Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-18, 07:41 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Ohio Natives- 2018 NFL Draft

#4- Denzel Ward: Ohio State, Cleveland Browns... Macedonia Nordonia

Brian's boy is the 1st Ohio native off the board!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-26-18, 09:28 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
#21- Billy Price: Ohio State, Cincinnati bengals... Austintown Fitch
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-18, 11:12 AM
Scipio Scipio is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-11-01
Posts: 707
Scipio is on a distinguished road
My money is on a Warren native son going next. Maybe even right out of the gate.

Last edited by Scipio; 04-27-18 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-27-18, 06:37 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
#39- James Daniels: Iowa, Chicago Bears... Warren G. Harding
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-18, 08:57 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
#73- Jerome Baker: Ohio State, Miami Dolphins... Cleveland Benedictine
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-18, 09:05 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
#77- Sam Hubbard: Ohio State, Cincinnati Bengals... Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller

Gotta be pretty cool to get drafted by your hometown team.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-18, 05:10 PM
oxat622 oxat622 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-05
Location: Oakley
Posts: 1,444
oxat622
#227 Quentin Poling - Miami Dolphins, Ohio, Elida

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-18, 06:06 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,914
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
#227 Quentin Poling - Miami Dolphins, Ohio, Elida

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Just woke up and saw. I knew that I remembered that name! I made his film for Scouting Ohio a while ago! Loved his game back then! Great for him!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-28-18, 07:16 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,047
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
FA Tegray Scales Colerain signs with the Rams
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-18, 06:10 AM
oxat622 oxat622 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-05
Location: Oakley
Posts: 1,444
oxat622
FA Troy Mangen, Ohio, Northmont, signs with Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-18, 08:54 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 9,990
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Don't understand why Baker and Hubbard (or others) leave early to go 3rd round or later. I think they could have gone 1st. But I am sure they/advisors know what they're doing (I hope).

Regardless, congrats to all!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-18, 01:00 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,571
Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Don't understand why Baker and Hubbard (or others) leave early to go 3rd round or later. I think they could have gone 1st. But I am sure they/advisors know what they're doing (I hope).

Regardless, congrats to all!
In Hubbards case, unless he was going to get a faster 40,[not likely] he wasn't going to go any higher than where he went this year; but if he got injured, he would have gone lower next year or not drafted. With everything else being equal; gets an extra year of NFL pay than if he waited a year.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-30-18, 07:19 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,876
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hubbard also has a degree.

Baker's stock tanked from sophomore to junior year. He was talked about as a first rounder after his breakout sophomore year. Then a year of terrible pass coverage, constantly getting killed by TEs, he dropped to where he did. Another year likely drops him further. He's more of an athlete than a football player. Both players clearly maxed out their draft stock.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-18, 12:23 PM
WJ-OSU-STEELERS WJ-OSU-STEELERS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-13
Posts: 101
WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
Regarding OSU Sam Hubbard or any player, if you are expected to drafted in the drafted in the first 2 or 3 rounds I think you almost have to enter the draft. The average length of a NFL career is less that 4 seasons. The rookie NFL contract for drafted players is slotted $$$, is a 4 year contact for players drafted in rounds 2 thru 7 while the 1st rounders have a 4 year contact with year 5 being a team option. The good NFL players make the big $$$ on their 2nd NFL contract. In Hubbard's case, even if he were come back to school and the following year move up to a 1st rounder it would extend his chance to get a 2nd contact two years (the one year back to school & the team option 5th year of the rookie deal). The difference in $$$ is:
* Hubbard is expected to get a 4 year, 3.8 mil contact with $930,000 guaranteed & paid as the signing bonus based on his being drafted in the 3rd round (#77 overall)
* The #25 pick of the first round this year will get a 4 year, $11,179,000 mil contact with $6.2 mil paid as the singing bonus guarantee.

Next year they are projecting 7 of the top 10 players to be defensive line players which could push a guy like Hubbard down further than where he was drafted this year. Yes, if you come back and improve your draft status one can make more $$$ on your first contact but you could also get hurt and/or decrease your draft status.

Found a nice site that gives the salaries for drafted players by year:
www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-18, 01:01 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,232
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
Regarding OSU Sam Hubbard or any player, if you are expected to drafted in the drafted in the first 2 or 3 rounds I think you almost have to enter the draft. The average length of a NFL career is less that 4 seasons. The rookie NFL contract for drafted players is slotted $$$, is a 4 year contact for players drafted in rounds 2 thru 7 while the 1st rounders have a 4 year contact with year 5 being a team option. The good NFL players make the big $$$ on their 2nd NFL contract. In Hubbard's case, even if he were come back to school and the following year move up to a 1st rounder it would extend his chance to get a 2nd contact two years (the one year back to school & the team option 5th year of the rookie deal). The difference in $$$ is:
* Hubbard is expected to get a 4 year, 3.8 mil contact with $930,000 guaranteed & paid as the signing bonus based on his being drafted in the 3rd round (#77 overall)
* The #25 pick of the first round this year will get a 4 year, $11,179,000 mil contact with $6.2 mil paid as the singing bonus guarantee.

Next year they are projecting 7 of the top 10 players to be defensive line players which could push a guy like Hubbard down further than where he was drafted this year. Yes, if you come back and improve your draft status one can make more $$$ on your first contact but you could also get hurt and/or decrease your draft status.

Found a nice site that gives the salaries for drafted players by year:
www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
It's also never too early to start accumulating time toward the league's pension plan in case that extremely lucrative second contract doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-18, 06:57 AM
eucwrestler eucwrestler is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-26-14
Location: Cleveland St University
Posts: 474
eucwrestler is on a distinguished road
Saw a few others:
Linden Stephens - CB - Cincinnati Bearcats - New Orleans Saints (FA) product of Euclid
Jon Cunningham - DT - Kent State Golden Flashes - Atlanta Falcons (FA) product of Bedford
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-18, 07:09 AM
Picktowncentral Picktowncentral is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 375
Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
I was surprised Godwin Igwebuike (Pickerington North - Northwestern) didn't get drafted. He ended up signing with Tampa.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-18, 07:52 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,841
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Michael McCray-Michigan,Trotwood signed with Miami(FA)
Airius Moore-N.C. State, Beavercreek signed with Arizona(FA)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-18, 02:29 PM
Rangerfan Rangerfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-07-02
Location: New Knoxville
Posts: 408
Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Ethan Wolf (Minster - Tennessee) signs with the Tennessee Titans
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-18, 02:45 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,131
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Corner Kent State and Winton Woods High School picked by the Raiders.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-01-18, 02:56 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,876
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Corner Kent State and Winton Woods High School picked by the Raiders.
Pretty sure the Raiders can't pick up an entire high school.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-02-18, 02:39 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,131
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Pretty sure the Raiders can't pick up an entire high school.
opps. My bad. Should have proof read my post.

Winton Woods grad. Kent State grad, Jerrell Foster picked by the Raiders to play corner.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-02-18, 03:29 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,876
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-03-18, 08:30 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,841
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Malik Zaire-Notre Dame,Florida,Alter H.S. signed (FA) w Jacksonville
Heath Harding-Miami of Ohio,Dayton Christian H.S. signed(FA) w Atlanta
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-18, 08:57 AM
jafo jafo is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-09
Posts: 451
jafo is on a distinguished road
Joseph Davidson Findlay High School, Bowling Green...FA punter Arizona Cardinals.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-18, 10:48 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,370
fish82 will become famous soon enough
Kyle Meadows OT signed with Green Bay.
Kayaune Ross WR signed with the Colts.

Both from UK by way of The WC.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-03-18, 11:48 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 240
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Don't understand why Baker and Hubbard (or others) leave early to go 3rd round or later. I think they could have gone 1st. But I am sure they/advisors know what they're doing (I hope).

Regardless, congrats to all!
They see $$! Some look at it like this. If they are a projected 3rd, possibly a 2nd then take the chance, rather than wait a year and maybe get an injury.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
NFL DRAFT 2018 Predictions And Other Chat CusswordExpert614 National Football Board 1 01-29-18 01:59 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Junior National Duals- Team Ohio MikeMattin Wrestling 25 06-25-17 09:35 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz