Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 07:29 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I'd probably be tempted to break the bank for two arm's length.

I don't know if I've ever been at a CBC game around here where the 50/50 topped $400. It's pretty pitiful. The only school around here that I can recall having decent 50/50s is when I used to go to Catholic Central games as a kid. If you entered at the main gate at their field, you always had to squeeze by 3-4 people putting solid effort into selling tickets.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Marketing my friend, marketing.
Few years ago for this game MSML started the whole 3 arms length for the price of 2 and that encouraged many to go ahead and spend double they used to.
Not that difficult, set up a table right by the gates where people HAVE to walk by, but anyways....

Anyone know if IL QB will be back this week? IF so, they have a shot.
Old 10-23-18, 07:42 AM
Varsity

hardhead_29 is on a distinguished road
IL over Bellefontaine --if IL QB plays and Bellefontaine's RB Gross is out again he was on crutch last week. Game will be a sight for sore eyes
Bellefontaine over IL-- if IL QB doesn't play regardless of Chiefs injuries
Bellefontaine over IL-- in close game if everyone plays
KR over Tecumseh
Urbana over BL
Shawnee over Alder
Northwestern over Graham
Old 10-23-18, 02:06 PM
All Region

Jet19 is an unknown quantity at this point
My picks

Tecumseh over Kenton Ridge

Jonathan Alder over Shawnee

Bellefontaine over Indian Lake

Urbana over Ben Logan

Northwestern over Graham
Old 10-23-18, 04:31 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead_29 View Post
IL over Bellefontaine --if IL QB plays and Bellefontaine's RB Gross is out again he was on crutch last week. Game will be a sight for sore eyes
Bellefontaine over IL-- if IL QB doesn't play regardless of Chiefs injuries
Bellefontaine over IL-- in close game if everyone plays
KR over Tecumseh
Urbana over BL
Shawnee over Alder
Northwestern over Graham
I feel like even if gross doesn’t play the chiefs will still win they still have a very good team and had probably the worst game since toby’s Been the head coach.Last week was rough but I think the chiefs come in pissed off and put a beating on the lakes QB. But I’ve been wrong before
Old 10-24-18, 09:53 AM
All District

skittlz is on a distinguished road
I'm under the impression that IL needs a new strength/conditioning program as the lines are awful. Does anyone know if they are taking away 1 non league game due to the two additions to the conference... I mean it's probably at each schools discretion...

Last edited by skittlz; 10-24-18 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-24-18, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
No. They're taking away a crossover game, going back to two crossovers in weeks 4 and 5 as it previously was with a 12 team format.

Old 10-24-18, 10:56 AM
All District

Yea I recall greenon and tipp but forgot they did have 3 not 2.. thanks for the clarification. Much better additions also IMO...
Old 10-24-18, 03:02 PM
Varsity

I do believe that next year Bellefontaine will still play Urbana in week 3.Then play the 2 crossover games against Ben Logan and Indian Lake in weeks 4 and 5. Next year is also the last year for Bellefontaine playing Wapak.
Old 10-25-18, 03:54 AM
All District

That's interesting... has been quite a showdown any word on why that is or who they are picking up in their place? Hopefully the trend of scheduling better teams continues.
Old 10-25-18, 04:15 AM
All Yappi

I believe Sidney starts playing in their GWOC split off league in 2020, and they're allegedly going to play a round robin 9 game league schedule. I.e. Bellefontaine has to play them week 1 or drop them. Options week 2 are probably somewhat limited with GWOC split off and WBL teams already being in league play.

Old 10-25-18, 05:15 AM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlz View Post
That's interesting... has been quite a showdown any word on why that is or who they are picking up in their place? Hopefully the trend of scheduling better teams continues.
You’ll not be disappointed. The Chiefs have signed Bishop Watterson in week 2 for 2020 and 2021.
Old 10-25-18, 06:26 AM
All District

Nice that would be a solid add... if only BL would pick up a better game... IL finally has in Marion Pleasant, although a couple years too late IMO
Old 10-25-18, 07:42 AM
Varsity

Yea its because of Sidney is moving to a new league and they have can no longer play Bellefontaine week 2. But they wanted to keep the game against Bellefontaine because it has been going on since 1899 and is one of the longest rivalry games in the state.

BCW is correct on Bellefontaine picking up Watterson it hasn't been officially announced yet.
Old 10-25-18, 10:44 AM
All District

Nice pick for real. Would like to see the CBC play more schools towards the Columbus area...
Old 10-25-18, 10:49 AM
All District

Buckeye Valley, Marion Harding, Big Walnut just to name a few.. if Bellefontaine has week 3 open they should try for Marysville.. could be a good rivalry down the road...
Old 10-25-18, 12:03 PM
Varsity

Bellefontaine2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlz View Post
Buckeye Valley, Marion Harding, Big Walnut just to name a few.. if Bellefontaine has week 3 open they should try for Marysville.. could be a good rivalry down the road...
Bellefontaine played Marysville for years, It ended not that long ago. I know my days growing up i played against them from grade school through high. But i don't think it helped Marysville points wise with being D1. Watterson will be a great pickup game as none of us can forget the late 90's games against them!
Old 10-25-18, 12:22 PM
Freshman

AATW! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellefontaine2 View Post
Bellefontaine played Marysville for years, It ended not that long ago. I know my days growing up i played against them from grade school through high. But i don't think it helped Marysville points wise with being D1. Watterson will be a great pickup game as none of us can forget the late 90's games against them!
Wasn't certain of Marysville's football propensity so I looked up the last 5 years or so.

Not too impressive.

Accumulating Harbin's and only scheduling bigger schools is the least of their worries.

They need wins.

They have no issue playing D4 JA (think they were 3-2 against them the last 5 seasons) so wouldn't see why playing Bellefontaine would be a no go in their books.

Someone above my pay grade can run the numbers as to where that sweet spot is with total points including the second level with a DI team vs a DIII team like Bellefontaine.

If they cannot find a DI/II team they can beat more so than not then it could behoove them to schedule a DIII team that traditionally does fairly well, assuming they could beat them on a semi-regular basis.
Old 10-25-18, 01:12 PM
All Ohio

Marysville was taken off the schedule by Bellefontaine to open a spot for Urbana week 3. It also coincided with a couple years where the Monarchs blew out the Chiefs. Realistically, one of two things would have to happen to renew the rivalry........
1. Move Urbana to a crossover game, replacing either Ben Logan or Indian Lake. This would allow for the old week 3 game. Not sure that AD's would support this as the Logan County games are excellent gates and the 10 year record vs. the Lake is 5-5, and vs Ben Logan 7-3. No reason to discontinue at this time.
2. Add Marysville Week 2 starting in 2022. I would guess Marysville would do this in a hearbeat.
Old 10-25-18, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Marysville was taken off the schedule by Bellefontaine to open a spot for Urbana week 3. It also coincided with a couple years where the Monarchs blew out the Chiefs. Realistically, one of two things would have to happen to renew the rivalry........
1. Move Urbana to a crossover game, replacing either Ben Logan or Indian Lake. This would allow for the old week 3 game. Not sure that AD's would support this as the Logan County games are excellent gates and the 10 year record vs. the Lake is 5-5, and vs Ben Logan 7-3. No reason to discontinue at this time.
2. Add Marysville Week 2 starting in 2022. I would guess Marysville would do this in a hearbeat.
They would be crazy to not have BL/Bell/IL matchups each year.
The league has enough long roadtrips for those three county teams to not play eachother just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Old 10-25-18, 01:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
They would be crazy to not have BL/Bell/IL matchups each year.
The league has enough long roadtrips for those three county teams to not play eachother just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
I agree. Up until about ten years ago the games were extremely lopsided though and there were times where the match-ups didn't take place. With the games being competitive, they need to happen every year.
Old 10-25-18, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

LacesOut
Quote:
FYI, Alder and Marysville will not be renewing for the 2019 & 20 season in week 1. I didn't hear an official reason as to why it was discontinued. It was the closest thing they had to a rival outside of West Jeff & Massie in prior years. I'm sure the size of the schools came into play for points, but Alder benefited more and also held there own in the overall series going 6-4.

Alder picks up Philo in week 1 for 2019 & 20, renews Marion Harding week 2 and picks up Bloom Carroll week 3 for 2019 & 20 (replacing clear fork).

Last edited by LacesOut; 10-25-18 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-18, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree. Up until about ten years ago the games were extremely lopsided though and there were times where the match-ups didn't take place. With the games being competitive, they need to happen every year.
Even with that those schools are close enough that they need to play.
My school had a 22 game winning stretch snapped against our rival just down the road. Before that streak it was the other way for about 8-10 years and both teams had their beat downs over the years.

But that is what HS sports are all about with going against your neighboring towns and playing against relatives, coworkers, life long friends.
Old 10-25-18, 03:06 PM
Varsity

Bellefontaine will always be in a pickle when it actually comes to playing schools in D3. Not to many schools around that are D3.

I personally think Bellefontaine needs to do away with playing Urbana unless its a cross over game. They should have kept Troy on the schedule.
Old 10-25-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

Bellefontaine should definitely be doing all they can to get Marysville on their schedule. I definitely agree they should be looking towards Columbus for those week 2 and 3 opponents.

Due to new scheduling realities, the only quality D2-D4 Dayton possibilities for them are far off opponents like Bellbrook, Franklin and Valley View. It makes far more sense for them to play teams towards the north end of Columbus such as Marysville, Buckeye Valley and Marion Harding.

Old 10-26-18, 04:11 AM
All District

Urbana doesn't have to stay o the chiefs schedule... fyi... and yes they should look towards higher division schools to not only help playoff points but experience. You get better by playing better teams... There are PLENTY of D1 schools playing at D2-4 schools... Now obviously the lower the division. The better the school needs to be in that sport for them to maintain a per say D4 school.

I.e. Bishop Hartley was D4 a few years ago and played I believe 3 D1 schools. So to suggest it wouldn't benefit Marysville is BS... especially with toby and the i.improvements brought in recent years...
Old 10-26-18, 04:18 AM
All District

I believe Buckeye Valley is D3 also and should be maybe 30-45 from Bellefontaine. Harding is probably 45... they could push for St. Mary's which is probably a little further maybe an hour but a great D4 school and may eventually move back to 3.

And on another note I think it would behoove IL to try and maintain Pleasant and pick up Anna rather than Riverside...Game 1 maybe pick up Riverside or USV for a hopeful confidence boost. It may take a few whooping but like I said you can't get better playing a schedule of opponents that you know you will beat....
Old 10-26-18, 07:46 AM
Varsity

Glad I am not the only person who believes that Bellefontaine should be playing harder schools. Urbana benefits from the game win or lose because they are playing up. They should be playing 3 D3 schools or higher the first 3 weeks every season.

If they want to keep Urbana because of tradition then drop IL and make Urbana a crossover game. Bellefontaine is 2 divisions higher than IL and has no business playing them. Yes I know the last 10 years they are 5-5. against IL. But I also believe Bellefontaine has a tendency to play down to IL and BL because the Chiefs get that big brother mentality and sometimes little brother smacks them in the mouth. IL and BL have the Bellefontaine game circled on the schedule. While Bellefontaine would rather talk smack about them but not play them.

Lets be honest a D3 team with a 6-3 record against a 3-6 D5 school should throttle the D5 team but I bet it wont happen tonight.
Old 10-26-18, 07:55 AM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead_29 View Post
Glad I am not the only person who believes that Bellefontaine should be playing harder schools. Urbana benefits from the game win or lose because they are playing up. They should be playing 3 D3 schools or higher the first 3 weeks every season.

If they want to keep Urbana because of tradition then drop IL and make Urbana a crossover game. Bellefontaine is 2 divisions higher than IL and has no business playing them. Yes I know the last 10 years they are 5-5. against IL. But I also believe Bellefontaine has a tendency to play down to IL and BL because the Chiefs get that big brother mentality and sometimes little brother smacks them in the mouth. IL and BL have the Bellefontaine game circled on the schedule. While Bellefontaine would rather talk smack about them but not play them.

Lets be honest a D3 team with a 6-3 record against a 3-6 D5 school should throttle the D5 team but I bet it wont happen tonight.
Indian lake has put together some pretty good teams the last couple of years. Bellefontaine should’ve kept Troy on the schedule and picking up London next year will help them out if they win with playoff points.
Old 10-26-18, 08:17 AM
All District

Most likely lol... although I'm still a fan of the 3 way split rivalry personally. However since IL dropped once again, I could see the reasoning for losing that game. Its unfortunate they no longer can maintain high numbers considering IL used to be D3. But Bellefontaine has no reason to waste a non-league slot over urbana or any conference foe... CBC needs to up its non league opponents big time. Other than Bellefontaine has had a good streak of non league games.
Old 10-26-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

The crossover situation will never be perfect when you have a D2 and a D3 in the KT and two D5s in the MR. In a perfect world IMO Urbana should be playing Bellefontaine and London in those games, but next year's schedule has them with Shawnee and Alder.

When you have Indian Lake and North Union with lower enrollments and some degree of geographical isolation, it makes it hard.