Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Orrville by 15+ 8 12.90%
Orrville by 8-14 18 29.03%
Orrville by 1-7 11 17.74%
Johnstown-Monroe by 1-7 14 22.58%
Johnstown-Monroe by 8-14 8 12.90%
Johnstown-Monroe by 15+ 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-18, 09:19 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
D V State Championship: Orrville (12-2) vs Johnstown-Monroe (13-1)

Who wins? Vote and discuss
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-18, 11:45 AM
All Region

14svt is an unknown quantity at this point
Johnstown with the Win
These boys are on a mission

Last edited by 14svt; 11-25-18 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-25-18, 11:48 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Orrville has surprised many getting here. I think they may surprise again.
Old 11-25-18, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Good luck, Orrville!

I believe Marquael Parks is 30-some points from the OHSAA single season scoring record. But they've proven to be much more than just Parks.
Old 11-25-18, 02:01 PM
Freshman

brownswarrior is on a distinguished road
Best D will decide this game 21 looks like a young Barry Sanders!! crazy good
Old 11-25-18, 06:00 PM
All Region

Purplesage is on a distinguished road
Smuckerville better be good at swatting gnats because that's what the Johnies are a bunch of pesky gnats!!!!! Smallest fastest team I've seen in years!!!!
Old 11-27-18, 11:01 AM
Junior Varsity

WoosterBuckeye is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Riders! They probably have the best athlete in Parks, but also a good supporting cast.
Old 11-27-18, 11:08 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Feel like our league and region has really prepared us.

Our D has went against some really good backs this year.
Marthey (Tuslaw) twice, Wright (Manchester) twice, Charleston (Gilmour) & Tucker (CVCA).

The thought this year has been if we can win the right combination of games we could make the playoffs and win the league...and then it was "can we get out of our region?" knowing Gilmour and Manchester would be challenges.

Playoffs are about matchups, team health and a little bit of luck. We've been on the good side of all 3 so far. Parks is a difference maker on both sides of the ball but we've got a lot around him. Similar to the 98 team with Dru Robinson, he grabbed a lot of headlines...but had plenty around him as well.
Old 11-27-18, 03:35 PM
Varsity

Osu13 is on a distinguished road
Have not seen either team play but was blown away by the Johnstown- Wheelersburg score. Johnstown also beat DIV final four team Licking Valley earlier on in the year. Sounds like they aren't the biggest of teams size wise but quickness and speed kills. Should be a great game!!
Old 11-27-18, 05:11 PM
Freshman

Raylan_Givens is on a distinguished road
Rain all day Saturday. Does it affect JM's snappy ball handling or ORR's ability to go over the top?
JM's line might be one of the best of the weekend. ORR's skill requires DBs to make tackles.
ORR scored 38pts on 40 plays last week. JM plays "running clock" games from the kickoff & makes you pay for TO's.
This really could be one of the best of the weekend.
Old 11-27-18, 06:05 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen Johnstown but I have seen plenty of Orville to doubt them. They are very talented. Parks makes plays on both sides of the ball and if you focus on him, Domer can hurt you with Hall and the taller kid outside. I will go with Orville.

Just a thought, Imagine if Orville still had the Phipps kid from last year. Holy cow would they be good!!
Old 11-27-18, 06:50 PM
All Region

Don’t to much about Orrville except I see you have a very fast RB But you guys will be facing “The 3 Headed Monster”
Johnstown has a very decent size line Our QB will hurt you with Feet, 2 very good back , and get ready for ground and pound offense That wear Defenses out , Our Defense is Very fast on the line So your QB better be ready to run or throw We also have faced a lot of RBs With great yards all year
But I have Johnstown winning this Seeing you said Parker plays both ways he will get wore out
these boys are on a mission to win state and they have been saying this since August
Old 11-27-18, 06:55 PM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
Being a close neighbor, my heart is pulling for Orrville. Go Red Riders!
Old 11-27-18, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Stick 9 in the box and The Johns are helpless to veer from their game plan. If you have them down by 30 at the half, they’ll still be grounding and pounding. I’d be interested in knowing how many pass completions they have in 14 games.
Old 11-27-18, 07:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Stick 9 in the box and The Johns are helpless to veer from their game plan. If you have them down by 30 at the half, theyíll still be grounding and pounding. Iíd be interested in knowing how many pass completions they have in 14 games.
Good luck with that
Old 11-27-18, 11:47 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Stick 9 in the box and The Johns are helpless to veer from their game plan. If you have them down by 30 at the half, theyíll still be grounding and pounding. Iíd be interested in knowing how many pass completions they have in 14 games.
In the game they lost this year, I'm pretty sure they had zero, against that same team last year they also had zero pass completions, on 1 attempt.
Old 11-28-18, 02:42 AM
All Region

erdna is on a distinguished road
Good luck JM from Steubenville. I think it's your time to win it all. As for 14svt...you can still go to hell you bum!
Old 11-28-18, 07:37 AM
All District

bob99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylan_Givens View Post
Rain all day Saturday. Does it affect JM's snappy ball handling or ORR's ability to go over the top?
JM's line might be one of the best of the weekend. ORR's skill requires DBs to make tackles.
ORR scored 38pts on 40 plays last week. JM plays "running clock" games from the kickoff & makes you pay for TO's.
This really could be one of the best of the weekend.
The weather might be more of a hindrance to Orrville's running back Parks. The kid can switch directions in a heartbeat. If the rain limits his ability to make his cuts Orrville could be in trouble.
Old 11-28-18, 08:18 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
The weather might be more of a hindrance to Orrville's running back Parks. The kid can switch directions in a heartbeat. If the rain limits his ability to make his cuts Orrville could be in trouble.
If itís a Downpour I see Johnstown eating up the clock and Grounding the ball every run they have 3 backs Plus if Orrville plays players both sides of the ball 2nd half they maybe tired
Old 11-28-18, 09:55 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
What's with the recurring "Orrville will get tired" comments? I've yet to see it and if you're banking on that you're in for a letdown.

If Parks gets loose (rain or no rain) have fun chasing him. That has worn out a lot of our opponents this year. He's got lots of talent around him...so careful focusing too much attention on him.
Old 11-28-18, 09:59 AM
Freshman

Lightning2 is on a distinguished road
I like Johnstown in this one. They have continued to impress me throughout the year and see this team finishing the season the right way. Good luck to both
Old 11-28-18, 10:09 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider1 View Post
What's with the recurring "Orrville will get tired" comments? I've yet to see it and if you're banking on that you're in for a letdown.

If Parks gets loose (rain or no rain) have fun chasing him. That has worn out a lot of our opponents this year. He's got lots of talent around him...so careful focusing too much attention on him.
It's pretty bizarre isn't it. Orville went against some really good teams with some really good talent and now all of the sudden they will fatigue? I will bet that Johnstown has not seen the quality of backs that Orville has. They went against Wright 2 times and Tucker and held up fine. Both made plays and got their yards but it wasn't like it was because Orville was gassed. SMH.
Old 11-28-18, 10:16 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

rider, your QB hurt us as much, if not more, in the Regional Championship game. My hopes are on Orrville.
Old 11-28-18, 10:17 AM
Varsity

Osu13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Just merely someone's opinion which may or may not come true but that's why they play the games! I think Johnstown put everyone on notice when they blasted the defending DV champs Wheelersburg last week. Orrville has had a nice run to so this looks to be a great matchup!!
Old 11-28-18, 10:34 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Orrville wins this game by three touchdowns. R17 is the most underrated region in any division this year. Any of the top four teams in that region would win the DV title. The real state championship in DV was probably played in week 12 or week 13. Manchester and Gilmour would both win this week by at least two scores. LaBrae would win by at least a touchdown.
Old 11-28-18, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

I get the feeling that both teams have been doubted or underestimated at times this year. Hoping for (and expecting) a great game! Good luck to Orrville!
Old 11-28-18, 11:06 AM
All District

bob99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Orrville wins this game by three touchdowns. R17 is the most underrated region in any division this year. Any of the top four teams in that region would win the DV title. The real state championship in DV was probably played in week 12 or week 13. Manchester and Gilmour would both win this week by at least two scores. LaBrae would win by at least a touchdown.
I saw Johnstown play Steubenville in a D!V playoff game a couple of years ago. They were a well coached hard nose football team. I think they are happy to be DV now and are better suited for this division.
Old 11-28-18, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

I saw Johnstown-Monroe play in-person when they faced off against Norwayne in the state semifinals in 2011. Norwayne beat them by 31 and ended up knocking off Kenton in the state finals.
Old 11-28-18, 12:36 PM
Varsity

SAM6482 is on a distinguished road
Went to JM and Burg game.

Texted some buddies prior to game during warm-ups and said Burg wins the eye test easily.

Texted the same buddies after Burg scored on their second play from scrimmage and said looks like it might be a running clock. Glad no one was around me to wager anything because I would have went all in on Burg at that moment in time.

That was the only thing Burg did all night. Wasn't the same team as Burg had last year but still JM simply dominated every aspect of the game. Know nothing about Orrville but if JM can stay ahead of the chains or close to it, and stay in their game plan they will be a tough out. Their QB #39 is small in stature only, plays big and is tough, same with their backs.

Appeared to me they had a true 2-platoon system for O&D, or at least very close to it. Struck me as odd for a DV but they obviously did well with it. Look forward to watching this game on TV.
Old 11-28-18, 01:45 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballDNA is on a distinguished road
Orrville only plays their stud skill players both ways looks like they platoon most of their team as well. I think if JM can get 10-15 play drives and make orrville drive the field and limit big plays by their 3 studs (21,3,4) I think jtown will grind it out. I think Jtown D will surprise if they stay focused on their job and not leave their assignment trying to stop parks. Jtown needs to get out to an early lead