Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-17-18, 07:56 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Going down 21 contributed to that no doubt.
60 PA
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-18, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Lol

That could grow out into an awesome mullet.

Metal-head jorts nati-clone guy would love it
Old 09-17-18, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
About last years defense being 5th...
I think that was a product of their schedule.
Vikings had their starter hurt and this new QB, Keenum, was starting his first game.
They played the Ravens, browns and bengals a total of 6 times.
THe Bears...…..believe they had a backup in and won with freakin Glennon, a bad titans team,
a bad colts team,
a packers team with a backup.
a Texans team with a backup.

The season really set up nicely. Dont forget the Jags...a good etam with a poor offense (twice) yet gave up 40 plus in the playoff matchup.

They had such an easy setup last year
Old 09-18-18, 08:00 AM
All World

Bballer05
part of the defensive problem is not just the secondary - it's the lack of pass rush. it was there in week 1. disappeared in week 2.

literally did not TOUCH Mahomes once. not once. yes the secondary was bad but you can't draw up some kind of blitz packages to attack Mahomes??? anything but just bum-rush 4, which Steelers did 90% of the time and they NEVER touched Mahomes. I could've thrown a few of those passes left-handed to some of those Chiefs WR's for how open they were.

pass rush and secondary are linked together (somewhat). if you don't get a pass rush, DB's can only cover really good WR's for so long.
Old 09-18-18, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
part of the defensive problem is not just the secondary - it's the lack of pass rush. it was there in week 1. disappeared in week 2.

literally did not TOUCH Mahomes once. not once. yes the secondary was bad but you can't draw up some kind of blitz packages to attack Mahomes??? anything but just bum-rush 4, which Steelers did 90% of the time and they NEVER touched Mahomes. I could've thrown a few of those passes left-handed to some of those Chiefs WR's for how open they were.

pass rush and secondary are linked together (somewhat). if you don't get a pass rush, DB's can only cover really good WR's for so long.
3-4 is predicated on disguising the pressure and wehre it is coming from even moreso than the 4-3. With LeBeau no longer around maybe it has run its course.

-
Old 09-18-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

After 3 games I had the steelers at 2-1 with a loss to KC.

Best they can do now is 1-1-1 which is a half game off what I expected and really isn't much to worry about but this team is falling apart.

it is an absolute circus atmosphere and that starts with the coach allowing this over the years.

I see them at 0-2-1 after the Buccs game.

The upcoming schedule:

BUCCS--Loss
Ratbirds---Win. If they don't win this one, a HOME game in PRIMETIME then this season is lost. Ever since Cowher was coach this franchise has played big time at home in primetime.
FALCONS: Loss.
Bengals: Loss
BYE: Probably not a loss
BROWNS: WIN
Ravens: LOSS
Carolina: WIN
Jax: LOSS
Broncos: LOSS
Chargers: WIN
Raiders; Loss. Always play awful on west coast
NE: Loss
SAINTS: Loss
Bengals: WIN

A 5-10-1 record is entirely possible with this team right now.
Old 09-18-18, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Steelers imploding?

Brown not showing up for practice on Monday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown
Old 09-18-18, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Yeah, things are going South for the Steelers. Maybe it comes out he was given the day off.
Old 09-18-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

They will try to cover it up with an excuse.

Nearly 5000 no shows for the home opener to me shows the fans are becoming disenfranchised. Very good weather, home opener and against a solid opponent and the attendance is poor.

Did you hear that noise?

That was the window violently slamming shut on championship #7.

Sign and trade Bell. Give Brown his wish and trade him. Start working the future franchise qb in the mix to see if they can count on him or if they need to keep looking.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. With just a few hiccups here and there it has been a fantastic ride since Coach Noll retired. I guess it is time for the franchise to rebuild
Old 09-18-18, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They will try to cover it up with an excuse.

Nearly 5000 no shows for the home opener to me shows the fans are becoming disenfranchised. Very good weather, home opener and against a solid opponent and the attendance is poor.

Did you hear that noise?

That was the window violently slamming shut on championship #7.

Sign and trade Bell. Give Brown his wish and trade him. Start working the future franchise qb in the mix to see if they can count on him or if they need to keep looking.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. With just a few hiccups here and there it has been a fantastic ride since Coach Noll retired. I guess it is time for the franchise to rebuild
They really should trade Bell, if they can. I don't see him sticking around once he's eligible to bolt.
Old 09-18-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
They really should trade Bell, if they can. I don't see him sticking around once he's eligible to bolt.
That would be ideal to get something out of him but if they feel he is going to come in and play this year and they still have a shot at the playoffs ya might as well keep him.

They likely wont get a lot out of him because he is a FA after this season.

He just may become one of the most hated steelers of all time creating this mess. Reports of him partying it up in Miami while his teammates work their off
Old 09-18-18, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It doesn't matter who the personnel are with the coaching staff. If changes are to be made, they start there.
Old 09-18-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That would be ideal to get something out of him but if they feel he is going to come in and play this year and they still have a shot at the playoffs ya might as well keep him.

He just may become one of the most hated steelers of all time creating this mess. Reports of him partying it up in Miami while his teammates work their off
If the team he was traded to was allowed to negotiate a contract, the Steelers could likely get a decent haul for him. Someone like SF, DET or the NYJ's would probably pay handsomely.
Old 09-18-18, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
It doesn't matter who the personnel are with the coaching staff. If changes are to be made, they start there.
Do you see this happening? The Rooney's seem loyal to a fault.
Old 09-18-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The only reason I could see for not keeping him if he does come in would be team chemistry. At this point they're not likely to get more for him in a trade than they would from the compensatory draft pick they'll get from him walking.
Old 09-18-18, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Do you see this happening? The Rooney's seem loyal to a fault.
Depends how bad things get. The playere are entirely out of control and are they are really at risk at being winless after 3 weeks. If it continues the whole year, there's just no way they can justify keeping them around, and the fans will stay home.
Old 09-18-18, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If the team he was traded to was allowed to negotiate a contract, the Steelers could likely get a decent haul for him. Someone like SF, DET or the NYJ's would probably pay handsomely.
I believe under the current CBA that this is very unlikely to happen.

Franchise tag players have until a certain date, this year it was mid july, to hammer out a long term deal. If not, a new deal cannot be negotiated until after the season.

So.......unable to do the ole NBA 'sign-and-trade' deals of the past or a mid season trade after the new team and bell basically agree to a deal.

You are a smart guy and likely knew that but I do know many don't know it.

In terms of firing Tomlin right now, the chance are zero unless he has sort of scandal of epic proportions.

With Haley gone there really isn't anyone on the staff with the experience or pedigree to be able to become a HC unless they want to throw Mitchell a bone for being around so long.

For so long in the past you could always lean on a D-Coord to take over if they were in a total bind and wanted to fire their HC but that isn't happening.

They will ride this wave. Will Tomlin be back after this season? It 100% relies on how this team finishes. Miss the playoffs? Good chance he is fired. Win less than 7 games that chance goes up.

The Rooney's believe in continuity and for good reason. There was turmoil in the Cowher days and many wanted him gone but he rebounded nicely and won a SB at the tail end.
Old 09-18-18, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

I personally think the long leash the Rooney's give the HC has cost the Steelers championships. Cowher fell short continually, just as Tomlin has, though he maintained much more control over the players. I think you have to place a lot of their success on the Steelers' general managers. Their GMs have handed them loads of talent over the past 25 years, probably more than any other team in the league over that span. 3 SB appearances and 2 wins may seem like a good deal, but I think they should have at least been to 5 or 6.
Old 09-18-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I think the Steelers were fortunate to win 2 sbs over that span.
Old 09-18-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I personally think the long leash the Rooney's give the HC has cost the Steelers championships. Cowher fell short continually, just as Tomlin has, though he maintained much more control over the players. I think you have to place a lot of their success on the Steelers' general managers. Their GMs have handed them loads of talent over the past 25 years, probably more than any other team in the league over that span. 3 SB appearances and 2 wins may seem like a good deal, but I think they should have at least been to 5 or 6.
Cowher's teams did seem to underperform at times but did seem to have more discipline.

Yeah, they likely shoulda won more but what if they did have a quicker trigger finger in getting rid of coaches? Doesn't guarantee more SB wins and it could have been less.

Cower was 12-9 in the playoffs. In 1995 the cowboys were just that much better even though woodson was basically out of that game and season.

I think it could have gone the other way if they would be the type of fire guys quickly.

Just because your a good team and the coach cannot win in the post season means a new coachw ill win. Look at Dusty Baker...led a lot of teams to the postseason only to get fired and the teams struggle mightily soon thereafter.
Old 09-18-18, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

I'm not saying they should have fired them quickly, but Cowher was there for 15 seasons and Tomlin's in his 12th. Seems a tad excessive.

Image if they would have fired Cowher and hired Tom Coughlin, like was rumored after the debacle against Denver in '97-'98 AFCCG, IIRC. Maybe they don't get owned by Belichick every season over the next 7-8 years.
Old 09-18-18, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I think the Steelers were fortunate to win 2 sbs over that span.
Agreed. They won that one against the Seahawks in spite of Roethlisberger. He was good in the regular (his rookie) season & gagged in the SB. And a very fortunate James Harrison pick 6 versus the Cards.
Old 09-19-18, 07:24 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
How about that sweet pass to Santonio Holmes?
Old 09-19-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Agreed. They won that one against the Seahawks in spite of Roethlisberger. He was good in the regular (his rookie) season & gagged in the SB. And a very fortunate James Harrison pick 6 versus the Cards.
Fantastic play by Harrison no doubt. He wasn't even supposed to be doing what he did on that play.

Very underrated part of that play happened on the Cardinals bench. Harrison should have been tackled on the run back but many of the Cardinals bench players were close to the sideline where they are not supposed to be. A WR was close to be able to tackle Harrison but had to run AROUND those players on the sideline. That extra time/distance he had to run was the difference in tackling him before the TD.

They stay back, tackle is made, and likely the course of history changed as well.
Old 09-20-18, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

Ben's gonna Ben....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-daniels-book/
Old 09-20-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think it's the coach as much as it is all the ME guys the roster is flooded with
Old 09-20-18, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I don't think it's the coach as much as it is all the ME guys the roster is flooded with
But he's let the ME attitude go on.
Old 09-21-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Did you guys just see that?

The torch was handed from Rapistburger to Mayfield as the premiere QB in the division, conference and soon to be throughout the entire league.

Steelers fans should be extremely depressed today to find out that the red headed step child known as the browns is all grown up and now a stud who will continually beat on those who bullied them all these years.

That tie for the steelers looks good now because if Mayfield had started week one then Bakerland would have beaten the steelers handily.
Old 09-21-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

2018 might be the Madden curse's finest work
Old 09-21-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
2018 might be the Madden curse's finest work
Do not know who even is on the cover this year but I wholeheartedly believe in that curse.