Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 05-02-17, 10:21 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but is he a D-1 prospect? Seems like a stretch...but like I said, he has 2 years.

And he doesn't seem to be big enough to play the O line.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 05-02-17, 11:28 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but is he a D-1 prospect? Seems like a stretch...but like I said, he has 2 years.

And he doesn't seem to be big enough to play the O line.
It's not a stretch for him to be a D1 DE, that's why he was invited to the UA Camp. I know you think every kid at Elder is just some hardworking stiff w/ no talent, but the kid was 6-4 220 as a Soph with 6 sacks, he's got talent.

I'm sure they're using him on the OL the same way they used Joe Schroer in certain situations.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 05-02-17, 12:45 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,177
PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
It's not a stretch for him to be a D1 DE, that's why he was invited to the UA Camp. I know you think every kid at Elder is just some hardworking stiff w/ no talent, but the kid was 6-4 220 as a Soph with 6 sacks, he's got talent.
More important than being D1, the true indication of talent is whether he gets voted to 1st team GCL. D1 football scholarships are mostly all politics.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 05-02-17, 12:45 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
Sure it's possible...but I didn't see anyone on the field last year that screamed D1. Like I said, he has 2 more years. Calm down ace.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-02-17, 01:18 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Sure it's possible...but I didn't see anyone on the field last year that screamed D1. Like I said, he has 2 more years. Calm down ace.
That's bc you're so dead set on believing Elder has zero talent. He went one on one with Carpenter from Moe and had a great game. If he played for any GCL school besides Elder, you'd be all over him. Pull your head out of your azz.

Last edited by Descartes; 05-02-17 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-02-17, 01:24 PM
Visitation_Football Visitation_Football is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-22-05
Location: North Bend, Ohio
Posts: 1,442
Visitation_Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but is he a D-1 prospect? Seems like a stretch...but like I said, he has 2 years.

And he doesn't seem to be big enough to play the O line.
He's been getting a lot of attention already, including from some major programs. There is no way he's going to be moved to the OL. He might play there in spot duty but he's the best defensive player they have.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 05-02-17, 01:32 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
He's been getting a lot of attention already, including from some major programs. There is no way he's going to be moved to the OL. He might play there in spot duty but he's the best defensive player they have.
He's already a better prospect than Schroer based on his size. Don't get me wrong, Joe Schroer was an awesome DE, but he didn't get the D1 looks bc he was a tweener b/w LB and DE size wise. There's no doubt Bono is DE size.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 05-02-17, 03:14 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
Again, not saying he's not going D1...I'm saying there wasn't anyone that stood out to me as being a D1 player. But I also never focused on him during games. Just saying he didn't particularly stand out to someone like me who was casually watching the game. I'll take a closer look this coming year.

I don't know these players as good as some of you do. Perhaps he should be getting more publicity if he's that good. From a casual fan's perspective, I don't know that he's a well known name.

Last edited by trey2k; 05-02-17 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 05-02-17, 03:31 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Again, not saying he's not going D1...I'm saying there wasn't anyone that stood out to me as being a D1 player. But I also never focused on him during games. Just saying he didn't particularly stand out to someone like me who was casually watching the game. I'll take a closer look this coming year.

I don't know these players as good as some of you do. Perhaps he should be getting more publicity if he's that good. From a casual fan's perspective, I don't know that he's a well known name.
So it's Elder's fault you aren't paying attention?
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 05-02-17, 03:36 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
Am I blaming someone? You make everything into an argument.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 05-02-17, 07:25 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,150
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Spencer Bono just tweeted that he received an offer from Iowa.
https://twitter.com/spencerbono52/st...52576299302912
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 05-02-17, 07:39 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Spencer Bono just tweeted that he received an offer from Iowa.
https://twitter.com/spencerbono52/st...52576299302912
That's awesome. He's only going to rack up more throughout the Summer. And at Trey 2K.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 05-02-17, 07:54 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but is he a D-1 prospect? Seems like a stretch...but like I said, he has 2 years.

And he doesn't seem to be big enough to play the O line.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 05-02-17, 08:51 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
Sure hope they don't move him to line then.

And like I said, I don't really follow these kids outside of watching them play a few times per year. I find it weird that you know so much about them.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 05-02-17, 11:32 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Sure hope they don't move him to line then.

And like I said, I don't really follow these kids outside of watching them play a few times per year. I find it weird that you know so much about them.

It's pathetic you spend as much time on here as you do, while admitting to not knowing much. This proves of how little value your opinion is worth.

Last edited by Descartes; 05-02-17 at 11:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 05-03-17, 06:14 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
I've said from the beginning that my opinion means nothing. It's funny how you think yours matters.

Once again...self awareness. Do you really think anyone on this forum values YOUR opinion?
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 05-03-17, 07:48 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I've said from the beginning that my opinion means nothing. It's funny how you think yours matters.

Once again...self awareness. Do you really think anyone on this forum values YOUR opinion?
Preach self awareness, yet you continue to spend hours each day on a site dedicated to something you pay little attention to, you're pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 05-03-17, 07:50 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,150
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Again, if you two want to do nothing more than argue with one another take it to private messages.
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 05-03-17, 09:26 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 671
trey2k is on a distinguished road
I'm not the issue here.
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 05-11-17, 06:01 AM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,603
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
An tweet from Mike Dyer that Elder retweeted yesterday, confirmed by Ramsey, said that Toledo offered a scholly to Bono. He adds that to his Iowa offer.
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 05-11-17, 01:41 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,150
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
According to Mike Dyer via Twitter, Spencer Bono received an offer from UC today. He now has offers from Iowa, Toledo and UC.

https://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/862738711175462912
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 05-18-17, 01:29 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,150
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
It's now official. Elder will open the season against Lakota West on Friday, August 26 at 6:00 PM at Nippert. https://www.skylinecrosstown.com/schedule
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 05-18-17, 06:35 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Posts: 2,501
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
It's now official. Elder will open the season against Lakota West on Friday, August 26 at 6:00 PM at Nippert. https://www.skylinecrosstown.com/schedule
So I was right, nothing new.
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 05-18-17, 08:49 PM
Vincent and Regina Vincent and Regina is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-13-08
Posts: 1,891
Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
We can play guess the options.

Let's eliminate some people.
Let's get rid of the GCL-S because we won't play them twice.
We can get rid of Colerain because they are playing LaSalle
Using this thread http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297839
We can get rid of a lot of GMC teams.
Oak Hills we play week 2 so they are out
Princeton plays West Clermont
Sycamore plays Loveland
Lakota East plays Walnuts Hills
Hamilton plays Moeller
Mason plays Springboro
Middletown plays Lima Senior
Fairfield plays Centerville

So the only GMC team left is Lakota West.

Now Lakota West has played us in the past, but I don't see them playing us again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
Using this thread http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297649
We can come with a few more options.

Canton Glen Oak
Powell Olentangy Liberty (open and very good team might be in same boat)
Toledo Whitmer
Lancaster
Springfield
Wayne (They cry about playing in the showdown and do their own "showdown" I would rule them out)

My guess Powell Olentangy Liberty or Lakota West.
I am pretty sure I guessed this first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 15 04-07-17 09:05 PM
2017 Football scheduling jbica001 Barberton Magics 6 12-12-16 02:06 PM
Week 2: Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings LeopardNation Football 3 09-03-16 12:43 PM
One Weekend Football Referee Class Refman Football 0 07-14-15 01:48 PM
High School Football Concussions - Illinois Lawsuit bluengold Football 8 12-04-14 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz