Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-01-15, 07:55 AM
Freshman

notre dame
Alliance (NE) D2 District - brackets (now posted), discussion, etc

A lot of district brackets are up just
Wondering when Alliance will put theirs
Out.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-15, 08:02 AM
Junior Varsity

jaxn is on a distinguished road
They were the last ones posted last season as well.
Old 03-01-15, 09:08 AM
Freshman

kasner is on a distinguished road
Pairings

This is getting pathetic every year the alliance district is last to post pairings. The system that they use is total crap. Me. Sikora is a nice guy but his program sucks. First only one side of the gym can see a score board, he charges you to see anything and you can never get past results without spending time searching. It is time for alliance to use track wrestling and ditch the current one
Old 03-01-15, 09:09 AM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
*are
Old 03-01-15, 09:17 AM
Varsity

highcrotch21 is on a distinguished road
They are now up on Kap
Old 03-01-15, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
The brackets are now posted.
kapwrestling.net
Old 03-01-15, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Forecasted number of state qualifiers for each team
6- SVSM
5- Padua, Canfield
4- West Branch
3- Lake Catholic, Poland, Southeast, Coventry, Alliance
2- CF Northwest, Marlington, CVCA, Howland, Perry, Norton
1- Hoban, Tallmadge, Field, Crestwood, Ravenna, Revere, Salem, Streetsboro, Ash. Edgewood

Among the bigger number qualifier teams, I think Padua and W. Branch could end up with one less, Perry the type of team that could snag one more.

Predicted medal match pairings - the first name is the one that would be at top of the draw.

1st: Ryan/Cardello
3rd: Schopfer/Stricker
5th: Williams/Brainard

Kosco/Decesare
Ginnetti/Grant
Toth/Ondash

Wymer/Freeman
Pastiva/Deshon
Gerback/Lovejoy

Poullas/Simpson
Petras/Chell
Persinger/Ngiraingas

Carter/Bailey
Joseph/Frost
Miller/Yoho

Wrobel/Koontz
Bennett/Steer
Ness/Swaney

Dobben/Kaminski
McPeak/Nagy
McIntire/Kirsh

Lake/Crawford
Jackson/Knaus
Farmer/Mercer

Hughes/Rupert
Fasnacht/Audi
Schenk/Heath

Winning/Whisler
Myers/Cook
Lester/Cooper

Radich/Lehman
Szep/Slocum
Lake/Gissinger

Kremiller/Rowland
Elrod/Whyde
Jenkins/Fornaro

Esarco/Brumley
Ellis/Mason
Higgins/Cox

Bischoff/Truhn
Barnes/Sharp
Phillips/Bell
Old 03-01-15, 11:08 AM
Varsity

Mark Adelman is on a distinguished road
Great job Bucksman. I'm printing out the brackets (the first of many times I think) and will give this a go as well. Probably will be pretty close to what you have projected, Josh. I do see a couple differences though.
I have some snow to remove and a family function to attend (four birthdays at the end of February).
I'll start another thread for the prediction contest entries only sometime today.
Old 03-01-15, 02:07 PM
Varsity

As with the individual sectional threads, I'll post a preview of my thoughts here. I work wrestling in around my life (not the other way around), so I will do the weights as I can. I have a lot of info on all the wrestlers and have seen most of them compete this season. Some from the Lake Catholic sectional I haven't seen but I do try to get around as much as possible.
Before I start, I want to thank all the wrestlers for making something like this possible. Lots of hard work and sweat is involved. I wrestled way back in the day, but still fondly remember making weight and it's rituals well. This district usually has several wrestlers most avid fans just pencil in as advancing to Columbus. This year is no different, but I see a lot of parity in most weights. By parity, I mean wrestlers of equal or close to equal skills and experience. Conditioning and heart will come into play in most of the individual match ups.
I'll start looking at 106 now. I have about 45 minutes until company arrives and I still have to catch my breath from shoveling snow.

Sorry I took so long to get started. House full of kids and grand kids (former and future wrestlers).

I'm picking wrestlers here from my research and observations. Regardless of who I pick, the matches have to be wrestled and this time of the year anything can happen. I do this with no dogs in the fight and no disrespect to any competitor. I have been proven wrong before and expect to be again. Let's get the discussion begin!!

I see lots of competitive matches from the get go but it will start getting really tough in the 1/4 finals. I haven't seen Ryan from Lake Catholic but his results speak for their self. Brainard will be a tough match but he should prevail. Schopfer and Carone should also be a good match. I'll go with the senior. In the semi finals, I have Ryan/Schopfer up top and Stricker/Cardello in the bottom half. I give Ryan a slight edge. Cardello has a decisive victory over Stricker this season. I see Stricker only has one loss to date. I'll go with Cardello to take this and the final.
In the consolation bracket I have Williams/Wright and Carone/Brainard in the 3rd round (winner places). I'm taking Wright and Brainard.

1-Cardello 2-Ryan 3-Stricker 4-Schopfer 5-Brainard 6-Wright

We have a lot of returning district qualifiers from the 106 class of 2014 now at this weight. Most placers I have pegged in this season are among them. Decesare and Kosco are both returning state placers (2nd and 5th respectively). Decesare also placed 6th in 2013. I'm going with Kosco but it is not an easy decision. Both are having great 2015's. Grant is also a returning state qualifier as is Ginetti (from 2013).
I'm figuring Kosco and Decesare in the final (Kosco over Ondash and Decesare over Grant in the semis). Toth from Perry is a returning state qualifier and will have a say in that. He should face Ondash in a 1/4 final. I have Ondash taking that, dropping Toth to the consolation bracket, where in the conso 3rd round I have a Bailey/Toth match up. Bailey has a decision over Toth this season. I'm going with him. That leaves Ondash/Ginetti and Grant/Bailey in the consolation semi finals (or go to state match). Ginetti was a 2-0 OT winner last weekend in the W Branch final so IMO if this match happens it is a virtual toss up.

1-Kosco 2-Decesare 3-Grant 4-Ginetti 5-Ondash 6-Bailey

This will be one of those weights where all picks could go out the window quickly. Most of the top wrestlers have faced one or more of each other sometime during the season with most results being close. I have Wymer/Pastva and Freeman/DeShon clearing to the finals. Neither will have an easy time. Wymer did tech fall Pastva at Top Gun but I look for a closer match this time around. The bottom of the bracket has 4 four wrestlers who have seen each other this season. Lovejoy has won by fall over the other three. He has a proclivity to get the initial takedown, putting his opponent on his back and scoring the fall. I'm looking for a DeShon/Lovejoy 1/4 final, with DeShon getting out of the first period this time. If things go as figured, I have Pastva and Lovejoy in the top consolation semi and Pidgeon wrestling back in the bottom to meet DeShon.

1-Freeman 2-Wymer 3-Pastva 4-DeShon 5-Lovejoy 6-Pidgeon

Poullas is a definitive favorite at this weight. If they wrestled this tournament more than once, after him I see a handful of grapplers that could change placement positions each time. Simpson is a two time state placer, Petras placed last season and Chell was an alternate in 2013. Persinger and Ngiraingas both qualified to Columbus last season. We will see how it plays out starting Friday evening as Petras/Ngiraingas and Persinger/Simpson should match up in 1/4 final battles.

1-Poullas 2-Chell 3-Petras 4-Simpson 5-Persinger 6-Ngiraingas

This looks to be a weight that could be full of surprises. Frost, Vetturini and Boley have missed time this season and wrestled 138 a lot when healthy. Bailey also spent most of the season at 138. Carter looked to be at the top of his game at the SVSM sectional and is the favorite here. He is the only wrestler I feel very confident in saying will advance to Columbus. I have Carter/Frost and Joseph/Vetturini in the top half quarters. Frost does have a win over CVCA's Bennett this season so will be a dangerous opponent for Carter. The latter match up will be a good one as well. I have Carter and Joseph advancing to the upper semi. In the bottom half, first round meetings between Yacapraro/Miller and Yoho/Boley will be close contests and could go either way IMO. I'm taking Yacapraro and Boley and the latter to make the semi bout but with trepidation and Bailey clearing to the final. In the consolation bracket I look for McKenzie/Yacapraro and Vetturini/Frost pairings in the 3rd round.

1-Carter 2-Bailey 3-Frost 4-Joseph 5-McKenzie 6-Boley

This is a weight that I'm counting eight really tough competitors (Wrobel, Koontz, Bennett, Regalbuto, Steer, Dantimo, Ness and Swaney) with only four qualification spots to Columbus. Because of bracketing most will have the chance to advance with the opportunity to get it done on the mat. I'm fairly confident Wrobel, Koontz and Bennett will occupy three of those spots to Columbus.
I have Wrobel clearing his half, winning the title and remaining unbeaten. He will have four tough matches along the way starting with Dantimo in the first round, then Swaney and Bennett. In the bottom half I have Koontz clearing to the final. The match of intrigue and impact will be Steer/Regalbuto in the first round. I have Regalbuto winning and advancing to the semis. I could have penciled in Steer with no regrets. Both were district placers last season. Regardless of who wins, I see a rematch of these two in the bottom consolation semi final but the loser will have to get through Swaney in the consolation second round. In the top half of the consolations I have Ness and Dantimo meeting to get to the conso semis.

1-Wrobel 2-Koontz 3-Bennett 4-Regalbuto (Orange) 5-Steer (W Branch) 6-Dantimo (Streetsboro)

The top two here are Kaminski and Dobben. They are 1-1 this season against each other, both one point decisions (Kaminski takes sectional 2-1). I see Nagy and McPeak as the main competition and they will meet up in the 1/4 finals (Dobben/Nagy and Kaminski/McPeak). Matches that could have placement implications start in the first round with Kirsh/Romano. Kirsh won their meeting this season 6-5 at the CVC tournament. I'm seeing an evenly matched duo. McIntire and Hagenbush should match up in a 1/4 final. This is a rematch from the state duals that McIntire won 5-2.

1-Dobben 2-Kaminski 3-Nagy 4-McPeak 5-McIntire 6-Kirsh

This weight is stacked with hard nosed quality wrestlers throughout the entire bracket. I'll make my picks but all the matches from the first whistle will be hard fought and close (I think). There has been movement to this weight from 145 and lots of wrestlers who missed time due to injury or other things that make it a prognosticators nightmare. I'll do my best and expect many outcomes to be different than I pick.

1-Lake 2-Knaus 3-Farmer 4-Crawford 5-Mercer 6-K Jackson

As with 152, I see a lot of parity in this weight class. The four qualifiers from W Branch alone have all traded wins this season amongst each other as have many at the other three sectionals. This is a deep weight and the fireworks start early.

1-Hughes 2-Rupert 3-Fasnacht 4-Schenk 5-Audi 6-Cox

I have Whisler and Winning clearing to the final with Whisler taking the top spot. After those two, the field tightens into a knot. Cooper dropped off my radar as Hofsess was getting the mat time for Canfield, but he's back and is a player here. I have Cooper/Myers in 1/4 number 1 with Myers winning. The freshman Johnson moved to 170 (away from the landmine at 160 in Beloit last weekend). He could surprise. Lester/Mellon meet in a first round rematch (Lester taking the first meeting 3-1). In the bottom quarter of the bracket, Cook, Smith and Sicker are all looking to get to the semi final, with a probable meeting with Whisler. I'm taking Cook to advance but any of the other two are capable.
I figure it will get hairy in the consolation 2nd round. Any of those listed could advance, there will be little room for error. I have McCullough/Sicker and Struna/Lester in the top half with McCullough and Lester winning, the latter getting to the placement match. In the bottom half I have Mellon/Johnson and Smith/Cooper with Cooper beating Mellon to advance. In the placement matches, if I am correct so far (I doubt it, too many close calls to get them all right), Myers/Lester and Cook/Cooper should be the consolation semi matches. I'm taking Myers and Cook. Myers has a win over Lester (3-2) and Cook had two close wins over Cooper at the Dies.

1-Whisler 2-Winning 2-Myers 4-Cook 5-Lester 6-Cooper

1-Lehman 2-Radich 3-Slocum 4-Szep 5-Gissinger 6-Duffett

I see Rowland and Kremiller in the final here. These two faced each other in a 1/4 final match up last year in Alliance with Rowland winning 3-2. I'm looking for a similar score this weekend.
After the top two there is another closely bunched group. Furst, Jenkins, Bunch, Fornaro, Sanders, Elrod, Whyde, Bednarik and Kollman will take to the mats to figure out the last two spots. Jenkins in particular intrigues me. I have watched him wrestle for four years now and never can count him out. He has defied the odds and wrestled in Columbus two years in a row. Jenkins has incredible mat savy and doesn't beat himself. He'll need all his skills again this year.
I have Kremiller/Furst in the top 1/4 final. Jenkins will have to get by Holmes in the first round. They went to OT in the PTC meet. I then have him meeting Fornaro with the latter winning. In the bottom half I have Rowland/Sanders in a 1/4 and Elrod/Whyde in another. Elrod has Kollman in round one. I'm taking Elrod to make the semi.
In the consolation round two, all the wrestlers mentioned above will have at it. I have Webb/Whyde and Bunch/Sanders in the top half. Whyde over Bunch to make the conso semi. In the bottom half, Bednarik/Jenkins and Kollman/Furst. Furst over Jenkins to make the placement match.

1-Kremiller 2-Rowland 3-Elrod 4-Fornaro 5-Furst 6-Whyde

1-Brumley 2-Esarco 3-Higgins 4-Dufour 5-Ellis 6-Mason

While an upset can certainly happen at this weight I think it is highly unlikely in 2015. I see five quality 285's here in Bischoff, Sharp. Barnes, Bell and Truhn. They are closely matched and should provide an exciting tournament. I do think any of those listed can win this tournament. With three from one sectional, matchups between two of these grapplers will start Friday night. Barring an upset, Bell/Bischoff will take place in the 1/4 finals. The winner here should meet Barnes in the top semi final Here's my take on this weight.
Bischoff caught my eye last season, placing in several tournaments at 220 and wrestling some 285 while filling in for Norton's capable varsity wrestlers. I made a mental note that he would be someone to watch this season. He hasn't disappointed. Ian Sharp comes from a long line of successful big wrestlers at West Branch (most from the Sharp bloodline) and he is continuing the tradition well. Truhn also caught my eye early (2013 to be exact). He placed second in two tournaments that season to his teammate, two time state champ Bill Miller. He dropped to 220 last season and placed in Alliance (6th at a tough weight). Bell was a state alternate at this weight in 2013 and a district qualifier at 220 last season (not competing in Alliance). He has a win over Sharp this season in an EOWL semi final (1-0). While Barnes may seem the odd man out, bracketing is in his favor as I have him clearing to the semi finals to meet the Bell/Bischoff winner. While Barnes has lost to Bell and Sharp this season, they were close losses (to Bell, 6-5 in the EOWL final and 2-1 OT in sectional semi; to Sharp 4-1 in a dual).
The 1/4 final battle between Bischoff/Bell should have placement implications in the consolation bracket. The loser should clear to the conso semis to meet the loser of Truhn/Sharp. Unfortunately one of these wrestlers will not be competing in Columbus (barring unforeseen circumstances). Tough weight to make educated guesses in but I'm going with the athletic Bischoff.

1-Bischoff 2-Sharp 3-Bell 4-Barnes 5-Truhn 6-Phillips

Good Luck to all wrestlers!!
Mark Adelman aka FirestoneFan
Old 03-01-15, 03:12 PM
All American

MAROON&GOLDBLOOD is on a distinguished road
Great post Mark well said.
Old 03-01-15, 04:05 PM
All Region

CoachHoversten is on a distinguished road
Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasner View Post
This is getting pathetic every year the alliance district is last to post pairings. The system that they use is total crap. Me. Sikora is a nice guy but his program sucks. First only one side of the gym can see a score board, he charges you to see anything and you can never get past results without spending time searching. It is time for alliance to use track wrestling and ditch the current one
For the record, the STVM sectional has not posted their results. Kind of hard for the district to put the bracket together without the results from one of the sectionals. Id blame the sectional, not the district.
Old 03-01-15, 04:12 PM
All District

CoachJules is on a distinguished road
SVSM results have been posted on Kap since Friday when the tournament ended.
Old 03-01-15, 04:20 PM
All Region

CoachHoversten is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJules View Post
SVSM results have been posted on Kap since Friday when the tournament ended.
I was looking on baumspage. Seems everything else goes through that. Maybe thats the issue?
Old 03-01-15, 04:23 PM
All District

CoachJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachHoversten View Post
I was looking on baumspage. Seems everything else goes through that. Maybe thats the issue?
Could be, all sectionals and districts should use baums, not sure why the state does not make it mandatory. I know tournament directors have their preferences, but it would make things a lot smoother.
Old 03-01-15, 07:31 PM
Varsity

I'm editing into the post above with thoughts.
Old 03-01-15, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
106#
QF1- Ryan over Brainard
QF2- Schopfer over Carone
QF3- Stricker over Wright
QF4- Cardello over Williams
SFT- Ryan over Schopfer
SFB- Cardello over Stricker
Consi Semi1- Schopfer over Wright
Consi Semi2- Stricker over Brainard
1st & 2nd- Cardello over Ryan
3rd and 4th- Stricker over Schopfer

113#
QF1- Kosco over Bailey
QF2- Toth over Ondash
QF3- Grant over Ginnetti
QF4- DeCesare over Baitt
SFT- Kosco over Toth
SFB- DeCesare over Grant
Consi Semi1- Ginnetti over Toth
Consi Semi2- Grant over Bailey
1st & 2nd- Kosco over DeCesare
3rd and 4th- Grant over Ginnetti

120#
QF1- Wymer over West (This was a close bout earlier in the year)
QF2- Pastva over Bellismo
QF3- Freeman over Gerback
QF4- DeShon over Lovejoy (Lovejoy/Pidgeon is a good first round match to watch)
SFT- Wymer over Pastva
SFB- Freeman over DeShon
Consi Semi1- Lovejoy over Pastva
Consi Semi2- DeShon over West
1st & 2nd- Freeman over Wymer
3rd and 4th- DeShon over Lovejoy

126#
QF1- Petras over Ngiraingas
QF2- Poullas over Farian
QF3- Simpson over Persinger
QF4- Chell over Creager
SFT- Poullas over Petras
SFB- Simpson over Chell
Consi Semi1- Petras over Persinger
Consi Semi2- Chell over Ngringas
1st & 2nd- Poullas over Simpson
3rd and 4th- Petras over Chell

132#
QF1- Carter over Frost
QF2- Joseph over Vetturini (Good match, winner gets a favorable go-to)
QF3- Boley over Yacaparo (Boley/Yoho winner favorite to reach the semi)
QF4- Bailey over McKenzie
SFT- Carter over Joseph
SFB- Bailey over Boley
Consi Semi1- Joseph over McKenzie
Consi Semi2- Frost over Boley
1st & 2nd- Carter over Bailey
3rd and 4th- Frost over Joseph
Note: Crazy weight, Yoho/Vetturini also could be in the mix.

138#
QF1- Wrobel over Swaney
QF2- Bennett over Mairs
QF3- Koontz over Ness
QF4- Steer over McKeon (Winner of Steer/Regalbuto is favored to reach the semi)
SFT- Wrobel over Bennett
SFB- Koontz over Steer
Consi Semi1- Bennett over Ness
Consi Semi2- Steer over Swaney
1st & 2nd- Wrobel over Koontz
3rd and 4th- Bennett over Steer

145#
QF1- McIntire over Hagenbush (Toss-up)
QF2- Dobben over Nagy
QF3- Kaminski over McPeak
QF4- Kirsh over Spotleson (I like Kirsh in the 4 over 1 over Romano)
SFT- Dobben over McIntire
SFB- Kaminski over Kirsh
Consi Semi1- McPeak over McIntire
Consi Semi2- Nagy over Kirsh
1st & 2nd- Kaminski over Dobben (Based on Sectional result, not Brecksville)
3rd and 4th- Nagy over McPeak

152#
QF1- K.Jackson over Mercer
QF2- Lake over Esarco
QF3- Knaus over Sbrocco
QF4- Farmer over Crawford
SFT- Lake over K.Jackson
SFB- Knaus over Farmer
Consi Semi1- Crawford over K.Jackson (based on sectional finals result)
Consi Semi2- Farmer over Mercer
1st & 2nd- Lake over Knaus
3rd and 4th- Farmer over Crawford
Note: Mercer over Knaus was a surprise at sectionals, Mercer is a kid who could qualify

160#
QF1- Hughes over Moore
QF2- Fasnacht over Williams (Fasnacht/Byland = First round fireworks)
QF3- Schenk over Audi
QF4- Rupert over Cox
SFT- Fasnacht over Hughes
SFB- Rupert over Schenk
Consi Semi1- Audi over Hughes (Audi beat him pretty good at their conference tourney, but Hughes won the sectional, should be a good go-to)
Consi Semi2- Schenk over Moore
1st & 2nd- Rupert over Fasnacht
3rd and 4th- Schenk over Audi

170#
QF1- Myers over Cooper
QF2- Winning over Johnson
QF3- Whisler over Lester (Lester/Mellon is a first round match to watch)
QF4- Sicker over Cook (Toss-up)
SFT- Winning over Myers
SFB- Whisler over Sicker
Consi Semi1- Myers over Lester
Consi Semi2- Cooper over Sicker
1st & 2nd- Whisler over Winning
3rd and 4th- Myers over Cooper

182#
QF1- Radich over Gissinger
QF2- Szep over Duffett
QF3- Slocum over Brown
QF4- Lehman over Lake
SFT- Radich over Szep
SFB- Lehman over Slocum (Upset alert)
Consi Semi1-Szep over Tabler (I like Tabler wrestling all the way back
Consi Semi2- Slocum over Gissinger
1st & 2nd- Lehman over Radich
3rd and 4th- Szep over Slocum

195#
QF1- Kremiller over Furst
QF2- Fornaro over Jenkins (I like Fornaro as a 4 to reach the semi)
QF3- Rowland over Sanders
QF4- Elrod over Whyde
SFT- Kremiller over Fornaro
SFB- Rowland over Elrod
Consi Semi1- Sanders over Fornaro (Based on sectional result)
Consi Semi2- Elrod over Furst
1st & 2nd- Kremiller over Rowland
3rd and 4th- Elrod over Sanders

220#
QF1- Esarco over Mitchell
QF2- Mason over Ellis (I like Ellis in the 4 over 1)
QF3- Brumley over Higgins
QF4- Cox over Dufour
SFT- Esarco over Mason
SFB- Brumley over Cox
Consi Semi1- Mason over Higgins
Consi Semi2- Cox over Ellis (Based on sectional performance
1st & 2nd- Brumley over Esarco
3rd and 4th- Mason over Cox

285#
QF1- Barnes over Pritchett
QF2- Bischoff over Bell
QF3- Truhn over Phillips
QF4- Sharp over Sciarretti
SFT- Bischoff over Barnes
SFB- Sharp over Truhn
Consi Semi1- Barnes over Phillips
Consi Semi2- Truhn over Bell
1st & 2nd- Sharp over Bischoff
3rd and 4th- Truhn over Barnes
Old 03-02-15, 08:17 AM
Freshman

bleedinggreen is on a distinguished road

Fyi.
Hephner cons. Semis heath 8-3 dec over audi.
Old 03-02-15, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinggreen View Post
Fyi.
Hephner cons. Semis heath 8-3 dec over audi.
Huh?
Old 03-02-15, 01:54 PM
All American

WBWarrior is on a distinguished road
I think he tried to say David Heath beat Anthony Audi 8-3 @ Hephner
Old 03-02-15, 02:20 PM
Freshman

bleedinggreen is on a distinguished road
Correct
Old 03-02-15, 03:28 PM
Varsity

actionddj is on a distinguished road
I agree with Mark, 152 has a few guys that were injured early in the season and could make some noise if they knocked the rust off at the sectional. Pretty balanced weight class. Should be fun to watch.
Old 03-02-15, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Mark, will their be an Alliance prediction contest thing again?
Old 03-02-15, 06:16 PM
Varsity

yes there will. I'll start a thread in a bit just for the entries. Discussion will keep to this thread.
Old 03-04-15, 01:23 PM
Junior Varsity

ohiowrestling123 is on a distinguished road
160 West Branch sectional has traded many wins throughout the year

Audi over Hughes 11-5 EOWL

Byland over Rupert 8-2 in dual

Rupert over Audi Sectionals

Byland pinned Audi Poland Duals

Audi over Byland twice EOWL sectionals

Hughes over Byland twice Dual and Sectionals

im sure there was more in there i missed
Old 03-04-15, 08:07 PM
All Region

eucwrestler is on a distinguished road
I saw the 195 bracket was in love. All the chaos and would not want to wrestle at this district, just watch the whole time. I honestly see a Kremiller vs Whyde final with Jenkins and Elrod going for 3rd. Jenkins knows how to win at this time of the year.
Old 03-05-15, 06:52 AM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Like many on here, I have looked at the brackets and penciled in my picks. Now I've been looking at them and thinking about upsets that may happen along the way, getting an unheralded or overlooked wrestler to Columbus or at least the placement matches. There are many.
This morning I was looking at 285. Nathan Pritchett (Ravenna) is a small 285 but has proven he can hang with the big boys. I've seen him wrestle and beat Mordue (Crestwood), Phillips (Woodridge) and Pope (Cleveland CC), three really big 285's. If he matches up with Barnes in the 1/4 finals (as many think), he has the chance to win and match up with the Bell/Bischoff winner in the top semi. While not the favorite in the semi, a loss still puts him in the consolation semi with a good chance to advance to Columbus.
All this is conjecture at this point, all matches are important and anything can happen.

Good Luck to all wrestlers!!
Old 03-05-15, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
www.nwntv.com will be doing live audio all day Saturday from Alliance. We will also put up video of at least the finals as soon as we can.
Old 03-07-15, 08:51 AM
All Ohio

wdanforth
Alliance District Photos
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8797335&type=1
Old 03-07-15, 05:26 PM
All Region

RCR is on a distinguished road
Great Picts!!
Thanks!!
Old 03-08-15, 02:35 AM
All Ohio

wdanforth
Album of Finals Pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8797335&type=1

Last edited by wdanforth; 03-08-15 at 10:24 AM.