Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-25-18, 05:06 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb Massillon Head Coach Opening

Retweeted Chris Easterling (@ceasterlingINDE):
Per @MassillonSchool superintendent @goodright_rik, boys basketball coach Michael Cruz submitted his resignation today. Is "looking to coach closer to home" in Cleveland, per Goodright. Cruz was 27-22 in two years at Massillon.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-18, 10:06 PM
Varsity

Localfan is on a distinguished road
Whatís going on? Are they resigning or getting forced out ?
Old 04-26-18, 12:14 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
From the article, he's tired of the commute. Sounded like he had no intention of moving closer.

http://www.indeonline.com/sports/201...ys-hoops-coach
Old 04-26-18, 12:31 PM
Varsity

farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
couple nice pieces coming back but one of the tougher jobs in the area. always competing with football for athletes, tough schedule being independent, even tougher sectional/district now with St V more than likely coming in as a D1. Would say similar situation to McKinley.
Old 04-27-18, 02:13 AM
All World

warren west
The freshman kid starting varsity looks like he will be a good one?
Old 04-30-18, 07:43 AM
Varsity

Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren west View Post
The freshman kid starting varsity looks like he will be a good one?
Yes he is pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing him develop in the next 3 years.
Old 05-02-18, 09:02 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Any news on who has thrown their hat in to be the new coach?
Old 05-10-18, 02:28 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
http://www.indeonline.com/sports/201...mpression=true
Old 05-11-18, 12:20 PM
Varsity

1 time is on a distinguished road
Some of these coaches already have head coaching jobs, yet they keep applying for other jobs as the summer approaches. Shocked that their current employers don't tell them their services are no longer needed. All for a coach trying to better himself, but what about his loyalties to his current players as June and July approach. I hope some of these guys find happiness. Some apply for 4-5 jobs every year.
Old 05-11-18, 03:29 PM
Freshman

TWoods is on a distinguished road
I would imagine that all of those names didn’t apply originally...whether it be this school or other schools Sometimes schools reach out and contact coaches. See it all the time.
Old 05-11-18, 04:22 PM
Varsity

A few schools reach out but not usually. Some of these coaches apply for new openings almost every year while holding a current job. You want players to be loyal yet some are ready to jump ship even at this late date. Good luck to all. Hopefully some find their niche.
Old 05-12-18, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
I'll say it again. I think its stupid that the newspapers think they should post the names of all the applicants. Wow. That's great reporting. Get over yourselves local newspapers.

A coach that applies for a job, who already has a job, shouldn't have to worry about the world finding out he applied for the job. He shouldn't have to worry about his current players and parents finding this out. It's his own personal business. No one elses.

It's a public school so its public record, I know, but really? In the private business and industry vocations, its nobody's business who applies for jobs. Why do we think we have to "provide the scoop" and list all the coaches who applied for a public high school job. Just because you can? Seriously?

The only place that I know that does this is Stark county. I never see any other papers doing this. Ever. Ever.

Do you think this practice might actually prevent people from applying for Stark County jobs? If people know that their name will be plastered in the paper? McKinley had 40 applicants named in the paper and not one was a big name. And the guy they hired wasn't even one of those 40 names.

Its over-zealous, unnecessary reporting. Get over yourselves Stark County print media. Get your nose out of where it doesn't belong.
Old 05-13-18, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Agree with most of that. My issue is how can these coaches be looking for a job at this late date ? they expect loyalties out of their players yet they have themselves out on the open market as June approaches.
Old 05-13-18, 03:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
I'll say it again. I think its stupid that the newspapers think they should post the names of all the applicants. Wow. That's great reporting. Get over yourselves local newspapers.

A coach that applies for a job, who already has a job, shouldn't have to worry about the world finding out he applied for the job. He shouldn't have to worry about his current players and parents finding this out. It's his own personal business. No one elses.

It's a public school so its public record, I know, but really? In the private business and industry vocations, its nobody's business who applies for jobs. Why do we think we have to "provide the scoop" and list all the coaches who applied for a public high school job. Just because you can? Seriously?

The only place that I know that does this is Stark county. I never see any other papers doing this. Ever. Ever.

Do you think this practice might actually prevent people from applying for Stark County jobs? If people know that their name will be plastered in the paper? McKinley had 40 applicants named in the paper and not one was a big name. And the guy they hired wasn't even one of those 40 names.

Its over-zealous, unnecessary reporting. Get over yourselves Stark County print media. Get your nose out of where it doesn't belong.
Who pays for the coaches salaries ?
Old 05-13-18, 05:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Who pays for the coaches salaries ?
That's an asinine comment...
And has nothing to do with my comment.

If you work at Target, I pay your salary every time I shop there.
If you're an exec at BP, I pay your salary every time I get gas.
If you're a doctor or work in medicine or a hospital, I pay your bills every time I go to the doctors.
If you work in insurance, I pay your salary every time I send in payment on my policy.
If you work at a private school, I pay your salary when I pay my child's tuition.

Shall I continue?

So should it be public knowledge every time you want to change jobs?
Old 05-13-18, 06:32 PM
All American

Quote:
That's an asinine comment...
And has nothing to do with my comment.

If you work at Target, I pay your salary every time I shop there.
If you're an exec at BP, I pay your salary every time I get gas.
If you're a doctor or work in medicine or a hospital, I pay your bills every time I go to the doctors.
If you work in insurance, I pay your salary every time I send in payment on my policy.
If you work at a private school, I pay your salary when I pay my child's tuition.

Shall I continue?

So should it be public knowledge every time you want to change jobs?
It was actually a question genius, that is what that question mark signified.
The best thing is that you knew exactly what I meant because you answered it, great job falling for that though.
The law is the law so no sense in blaming a whole county of newspaper reporters for doing their job.
Itís clear you didnít do much research when you said you have never seen any other papers do this but stark county, I just did about 10 min of google searching and found articles from Cincinnati, Columbus and low and behold even the Akron Beacon had a story about the candidates for a football and volleyball HC.
Old 05-13-18, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
It was actually a question genius, that is what that question mark signified.
The best thing is that you knew exactly what I meant because you answered it, great job falling for that though.
The law is the law so no sense in blaming a whole county of newspaper reporters for doing their job.
Seeing as most of your posts are you being a smart a--, I don't think anyone who read it thought it was a question. And wow, you reeled me in... haha... you sure did ... haha ... that was your intent ... haha ... get over yourself.

Yes, its the law. But my point is that everyone's salary is paid by the general public. So that argument is weak. Similarly, I love how people in the community think the police, firefighters, teachers, etc, shouldn't make any money since their salaries are paid for by taxes, and people don't want to pay higher taxes. Well, I think I'm paying too much for gas, so I think the guys at BP should take a pay cut.

But that's off topic. I just think it is stupid to public records request for applications of a high school coaching job to have the scoop. That's really great journalism. It's freaking high school.

And I did not google anything. I didn't say that it hasn't been done elsewhere. But what I said was true. I've never seen any other newspaper do it. The only newspapers I've personally seen post all applicants for a high school coaching position are from Stark County. And I'm guessing I've been following northeast Ohio sports for longer than you've been alive.
Old 05-13-18, 07:47 PM
All American

I’d much rather be a smart ast then a DUMB ast.
This is a question mark ? and this is a period .
One is used when you ask a question and one is used when you make a statement.

Now what is assinine is when someone makes a comment like this
“The only place that I know that does this is Stark county. I never see any other papers doing this. Ever. Ever. “
But doesn’t do any research to back up the validity of it. As I said it took me minutes to find 3 articles from 3 different Ohio newspapers.

You might think it’s stupid but that’s the law and clearly ALOT of people are interested, look at the mckinley and Hoover and now Massillon threads about coaching candidates.
If you think your paying too much for gas buy an electric car.
Old 05-13-18, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I’d much rather be a smart ast then a DUMB ast.
This is a question mark ? and this is a period .
One is used when you ask a question and one is used when you make a statement.

Now what is assinine is when someone makes a comment like this
“The only place that I know that does this is Stark county. I never see any other papers doing this. Ever. Ever. “
But doesn’t do any research to back up the validity of it. As I said it took me minutes to find 3 articles from 3 different Ohio newspapers.

You might think it’s stupid but that’s the law and clearly ALOT of people are interested, look at the mckinley and Hoover and now Massillon threads about coaching candidates.
If you think your paying too much for gas buy an electric car.
You don't know who pays coaches' salaries?
Forgive me. I thought you were being a smart a--.
Turns out if you really didn't know, then you really were being a dumb a--.

I don't need to do research to say what I'VE SEEN.
Old 05-13-18, 10:03 PM
All American

Quote:

And I'm guessing I've been following northeast Ohio sports for longer than you've been alive.
Wanna bet ? Unless your pushing 75-80.
Old 05-14-18, 11:48 AM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Heard Chad Hazzared is the front runner to obtain this job.
Old 05-14-18, 11:51 AM
All District

Akronite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
Heard Chad Hazzared is the front runner to obtain this job.
Of course he is!!!
Old 05-14-18, 11:55 AM
All District

team all in is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish someone would just give him a chance to be honest. He has done a great job with Ellet's jv team and has won about 5 city series jv titles. I think Massillon should at least give an interview because from what I hear he does a great job of relating to his kids and they call him a players coach
Old 05-14-18, 12:09 PM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by team all in View Post
I wish someone would just give him a chance to be honest. He has done a great job with Ellet's jv team and has won about 5 city series jv titles. I think Massillon should at least give an interview because from what I hear he does a great job of relating to his kids and they call him a players coach
Is that even a thing? Do they have a title game like the varsity?
Old 05-14-18, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Chet Harper
Old 05-14-18, 06:17 PM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Chet Harper
You don't hire an assistant when you have competent head coaches available like Ford. Now he could get hired as an assistant for an example if Massillon would have a brain fart and hire Bowden.
Old 05-15-18, 01:34 PM
Varsity

Ford may be a great choice but he has 1 year as head coach and 1 year as assistant coach. Massillon should be a very good job if the right coach is picked and has the full support of the school system. If not , it won't matter.
Old 05-15-18, 02:55 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
They should pick Chet Harper because Kobe + Ballard=District Champs
Old 05-15-18, 05:01 PM
Varsity

District championships don't come easy.
Old 05-16-18, 08:01 PM
Varsity

Ford didn't apply for Massillon job.