Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-18, 02:45 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Kind of like the old saying that "kids who play an instrument , get better grades". That is true. Disciplined hard working kids play instruments, and disciplined hard working kids get good grades. One does not cause the other.
Old 11-14-18, 03:47 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR89 View Post
I think thamouth.....I mean the thavoice, got his heart broke by an Anna girl somewhere along the line. He's bringing this up in just about thread he posts in. Time to move on.
I think maybe he is upset, that you can't go into Anna and sit down at a bar and buy a beer.....and mcCartyville doesn't count...
Old 11-14-18, 04:36 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
Thanks State.

Are my 2004 (HN) and 2005 (DSJ) champs correct?
Yep!
Old 11-14-18, 04:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I think maybe he is upset, that you can't go into Anna and sit down at a bar and buy a beer.....and mcCartyville doesn't count...
Why doesn't Anna have a bar? Or do the consider the Inn Between their bar because that's technically in Botkins.
Old 11-14-18, 08:19 PM
Freshman

Cycle937 is on a distinguished road
I have news that there is now a Bar in Anna. Thanks to Joes that opened just last week. just on the east side of I-75, and heard that it is very nice on the inside. Personally wish it could be where the old Faultline was. But we finally have a bar!
Old 11-14-18, 08:38 PM
Varsity

AR89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Maybe we should be the McCartyville Rockets then we'd have a bar and all would be good! I did hear a bar was opening on the other side of interstate in Anna, don't know the details yet.
Old 11-14-18, 08:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Maybe we should be the McCartyville Rockets then we'd have a bar and all would be good! I did hear a bar was opening on the other side of interstate in Anna, don't know the details yet.
Hey AR, why are Anna's numbers as low as they are? They had 21 juniors and that was half the roster. Just curious.
Old 11-14-18, 09:08 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Those are a must but don't get the ones in the green packaging as they have like a 16.7% success rate.
16.7% must be better than your success rate with the chicks in Anna, that would explain the butt hurt you seem to have . Voice, I used to enjoy reading your take on on the Mac games, I thought you had a lot of good insight but I must say, the continued dogging of Anna losing in the first round is getting quite old. I don't think you'll find anyone from Anna that is happy or content with our playoff woes so your constant ribbing does nothing but make you look like a fool. We've made the playoffs 5 times since joining the Mac and last year was the first time we've been there since 2010. Yes, our Mac playoff record is 1-5 but we're not losing to slouches either. 2008 ML (lost in state semis), 2009 CW (lost in state finals), 2010 CW (state champs), 2017 Madison (lost in state semis), 2018 Elyria. 3 of the 5 losses are to other Mac schools. We definitely need to get better but we don't need your "help".
Old 11-14-18, 09:14 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Hey AR, why are Anna's numbers as low as they are? They had 21 juniors and that was half the roster. Just curious.
This years Senior and Sophomore class both were under 10. I don't really know the reason behind the small numbers for the Senior class but I believe the Sophomore class had a "mass exodus" after their 8th grade year. Not really sure but I think there were a lot of "followers" in that class and when a couple of the "leaders" got pissed and quit, the followers do what they do. I think the junior high numbers were good this year so hopefully this is just a bump in the road.
Old 11-14-18, 09:14 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
16.7% must be better than your success rate with the chicks in Anna, that would explain the butt hurt you seem to have . Voice, I used to enjoy reading your take on on the Mac games, I thought you had a lot of good insight but I must say, the continued dogging of Anna losing in the first round is getting quite old. I don't think you'll find anyone from Anna that is happy or content with our playoff woes so your constant ribbing does nothing but make you look like a fool. We've made the playoffs 5 times since joining the Mac and last year was the first time we've been there since 2010. Yes, our Mac playoff record is 1-5 but we're not losing to slouches either. 2008 ML (lost in state semis), 2009 CW (lost in state finals), 2010 CW (state champs), 2017 Madison (lost in state semis), 2018 Elyria. 3 of the 5 losses are to other Mac schools. We definitely need to get better but we don't need your "help".
Old 11-14-18, 09:32 PM
All American

Quote:
This years Senior and Sophomore class both were under 10. I don't really know the reason behind the small numbers for the Senior class but I believe the Sophomore class had a "mass exodus" after their 8th grade year. Not really sure but I think there were a lot of "followers" in that class and when a couple of the "leaders" got pissed and quit, the followers do what they do. I think the junior high numbers were good this year so hopefully this is just a bump in the road.
Gotcha!
Old 11-15-18, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am pleasantly surprised you picked up on that success rate reference.
There may be help for you yet.

My fun is over, for now, since Mr BigKat also said I was going over the deep end so I will cease and desist with the rantings but doggone it I was disappointed in their loss and then I took it too far so accept my solemn apology.

Let's be thankful this weather is today and not Friday/Saturday for the Big Game. So far we have references to carharts, cowbells as an indicator of a potential victor, do we have any other whimsical prognostications?

I have the team I hope like heck wins this but if they fall, I will be ALL IN on the other to represent the MAC. Many of us know what it means to represent something bigger than ourselves and that is how it is for this conference.

GO MAC!
Old 11-15-18, 08:51 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why doesn't Anna have a bar? Or do the consider the Inn Between their bar because that's technically in Botkins.
Drove through there on Friday... Those street lamps are an eerie color and the fact there's no bar made the town look abandoned around 8:30
Old 11-15-18, 12:20 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I am pleasantly surprised you picked up on that success rate reference.
There may be help for you yet.

My fun is over, for now, since Mr BigKat also said I was going over the deep end so I will cease and desist with the rantings but doggone it I was disappointed in their loss and then I took it too far so accept my solemn apology.

Let's be thankful this weather is today and not Friday/Saturday for the Big Game. So far we have references to carharts, cowbells as an indicator of a potential victor, do we have any other whimsical prognostications?

I have the team I hope like heck wins this but if they fall, I will be ALL IN on the other to represent the MAC. Many of us know what it means to represent something bigger than ourselves and that is how it is for this conference.

GO MAC!
Thanks Voice! Believe me, everyone in Anna is very disappointed in the outcomes the last 2 years.
Old 11-15-18, 02:32 PM
Freshman

SidneyHigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Drove through there on Friday... Those street lamps are an eerie color and the fact there's no bar made the town look abandoned around 8:30
The "downtown" is pretty spooky at night, but there is a bar again! It's called Joe's Place 2 I guess. It's on the east side of 75.
Old 11-18-18, 01:03 PM
Varsity

kodeman419 is on a distinguished road
I went to the wheelsrsburg Madison game last night. Decent contest. But I came away thinking how spoiled us MAC fans are watching week in and week out the quality of play and coaching.... I just came away thinking anyone of ML, SH or CW would beat these teams and Minster and Anna could be toss up.
Old 11-18-18, 01:55 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
I know Coldwater is not used to losing play-off games but what a great job of coaching by Otten this season. Coldwater did not have a 1st team or 2nd team offensive or defensive lineman make ALL - MAC. It is amazing they went 8 - 2 on the reg. season.
Old 11-18-18, 02:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I know Coldwater is not used to losing play-off games but what a great job of coaching by Otten this season. Coldwater did not have a 1st team or 2nd team offensive or defensive lineman make ALL - MAC. It is amazing they went 8 - 2 on the reg. season.
Well stirred, had we won and gone on to the state championship. We'd probably be talking about where we'll put the statue. Our talent is young yet. Sure losing and just getting flat out embarrassed sucks but it's not like I didnt see it coming. We were lucky to beat St Henry.
Old 11-18-18, 03:52 PM
Varsity

We
Quote:

I was pleasantly surprised with way Coldwater was able to run the ball over the course of the season compared to last season. Likewise, I was disappointed with the inability to play better run defense but the effort was there. Looking forward to next season... who will be RB? Where will blasingame be playing on the offensive side of the ball? Where will the Cavs be? D5 or D6. Come on state champion I need answers

Last edited by kodeman419; 11-18-18 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Error
Old 11-18-18, 04:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman419 View Post
We

I was pleasantly surprised with way Coldwater was able to run the ball over the course of the season compared to last season. Likewise, I was disappointed with the inability to play better run defense but the effort was there. Looking forward to next season... who will be RB? Where will blasingame be playing on the offensive side of the ball? Where will the Cavs be? D5 or D6. Come on state champion I need answers
Running back will be interesting. There's probably 3 candidates I see:
Nathan Grieshop- Senior next year, played when our JV offense went in. He'll probably get the first look.

Alex Knapke- Junior next year. Might play more defense

Isaac Fullenkamp- Sophomore next year. He has some size for a young kid but haven't seen him play.

After seeing the game vs Marion you can probably guess what I think Myles should be playing on offense but he probably could play WR or RB if needed.

I think we'll be back in D5. I'll be angry if we aren't.
Old 11-18-18, 04:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Running back will be interesting. There's probably 3 candidates I see:
Nathan Grieshop- Senior next year, played when our JV offense went in. He'll probably get the first look.

Alex Knapke- Junior next year. Might play more defense

Isaac Fullenkamp- Sophomore next year. He has some size for a young kid but haven't seen him play.

After seeing the game vs Marion you can probably guess what I think Myles should be playing on offense but he probably could play WR or RB if needed.

I think we'll be back in D5. I'll be angry if we aren't.

What was noticeable to me in the Marion game was the arm strength of Bruns. He could get that ball out to Tangeman to the field side immediately. A weaker armed Qb gives the defense time to recover to minimize the gain. I would have been playing some safety over top and get a body up in the flat for sure. Playing man was a slow and sometimes quick death... Depending whether you db played up or back. I. Saying this because I agree, I think Blasingame has that same arm strength as Bruns. I like Hemelgarm too for other qualities but his lack of strength does allow good defenses recovery time. I'm thinking Blasingame will assume Frilling's role but I think has the potential to be closer to Harlament...

Defensively, that's the biggest need for improvement. Same scheme or changes coming?
Old 11-18-18, 04:33 PM
All Region

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
... I think Blasingame has that same arm strength as Bruns.
Probably not.

Outside of Adam Bertke, Todd Boeckman, and perhaps Bobby Hoying, has there been a MAC qb with a cannon like Bruns' in the past 30 years?

I don't know for sure about Blasingame's arm strength (have never seen him play qb), but if it's up there with the short list above, and since he is supposedly a very good athlete, I'd think he would've been the starter for the Cav varsity this year.

Just my guess on the situation.
Old 11-18-18, 04:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Probably not. Outside of Adam Bertke, Todd Boeckman, and perhaps Bobby Hoying, has there been a MAC qb with a cannon like Bruns' in the past 30 years?

I don't know for sure about Blasingame's arm strength, of course (have never seen him play qb), but if it's up there with the short list above he almost certainly would've been the starter for the Cav varsity this year.

Don't forget about Keith Wenning.
Old 11-18-18, 04:40 PM
All World

As for CW' s QB situation, have not seen Blasingame play QB, but have seen him on the bball court a very good athlete. With Niekamp graduating at rb. CW will probably rely more on the QB to run the ball next year and I do not know if Hemmelgarn could take a full season of being the main ball carrier, his rushing numbers really tailed off towards the end of the season.
Old 11-18-18, 04:47 PM
All American

Quote:
What was noticeable to me in the Marion game was the arm strength of Bruns. He could get that ball out to Tangeman to the field side immediately. A weaker armed Qb gives the defense time to recover to minimize the gain. I would have been playing some safety over top and get a body up in the flat for sure. Playing man was a slow and sometimes quick death... Depending whether you db played up or back. I. Saying this because I agree, I think Blasingame has that same arm strength as Bruns. I like Hemelgarm too for other qualities but his lack of strength does allow good defenses recovery time. I'm thinking Blasingame will assume Frilling's role but I think has the potential to be closer to Harlament...

Defensively, that's the biggest need for improvement. Same scheme or changes coming?
Agreed completely and I think he's faster than Jake but I think Jake is more methodical. If he does play wide receiver next year he'll do really well. No offense to Jake but his passes float too much.

Defensively I saw against Marion that Russell Klosterman will be too slow to play MLB so I'd keep him at guard and if he plays defense maybe Defensive tackle will work for him and run a 4/3 or 4/4 like our norm. Idk who be the Ends but I will say that putting Noah Miller at end was a great Idea late in the season. It all depends who steps up. Maybe Alex Knapke at MLB and Nick Bailey and Josh Hrycko at OLB. Russell Klosterman and Blake Dippold at DT. I think that could work.
Old 11-18-18, 04:50 PM
All Region

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't forget about Keith Wenning.
Good point - I watched Wenning dismantle ML in 09.
Old 11-18-18, 05:04 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Probably not.

Outside of Adam Bertke, Todd Boeckman, and perhaps Bobby Hoying, has there been a MAC qb with a cannon like Bruns' in the past 30 years?

I don't know for sure about Blasingame's arm strength (have never seen him play qb), but if it's up there with the short list above, and since he is supposedly a very good athlete, I'd think he would've been the starter for the Cav varsity this year.

Josh Nixon had a gun...I think he is the all time passing leader in the MAC..
Old 11-18-18, 06:42 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Probably not.

I would say Coldwater plays their upper class men unless it's a Ross Homan or a Hoying. Remember who had to wait for Klienke to graduate before he got his chance? Wenning.

As for Blasingame, idk about his deep ball, haven't seen enough of that part of his game but I'll tell you what I have seen... Against Wapak, while rolling to his right, the DB baited him to throw, and jumped the route when it was released.... I literally said out loud loudly... Nooooo!!! Lol thought it was a pick 6.... He absolutely smoked it in such a tight window. Could Blasingame make those same throws to the field side flat on a dime with the same velocity as Bruns did??? Absolutely. Bank it! But there's much more to the Qb position that I haven't seen of him. When I seen him make that throw, I thought to myself, I'm more worried he throws too hard for his receivers to consistently catch it at this level.
Old 11-18-18, 08:05 PM
All American

Quote:
I would say Coldwater plays their upper class men unless it's a Ross Homan or a Hoying. Remember who had to wait for Klienke to graduate before he got his chance? Wenning.

As for Blasingame, idk about his deep ball, haven't seen enough of that part of his game but I'll tell you what I have seen... Against Wapak, while rolling to his right, the DB baited him to throw, and jumped the route when it was released.... I literally said out loud loudly... Nooooo!!! Lol thought it was a pick 6.... He absolutely smoked it in such a tight window. Could Blasingame make those same throws to the field side flat on a dime with the same velocity as Bruns did??? Absolutely. Bank it! But there's much more to the Qb position that I haven't seen of him. When I seen him make that throw, I thought to myself, I'm more worried he throws too hard for his receivers to consistently catch it at this level.
I worry if we do that with Myles, he might end up with D2 offers instead of FCS/ Mid American Conference offers. He's that good.
Old 11-18-18, 08:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I worry if we do that with Myles, he might end up with D2 offers instead of FCS/ Mid American Conference offers. He's that good.
Yeah, I could see that happening as well. Wenning was 1 class behind Klenke if I remember correctly and it did work out for him so let's hope for the best. Rothlesberger was in a similar situation as well. Coldwater seems to reward loyalty to players that stay in the program. Pros and cons both ways like always.... I do like the move of Miller to DE as well BTW. As for moving to D5, someone needs to get a ringer or 2 to push them up