Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-19-18, 06:50 AM
All Region

Jet19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Posting on yappi about people posting on yappi....yawn.... I think it's more like you think your opinions are so superior to everyone else's opinions and you hate it when you can't control the situation. If you don't like it don't use it ... Very simple. It's so funny because the complainers about the good ole days are typically people who never actually went through what they are complaining about. I like to talk about football and have a sense of humor about it. If you are so offended go to your safe space and watch your old VHS tapes. Cause I remember the old days when grown men didn't have periods and complain 24-7 about what everyone else is doing.
Old 10-19-18, 06:56 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
Oh boy....
Old 10-19-18, 07:00 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
You're right Jet - if I don't like it, I shouldn't use it. This year has been so un-enjoyable on here; between the constant bickering, the personal attacks and comments being completely misconstrued or blown out of proportion...I don't like it.

Good luck fellas.
Old 10-19-18, 07:07 AM
All Region

Just reminiscing about the good ole days in the 1700s when our founding fathers wrote the first amendment. Man those were the days. Lol. Wonder if they knew about yappi and high school football back then?
Old 10-19-18, 07:13 AM
All Region

I think it's been decent. Last year was definitely more about football than bickering. That I agree with. What do you think Triads chances against Fairbanks are if the weather gets nasty?
Old 10-19-18, 07:16 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Posting on yappi about people posting on yappi....yawn.... I think it's more like you think your opinions are so superior to everyone else's opinions and you hate it when you can't control the situation. If you don't like it don't use it ... Very simple. It's so funny because the complainers about the good ole days are typically people who never actually went through what they are complaining about. I like to talk about football and have a sense of humor about it. If you are so offended go to your safe space and watch your old VHS tapes. Cause I remember the old days when grown men didn't have periods and complain 24-7 about what everyone else is doing.
And sported great mullets!

Sharing opinions is fun and so is mindless crap getting spewed (not trying to offend I think I bring my own share), the other stuff is just that!
For maybe what you are getting at someone may have thought his boys were getting unfairly labeled, I was just taking back "the power of the word".
Old 10-19-18, 08:42 AM
Freshman

spit-toon is on a distinguished road
8mm...only 2 teams made In region made playoffs....wish VHS was around !!!!
Old 10-19-18, 09:20 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Greenon and SE. Hope they both win and in week 10, be fighting for second in the South.
Old 10-19-18, 09:23 AM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
Ok so here we go, crunch time. If this WJ vs West Lib game is anything like last year's game it should be a fun one for sure. Big night for WJ as it is also Senior night. This game is a chance for WJ to lock in one last home game in the first round of the playoffs which I do not believe has happened since 2013. For West Lib if I'm not mistaken, they need this win to get in just like last year. I could be wrong on that but I know that West Lib would hate to be knocked out of the playoffs 2 years in a row by WJ and I know the boys of WJ would like nothing better than to make that happen. I don't believe there's any hatred or carry over from last year. I think our boys just know it's going to be a dog fight. As long as the right WJ team shows up today and we come out ready to play from the first whistle, I think we'll be fine. If you don't have anything better to do tonight fellas, Keil field is the place to be tonight, no doubt.
Old 10-19-18, 09:39 AM
All American

This is why they should start conference play in week 5.
Old 10-19-18, 10:29 AM
Freshman

Agree bluehawg....should be best game in ohc tonight ...if wls can make wj 1 dimensional ( stop jones) and qb run game they have a shot if not probably ends up like the burg game . Wls goes as woodruff goes !!! Wls cover 0 may give wj a few problems in the passing game smaller windows to throw in .
Old 10-19-18, 10:33 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
I dont see any way WJ loses this game unless they turn it over multiple times. Although I didn't think WJ would lose to Fairbanks either. I think WLS will score some points but I see the Riders winning by 14. I will go 34-20.
Old 10-19-18, 11:06 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
OHC teams playoff picture projected by Drew Pasteur's Fantastic50.net:

Div V, Region 20:
* West Jefferson 8-2, #3 seed vs #6 Minford 7-3
* Jamestown Greeneview 9-1, #5 seed at #4 Cincinnati Madeira 7-3

Div VI, Region 23:
* Fairbanks 6-4, #8 seed at #1 Paint Valley 10-0. Can get up to #5 seed if they win out

Div VI, Region 24:
* Mechanicsburg 9-1, #3 seed vs #6 Covington 7-3
* West Liberty-Salem 7-3 Out, need 8-2 (74% chance at making playoffs at 8-2, anywhere from a #5 seed to out)

Div VII, Region 28:
* Triad 5-5 Out, need 7-3 - less than 2% chance of making playoffs

Four OHC teams are locks for the playoffs: Greeneview, Mechanicsburg, WJ and Fairbanks. WLS needs to run the table to have a 74% chance to make the playoffs.
Old 10-19-18, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
OHC teams playoff picture projected by Drew Pasteur's Fantastic50.net:

Div V, Region 20:
* West Jefferson 8-2, #3 seed vs #6 Minford 7-3

Div VI, Region 23:
* Fairbanks 6-4, #8 seed at #1 Paint Valley 10-0. Can get up to #5 seed if they win out

Div VI, Region 24:
* Mechanicsburg 9-1, #3 seed vs #6 Covington 7-3
* West Liberty-Salem 7-3 Out, need 8-2 (74% chance at making playoffs at 8-2, anywhere from a #5 seed to out)

Div VII, Region 28:
* Triad 5-5 Out, need 7-3 - less than 2% chance of making playoffs

Four OHC teams are locks for the playoffs: Greeneview, Mechanicsburg, WJ and Fairbanks. WLS needs to run the table to have a 74% chance to make the playoffs.
I really like those matchups in region 20. I think WJ would beat Minford and Greeneview would dominate Madeira. That would be great for the OHC.
Old 10-19-18, 01:23 PM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I dont see any way WJ loses this game unless they turn it over multiple times. Although I didn't think WJ would lose to Fairbanks either. I think WLS will score some points but I see the Riders winning by 14. I will go 34-20.
I'm not sure you're wrong, the thing that makes me unsure is that WLS will make WJ play in space and spread the field more than the Burg and line up and still have power run formations more than Fairbanks so the Tiger offense splits that difference pretty well that is what makes me think they have a shot.
Old 10-19-18, 03:26 PM
All Region

MAKE YAPPI GREAT AGAIN!!!

HAHAHA Good luck tonight gents!!
Old 10-19-18, 04:25 PM
Freshman

Looks like the great equalizer may show up again tonight !!! If not wind and rain ...at least wind how does it affect passing games, game plans ...hmmmm?
Old 10-19-18, 07:10 PM
All Region

Got the WLS vs WJ game on readyfm... Going to be a classic!! No hard feelings on my comments earlier. Had a bad morning.
Old 10-19-18, 07:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Tigers Best is on a distinguished road
WJ 23- 21 halftime West Jefferson lost there starting QB
Old 10-19-18, 09:41 PM
All Region

Congrats to West Jefferson on winning the OHC North championship tonight. We will find out who the the other championship team is next week in what's sure to be a showdown with the Burg vs the Banks. Great season in the OHC North. Heavyweight fights for sure.
Old 10-19-18, 10:24 PM
All District

Just curious, is head to head not a tie breaker for the championship?
Old 10-19-18, 11:26 PM
All District

Cville-OMW is on a distinguished road
Well that game did not dissappoint WJ and WLS in a slobbernocker. Both teams played hard and actually played a pretty clean chatterless game.
After WLS returned opening kick for TD, WJ rattled off 17 points. WLS fought back to get back to 17-14.
Both teams scored before half WJ missing PAT making it 23-21 at half.
7 points each in 2nd half as the rain continued.
WLS had a couple of drives stall out late in the game and WJ holds on for the win.
WJ went most of game without starting QB but did enough to win a hard fought game.
Old 10-19-18, 11:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cville-OMW View Post
Well that game did not dissappoint WJ and WLS in a slobbernocker. Both teams played hard and actually played a pretty clean chatterless game.
After WLS returned opening kick for TD, WJ rattled off 17 points. WLS fought back to get back to 17-14.
Both teams scored before half WJ missing PAT making it 23-21 at half.
7 points each in 2nd half as the rain continued.
WLS had a couple of drives stall out late in the game and WJ holds on for the win.
WJ went most of game without starting QB but did enough to win a hard fought game.
Sounds like a great game. Sad to hear about the QB. Was it a serious injury or will he be back for the playoff run?
Old 10-20-18, 03:08 AM
All District

roughriderpride is on a distinguished road
The young Buescher kid had a good game for the riders finishing up going
10 of 15 for 200 yards & 3 TD's.
Gabe Jones had a busy evening with 41 rushes for 111 yards & 1 TD
and (SO) Kyle Scott had 2 reception for 102 yards & 1 TD including a 74 yard TD pass from Buescher.

Not hearing about the QB (Williams) for wj just yet and what the problem is, young Buescher should be fine to use next week at Triad.
And still some football to be played in the north before we crown a champ or champs.

If wj wins that game, they will be at home week 1 for what looks like a match up with CHCA coming to town.
I believe that the state champ comes out of this region again this year!
Old 10-20-18, 06:28 AM
All District

Williams hurt his shoulder. I guess he couldn't move it, possible fracture is what I heard.
Old 10-22-18, 09:13 AM
All District

Well this thread has become quiet over the weekend. Any games this week with big playoff implications?
Old 10-22-18, 09:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughriderpride View Post
The young Buescher kid had a good game for the riders finishing up going
10 of 15 for 200 yards & 3 TD's.
Gabe Jones had a busy evening with 41 rushes for 111 yards & 1 TD
and (SO) Kyle Scott had 2 reception for 102 yards & 1 TD including a 74 yard TD pass from Buescher.

Not hearing about the QB (Williams) for wj just yet and what the problem is, young Buescher should be fine to use next week at Triad.
And still some football to be played in the north before we crown a champ or champs.

If wj wins that game, they will be at home week 1 for what looks like a match up with CHCA coming to town.
I believe that the state champ comes out of this region again this year!
WJ and CHCA would be a great matchup. Both teams were knocked out by Madison last year and are historically good playoff teams. I think WJ holds the edge 2-1 over the Eagles and I would guess they'd have to be the favorites playing at home in week 11.
Old 10-22-18, 09:35 AM
All American

The Trojans need to beat the Knights this week to force a three way tie for second (assuming GV takes care of MP this week). But I think the Knight will flex their muscles at SE for the outright second place in the OHC South.
Should be a great game.

Good luck to all OHC teams in the playoffs. Anything can happen on a given night.

Go OHC!
Old 10-22-18, 09:36 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
Updated playoff projections per Drew Pasteur's fantastic50.net heading into week 10:

Div V, Region 20:
* West Jefferson 8-2, #3 seed vs #6 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 7-2

Div VI, Region 23:
* Fairbanks 6-4, #9 out 56% chance of making the playoffs with a loss in wk 10, 100% in with a win & 7-3

Div VI, Region 24
* Mechanicsburg 9-1, #3 seed vs #6 Spencerville 8-2
*** I believe this is a rematch from last year's playoff game
* West Liberty-Salem 7-3, #10 - less than 3% chance of making playoffs

Div VII, Region 28:
* Triad 5-5 Out, eliminated from playoffs

Hopefully the WJ qb Williams is ok. He would be missed just as much on defense as he would on offense. Looks like OHC has 3 teams as locks for the playoffs (Greeneview, Mechanicsburg & WJ) and one team on the bubble (Fairbanks). I think all 3 teams have a good chance of advancing to week 12 based on the projected wk 11 matchup's. Good luck to all OHC teams this week & into week 11.
Old 10-22-18, 07:47 PM
All Region

Well, tis week ten.

My picks

Color is gonna quit yappi and WLS is going to take their ball and go home and tell mommy the Jets were mean to em. Jets over the Tigers in the upset of the week.

Mechanicsburg over Fairbanks in what's sure to be a great game.

West Jefferson over Triad. Like the improvement out of Triad this season but it still won't be ruff enough.

Greeneview over Madison Plains

Cedarville over Catholic Central

Greenon over Southeastern in a pretty decent game for the senior class to get sent out on. 6-4 and a winning season for Greenon for the first time in a decade or so if they can go into South Chucky and give them a math lesson. Will that Keeb defense be able to stop the Knights??