Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-05-15, 08:37 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Baldwin Wallace basketball coach takes AD job at Dublin Coffman

This is interesting. You don't see a move like this every day.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/coll...tball_coa.html

Quote:
Baldwin Wallace basketball coach Duane Sheldon resigns, takes job at Dublin Coffman
By Tim Warsinskey, The Plain Dealer
on April 28, 2015 at 1:01 PM, updated April 28, 2015 at 2:55 PM

BEREA, Ohio -- Baldwin Wallace men's basketball coach Duane Sheldon has resigned and accepted a position as Dublin Coffman High School athletic director in suburban Columbus.

Sheldon compiled a 98-83 record in seven years at BW. The Yellow Jackets were 18-9 last season, their fourth straight winning season. His best record was 19-6 record in 2012-13.

"We truly love BW and we are very thankful for the opportunity and the privilege to coach so many great young men," Sheldon said in a press release issued by the school. "We have formed many great relationships with great people that make it difficult to leave. We have nothing but the fondest memories of Baldwin Wallace University.''

Sheldon is a graduate of Strongsville High and BW. He returned to his alma mater in 2008 after six years building Heidelberg into an OAC champion.

He previously coached at Midpark High School.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-15, 08:47 AM
Freshman

redbird_balla21 is on a distinguished road
Baldwin Wallace is a pretty good job, I would look for a lot of people to chase this one. Who are some names people think might chase after this job?

One name that comes to mind for me is:

Tim Walker (Malone) - with the uncertainty about Malone going D3, one would have to think that Baldwin Wallace is a better job, I would guess it pays at least the same, if not more.
Old 05-05-15, 12:02 PM
Freshman

*67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird_balla21 View Post
Baldwin Wallace is a pretty good job, I would look for a lot of people to chase this one. Who are some names people think might chase after this job?

One name that comes to mind for me is:

Tim Walker (Malone) - with the uncertainty about Malone going D3, one would have to think that Baldwin Wallace is a better job, I would guess it pays at least the same, if not more.
Malone announced yesterday they're staying in D2
Old 05-05-15, 02:20 PM
Freshman

Are you sure about that? Their Freshman of the Year in the GLIAC PG already transferred and they lost out on their best recruit because of this too.
Old 05-06-15, 03:24 PM
Freshman

*67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you sure about that? Their Freshman of the Year in the GLIAC PG already transferred and they lost out on their best recruit because of this too.
Pretty sure.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article...1378/FRONTPAGE
Old 05-06-15, 07:24 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Gotta think Sean O'Toole has to consider this job
Old 05-07-15, 12:37 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Jerry Bucilla, maybe?
Old 05-07-15, 06:13 AM
All World

PDC is on a distinguished road
I grew up on the same street as Duane. Good guy, good coach.

Best of luck to him at Coffman.
Old 05-12-15, 01:42 AM
All Ohio

stoike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As a Malone alum, I am PISSED about what transpired. I feel like the Browns ownership must have taken over Malone athletics. So stupid. Should never have happened.

White (the recruit) ended up at a Div-1 school.

Haraway transferred to Ashland.

Two huge losses...a gifted young point guard and one of the best shooters in the state.
Old 05-12-15, 08:36 AM
All Region

bbfan29 is on a distinguished road
I think the biggest problem of a name coach taking the job is the pay. DIII schools do not pay much for coaching ONLY. I heard thats why he left BW.
Old 05-12-15, 09:51 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
As a Malone alum, I am PISSED about what transpired. I feel like the Browns ownership must have taken over Malone athletics. So stupid. Should never have happened.

White (the recruit) ended up at a Div-1 school.

Haraway transferred to Ashland.

Two huge losses...a gifted young point guard and one of the best shooters in the state.
I agree, I'd have to think Coach Walker wasn't all too pleased. Wouldn't be surprised to see him job searching a bit.
Old 05-12-15, 10:11 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
I feel like the Browns ownership must have taken over Malone athletics.
That would definitely be the kiss of death.
Old 05-12-15, 12:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I agree, I'd have to think Coach Walker wasn't all too pleased. Wouldn't be surprised to see him job searching a bit.
Well, the worst part is that it was partially his fault. One of the players' parents told my friend that coach Walker sort of jumped the gun on this one in granting the release of the players before having a full grasp.
Old 05-12-15, 01:49 PM
Freshman

My understanding of the situation is that the school came to coach and told him it was all but a done deal and recommended he tell his players so they could explore their options. Haraway wanted to make sure he got out to avoid injury, even though he could have played at Malone this year, and played at Ashland immediately the next year, whereas now, he will be sitting out this season.

White I imagine knew he had plenty of offers on the table and the whole situation made him a little uneasy.
Old 05-12-15, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
My understanding of the situation is that the school came to coach and told him it was all but a done deal and recommended he tell his players so they could explore their options. Haraway wanted to make sure he got out to avoid injury, even though he could have played at Malone this year, and played at Ashland immediately the next year, whereas now, he will be sitting out this season.

White I imagine knew he had plenty of offers on the table and the whole situation made him a little uneasy.
What is sad is that both kids wanted to be at Malone. They were lucky to have both, and managed to lose them.
Old 05-13-15, 10:29 AM
Junior Varsity

arnie palmer is on a distinguished road
So Malone just announced they are staying DII but going to the easier GMAC conference (which is split of the old West Virginia conference teams that did not move to the new league and NAIA schools that went DII but did not going CLIAC). Was that the issue all along that they thought they could not compete in the GLIAC? Is that the same reason why Girls' coach Mishler jumped ship to Tiffin to stay coaching in GLIAC?
Old 05-13-15, 08:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie palmer View Post
So Malone just announced they are staying DII but going to the easier GMAC conference (which is split of the old West Virginia conference teams that did not move to the new league and NAIA schools that went DII but did not going CLIAC). Was that the issue all along that they thought they could not compete in the GLIAC? Is that the same reason why Girls' coach Mishler jumped ship to Tiffin to stay coaching in GLIAC?
Seems to be sort of a sissy approach. They competed very well in their first year in the GLIAC, and even the year before that. Blah.

I am SURE that is why Mish jumped at the chance to take the Tiffin job.
Old 05-18-15, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

allworld is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie palmer View Post
Malone is not the only school going to the GMAC....Walsh, Ohio Dominican, Lake Erie and I believe one other!

They are doing it because of travel!