self-regulated for a bit of class or decorum, this dynamic of respecting the media worked. Now that the up-and-comers are SJWs and classless TMZ clones, f__ 'em. When one has achieved station in life and also holds the firm legal ground, they should treat bully media with nothing but contempt. It is really a moral imperative at this point in our history.